Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New WitE Public Beta 1.06.03 Now Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> New WitE Public Beta 1.06.03 Now Available! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New WitE Public Beta 1.06.03 Now Available! - 2/10/2012 6:11:38 PM   
Andrew Loveridge

Hello all,

We have another quick Beta Update for you to try out. It is in the Members Club, and includes new features, rules changes, a number of bug fixes, and data adjustments. Below are the changes for this update with links to the previous changes.

Please remember this is a beta, and feedback is appreciated.

V1.06.03 – February 21, 2012

New Features and Rule Changes

1. New Feature - Added ground element replacement information into the Event log. It is sorted by ground element class and type as in the production screen.

Bug Fixes

1. Fixed several bugs that could prevent captured and non-producible (build cost 9999) ground elements in pools from being used as replacements.
      2. Fixed several bugs having to do with the rotation of ground elements in the replacement phase.
      3. Fixed a bug so now Hiwis will add back to the pool when a unit is disbanded.
      4. Fixed a bug preventing OB upgrades for AA units attached to cities.
      5. Fixed city starvation code so it matches the manual – an enemy unit must be within 4 hexes of a city in order for starvation to be possible.
      6. Fixed a few problems with non-OB empty element slots on the unit detail display.
      7. Fixed a bug that could cause captured equipment to be used prior to October 1941.
      8. Added code to fix broken unit HHQ assignments.
      9. Fixed the air range check for transport missions so it matches the air fly map shading.
      10. Fixed a minor supply bug and increased the supplies/fuel requirements for city supply dumps in order to rectify some replacement fluctuations.

V1.06.00 – February 17, 2012

1. Rule Clarification – The interface change made in 1.05.63 will not prevent HQ’s and airbases, not stacked with a combat unit with a positive CV, from making a forced displacement move if an enemy combat unit retreats adjacent to their hex.

Bug Fixes

1. Fixed a bug that was keeping AA units attached to cities from receiving replacements.

Data and Scenario Changes

1. Corrected the name of the 43 Slov. Infantry Division to eliminate the Slovakian Slov. duplication in the name.
      2. Rationalized the upgrade path of German Panzer Pioneer Squads (102).

V1.05.63 – February 14, 2012

1. Rule Change – Isolated on map units can now be reassigned only to HQs inside the pocket with them, and only if within 100 MPs. Previously, no on map units could be assigned to isolated HQs. Support units attached to isolated HQs can only be reassigned to other HQs in the pocket and within 100 MPs.
      2. Rule Change – The Soviet player may not build a new on map unit in an isolated area.
      3. Interface Change – Friendly non combat units (HQs and air bases) and routed units will no longer displace automatically during their movement phase. These units will be outlined in red as a warning, and will displace automatically in the next logistics phase if they are still next to an enemy unit and not stacked with a unit with a positive CV.
      4. Rule Correction (section 18.1.1.2) – German Infantry Divisions destroyed on or after August 1, 1944 will always return to the map as a Volksgrenadier Division (not just 20% of the time as originally detailed in the manual).

Bug Fixes

1. Fixed a bug that had allowed support units attached to isolated HQs to receive replacements.
      2. Fixed a bug that was could prevent starvation from happening in isolated Manpower centers that were at 100% damage.
      3. Fixed typo in word Difference (originally misspelled Differennce).
      4. Fixed a bug in the AI that had the AI assigning some on map ground units to air command HQs.
      5. Fixed a bug where a withdrawing Axis unit could get stuck on the map edge in withdrawal mode for the rest of the game. It now will set the MAX TOE of the unit to 100 which will prevent this from happening.
      6. Fixed a crash bug caused by refitting AA units attached to cities.

V1.05.61 – February 6, 2012

1.Rule Change – Soviet Cavalry Corps HQ will now disband immediately in January 1942. Although the manual said they would disband by November 1941, until this version they were disbanding in April 1942.

Bug Fixes

1.Fixed a bug where the defending force during an AI ground attack could automatically lose a battle, having its CV incorrectly set to 0. No shooting would take place but the defending force would suffer retreat losses even though the display indicated there were no men/guns/AFVs in the battle.
      2.Fixed a bug where depleted units could get committed to battle.
      3.Fixed a bug where port cities might not get supplies/fuel if the port was not connected to an active rail line.
      4.Fixed a bug where isolated units could upgrade their TOE(OB).
      5.Fixed a bug where Cavalry Corps HQ could get converted to Guards.
      6.Fixed a bug where partisan resupply missions were not doing a proper range check.
      7.Fixed a bug where the combat display for an air transport mission could be displayed too long when using combat display level 3.

Data and Scenario Changes

Changes in Device and OB files
      1.To help address the issue of SS Motorized Brigades upgrading to divisions prematurely the following changes have been made to the TOE data bases:
      41 SS Motorized Brigade (OB 44) Last Year/Last Month changed from 9/43 to 1/44;
      43 SS Motorized Brigade (OB 283) Last Year/Last Month changed from 9/44 to 10/44 and upgrade path changed from 43 SS Grenadier Division (OB 71) to 45 SS Grenadier Division (OB 119).
      2.Correction made to 44 Jagdpanzer Battalion (OB 522) to remove upgrade path copied over in error.
      3.Changed Soviet 122mm Field Gun (Ground Element 824) unit type to Heavy Artillery to prevent it from being used in divisional artillery.

1.05.60 Changes
1.05.59c Changes
1.05.53 Changes

< Message edited by Andrew Loveridge -- 2/21/2012 11:09:52 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/10/2012 10:14:58 PM   
carlkay58

Good, just made notes to post about bug fixes 1, 2, and 7 - saves me the trouble!

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
Post #: 2
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/15/2012 4:36:22 AM   
Erik Rutins

The new v1.05.63 public beta is now available. The change list has been added to the updated first post in this thread.

Regards,

- Erk

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 3
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/15/2012 5:12:56 AM   
Farfarer61

Great catch on figuring out that starvation bug.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/15/2012 11:21:47 AM   
vlcz

quote:

3. Interface Change – Friendly non combat units (HQs and air bases) and routed units will no longer displace automatically during their movement phase. These units will be outlined in red as a warning, and will displace automatically in the next logistics phase if they are still next to an enemy unit and not stacked with a unit with a positive CV.

In the name of all the neglectful and careless beings THANKS

(in reply to Farfarer61)
Post #: 5
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/15/2012 2:30:30 PM   
vlcz

It is stoping the download at 54,8MB, restarting it rclaims a password for the FTP, tried three times in a row with same result

(in reply to vlcz)
Post #: 6
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/15/2012 2:38:21 PM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: vlcz

It is stoping the download at 54,8MB, restarting it rclaims a password for the FTP, tried three times in a row with same result

Just downloaded with no problems

Click on download, select save and it completed in about a minute.

(in reply to vlcz)
Post #: 7
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/15/2012 9:01:30 PM   
vlcz

No problem now at home, I suspect some problem with the proxy at the office , thanks

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 8
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/16/2012 4:04:59 PM   
delatbabel

Are we getting close to a 1.05 "final"? I am glad to see the game improving from patch to patch now (I wasn't convinced about some of the 1.04 changes but 1.05 seems a lot better), but I'm concerned that if I'm starting a new 1.05 game I'm likely to still be seeing a patch swarm with many game balance changing tweaks (such as the Soviet CC capacity ones listed above) until we get a 1.05 final.

--
Del

(in reply to vlcz)
Post #: 9
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/16/2012 4:26:28 PM   
elmo3

This is still the latest build. Not sure if it is "final" yet or not but I'd guess any changes now would be last minute bug fixes rather than game balance changes. But I suppose it's possible a balance issue could come up at the last minute.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 10
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/16/2012 4:40:11 PM   
Joel Billings

Lee's right. At this point we're just fixing bugs before making this official. There have only been a few very minor rule changes made in the last few public betas,and that's all I'd expect for awhile. Any data changes that get in before the next official version will also be kept to minor clean up items, if any.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 11
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/18/2012 4:17:36 PM   
IronDuke_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Lee's right. At this point we're just fixing bugs before making this official. There have only been a few very minor rule changes made in the last few public betas,and that's all I'd expect for awhile. Any data changes that get in before the next official version will also be kept to minor clean up items, if any.

Right, sounds like it's safe for me to go pick a fight, then.....

Thanks for the ongoing support. Best of luck with the new game.

Regards,
ID.

P.S. I've noticed a couple of sigs with WITW in them. Is there a thread hereabouts with any titbits in about this?

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 12
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/18/2012 6:37:17 PM   
elmo3

quote:

ORIGINAL: IronDuke

... P.S. I've noticed a couple of sigs with WITW in them. Is there a thread hereabouts with any titbits in about this?

Some tidbits here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2638000 but we're nowhere near the point of releasing anything in the way of hard information. Pretty much everything is still subject to change as this point.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

(in reply to IronDuke_slith)
Post #: 13
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/18/2012 9:03:01 PM   
IronDuke_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: elmo3

quote:

ORIGINAL: IronDuke

... P.S. I've noticed a couple of sigs with WITW in them. Is there a thread hereabouts with any titbits in about this?

Some tidbits here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2638000 but we're nowhere near the point of releasing anything in the way of hard information. Pretty much everything is still subject to change as this point.

Thanks for the steer.

Aside from echoing those appealing for a smaller scale in the west (Company-Battalion and 2-5 miles hex max), I wish you all the best and good speed. You can link the different scales in a monster game later by drawing a line down the Elbe or something and having the two halves of the map behave differently.

Regards,
ID

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 14
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.06.00 Now Available! - 2/18/2012 11:05:50 PM   
Erik Rutins

The new v1.06.00 Public Beta is now available in the Members Club.

The first post has been updated with the change list for v1.06.00. This should be the official 1.06.00 release build, as long as no critical issues come up in testing.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to IronDuke_slith)
Post #: 15
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/19/2012 10:24:04 PM   
glvaca

quote:

quote:

+1 great change!

(in reply to vlcz)
Post #: 16
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/20/2012 8:39:47 PM   
cobexlaw888

I have stopped playing WiE because of too many patches. with regrets. I will wait a while untill I play again

(in reply to glvaca)
Post #: 17
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/20/2012 11:55:25 PM   
EisenHammer

I started playing WitE again because of the patches. With happiness. I will keep on playing if they keep on patching and fixing the game.

(in reply to cobexlaw888)
Post #: 18
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/21/2012 11:59:27 AM   
Cavalry Corp

quote:

ORIGINAL: glvaca

quote:

quote:

+1 great change!

This change will have a big impact on the Russians in 41 -42 and goes along way to rebalancing things for 43 onwards as the axis are less likely to suffer big pockets...

(in reply to glvaca)
Post #: 19
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/21/2012 4:13:14 PM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: cavalry

quote:

ORIGINAL: glvaca

quote:

quote:

+1 great change!

This change will have a big impact on the Russians in 41 -42 and goes along way to rebalancing things for 43 onwards as the axis are less likely to suffer big pockets...

Not sure I follow the logic here. Cav, could you explain please?

< Message edited by pompack -- 2/21/2012 4:14:18 PM >

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 20
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/21/2012 4:56:52 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Easier to keep units in pockets??

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 21
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/21/2012 5:25:26 PM   
Timmeh

I think the misunderstanding is cavalry is thinking this refers to enemy units. it does not.

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 22
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/21/2012 6:13:36 PM   
Denniss

Yes it's for friendly routed or non-combat units that you mistakenly placed nearby an enemy combat unit (often by moving a combat unit out of the stack). They will displace in the next logistic phase if not moved away.
This does not apply to enemy combat unit retreatments that end up next to any of your non-combat units - they will displace just like in earlier versions.

WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)

(in reply to Timmeh)
Post #: 23
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/21/2012 7:32:15 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Oh I see... thanks for clarifying

i still hate the idea of routed units transplanting themselves - still does not feel right but that is the way it is.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 24
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/22/2012 3:51:50 PM   
coolts

quote:

ORIGINAL: EisenHammer

I started playing WitE again because of the patches. With happiness. I will keep on playing if they keep on patching and fixing the game.

Same here. Nothing beats the smell of fresh warm patches in the morning!

seriously, this much dedicated support is much appreciated.

< Message edited by coolts -- 2/22/2012 3:52:45 PM >

"Gauls! We have nothing to fear; except perhaps that the sky may fall on our heads tomorrow. But as we all know, tomorrow never comes!!" - Chief Vitalstatistix

(in reply to EisenHammer)
Post #: 25
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.05.61 Now Available! - 2/22/2012 3:59:36 PM   
amatteucci

keep 'em coming!

(in reply to coolts)
Post #: 26
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.06.03 Now Available! - 2/23/2012 1:52:26 AM   
Commanderski

quote:

New Features and Rule Changes 1. New Feature - Added ground element replacement information into the Event log. It is sorted by ground element class and type as in the production screen.

+1..... Just love that!

Post #: 27
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.06.03 Now Available! - 2/23/2012 4:56:55 AM   
DorianGray

Love the additional data in the turn event log.

Question - under what conditions result in TOE Elements being return to the national pool?

Post #: 28
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.06.03 Now Available! - 2/23/2012 6:15:51 AM   
Zebedee

As ever, appreciate the continued support for the game.

(in reply to DorianGray)
Post #: 29
RE: New WitE Public Beta 1.06.03 Now Available! - 2/24/2012 4:35:08 PM   
Brandle

If the updates are coming fast and we miss one like 1.06.00, can we just move on and use 1.06.03? I searched for 1.06.00 before applying 1.06.03 but was unable to find anything. I also searched around for an answer to my question in the freq asked questions but cant seem to find anything.

thanks

(in reply to Zebedee)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> New WitE Public Beta 1.06.03 Now Available! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI