Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Marine Corps Tanks (flame)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Marine Corps Tanks (flame) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Marine Corps Tanks (flame) - 1/17/2001 8:18:00 AM   
Jonathan1945

Was playing a Marine Campaign today ... I noticed one thing. My force was mainly based on the M3 Satan (The modified stuart flamethrower tank). Well, time rolled around, and the M4 Flame tank became available. However, for the 75mm-less Flame Sherman, the flamethrower is listed on the order of weapons /last/, as opposed to on the Satan, where it is the first weapon. As a result, it makes a very poor replacement for the Satans, which I decided to stick with. My question is: Is this intentional? An elite M3 Satan gets around 7 flame attacks a round, but when you transfer the crew to the M4, you receive many more machine-gun attacks, but only 2-ish flame attacks ...

Post #: 1
- 1/17/2001 8:24:00 AM   
zombie

Maybe the satan has too much flame, don`t those tanks only carry about 20/30 shots each? That 2 shots per round for the sherman might reflect this. BTW do you know if any flame tanks were at Guadacanal?

(in reply to Jonathan1945)
Post #: 2
- 1/17/2001 12:56:00 PM   
Randy

From what I have read, there were two versions of the M4 flame tank. One version had the flame tube in place of the main gun. The other version used a flame tube in place of the coax machine gun, and retained the main gun. That might be why there is a difference btwn the M3 and M4. The info is from "Marines Under Armor". I hope this helps. Semper Fi Randy

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

Post #: 3
- 1/17/2001 9:15:00 PM   
Warhorse

There were at least two versions of the M4 POA, one with the FT in the 75mm tube, the other with the FT in the BMG position, this is the one with the FT in the last spot, will look into the low number, probably just missed the number, that's what happens when you have to hurry ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Marine Corps Tanks (flame) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI