Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Creating OOB

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Scenario Design and Editing >> Creating OOB Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Creating OOB - 6/16/2005 8:59:23 PM   
Monkie

Just started playing Flashpoint Germany and I see a lot of potential in it. I have a question regarding the scenario editor. I see that we can select OOB's from 1)Force Database 2)Prebuilt scenarios 3)Saved Games or 4)CSV files. I would like to create my own formation and then add it to the Force Database... for example I'd like to create a National Guard Heavy Tank Battalion and save it to the force database as such. Is there a way of doing this? Right now I have been using Prebuilt Scenarios to accomplish this.

JC
Post #: 1
RE: Creating OOB - 6/16/2005 10:26:39 PM   
CapnDarwin

Monkie,

The fast answer is yes you can. The problem is that there is no real documentation on how to add/modify what appears in the selection screens as you go though the editor. I have been slowly overhauling the layouts in both the NATO.csv and WP.csv files over the past couple updates. That is why the West german entries look radically different from the US/UK and now in 103 there has been some work in the WP listing as well. The database files at the moment do not have an editor. From what I understand there is a plan down the road to include one so new weapons, platforms, and units can be added to the game. If your National Guard unit is made up of existing game hardware (M1's) you'll be able to add to the CSV file using the existing unit tags and structure to add the formation into the selection box for NATO. It is a bit of work to understand it all. If you have a breakdown of the structure, post it and I'll see if I can get it in the CSV file for the patch. I'll need it tonight to have a shot. I could always do it and send it to you as long as no new platforms are involved (like M60's/M48's). Granted these items show in the listings but have no graphics or unit formations in the database to be in the game. More items are getting added all the time though. This is a bit long winded but I hope it makes some sense.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Monkie)
Post #: 2
RE: Creating OOB - 6/17/2005 4:42:36 AM   
Monkie

Thanks for the quick reply. The OOB I was thinking of would indeed have M60's so I'll just continue using the scenarios to save the formations for now. Basically I've used the basic formations and made simple Platform substitutions saving them in blank scenarios for now, not a huge deal.

JC

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Creating OOB - 6/17/2005 5:29:41 AM   
CapnDarwin

I'm slowly working to add more platforms and formations into the game. In some cases it is just a matter of changing the CSV files. In other it requires database edits and new artwork put into files. The M60 being the latter case. I just did an overhaul to the WP info for 103 and now I'm drifting back into the NATO OOB to work on things. I've got a few other things going too with playtesting and hounding Rob about game ideas and bug fixes. There is alot more planned down the road for this series so hang in there.

(in reply to Monkie)
Post #: 4
RE: Creating OOB - 6/17/2005 8:03:43 PM   
Monkie

No problem, there is plenty of time to build on the game. I have always been a fan of the M60's. Thanks.

JC

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 5
RE: Creating OOB - 1/13/2012 2:54:52 AM   
Hoyt Burrass

Are database edits possible??...I'd like to add a soviet divisional recon bn...but If I understand things correctly the smallest soviet tank formation that can be added (not HQ) is a tank company of 10 tanks...It would be nice to have tank platoons of three tanks as a unit

Roll Tide

(in reply to Monkie)
Post #: 6
RE: Creating OOB - 1/14/2012 2:18:57 AM   
CapnDarwin

Assuming you are looking to modify a scenario, the best way to do anything is to export the scenario to a CSV file. Open the file in Excel (or equal) and then edit the scenario from there. Making a Soviet company is just a matter of setting the size tag to Platoon and just giving it 3 subunits in place of ten. Use the other entries as a guide and also look at other scenarios to see the force mix and values used. Editing the data files requires having the right database editing software and a bottle of migrane meds.

Hopefully that sheds a bit of light. If I can get FPG to run again I'll see what else I can look up.

(in reply to Hoyt Burrass)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Scenario Design and Editing >> Creating OOB Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI