Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Do you have the time?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Do you have the time? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/27/2012 11:18:33 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

warspite1 it is time for a glass of Peanut Brittle Smoothie-at precisely 17:14:22:21:20 BEEP BEEP BEEP
Warspite1

Maybe in your neck of the woods it is - but over here its time for a jolly nice cup of tea spiffing what?.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 31
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/27/2012 11:20:20 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

warspite1 it is time for a glass of Peanut Brittle Smoothie-at precisely 17:14:22:21:20 BEEP BEEP BEEP
Warspite1

Maybe in your neck of the woods it is - but over here its time for a jolly nice cup of tea spiffing what?.

quote:

spiffing

Sure, if you "SPIFF" it up with....wait...wait...insert two words here________ _______(hint-it rhymes with Peanut Brittle)!

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 32
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/27/2012 11:21:50 PM   
parusski

I will give away a special prize if anyone can tell me what time Peanut Brittle is typically eaten in Nauru.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 33
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/27/2012 11:26:05 PM   
warspite1

quote:

I will give away a special prize if anyone can tell me what time Peanut Brittle is typically eaten in Nauru.
Warspite1

I know this!!!

Its snack time. BTW isn't Nauru the smallest country in the world or something like that?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 34
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/27/2012 11:29:29 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Tea time is actually the only time that counts.

Edit: I'll spiff up the tea with warm water.

< Message edited by Orm -- 1/27/2012 11:30:24 PM >

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 35
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/27/2012 11:31:47 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

And what time is tea time in Swedensville?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 36
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/27/2012 11:36:30 PM   
Orm

quote:

Tea time, of course.

I would take it with Peanut Brittle but, alas, we Swedes are are so barbaric that we do not have any.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 37
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/27/2012 11:40:10 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Tea time, of course.

I would take it with Peanut Brittle but, alas, we Swedes are are so barbaric that we do not have any.
Warspite1

Serious point for a second. Does anyone know what Peanut Brittle is? Is it real? Has anyone actually tasted it if it is?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 38
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/27/2012 11:46:09 PM   
Orm

quote:

Serious point for a second. Does anyone know what Peanut Brittle is? Is it real? Has anyone actually tasted it if it is?

Never heard of it before. I had to look it up on wikipedia. Sounds tasty.

I find it funny that the wiki page points out that Peanut Brittle was "Not created in Bakersfield".

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 39
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/27/2012 11:48:17 PM   
Orm

And now it is time for me to sip on my freshly brewed cup of tea. And watch something on TV.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 40
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/27/2012 11:51:06 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

I find it funny that the wiki page points out that Peanut Brittle was "Not created in Bakersfield".
Warspite1

Interesting...I'll check out what Ambroses' take on the Bakersfield situation is.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 41
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/27/2012 11:52:43 PM   
warspite1

quote:

And now it is time for me to sip on my freshly brewed cup of tea. And watch something on TV.
Warspite1

Great minds think alike - I've just made one too; in my nice big Brother Bear mug - luvverly!!

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 42
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 12:00:39 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Interesting...I'll check out what Ambroses' take on the Bakersfield situation is.
Warspite1

Okay I've checked it out - From Ambroses' The Peanut Brittle Conundrum, Chapter 3 - Was Peanut Brittle created in Bakersfield? Ambrose states:

No Warspite1 you moron, a) Steiner has already told you it was an Egyptian Pharoah and b) You are in the wrong thread - you should be discussing this in the Happy National Peanut Brittle Day thread.

Sounds conclusive to me.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 43
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 12:46:25 AM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

I know this!!!

Its snack time. BTW isn't Nauru the smallest country in the world or something like that?

Very good warspite1, correct on both answers. But you forgot to put your answer in time format. Sorry, no prize.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 44
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 12:47:24 AM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Instead of warm water use "fried water", tastes much better. Soupy Twist.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 45
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 12:49:12 AM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

Tea time, of course.

Well you have none now, but during the 3rd century A.D. Peanut Brittle was the official time telling device of Swedensville. Not sure how it worked, but I am SURE warspite1 can tell u.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 46
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 12:50:38 AM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

It's real. It is soon to be the new, official, currency of World of Warcraft.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 47
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 12:51:41 AM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

Okay I've checked it out - From Ambroses' The Peanut Brittle Conundrum, Chapter 3 - Was Peanut Brittle created in Bakersfield? Ambrose states:

No Warspite1 you moron, a) Steiner has already told you it was an Egyptian Pharoah and b) You are in the wrong thread - you should be discussing this in the Happy National Peanut Brittle Day thread.

Sounds conclusive to me.

warspite1 stumbles--AT LAST.

Get on the correct thread.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 48
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 3:39:46 AM   
planner 3

To tell time using Peanut Brittle: First you need a minimum 4oz of fresh Peanut Brittle, a 12 " piece of Linen Cord, when you have these, conect the cord to the Peanut Brittle with at least 9" of cord free. Attach the cord to a West facing branch, identified by the setting sun and verified by the rising sun. At exactly 12 noon the string will cast no shadow. That will be exzctly 12 noon. Now you can eat a lunch of Peanut Brittle.

"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 49
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 3:42:45 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: planner 3

To tell time using Peanut Brittle: First you need a minimum 4oz of fresh Peanut Brittle, a 12 " piece of Linen Cord, when you have these, conect the cord to the Peanut Brittle with at least 9" of cord free. Attach the cord to a West facing branch, identified by the setting sun and verified by the rising sun. At exactly 12 noon the string will cast no shadow. That will be exzctly 12 noon. Now you can eat a lunch of Peanut Brittle.

Another LOL. And another winner for an entertaining post. Your prize-ONE POUND of Brazilian Peanut Brittle. Email warspite1 with your contact information.

(in reply to planner 3)
Post #: 50
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 3:49:47 AM   
planner 3

parusski: Sorry can't pass that info to Warspite. The company I work for desires I remain any mouse under the penalty of revealing my whereabouts to the Brittle Clan. That bunch has a real sticky network, and don't forget they are also real nutty.

< Message edited by planner 3 -- 1/28/2012 3:50:20 AM >

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 51
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 3:52:14 AM   
parusski

quote:

parusski: Sorry can't pass that info to Warspite. The company I work for desires I remain any mouse under the penalty of revealing my whereabouts to the Brittle Clan. That bunch has a real sticky network, and don't forget they are also real nutty.

3XLOL.

(in reply to planner 3)
Post #: 52
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 6:18:57 AM   
planner 3

Now for a Serious Moment......since I have lived almost 8 decades and I have forgotten quite a bit, buy in the back of this old mind and its gray memory banks, I vauguely remember that there was a song dedicated to Peanut Brittle,,,,,This is not a drill... woops correction ....not a joke.

< Message edited by planner 3 -- 1/28/2012 6:21:02 AM >

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 53
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 6:29:11 AM   
warspite1

quote:

Warspite1

Very wise planner3. Steiner had no right to ask you to divulge your address details. He of all people should know that the Brittle Clan are evil, pure unadulterated evil. And as for tempting you with one pound of Brazilian Peanut Brittle? Well that was simply irresponsible. Brazilian PB is the strongest version of PB and if you don't know what you are doing can pack a real - and deadly - punch. From Ambroses' The Human Cost of Peanut Brittle: Chapter 7 - The Deadly Roll of Honour - these are some of the famous people believe to have dropped off this mortal coil courtesy of Brazilian PB:

- Jimi Hendrix
- J Edgar Hoover
- Elvis Presley (although Ambrose makes the case for the very real possibility that he is not dead; he is still alive and well running a peanut farm just outside Rio de Janeiro)
- Stalin
- Amy Winehouse

(in reply to planner 3)
Post #: 54
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 6:34:51 AM   
Orm

You are, of course, leaving out the fact that Peanut Brittle made in Roman Britain and that has been maturing since then is the strongest kind of Peanut Brittle on earth.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 55
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 6:38:45 AM   
warspite1

quote:

You are, of course, leaving out the fact that Peanut Brittle made in Roman Britain and that has been maturing since then is the strongest kind of Peanut Brittle on earth.
Warspite1

Yes, Roman PB is the strongest - and indeed it was that version that was used to build the T-34 mentioned earlier, however it is not the deadliest; that is the preserve of Brazilian .

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 56
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 6:43:37 AM   
warspite1

quote:

Now for a Serious Moment......since I have lived almost 8 decades and I have forgotten quite a bit, buy in the back of this old mind and its gray memory banks, I vauguely remember that there was a song dedicated to Peanut Brittle,,,,,This is not a drill... woops correction ....not a joke.
Warspite1

Care to enlighten us further planner3?

(in reply to planner 3)
Post #: 57
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 6:46:10 AM   
planner 3

Hah ! Mr. Warspite you have met our mutual enemy, with a sticky sweet approach and even disquised as Cracker Jacks they caused the evil "Sticky Fingers" Remember the Brittle wars and see your dentist every 2 months (especially after Brazilian Peanut Brittle}.

Read "The Battle of Brittle" or the sequel "There Will Always be a Brittle" and another good read "Brittle Rules the Waves" and the American History of "Brittle of Bull Run".

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 58
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 6:49:20 AM   
warspite1

quote:

Hah ! Mr. Warspite you have met our mutual enemy, with a sticky sweet approach and even disquised as Cracker Jacks they caused the evil "Sticky Fingers" Remember the Brittle wars and see your dentist every 2 months (especially after Brazilian Peanut Brittle}.

Read "The Battle of Brittle" or the sequel "There Will Always be a Brittle" and another good read "Brittle Rules the Waves" and the American History of "Brittle of Bull Run".
Warspite1

quote:

"The Battle of Brittle"

quote:

Remember the Brittle wars and see your dentist every 2 months (especially after Brazilian Peanut Brittle}.
You will be lucky if a dentist is all you need after some Brazilian....

(in reply to planner 3)
Post #: 59
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/28/2012 12:12:25 PM   
parusski

quote:

planner 3, your memory does not fail, though this song is most likely by a much younger group PEANUT BRITTLE SONG

(in reply to planner 3)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Do you have the time? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI