Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: MCS UPDATE Poll

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: MCS UPDATE Poll Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
[Poll]

MCS UPDATE Poll

0% (0)
  0% (0)
1.02b
  5% (2)
  0% (0)
  95% (38)

Total Votes : 40

(last vote on : 2/25/2012 11:50:34 PM)
(Poll will run till: -- )
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/22/2011 1:36:50 PM   
Hawk Kriegsman

Hello Marc,

I pretty much think you have your answer on which update most people are using.

Statistically speaking you have approximately a 90% confidence interval with a 2% error run rate. A pretty solid result.

Your scenario face plate looks real slick.

Welcome to the Blitz I look forward to playing you.

The cheating accusation was not brought up by any member of the Blitz. But it has been responded to by some member of the Bltz.

You may want to address that with the person who brought up cheating in the first place.

Thanx!

Hawk

< Message edited by Hawk Kriegsman -- 12/22/2011 1:40:52 PM >

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 31
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/22/2011 1:40:57 PM   
marcbarker

Hawk ready anytime you are on a PBEM. I prefer the large scenarios because of units involved and dynamics of a battle. Like I said makes no difference to me on cheating sooooo it is moot for me. I think I will include the scenarios that are 1.02 and maybe the original west front scenarios...I still have my talonsoft cds and still play them to this day. They run great on XP...also on the white background issue....if it comes up wait for a few seconds then hit the escape key and poof everything is fine.

Marc

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re

(in reply to Hawk Kriegsman)
Post #: 32
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/22/2011 1:50:04 PM   
Hawk Kriegsman

Hello Marc,

Most of the old Talonsoft scenarios run just fine on with the current Matrix 1.04 edition. I just finished one that was created with TS.

Sure fire up a game. I have very simple parameters. Matrix edition 1.04, all options on EXCEPT for variable visibility and a max complexity of 8 (I already have 3 complexity 10's going).

If that works for you then send away. If not then I will contact you the next time I have a complexity 10 slot open.

Thanx!

Hawk

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 33
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/22/2011 1:51:33 PM   
marcbarker

Ext Assaul...off possibly?

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

Post #: 34
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/22/2011 2:56:11 PM   
Hawk Kriegsman

Hello Marc,

I just don't play with EA off any more and I am not real flexible about it.

You could pick a scenario in which I have the bulk of attacking duties to lessen the impact on you.

I understand if you do not want to play with it on.

Let me know.

Thanx!

Hawk

< Message edited by Hawk Kriegsman -- 12/22/2011 3:02:22 PM >

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 35
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/22/2011 3:03:41 PM   
marcbarker

ready to roll with ext assault.....alrighty then......i hope that my strategy will not fail me now....lol

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

Post #: 36
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/22/2011 3:22:18 PM   
Hawk Kriegsman

Cool I look forward to it.

Thanx!

Hawk

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 37
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/22/2011 7:37:50 PM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ashcloud

Hi Deputy,

It is a shame, but each to their own (I guess some people play Battlefield only against bots too).

As for The Blitz, you have never met a nicer, friendlier bunch of people anywhere. Most of them play with honor and treat each other with respect. Should you get a reputation within the club as a cheat I am sure your opponents will dry up pretty soon. The club has the best CS players in the world and a more knowledgeable group of people about the 2nd World War and CS will be hard to find. Exclude yourself from them at your own loss. Go well.

Regards,
Ashley

Thanks Ash. BTW...I was NOT the original person who brought up the cheating issue at the Matrix forum or Blitz forum. And the person who told me about it has been pretty straightforward about the situation on here and at the Blitz. Cheating doesn't matter to me because I don't play against humans. Although I have to admit I find the AI suspect some times when he doesn't move a unit for multiple turns and the one turn I target it with artillery it suddenly decides to move. Feels like Mr. AI is looking over my shoulder or can see things he shouldn't be able to see.

< Message edited by Deputy -- 12/22/2011 7:40:26 PM >

Squad Battles
John Tiller's Campaign Series

(in reply to Ashcloud)
Post #: 38
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/22/2011 8:59:11 PM   
Ashcloud

Hi Deputy,

No problem. Know what you mean with the AI cheating, always seems to know where to place arty or where to move to avoid arty.

Have a good safe Christmas.

Regards,
Ashley

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 39
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/22/2011 10:12:08 PM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ashcloud

Hi Deputy,

No problem. Know what you mean with the AI cheating, always seems to know where to place arty or where to move to avoid arty.

Have a good safe Christmas.

Regards,
Ashley

Same back atcha Ash. And thanks for the invite.

Squad Battles

(in reply to Ashcloud)
Post #: 40
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/22/2011 11:15:04 PM   
MrRoadrunner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deputy
BTW...I was NOT the original person who brought up the cheating issue at the Matrix forum or Blitz forum. And the person who told me about it has been pretty straightforward about the situation on here and at the Blitz.

In spite of being told that there was no cheating you still bring it up?
It's a myth, a canard, and a lie that only a lowlife with a chip on his shoulder, an agenda, or lack of brain cells, could still bring it up as part of an argument? Or, a cover up for a lack of an argument?

Please name your source. It would be fun to know. For both here and there.

That about sums up my feelings on the subject.

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 41
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/23/2011 12:29:07 AM   
V22 Osprey

This thread is an example why I stopped posting on this forum.

Only on Matrix could a harmless, innocent poll put by the developer to help us, the CS players, have a better game turn in a all deathmatch about AI vs Human play and the Blitz.

I tried the blitz, and here's my two cents:

My problem is with the ladder. Wargamers or not, fighting for rank, ladder points, and shiny medals creates Call of Duty style "10th Prestige" competition bullshit. These games are not difficult to cheat, and won't be obvious when your opponent sends back that file. The Blitz has had it's own share dishonorable folks and arguments, if any you guys remember that huge argument that caused the temp ban of a few members, one perma banned, one of which now hates the mods over there. I think overall the blitz is great place if you want to find PBEM opponents for our favorite wargames. However let's cut the BS and stop acting like the Blitz is most moral and perfect place on the internet which it's not.

I would like to see a wargame club that's just about finding opponenets and playing the games, and not ladder points.

AI vs Human play issue: It depends. For large campaigns PBEM is fine but my problam is that when it comes to monster games like War in the East and Pacifc:AE, I like to go and come back, complete each turn at my own pace.

Also, NOONE ever wants to live TCP/IP play. When it comes to smaller scenarios, PBEM can be a pain in the ass. Why the hell do you want to play PBEM for a 12 turn scenario? Why can't we play online?

PBEM shines on nmedium sized scenarios. However, I overall play my wargames 90% against AI. AI is most convient to play espeically for those who don't have the time for PBEM. I don't think we should outcast someone just because they don't play on the your precious "Blitz"

You guys seriously almost sound like High school kids teasing someone because they didn't go to that "be there or be squared" party or hang out/or not a part of some popular club.

< Message edited by V22 Osprey -- 12/23/2011 12:34:21 AM >

Art by rogueusmc.

(in reply to MrRoadrunner)
Post #: 42
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/23/2011 12:38:00 AM   
junk2drive

Hey there kid, I haven't seen you in a while. Hope you are well. Merry Christmas.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 43
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/23/2011 1:33:19 AM   
MrRoadrunner

quote:

ORIGINAL: V22 Osprey

My problem is with the ladder. Wargamers or not, fighting for rank, ladder points, and shiny medals creates Call of Duty style "10th Prestige" competition bullshit. These games are not difficult to cheat, and won't be obvious when your opponent sends back that file. The Blitz has had it's own share dishonorable folks and arguments, if any you guys remember that huge argument that caused the temp ban of a few members, one perma banned, one of which now hates the mods over there. I think overall the blitz is great place if you want to find PBEM opponents for our favorite wargames. However let's cut the BS and stop acting like the Blitz is most moral and perfect place on the internet which it's not.

No one, especially me, is saying The Blitz is the "moral or perfect place". There are those of us in our many years of membership that have seen little to no cheating.
Most accusations of cheating, (from when I was an officer of the club), were mostly new players being "sharked" by veteran players. Most played versus the AI and did well, thought they could beat anyone, and were rudely awakened to the fact that the AI is crap and playing against a human opponent is more difficult than they thought.
Sometimes the learning curve is a little more than just playing the way you always do.
And, as the rules state, the ladders scoring allows players (even the losers) to advance on the ladder for simply playing. Winners earn more and losers earn less. Both do not get the same "participation trophy" just for being there.

quote:

ORIGINAL: V22 OspreyI would like to see a wargame club that's just about finding opponenets and playing the games, and not ladder points.

It seems like you may be a product of the more recent generation where everyone gets a trophy for being there?
Winning and losing becomes secondary to showing up?

When you were at The Blitz were you cheated against?
Do you have proof?
Did you go to the ladder commanders with your suspicions?
Otherwise why bring it up here in support of a forum troll who is not a member of the club but wants to state everything he knows about it (which is less than very little), including a foul accusation of cheating that could destroy the reputation of a good person.

quote:

PBEM shines on nmedium sized scenarios. However, I overall play my wargames 90% against AI. AI is most convient to play espeically for those who don't have the time for PBEM. I don't think we should outcast someone just because they don't play on the your precious "Blitz"

See above comment. PBEM shines even playing smaller scenarios.
And, if you can't hack it why defend someone who won't even try. Convenient and easy seems to be interchangeable terms for you?
I play 90% PBEM. I never put a person down for playing against the AI until they tell me that PBEM stinks and AI is really great. I play against the AI in campaigns using extreme assault and putting the bar in favor of the AI. Most times I can complete a campaign scenario in half the allotted time and get bored just hitting the turn end button. Others find the AI more challenging.

Your opinion is noted.

Either way. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas.

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 44
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/23/2011 2:00:15 AM   
V22 Osprey

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrRoadrunner

quote:

No one, especially me, is saying The Blitz is the "moral or perfect place". There are those of us in our many years of membership that have seen little to no cheating.
Most accusations of cheating, (from when I was an officer of the club), were mostly new players being "sharked" by veteran players. Most played versus the AI and did well, thought they could beat anyone, and were rudely awakened to the fact that the AI is crap and playing against a human opponent is more difficult than they thought.
Sometimes the learning curve is a little more than just playing the way you always do.
And, as the rules state, the ladders scoring allows players (even the losers) to advance on the ladder for simply playing. Winners earn more and losers earn less. Both do not get the same "participation trophy" just for being there.

quote:

ORIGINAL: V22 OspreyI would like to see a wargame club that's just about finding opponenets and playing the games, and not ladder points.

It seems like you may be a product of the more recent generation where everyone gets a trophy for being there?
Winning and losing becomes secondary to showing up?

When you were at The Blitz were you cheated against?
Do you have proof?
Did you go to the ladder commanders with your suspicions?
Otherwise why bring it up here in support of a forum troll who is not a member of the club but wants to state everything he knows about it (which is less than very little), including a foul accusation of cheating that could destroy the reputation of a good person.

quote:

See above comment. PBEM shines even playing smaller scenarios.
And, if you can't hack it why defend someone who won't even try. Convenient and easy seems to be interchangeable terms for you?
I play 90% PBEM. I never put a person down for playing against the AI until they tell me that PBEM stinks and AI is really great. I play against the AI in campaigns using extreme assault and putting the bar in favor of the AI. Most times I can complete a campaign scenario in half the allotted time and get bored just hitting the turn end button. Others find the AI more challenging.

Your opinion is noted.

Either way. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas.

RR

Actually, I never switched up on my stance for PBEM. I was addressing the fact that you guys act like the Blitz is some prestigious club. I was addressing the club it self, not PBEM, THEN I separately addressed PBEM. That final sentence was a conclusion to the entire post. Sorry, you guys came across like the blitz was moral and perfect. Isn't THAT convenient that YOU switched up after I called out what happened over at the blitz, and you have certainly not denied it in this post. Also, the way you were acting during that very argument at the blitz, you have allot of nerve calling someone else a troll.

Wait, wait, wait. Last time I checked, playing wargames against our friends was NOT about winning trophies and ladder points. A tournament is a dedicated competition, but for the casual PBEM, it should just be about fun, like how you find opponents on the forums here at Matrix. If find a game on Matrix "Opponents Wanted" forum, I can focus on having fun and not about building or keeping up some prestigious reputation doesn't amount for much in the real world anyway.

I am not defending anyone, I'm just address points and calling out bullshit when I see it. Just because I agree with someone's point, doesn't necessarily mean I'm defending them.

Ok, going back to lurking. Merry Christmas to you too, nothing personal.

< Message edited by V22 Osprey -- 12/23/2011 2:09:25 AM >

Art by rogueusmc.

Post #: 45
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/23/2011 2:00:45 AM   
V22 Osprey

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

Hey there kid, I haven't seen you in a while. Hope you are well. Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas Junk!

Art by rogueusmc.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 46
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/23/2011 3:22:27 AM   
Otto von Blotto

quote:

I was addressing the fact that you guys act like the Blitz is some prestigious club. I was addressing the club it self, not PBEM, THEN I separately addressed PBEM. That final sentence was a conclusion to the entire post. Sorry, you guys came across like the blitz was moral and perfect.

Where did any of the posters that are actually part of the blitz say that is prestigious or moral and perfect? a few including myself and RR offered the times we knew things were not either morally right or perfect. but having wild rumors of cheating banded around by non-members or ex members with an axe to grind or hearsay is just a slur and I would say defines trolling.

It is of course the playing that matters to me and I would hazard to say for most of the club that I have encountered, it is true and not the winning or ladder points that matter. I can't speak for all but 99% of the ones I have played I would happily play again even in a game that I knew was weighted in their favor and I'm pretty sure they would do the same if I suggested a game weighted in mine.

I also play against people not in the club, if you ever fancy a game just say. It's more a point of finding dedicated opponents who won't bale out mid game that I joined not to get anywhere on there ladder believe me I am many many thousands of points off that and I have very few medals.:-)

quote:

I am not defending anyone, I'm just address points and calling out bullshit when I see it. Just because I agree with someone's point, doesn't necessarily mean I'm defending them.

Bullshit I would agree there is a lot of it being spread about at the moment.

quote:

Same here have a good one and all the best.

< Message edited by Otto von Blotto -- 12/23/2011 3:41:33 AM >

"Personal isn't the same as important"

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 47
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/23/2011 10:34:35 AM   
marcbarker

Osprey, How you iz? Anytime you want to fire up a H2H ready, willing and able. Personally i like the monster scenarios. 8 - 10 complexity. Al this poll was for was to define more on the scope of what I need to do in a project I am working on and stated this several times. I recently have started PBEM and so far so good. I have a few games running currently and had only one issue maybe you can help. 5 games back and forth no prob ef,wf and rs all latest updates. started another and emailed to opponent. opponent sends it back, get the black screen initially no replay. download again did rplay and get an error. We then decided to have the opponent created the scenario and I get the same error black screen and etc. Any Ideas?

Hawk By the way I have been working 14 hour days and have 1.25 hour commute (one way) so i got home late last evening to find a scenario, sorry.

Marc

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to Otto von Blotto)
Post #: 48
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/23/2011 10:50:06 AM   
MrRoadrunner

quote:

Bovine excreta? You have plenty!

Except for the lurking comment. Which seems absolute truth here?

Merry Christmas!

RR

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 49
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/23/2011 3:41:00 PM   
Deputy

V22 Osprey: On behalf of those playing against the the AI and enjoying it, thank you. I hope you continue to post here. It's nice to hear a voice of reason speak out besides Barker. You can see what happens when you post anything that goes against "established thought" (or lack thereof). I have solved that situation by using the little green button on each person that behaves in their unique way. It works remarkably well. Unfortunately, you still see their silliness when you get post notificastions. But thay are always good for a laugh. Replying to them just encourages them. And they all belong to the "get the last word in" club. As to the the accused cheater in this thread...I am reminded of Shakespeare..."The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

< Message edited by Deputy -- 12/23/2011 3:43:50 PM >

Squad Battles

Post #: 50
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/23/2011 3:46:01 PM   
marcbarker

or the the one i always took a shine to, "smeller is the feller"

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 51
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/23/2011 3:49:00 PM   
marcbarker

wait no the best one, "what the heck was that.......dang did not know those wings had a pig attached."

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 52
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/23/2011 3:49:05 PM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: barker

or the the one i always took a shine to, "smeller is the feller"

HA! Good one!!

Squad Battles

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 53
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 1/11/2012 12:48:49 AM   
MrRoadrunner

Bump this poll up!

RR

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 54
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: MCS UPDATE Poll Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI