Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

mega campaign bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> mega campaign bug Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
mega campaign bug - 9/10/2002 7:48:20 PM   
dosmb

hello, is anybody out there.

i have a 950 mhz, 128k mem, win 98 h.p.. my lost victories cd is about to go in my never works stack. i never had a problem with
sp 7.1 and always, unless not recommended for a scenario, my preferences are all on except command and control. all sound
is disabled, and i use the hex grid. fast arty is off. the first time
i ran the game i got to the third scenario when it returned
me to original startup screen. i tried to reload but then got a fatal
page error and my comp locked up. there began the long trail
that has ended here. i surrender.
i redownloaded the required files more then once. removed them ( by the way when the 7.1 patch is put over 7.0, the 7.0 uninstall file is corrupted. so i got a add remove program to get rid of 7.0). the instructions to remove 7.0, install the lv disk, run the 7.1 patch and mclv patches 1 and 2 did not work. i tried installing the complete 7.1 after removing 7.0. no go. note: my disk will not just install the mclv because of a missing update file(?). bought a program to clean up my registry. no help. all resulted in one of three errors and 3 possible results.
1) vxd (name your file)
2) page fault
3) divide check
results.
1) returned to first menu screen.
2) returned to second menu screen.
3) system locked up.

i got hooked the first time it worked and now i want it to work.
the errors eventually spread to the rest of my system except for the browser, but did effect downloading. i reninstalled all software with format. mclv did it to me again.
first scenario ( always pick engineers ) and it returned me to the first menu screen. what more can i do. please help.

thanks
dosmb with a sore on the end of my index finger from hard booting my system.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 31
- 9/11/2002 1:10:27 AM   
chief

Just a thought: Did you catch the error in the install path on the 7.1 patch ? If the answer is no check newbies guide to installation for further info. This can be found 2 topics down from here...HTH

:) :cool:

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 32
- 9/11/2002 4:17:00 AM   
dosmb

hi chief

if your referring to the path name, i never got caught with that.
wish they could all be that easy.

thanks
dosmb
still with the sore index finger

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 33
- 10/22/2002 8:43:23 PM   
spliffyUK

Hiya.....
I've probly picked the wrong thread to post this in, but anyway.

I downloaded the SP WaW free thingy, and love the game, but I tried doing a mega campaign (South Pacific or something), kicked the Japs arses, and the game crashed at the result screen. I re-booted, kicked there arses again, with a better score, and the same thing happened again.
Any ideas how to stop this?

Not sure which version it is, but I only downloaded it last week, if that helps?

Cheers.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 34
crash - 10/24/2002 1:48:45 AM   
dosmb

hi,

your right. wrong place. i can't get my mc's to work either but it doens't sound like the problem i have. there is a thread out there that explains how to update spwaw to version 7 and how to install the mc's updates in a particular order. they say this will solve most problems. try to find the thread and give it a try. it will require you to download a few files.

good luck,
david

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 35
- 10/25/2002 3:35:20 AM   
bobbuild

I'm having a problem with LOst Victories mega campaign.After playing about 15-20 battles my game crashes. I will have just finished a battle with either a draw or decisive win and go into next battle. I will get comments on previous battle , new instructions select an option and hit continue. I then get a streamer at bottom of monitor saying unable to load oob and the oob streaming by.The next screen show the german in both human and computer mode and then crashes. This has happened twice on two different senarios, Bingler's Bridge and Potapov Strikes.Any help would be appreciated.I would like to finish the game and at least get an iron cross.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 36
Bobbuild - 10/25/2002 4:18:58 AM   
Gary Tatro

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bobbuild
[B]I'm having a problem with LOst Victories mega campaign.After playing about 15-20 battles my game crashes. I will have just finished a battle with either a draw or decisive win and go into next battle. I will get comments on previous battle , new instructions select an option and hit continue. I then get a streamer at bottom of monitor saying unable to load oob and the oob streaming by.The next screen show the german in both human and computer mode and then crashes. This has happened twice on two different senarios, Bingler's Bridge and Potapov Strikes.Any help would be appreciated.I would like to finish the game and at least get an iron cross. [/B][/QUOTE]

Do you have the latest pataches? They should clear that up for you. Or you might have a corrupted save file. Let me know if you would like me to post a saved game at your point in the campaign.

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 37
- 10/25/2002 4:37:24 AM   
bobbuild

Yes, l installed both patches but after the fact and really could use a saved game at either or both of those senarios.I really hate to start over again.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 38
Bobbuild - 10/25/2002 7:03:52 AM   
Gary Tatro

Bob
Attached is a copy of the senario directly after Potapov strikes. It was only senario 17 for me. It is a saved file that I keeped after I reinstalled Lost Vicoties and put on both patches.

In the Future I suggest doing what I do. Make a copy of the game and save each senario in its own directory. That way you have a back up or can go back and replay your favorite senarios.

Have fun and enjoy.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 39
- 10/25/2002 10:45:19 AM   
bobbuild

Gary, Thanks for the download and l will take your advice and follow the procedure you mentioned.Don't know what actually caused the problem but with the patches now installed maybe that will solve my problem.Thanks again.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 40
Bobbuidl - 10/25/2002 9:07:51 PM   
Gary Tatro

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bobbuild
[B]Gary, Thanks for the download and l will take your advice and follow the procedure you mentioned.Don't know what actually caused the problem but with the patches now installed maybe that will solve my problem.Thanks again. [/B][/QUOTE]

No problem, I have had the pain of having to restart 3 times so I know the frustration. :)

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 41
Help! MCLV problem - 10/28/2002 3:43:34 PM   
philbo

Guys,

I'm hoping someone can help. I am currently playing MCLV. I am using SPWAW 7.1 and have downloaded all the patches. I have a Pent. 2 400Mhz, 320megs of ram. My operating system is win98. Direct X ver. 8. I play with all prefs. on except C&C. Here is the problem, I am playing "A Nasty Surprise" Dubno (Node 6 Scen 21). I have played this scenario 7 times:mad: Every time, some time after turn 9 the game will crash to the desktop. It is not the same event that triggers it every time either. Mainly it is happening when either the computer or I fire at another vehicle. This is getting very frustrating. I do not like to save during the game, especially since this is a scen with per turn scoring. Does anyone have any ideas?:confused:

Thanks,
Phil

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 42
Philbo - 10/28/2002 8:33:43 PM   
Gary Tatro

If you have an idea of when the game crashes save every turn. It really takes only a minute to jump out of the game and save and then jump back in.
Or I have my saved games on that senario and could post either the first turn of that game or the first turn of the senario after that one. You could have a corrupted save file.
Also here is a question do you have you screen saver on? I only ask this because the game in my experience tends to crash more often when you screen saver is on. Screen saver kicks in and the game crashes.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 43
- 10/28/2002 11:16:07 PM   
chief

Philbo: As Gary says.......also....SPWAW is a jealous mistress that requires all the attention....it/she uses all the assets your computer can give, so your better off running it/her with everthing except Explorer and Systray off. Give her what she wants, your undivided attention, and see what happens. Good luck and good hunting.;) :rolleyes: :D :cool:

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 44
- 10/29/2002 4:10:42 AM   
philbo

Gary and Chief,

Thanks guys for your answers. Gary, I do have the screen saver on, I'll turn it off and see if that helps. Like I said, I hate saving during per turn scoring scenarios. you lose the points that you accumulated because of the scoring bug. However, if this keeps happening I guess I will have to go that route. Chief, great suggestions on turning everything off, I only leave those two programs running already. I'm sure others may not know that so it could help them. If anyone else has any ideas please keep them coming. Once again, THANKS!!:)

Phil

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 45
- 10/29/2002 4:31:37 AM   
rbrunsman

I've noticed that, without my asking for it, Windows connects to the internet to look for updates right in the middle of my games and I sometimes CTD as a result.:mad: I finally figured out what was happening and turned off the auto update feature.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 46
- 11/14/2002 1:57:14 AM   
Voriax

Okay. Some minor LV bugs that still exist..all currently available patches installed.

One of my Stug's lost all it's kills. Experience and morale levels stayed intact. I'm not 100% sure when this happened as I didn't spot it immediately but I think it was after the 'Rasputitsa' scenario. And the unit wasn't destroyed...iI remember that it stuck and didn't accomplish anything in that scenario :(

Towards the end couple oob bugs. In the 'Balaclava' scenario I was pounced by some T-26's on steroids. Yep..those T-34 looking ones. also it was rather neat to have four 88's with attached transports in this battle. Too bad the transports were Sdkfz-6's that are too light to tow an 88 :(

Similar transport bug appears in the 'Manstein's present' where the onboard 105 and 122mm guns have too light transports allocated.

Also my core reverted backwards in these two fights. the 2 ATG's had been upgraded to 50mm many battles ago, but in these I again had 37mm. Also I think that some apc's reverted to an earlier model.

Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 47
- 11/14/2002 11:55:52 PM   
RockinHarry

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Voriax
[B]Okay. Some minor LV bugs that still exist..all currently available patches installed.

One of my Stug's lost all it's kills. Experience and morale levels stayed intact. I'm not 100% sure when this happened as I didn't spot it immediately but I think it was after the 'Rasputitsa' scenario. And the unit wasn't destroyed...iI remember that it stuck and didn't accomplish anything in that scenario :(

Towards the end couple oob bugs. In the 'Balaclava' scenario I was pounced by some T-26's on steroids. Yep..those T-34 looking ones. also it was rather neat to have four 88's with attached transports in this battle. Too bad the transports were Sdkfz-6's that are too light to tow an 88 :(

Similar transport bug appears in the 'Manstein's present' where the onboard 105 and 122mm guns have too light transports allocated.

Also my core reverted backwards in these two fights. the 2 ATG's had been upgraded to 50mm many battles ago, but in these I again had 37mm. Also I think that some apc's reverted to an earlier model.

Voriax [/B][/QUOTE]

hm...i wonder that you encountered these bugs or OOB issues with all patches installed!? :confused:
Could you give us (when available) node number of scenarios in question? (..I fear you don´t have save games of these scenarios on hard disk anymore :( )

hopefully mentioned 'Rasputitsa' , 'Balaclava' and 'Manstein's present' scenarios could be rechecked by designers again!
:rolleyes:

thanks

_______-
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 48
- 11/15/2002 8:40:35 AM   
SkyVon

I am trying to finish the Potapov At Bay scenario (sp ver 7.1, LV ver 1.2) and am now having yet another problem with this game.

I am unable to load my saved game. All I see scrolling real fast in the bottom left hand corner is "Unable to Load ####### DATA!!" Eventually this will end and I will go to the screen where I have to click CONTIUNE to enter the scenario at which point I CTD.

I am so frustrated with the bugs in LV that I don't know if I'll ever purchases another Matrix product :mad:

I have restarted LV several times (end game due to bug, Matrix fixes bug, repeat) and I refuse to do so again. If this error cannot be fixed, I'll be happy to sell my LV disk.

If needed, I can send the save file to someone.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 49
- 11/15/2002 9:27:26 AM   
Anthony_MatrixForum

Yep

Quite a few of us have had problems at that point.

Gemfan sent me a working save file from that point, and
you can use my "campaign fixer" to reset the leader values
to match your current game.

There is another thread with this topic and a copy of a working save game

[URL=http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24646]http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24646[/URL]

The best one to use is reedy.zip, near the end

The "campaign fixer" lets you edit leader stats, it should be on tankheads site somewhere.

Anthony

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 50
- 11/15/2002 11:07:22 AM   
rbrunsman

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SkyVon
[B]I am unable to load my saved game. All I see scrolling real fast in the bottom left hand corner is "Unable to Load ####### DATA!!" Eventually this will end and I will go to the screen where I have to click CONTIUNE to enter the scenario at which point I CTD.[/B][/QUOTE]

I used to get that problem. IIRC, it occured when I would exit the game and then quickly close SPWAW without giving the computer time to complete the save procedure. Since I started to wait 10 to 20 seconds before doing anything else after exiting the MC, I haven't had this problem any more. It could be coincidence, but you may want to give it a try.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 51
watchtower problem - 11/16/2002 10:28:01 PM   
davidmiller

I am in hopes you might be able to lead me to the correct path for repair of this. I am pretty far into the Watchtower Campaign and have come to the scenario entitled Headed Your Way and the program starts showing at the bottom loading OOB files. I am not even able to progress any further. It kicks me out of the program. This is the first glitch I've had with this particular campaign. Is there something that corrected this glitch previously, that I perhapes did not download. Thank you for your consideration.

rabid lobo

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 52
- 11/16/2002 11:36:42 PM   
SkyVon

Anthony, is that reedy.zip file the same one you used? Also, what scenario is it for? I would like to play the scenario I am stuck on and then move forward.

Thanks!

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 53
- 11/18/2002 6:01:13 AM   
Anthony_MatrixForum

Hi

The Reedy.zip file was a save game that Gmenfan fixed for me
it was for the "Potapov Strikes" scenario - with the "low road" choice (I think). Hopefully that is the next one you should be facing......

Anthony

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 54
OWT Crash Problem: - 11/20/2002 1:58:07 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

I decided to start playing the OWT Mega last night. I fought through the Tulagi battle, Node 5 Battle 2-31, and gained a DV. When I clicked on 'continue' to proceed to the next battle, the game crashed. I have zipped and attatched the save files for the game in question. I've downloaded all the patches for OWT that I know of.

Eric Maietta

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 55
- 11/21/2002 2:07:35 AM   
Jim1954

Eric, the OWT patch is a little different than most, in that different parts of it need to be extracted to different places. There are directions on Newbies Guide under MC's. Did you do it like that?

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 56
- 11/21/2002 2:12:59 AM   
Jim1954

While I'm in here I'll put up my own question:
7.1, MCLV with 1.1, 1.2 and sound patches installed. Lost leader fix applied. Sometimes when I have a unit eliminated, the leader name will default to what I rename the unit to. I am not sure if it happens at the start of the next battle or a turn or two into it. Anybody else see this?

:confused:

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 57
- 11/21/2002 11:39:09 PM   
AbsntMndedProf

That did the trick, Jim. Thanks for the help! As Mr. King, my old high school chemestry teacher used to say, if all else faqils, read the directions. :D

Eric Maietta

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 58
Re: OWT Crash Problem: - 11/24/2002 12:57:55 AM   
RockinHarry

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AbsntMndedProf
[B]I decided to start playing the OWT Mega last night. I fought through the Tulagi battle, Node 5 Battle 2-31, and gained a DV. When I clicked on 'continue' to proceed to the next battle, the game crashed. I have zipped and attatched the save files for the game in question. I've downloaded all the patches for OWT that I know of.

Eric Maietta [/B][/QUOTE]

I checked your save game AMProf, and it crashes for me too! As it seems it´s the 2nd or 3rd battle from WT, so you could actually restart without much pain!;) The scenarios don´t seem to have obvious problems IMO.

Jim is right on the matter too!

________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 59
- 3/3/2003 11:06:04 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

Can anybody explain me how to fix the Bug with LV and DF of the lost leaders? Now i'm playin LV and I'm in the Pripet Marshes.I experienced very strange facts about the leaders' replacements:
When a unit is destroyed some new leaders come back with new name and rank and with stats and skills quite acceptable(wish should be normal)
But sometimes,and the more i go on the more it happens)te replaced leaders come in with no name and rank at all and with the skills with an average of 20!!!!!.....
While other times a squad get killed and dispersed and it comes back with the same stats and skills,even with the same kills,but without any rank......That's quite weird:o

What can i Do??
I got all the pèatches installed for Ver 7.1....

Another strange fact: Vebber got killed and the replacing unit came in with the rank of 1lt....is it normal that 1lt with doeas not take the command of the company?and is it nomral that the only promotion i saw among my men is in inut O0 wish is a opel blitz driver???He was promoted from 2lt to Cpt!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tnanks

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> mega campaign bug Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI