Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

no attrition losses shown

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> no attrition losses shown Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
no attrition losses shown - 7/29/2011 1:17:02 AM   
wpurdom

I hit a turn (in 2/42) where for the first time, the initial losses screen shows no losses. (Should be about 70K from past turns).

Is this something you (Pavel) want to see? If so, just the file after the German/AI turn or before the AI moves to see if you can duplicate this condition of no apparent losses being generated?
Post #: 1
RE: no attrition losses shown - 7/29/2011 1:17:59 PM   
Helpless

If you could describe it better what is wrong (may be screenshot)? I will take a look at it, once I got back on Sunday or Monday. Thanks

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to wpurdom)
Post #: 2
RE: no attrition losses shown - 7/29/2011 5:52:02 PM   
wpurdom

I made a screenshot which is now in a pdf file, but I can't seem to attach that file or embed the screenshot in the post.

At the beginning of Soviet turn 33, a typical turn the current turn losses under permanent losses are: Axis 453/4/0, Soviet 64708/276/81, with 48 trucks in combat.
On the losses screen at the beginning of Soviet turn 34, the corresponding figures are: Axis 0/0/0, Soviet 0/0/0 with 0 trucks lost in combat. Similar for air losses.

Upon further investigation by me, I'm not sure that the problem is worth investigating by you. Although, the save game I manually made after the no losses screen still shows no losses, the automatic save made by the game at the beginning of the turn shows normal losses.

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 3
RE: no attrition losses shown - 7/29/2011 7:30:31 PM   
larryfulkerson

I've noticed this too.  I'm playing against the Axis AI and as the Soviet player I'm presented with the ground losses screen at the beginning of my turn and there are maybe a handful of Axis losses and over 100K Soviet losses and it's obviously wrong so I've been ignoring it.  The Air Losses look like they are accurate however.

(in reply to wpurdom)
Post #: 4
RE: no attrition losses shown - 1/10/2012 2:23:36 AM   
koiosworks

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helpless

If you could describe it better what is wrong (may be screenshot)? I will take a look at it, once I got back on Sunday or Monday. Thanks

Here is a screenshot of the problem. this is the screen i see after the german AI turn (i'm playing SU - AI level set to challenging)

Has been like this all game. SU shows about 1% attrition (there were no german attacks, a mud turn). But German shows 0 attrition.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 5
RE: no attrition losses shown - 1/10/2012 5:25:48 AM   
Joel Billings

You never see your opponents front line attrition losses, only losses that happened during the actual movement/combat phase. This is because current turn losses are zeroed out immediately after viewing the loss screen after the logistics phase report, thus your opponents attrition is always zeroed out before your turn. The results you see at the start of your turn are your attrition plus both sides losses in your opponent's movement phase. This is confusing and I know it's come up a number of times. You can use changes in total permanent losses to get a sense of your opponent's attrition losses.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to koiosworks)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> no attrition losses shown Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI