Marine Corps Tanks (flame) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Jonathan1945 -> Marine Corps Tanks (flame) (1/17/2001 8:18:00 AM)

Was playing a Marine Campaign today ... I noticed one thing. My force was mainly based on the M3 Satan (The modified stuart flamethrower tank). Well, time rolled around, and the M4 Flame tank became available. However, for the 75mm-less Flame Sherman, the flamethrower is listed on the order of weapons /last/, as opposed to on the Satan, where it is the first weapon. As a result, it makes a very poor replacement for the Satans, which I decided to stick with. My question is: Is this intentional? An elite M3 Satan gets around 7 flame attacks a round, but when you transfer the crew to the M4, you receive many more machine-gun attacks, but only 2-ish flame attacks ...

zombie -> (1/17/2001 8:24:00 AM)

Maybe the satan has too much flame, don`t those tanks only carry about 20/30 shots each? That 2 shots per round for the sherman might reflect this. BTW do you know if any flame tanks were at Guadacanal?

Randy -> (1/17/2001 12:56:00 PM)

From what I have read, there were two versions of the M4 flame tank. One version had the flame tube in place of the main gun. The other version used a flame tube in place of the coax machine gun, and retained the main gun. That might be why there is a difference btwn the M3 and M4. The info is from "Marines Under Armor". I hope this helps. Semper Fi Randy

Warhorse -> (1/17/2001 9:15:00 PM)

There were at least two versions of the M4 POA, one with the FT in the 75mm tube, the other with the FT in the BMG position, this is the one with the FT in the last spot, will look into the low number, probably just missed the number, that's what happens when you have to hurry [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/frown.gif[/img] ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI