Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Not able to issue commands

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> Tech Support >> Not able to issue commands Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Not able to issue commands - 12/26/2011 11:42:19 PM   
buddylind

I have downloaded and istalled Watch on Rihne version 4.50.14. I have a strange situation where my units will not respond to any commands that I issue after clicking on the begin button. I right click, sellect a commnad like move or fire but nothing happens. They do react if attacked but they ignore all orders that I give. I have an old copy of A Bridge Too Far and it works just fine. I guess I'm doing something wrong but I haven't been able to find out what. Any ideas? Thanks.

Buddy
Post #: 1
RE: Not able to issue commands - 12/27/2011 3:10:05 AM   
Andrew Williams

Mutiny?

(in reply to buddylind)
Post #: 2
RE: Not able to issue commands - 12/27/2011 4:06:41 AM   
SteveMcClaire

Hi Buddy,

When you right click a unit I assume you are seeing the popup menu with all the commands on it, and you are left-clicking the command you want to use? If you do this for anything other than defend or ambush you should get a targeting or movement line stretching from the unit to your mouse cursor, which you can use to designate the target / destination for the command (using another left-click).

Note that if you right-click while the popup menu is up, you cancel the command and close the menu. So this could explain what you're seeing. Be sure to left-click once the menu is up.

Steve

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 3
RE: Not able to issue commands - 12/27/2011 11:47:26 PM   
buddylind

Well, this is embarrassing. Now everything is working fine. Don't know what was going on, except maybe too much eggnog. Thanks to everyone who responded!

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> Tech Support >> Not able to issue commands Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI