Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Do you have the time?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Do you have the time? Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 5:48:59 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm
But I have recently been informed that time do not tell so I have no clue what will happen in time.

That reminds me of the famous Eisenhower adage, "Things have never been more like the way they are today in history."

Warspite1

Or to put it another way, in the words of the late, but very great Stan Laurel " You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead".

warspite1, I appreciate all input, but you must stay on topic. What time during his life did Stan Laurel say that?????
Warspite1

I believe it was from the 1930 Laurel and Hardy film Brats. As for the time he said it - you will be less than surprised to learn I do not have a flippin clue.

Interesting hypothesis. I am very surprised you do not know, I thought you knew everything.
Warspite1

Whilst I admit that I have the brain the size of a planet, said planet is pluto, looked at from a telescope held the wrong way around, on a cloudy night. My brain cannot match that of yours Steiner, nor indeed the great Ambrose himself alas.

Ahh, the scent of Love Potion Number 9 being sprayed about. And all of it toward me. You honour me using my name in the same context with S. Ambrose.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 121
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 6:10:33 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

But I have recently been informed that time do not tell so I have no clue what will happen in time.

That reminds me of the famous Eisenhower adage, "Things have never been more like the way they are today in history."

Warspite1

Or to put it another way, in the words of the late, but very great Stan Laurel " You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead".

warspite1, I appreciate all input, but you must stay on topic. What time during his life did Stan Laurel say that?????
Warspite1

I believe it was from the 1930 Laurel and Hardy film Brats. As for the time he said it - you will be less than surprised to learn I do not have a flippin clue.

Interesting hypothesis. I am very surprised you do not know, I thought you knew everything.
Warspite1

Whilst I admit that I have the brain the size of a planet, said planet is pluto, looked at from a telescope held the wrong way around, on a cloudy night. My brain cannot match that of yours Steiner, nor indeed the great Ambrose himself alas.

Ahh, the scent of Love Potion Number 9 being sprayed about. And all of it toward me. You honour me using my name in the same context with S. Ambrose.

Warspite1

Steiner: Perhaps those who would warn you that Brazilian Peanut Brittle is coming to the UK - and it is coming, Warspite - perhaps they would get further with you by setting their words in print a la Ambrose.
Warspite: If the BPB takes over the UK, I have no doubt, Steiner, that you will be the sole publisher of the event.
Steiner: You flatter me, Warspite.
Warspite: Oh, how clumsy of me - I meant to accuse you.

Which famous film was that?

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 122
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 6:13:06 PM   
Zorch

Do you mean now?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 123
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 6:13:35 PM   
parusski

The Awful Sound of Music.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 124
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 6:14:25 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

Do you mean now?

Well, I no longer need the time from when I first asked. I just need to set my alarm clock.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 125
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 6:18:48 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Warspite1

Yes, it is the quite brilliant Sound of Music. You do indeed know everything Herr Zeller.... I mean Steiner.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 126
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 6:21:56 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Yes, it is the quite brilliant Sound of Music. You do indeed know everything Herr Zeller.... I mean Steiner.

quote:

Herr Zeller

I know I know everything von Trapp

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 127
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 6:52:37 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

Do you mean now?

Well, I no longer need the time from when I first asked. I just need to set my alarm clock.
Warspite1

Well Zorch, were you just teasing or are you going to spill the beans?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 128
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 8:04:57 PM   
Orm

quote:

Whilst I admit that I have the brain the size of a planet, said planet is pluto, looked at from a telescope held the wrong way around, on a cloudy night.

You, and your pluto sized head, looked at through a microscope, could do me a favor and head over to the World in Flames forum and answer the question in the quiz thread. The answer to that question eludes me and I am truly curious.

Warspite1, you are known as the ultimate expert on maritime events during WWII. So if you could have a go at it I would be truly grateful.

Edit: I forgot to add; If you have the time.

< Message edited by Orm -- 1/29/2012 8:11:57 PM >

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 129
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 8:14:01 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Whilst I admit that I have the brain the size of a planet, said planet is pluto, looked at from a telescope held the wrong way around, on a cloudy night.

You, and your pluto sized head, looked at through a microscope, could do me a favor and head over to the World in Flames forum and answer the question in the quiz thread. The answer to that question eludes me and I am truly curious.

Warspite1, you are known as the ultimate expert on maritime events during WWII. So if you could have a go at it I would be truly grateful.
Warspite1

You give me too much credit Ormster. I am a noob compared to some of the guys in the WITPAE forum .

I have just seen the question but am a tad confused as you wrote it. My first guess would be one of the German auxiliary cruisers or maybe one of the British County-class. But of course the excellent US fleet train meant that many of their ships did not need to visit port often (does being replenished at sea count for the purposes of the question?).

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 130
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 8:15:15 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

Edit: I forgot to add; If you have the time.

Very good, you stayed on topic. Even with that sloppy kiss you gave warspite1 you were focused.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 131
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 8:15:34 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

You give me too much credit Ormster. I am a noob compared to some of the guys in the WITPAE forum .

I have just seen the question but am a tad confused as you wrote it. My first guess would be one of the German auxiliary cruisers or maybe one of the British County-class. But of course the excellent US fleet train meant that many of their ships did not need to visit port often (does being replenished at sea count for the purposes of the question?).

Replenish at sea is allowed for the purpose of the question.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 132
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 8:30:51 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

Devillish question my Swedish friend - I'll have a piece of Peanut Brittle (Belgian not Brazilian) while I ponder.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 133
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 8:32:36 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

Devillish question my Swedish friend - I'll have a piece of Peanut Brittle (Belgian not Brazilian) while I ponder.

Did you intend ANY reference to time? XD!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 134
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 8:36:33 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

Did you intend ANY reference to time? XD!
Warspite1

Apologies Steiner - a bit of self flagellation is called for at this point but as there is no smiley for that I will use this one

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 135
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 8:39:55 PM   
parusski

Kneel and you shall be forgiven in time,

< Message edited by parusski -- 1/29/2012 8:40:38 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 136
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 8:41:34 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Kneel and e forgiven.
Warspite1

Okay - What time shall I begin kneeling and how long shall I kneel for exactly?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 137
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 8:45:24 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

Kneel and e forgiven.
Warspite1

You shall kneel at half-past Brazilian local time. XD! You shall remain kneeling until Slaakman stops putting XD at the end of all his sentences. XD!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 138
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 8:47:50 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Kneel and e forgiven.
Warspite1

You shall kneel at half-past Brazilian local time. XD! You shall remain kneeling until Slaakman stops putting XD at the end of all his sentences. XD!

Warspite1

It wasn't Slaakman - it was Perturabo

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 139
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 8:51:49 PM   
Orm

I do not understand this practice with ending sentences with the number 490. Does it have some religious meaning I am not familiar with? 490!

Edit: When I get the time I will google the number 490.

< Message edited by Orm -- 1/29/2012 8:52:25 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 140
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 8:54:11 PM   
warspite1

quote:

I do not understand this practice with ending sentences with the number 490. Does it have some religious meaning I am not familiar with? 490!
Warspite1

I noticed that Perturabo (in the music thread) just started doing it. He has not responded to my question of why. I think it may be an illness and Steiner is badly affected. It only seems to affect me in the music thread. Weird

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 141
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 8:58:40 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Kneel and e forgiven.
Warspite1

Warspite1

It wasn't Slaakman - it was Perturabo

OOPS.XD! Time I beat up myself. XD!

All posts on this thread must refer to time in some way. XD!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 142
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 9:04:07 PM   
warspite1

Time for a bath I think - keep the posts coming so that I have something to respond to when I get out. It's either that or look at paying some boring bills....yep, I think I'll stick around the forum.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 143
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 9:11:06 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

I noticed that Perturabo (in the music thread) just started doing it. He has not responded to my question of why. I think it may be an illness and Steiner is badly affected. It only seems to affect me in the music thread. Weird

Mrs. Steiner has just told me she is taking me to hospital. XD! She became concerned after offering a little afternoon delight(a 70's song) between us and I started screaming XD XD XD!

XD!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 144
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 9:32:03 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Mrs. Steiner has just told me she is taking me to hospital. XD! She became concerned after offering a little afternoon delight(a 70's song) between us and I started screaming XD XD XD!

XD!
Warspite1

Which song Steiner? Did you have the time to hear it all?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 145
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 9:36:11 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

XD!
Warspite1

Which song Steiner? Did you have the time to hear it all?

I broke my own rule.

The song, great for it's TIME, is:

Afternoon Delight, 1976

Of course I was only 12 when this song was released, but I loved it then and now. XD490! I love to listen to it from TIME to TIME. XD490

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 146
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 9:38:05 PM   
warspite1

I meant to ask, do you have the correct time old boy?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 147
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 9:39:23 PM   
parusski

quote:

It is TIME for some Afternoon Delight with Mrs. Steiner. XD490!

We will also enjoy some PB. XD490!

Afternoon Delight

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 148
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 11:02:06 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Afternoon Delight
Warspite1

Well, I think it's time I wasn't here - work tomorrow . I hope I can get up on time but as NO ONE has bothered to give me the time I cannot even set my alarm clock. Oh well.....you can't always get what you want. Goodnight John Boy, Goodnight Mary Ellen etc

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 149
RE: Do you have the time? - 1/29/2012 11:09:49 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

Afternoon Delight
Warspite1

Well, I think it's time I wasn't here - work tomorrow . I hope I can get up on time but as NO ONE has bothered to give me the time I cannot even set my alarm clock. Oh well.....you can't always get what you want. Goodnight John Boy, Goodnight Mary Ellen etc

It's time for a damn drink, a damn bath, a damn tumble in the hay and by GOD time for some DAMNED sleep warspite1.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Do you have the time? Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI