Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Motherland help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Motherland help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Motherland help - 1/13/2001 11:45:00 PM   
B52g

I finally got around to playing the motherland campaign. I was mopping the floor with the Germans using my KV-1'S ( A bunch of those and some infantry, and there isnt much the Germans can do about it) and I was having a good old time, until..... I played the battle where you raid the ammo dump with the cossaks. Either I dont understand the objective or something is wrong. The battle says 18 turns, but as soon as I take everything, the computer stops and declares a draw before I can retreat. (If thats what I am supposed to do) Has anybody gotten around this and gotten a decisive victory? I have played this thing about five times, never lost a man, and keep getting draws. Advice would be appreciated.

John
Post #: 1
- 1/15/2001 11:23:00 AM   
B52g

Bump

John

(in reply to B52g)
Post #: 2
- 1/15/2001 11:30:00 AM   
Tankhead

Hello B52g! It's been a while since I played this one but if I recall you leave one objective retreat most of you force than grab the objective. You don't want to grab all of them before most of your forces have retreated. I remember while I was testing this campaign for Wild Bill it took me a few try's to get it right. I hope this helps you out. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://members.tripod.com/tankhead__1

Tankhead

(in reply to B52g)
Post #: 3
- 1/15/2001 6:34:00 PM   
B52g

Thanks Tankhead! I will have to try that. I should have played it a while ago, but there is soo much new stuff comming from you guys I cant keep up anymore ( If I want to stay married, that is) Thanks!

John

(in reply to B52g)
Post #: 4
- 1/15/2001 9:36:00 PM   
Grimm

I too really thought I did well only to get a draw. Where did it say you have to retreat and where do you retreat to?

Its what you do
and not what you say
If you're not part of the future
then get out of the way

(in reply to B52g)
Post #: 5
- 1/15/2001 10:02:00 PM   
hhsohn

I think there was one V-hex that can be retaken in the back. I think if you leave that alone until most of your units retreat off the map, I think it'll be okay.

(in reply to B52g)
Post #: 6
- 1/16/2001 3:30:00 AM   
rexmonday

Personally I don't think I managed to raid all the hexes successfully - IIRC I hit the buildings with bombardments which shook out some of the units, who then rallied and grabbed a hex for the Germans...

(in reply to B52g)
Post #: 7
- 1/18/2001 3:02:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Sorry B-52, I missed this one. Grab as many objectives as you can, but leave the farthest for the enemy. You can afford to lose one. Begin planning and executing your exit as soon as you can, moving units little by little out of harm's way. That should keep it going to the end and give you better results. Time as well as objectives is a big factor here. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to B52g)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Motherland help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI