Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Construction Ships Fail To Pick Up Proper Resources

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Construction Ships Fail To Pick Up Proper Resources Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Construction Ships Fail To Pick Up Proper Resources - 12/16/2011 2:51:24 PM   
Decepticons

This has happened early in a few of my recent games (RoS, most recent patch). I assign a construction ship to go build something (usually a mining station) at a nearby planet. It goes to my homeworld, picks up resources and then proceeds to the assigned planet and starts building. However, at some point the building percentage stops. Checking the resources on the ship, it doesn't have enough of some particular resource to complete construction. I was hoping a cargo ship could fix this but even after waiting several years in some cases, the construction ship is just sitting there trying to build a station it will never finish.

I noticed this happens even when there ARE planets with the proper resources available. A construction ship still went to my home planet to pick up resources and there was no Steel there. It picked up all the other resources it needed and went to the build site, but could not complete past 30%.
Post #: 1
RE: Construction Ships Fail To Pick Up Proper Resources - 12/16/2011 2:53:47 PM   
Shark7

Eventually your freighters will haul the necessary resources to the construction ship. This is the reason constructors have a docking component.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Decepticons)
Post #: 2
RE: Construction Ships Fail To Pick Up Proper Resources - 12/16/2011 3:02:42 PM   
Theluin

Yes but waiting for a freighter takes forever. A quicker way is to tell the constructor to move to some nearby spot and then order it to repair the unfinished station. It'll go and pick up the needed resources and then finish building the station. From my observations this only happens if your constructors have too little cargo space or there is a resource shortage in your empire. So you could try to add a few more cargo bays to your constructor design to avoid the problem in the future

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 3
RE: Construction Ships Fail To Pick Up Proper Resources - 12/16/2011 3:06:03 PM   
Shark7

And while that works, I'm not into micro-managing my constructors, and the freighters will bring the stuff. So you can do nothing and still accomplish the goal, though it takes a bit longer.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Theluin)
Post #: 4
RE: Construction Ships Fail To Pick Up Proper Resources - 12/16/2011 3:18:14 PM   
Theluin

It's just a difference of aproach to the subject

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 5
RE: Construction Ships Fail To Pick Up Proper Resources - 12/16/2011 3:20:17 PM   
Gelatinous Cube

I am certainly a fan of the do-nothing approach to constructors. It is more than possible to run your economy at any level of detail purely through the expansion planner. Especially since the latest patch improved construction ship queueing.

(in reply to Theluin)
Post #: 6
RE: Construction Ships Fail To Pick Up Proper Resources - 12/16/2011 3:25:01 PM   
Decepticons

Thanks all, in the past I'd just been scrapping the base and re-starting the construction, hoping the constructor would find the needed resources this time. Good to know I can stop construction and simply repair to finish the base. Early in the game seems like cargo ships are taking their sweet time getting supplies to construction ships, so that's the easiest solution for me. 

(in reply to Gelatinous Cube)
Post #: 7
RE: Construction Ships Fail To Pick Up Proper Resources - 12/16/2011 8:46:31 PM   
Evrett

My const shipips dont like to pick up fuel for themselves :(

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

(in reply to Decepticons)
Post #: 8
RE: Construction Ships Fail To Pick Up Proper Resources - 12/16/2011 10:22:51 PM   
feelotraveller

That's pretty strange. You seem to be having some refueling issues. What version are you running? Normally constructors will refuel when they pick up materials for their next job. Only reason I can think that they would not is if your spaceport is out of fuel.

(in reply to Evrett)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Construction Ships Fail To Pick Up Proper Resources Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI