Motherland help (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

B52g -> Motherland help (1/13/2001 11:45:00 PM)

I finally got around to playing the motherland campaign. I was mopping the floor with the Germans using my KV-1'S ( A bunch of those and some infantry, and there isnt much the Germans can do about it) and I was having a good old time, until..... I played the battle where you raid the ammo dump with the cossaks. Either I dont understand the objective or something is wrong. The battle says 18 turns, but as soon as I take everything, the computer stops and declares a draw before I can retreat. (If thats what I am supposed to do) Has anybody gotten around this and gotten a decisive victory? I have played this thing about five times, never lost a man, and keep getting draws. Advice would be appreciated.

B52g -> (1/15/2001 11:23:00 AM)

Bump

Tankhead -> (1/15/2001 11:30:00 AM)

Hello B52g! It's been a while since I played this one but if I recall you leave one objective retreat most of you force than grab the objective. You don't want to grab all of them before most of your forces have retreated. I remember while I was testing this campaign for Wild Bill it took me a few try's to get it right. [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] I hope this helps you out. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://members.tripod.com/tankhead__1

B52g -> (1/15/2001 6:34:00 PM)

Thanks Tankhead! I will have to try that. I should have played it a while ago, but there is soo much new stuff comming from you guys I cant keep up anymore ( If I want to stay married, that is) Thanks!

Grimm -> (1/15/2001 9:36:00 PM)

I too really thought I did well only to get a draw. Where did it say you have to retreat and where do you retreat to?

hhsohn -> (1/15/2001 10:02:00 PM)

I think there was one V-hex that can be retaken in the back. I think if you leave that alone until most of your units retreat off the map, I think it'll be okay.

rexmonday -> (1/16/2001 3:30:00 AM)

Personally I don't think I managed to raid all the hexes successfully - IIRC I hit the buildings with bombardments which shook out some of the units, who then rallied and grabbed a hex for the Germans...

Wild Bill -> (1/18/2001 3:02:00 AM)

Sorry B-52, I missed this one. Grab as many objectives as you can, but leave the farthest for the enemy. You can afford to lose one. Begin planning and executing your exit as soon as you can, moving units little by little out of harm's way. That should keep it going to the end and give you better results. Time as well as objectives is a big factor here. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI