Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pilot training (my FAQ)...am I right?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Pilot training (my FAQ)...am I right? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pilot training (my FAQ)...am I right? - 1/23/2012 8:10:59 PM   
frankycee

Here's a quick recap of what I do...

I've sent some pilots to TRACOM in the early game...

I check my groups in China and Japan (the restricted ones that train my pilots...)

The ones that have about 70 in their primary skill go to general reserve (not group)

After that I put in new pilots from the replacement pool (for a training unit)...

If I want to get a new pilot for a front-line unit , i click got a 60,70 or 80+ pilot from reserve...

That OK? I shouldnt click get pilot from 'any' for a frontline unit right?
Post #: 1
RE: Pilot training (my FAQ)...am I right? - 1/23/2012 11:49:40 PM   
kbfchicago

I am never sure and have found cases where the computer definitely did not pick the optimum guy with a "60, 70, or 80+" skill from reserve (production, not beta patch) as I believe it pulls the nearest (soonest) available pilot in addition to a skill check.  To be sure I generally select individual pilots from the reserve group roster.  Note that for some reason that does seem to increase their arrival times (even when listed as "1" delay).

I never use "any".  Either its a selected "Reserve" guy or a "Replacement" guy...

(in reply to frankycee)
Post #: 2
RE: Pilot training (my FAQ)...am I right? - 1/24/2012 6:15:01 AM   
rader

Yeah, for frontline units, I've always picked the pilots manually with 'request veteran'. Otherwise, you never know what kind of idiot you're going to get...

(in reply to kbfchicago)
Post #: 3
RE: Pilot training (my FAQ)...am I right? - 1/24/2012 8:00:24 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: kbfchicago

I am never sure and have found cases where the computer definitely did not pick the optimum guy with a "60, 70, or 80+" skill from reserve (production, not beta patch) as I believe it pulls the nearest (soonest) available pilot in addition to a skill check.  To be sure I generally select individual pilots from the reserve group roster.  Note that for some reason that does seem to increase their arrival times (even when listed as "1" delay).

I never use "any".  Either its a selected "Reserve" guy or a "Replacement" guy...

I think the "delay" you see in the pilot reserve list is the delay it takes the pilot to arrive in the pool, not at his new squadron when you pull him out. That is the delay you see in the pilot list of the squadron you pulled him to.

(in reply to kbfchicago)
Post #: 4
RE: Pilot training (my FAQ)...am I right? - 1/24/2012 9:17:12 PM   
Nemo121

Hmm, I use the "Draw most Experienced/Highest Skill" pilot button all the time to draw pilots into front-line squadrons and find no problems with it.

For fighter squadrons I just click on the AIR skill to sort by AIR skill, highest to lowest and then pull pilots out in batches of 10 till I have as many as I need. It works flawlessly for me. I graduate guys at 70 A2A Skill and when I've checked units I've never pulled anyone except the 70 A2A Skill guys. Sometimes what happens is that a pilot might have high skill in two different areas. e.g. Naval Bombing and Naval Torpedo and in those situations he might be pulled because he's next in line on Naval Bombing skill, even though you might have been saving him for a torpedo squadron.

So, it is WAD but needs a little care to avoid unanticipated consequences.

John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Pilot training (my FAQ)...am I right? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI