Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 11/9/2002 11:27:23 AM   
Von Rom

[QUOTE]Originally posted by David Heath
[B]Hi Guys

For those guys losing connection its because of the phone lines. But let it not be said that Matrix does not love its fans. I had a little nap and will be making a quick mini install. It will have just the must have files.

David [/B][/QUOTE]

They actually allow you to sleep? :D

Really above and beyond. . .

Where would we ever get such personal support like this?

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 31
- 11/9/2002 1:20:48 PM   
David Heath

OK Guys

For those with the modems you will now find the in our Download section a link for Uncommon Valor v2.0 Enjoy! The file is the same size as with the True Update program. When I went over the files I saw that we really needed everything.

http://www.matrixgames.com/insidemg/modules.php?name=Downloads

David

Post #: 32
Second time a charm. - 11/9/2002 2:17:32 PM   
tanjman

Well I just finished downloading the patch using True update(with my antique 56k modem) and it worked this time. First time ever for me.

David, I'm sure the other unfortunate ones will appreciate you posting the link to the patch. For me it was not the size of the file but that if True Update terminated part way through the download I would have to start from scratch. Unlike when I use GetRight which allows me to resume interupted downloads.

BTW I jut noted that I can now assign pilots leader # in the editor! You wonderful guys forgot to put this fix on the list of changes. ;) And here I was thiking I would have to wait till who knows when. Well thats what I get for thinking. :D

Now to go check out the other patch goodies, after I get some sleep.

Gunner's Mate: A Boatswain's Mate with a hunting license.

Post #: 33
- 11/9/2002 6:52:06 PM   
Howard Mitchell

Hmmm...

I can't update using Trueupdate, it keels over with 'Error downloading file. (#99, Line 2)' after downloading 20 Mb each time. I'm using a 56k Modem, I don't have the option of anything faster here unfortunately due to our marvellous telecommunications system.

But I can't get the patch through the link above either, all the patches there, not just 2.0, give me 'The Page Cannot Be Displayed'. Anyone any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong before I go and drown myself?

:( :( :(

Post #: 34
- 11/9/2002 7:41:02 PM   
Deathifier

Hmm, I clicked the link and getright fired up, said that anonymous FTP access was not allowed (it handles the redirection quite well obviously!)...

Just clicking the link from IE gives me an error page with:
"Cannot find server or DNS error"

Pointing at:
ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/UncommonValor/UVPatchv20.zip

The server does exist, so I'm betting that it just couldn't login and IE turns that into the above error (it's FTP handling has always been terrible).

Seems like some configuration error to me :/

- Deathifier
[I actually don't have this game yet, but after spending 3 hours reading IChristie's AAR and checking it out I think I'll be ordering it Monday ;)]

Post #: 35
- 11/9/2002 7:45:00 PM   
Ross Moorhouse

Could also be the number of people doing d/l is causing this error.

Ross Moorhouse

Project Manager
www.csosimtek.com
Email: rossm@csogroup.org

Post #: 36
- 11/9/2002 8:55:04 PM   
Skyfire7631

Hmm, I think there's indeed a problem : this morning, I effectively had some "too many users" messages, but this time, when I try to resume the download, the message is "no anonymous access allowed" :confused:

Regards.

Post #: 37
Cool! I like the new sounds - 11/9/2002 9:30:07 PM   
mariovalleemtl

I like the new sounds !

mario

Attachment (1)

Post #: 38
- 11/10/2002 12:55:21 AM   
Marc von Martial

[QUOTE]....give me 'The Page Cannot Be Displayed'. Anyone any ideas ... [/QUOTE]

That means literally that the FTP is to busy to handle your request. Too many people downloading thr same time, you just have to try later again.

Post #: 39
2.0 won't download - 11/10/2002 2:25:52 AM   
zman

I have now been unsuccessful in 11 attempts to download the new patch. The same message from true update occurs whether or not I begin the process from the True update folder in the home directory or from the update screen from the opening game menu. The message occurs approx. 6 mb into the download. [B]FTP error: line 19 file #2 not found[/B]
I then tried switching to the zipped file which was posted. I downloaded the zip file for the patch 4 times (approx 7mb zipped) and encountered a different problem. WinZip says the following:
[B]Winzip cannot open because it doesn't appear to be a valid archive file.Download again.[/B]
This merely placers me into an inescapable loop- download-cant' open-download again--repeat. I felt like someone wwho was handed the old two sided business card that says "how do you keep an idiot busy (turn over) on each side.
If this keeps occuring, can I just buy a v2.0 cd? Help!

Post #: 40
For those really stuck - 11/10/2002 4:23:29 AM   
bilbow

I may regret this, but I would be willing to burn the patch (only the patch) on a cd and mail them for anyone really stuck. I think of it as a way to meet new gamers. Always a good thing.

I have broadband, so I was able to download and update in 7 minutes flat, no issues at all. Maybe I feel a little guilty.

e-mail is [email]bbowen@insight.rr.com[/email]. I'm in the Columbus OH area.

Bill

Post #: 41
- 11/10/2002 7:13:31 AM   
jrcar

Just told me no anonymous users allowed :( I'll try again later.

Cheers

Rob

Post #: 42
- 11/10/2002 8:14:52 AM   
David Heath

Hi Guys

The problem is simple the demand for the new patch is very high... so if you can't get on just wait a few hours and try again.

David

Post #: 43
- 11/10/2002 9:55:28 AM   
Deathifier

The high load may also be causing the updater to fail with those 'file not found' errors since it appears they are individual files, and each file requires a new request...

For those getting the errors, try getting the file on the downloads section - just set your download manager to wait a couple of minutes between attempts.

Good luck!
- Deathifier

Post #: 44
- 11/11/2002 3:36:40 PM   
frank1970

" 530 Sorry,no ANONYMOUS access allowed!"

Oh man, I hate this message!
Shouted my name several times to the machine, but still doesn´t know me! ;)

If you like what I said love me,if you dislike what I say ignore me!

"Extra Bavaria non est vita! Et sic est vita non est ita!"

Post #: 45
TrueUpdate.exe not found - 11/12/2002 3:33:21 PM   
PRchrdsn

An earlier post in this thread mentioned that the TrueUpdate function no longer worked AFTER applying the v2.0 update. I have found this to be true for me also. It appears that the patch couldn't replace start.exe while executing, so it said to choose cancel to replace on next reboot. start.exe is the app with the TrueUpdate link, and it appears that the new app has the TrueUpdate link associated with a file called TrueUpdate.exe, which is nowhere to be found on my hard drive. The actual program was updated to version 2.00 and appears to run fine, but what's up with TrueUpdate?

I found a program in the installation folder (default) that is called Update_UV.exe. This program is the updater, at least the one that I have been familiar with when choosing TrueUpdater from the Game Menu. It works in conjunction with the Settings.ini file to determine which is the latest installation. The Settings.ini file was not updated by the installation of v2.00. If I manually edit the settings.ini file, then it acts okay, but I suspect that the TrueUpdate.exe file is supposed to check the registry to determine the currently installed version. I suspect that the patch either did not contain the TrueUpdate.exe file, or that it failed to install it. Any answers to this?

Post #: 46
Drivers, BIOS, and bugs - 11/13/2002 2:04:43 AM   
Admiral DadMan

One important point (that was brought up a long time back) is to go make sure that your device drivers and BIOS versions are all up to date.

I had been having some perfomance issues (before 2.0 and after) unrelated to save games.

Last night, while cooking dinner and returning my moves to Mogami (get your rabbit's foot out buddy :) ), my laptop threw up on itself, forcing me to reinstall drivers and the like (hey, it wasn't the food! How do you screw up Tombstone and DJourno pizza!?!?) .

For the heck of it, I checked the BIOS and found an upgrade, and applied it as well.

Perfomance is much improved so far, including the new save game compression routine.

[U][B][SIZE=3]UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS AND BIOS![/SIZE][/B][/U]

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

Post #: 47
Question to Matrix - 11/15/2002 2:23:48 PM   
frank1970

Gentlemen,
are you really sure, this server works?

I tried to download the file for about 100 times now, at different times, from 7:00 CET to 15:00 CET, and everytime I get the "no anonymous access message". Quite disturbing!

Post #: 48
BIOS? - 11/17/2002 2:46:53 AM   
jive1

Mr DadMan How do you check the BIOS? I know how to update the video drivers but not the BIOS.
Thanks, Chris

So drink to the Black Cat PBY, damnedest old plane in all God's sky,
BB-gun for'd and a slingshot aft, Hundred twenty knots when in a forced draft.

Post #: 49
Re: BIOS? - 11/17/2002 3:27:12 AM   
Admiral DadMan

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jive1
[B]Mr DadMan How do you check the BIOS? I know how to update the video drivers but not the BIOS.
Thanks, Chris [/B][/QUOTE]Go to the site of your computer manufacturer (HP/Compaq, Toshiba, etc.) and look in the support or downloads section. If there is a BIOS available that is dated within 6 months of when you bought your system, I'd download it and follow the instructions. That's what I did.

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

Post #: 50
- 11/18/2002 3:34:51 PM   
frank1970

Finally I got the file!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Post #: 51
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI