Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

game crash

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> game crash Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
game crash - 3/9/2012 2:10:38 AM   
Grognard

After turn end the "checking replacements" box appears and about 6 pips appear in the bottom force line - then the game hangs. A click on the game screen produces a "(not responding)" in the title bar. I turned the sound off and changed nosound in the .ini to Y - still no help.

several ctrl-alt-deletes show 90,000k to 180,000k ! memory allocated and 50 in the CPU column

Windows XP SP3 patched to 3.4

Other turn saves and other scenarios are ok but both saves from this turn do it (I save the start of a turn and overwrite another save throughout the turn). I had an unexpected change in initiative so this is my second turn in a row.

Ouch and thanks for any help

< Message edited by Grognard -- 3/9/2012 2:36:56 AM >

Find 'em, Fix 'em, & Kill 'em
Post #: 1
RE: game crash - 3/9/2012 4:14:17 AM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grognard

After turn end the "checking replacements" box appears and about 6 pips appear in the bottom force line - then the game hangs. A click on the game screen produces a "(not responding)" in the title bar. I turned the sound off and changed nosound in the .ini to Y - still no help.

several ctrl-alt-deletes show 90,000k to 180,000k ! memory allocated and 50 in the CPU column

Windows XP SP3 patched to 3.4

Other turn saves and other scenarios are ok but both saves from this turn do it (I save the start of a turn and overwrite another save throughout the turn). I had an unexpected change in initiative so this is my second turn in a row.

Ouch and thanks for any help

You didn't wait long enough. The "not responding" message doesn't mean anything other than that the game isn't checking interupts while doing its calculations.

(in reply to Grognard)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> game crash Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI