game crash (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support

Grognard -> game crash (3/9/2012 2:10:38 AM)

After turn end the "checking replacements" box appears and about 6 pips appear in the bottom force line - then the game hangs. A click on the game screen produces a "(not responding)" in the title bar. I turned the sound off and changed nosound in the .ini to Y - still no help.

several ctrl-alt-deletes show 90,000k to 180,000k ! memory allocated and 50 in the CPU column

Windows XP SP3 patched to 3.4

Other turn saves and other scenarios are ok but both saves from this turn do it (I save the start of a turn and overwrite another save throughout the turn). I had an unexpected change in initiative so this is my second turn in a row.

Ouch and thanks for any help

Curtis Lemay -> RE: game crash (3/9/2012 4:14:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grognard

After turn end the "checking replacements" box appears and about 6 pips appear in the bottom force line - then the game hangs. A click on the game screen produces a "(not responding)" in the title bar. I turned the sound off and changed nosound in the .ini to Y - still no help.

several ctrl-alt-deletes show 90,000k to 180,000k ! memory allocated and 50 in the CPU column

Windows XP SP3 patched to 3.4

Other turn saves and other scenarios are ok but both saves from this turn do it (I save the start of a turn and overwrite another save throughout the turn). I had an unexpected change in initiative so this is my second turn in a row.

Ouch and thanks for any help

You didn't wait long enough. The "not responding" message doesn't mean anything other than that the game isn't checking interupts while doing its calculations.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI