Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why Won't They Disembark?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Why Won't They Disembark? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why Won't They Disembark? - 3/10/2012 1:49:35 PM   
edsan

Basically, I'm moving a unit with 6 cargoships (6 units embarked) towards the west. At the first enemy island there were no problems with selecting units and disembarking them (same as all my other random games).

However, when I load them back up after capturing the island (they have good AP and supply) and move further west to capture the next enemy island, the units will not disembark from the cargo ships. I can select the unit and the highlighted disembark button, but no disembark hexes become highlighted. The disembark hexes I'd like to unload onto are a "fields" and a "plains" with no apparent enemy units present (checked it out with destroyers going up to the shoreline....shouldn't I be able to unload directly into combat against an enemy unit if there was one there? i.e. a city). No one wants to attack this larger island.

Testing this, I tried going from the first captured enemy island and instead went north to land on the enemy mainland which is the same distance away from the first island as the second island (but, closer to where I originally came from). There is no problem (with or without a headquarters unit on the cargo ship unit) disembarking onto the enemy main continent. But, that's not where I want to be.

I've tried changing headquarters for the cargoships to shorten the range from HQ to cargoship (don't see that as an issue though if the ships have enough APs and supply), also to not have them connected to the 4th headquarters in a chain (just trying possibilities), and held the cargoships just offshore for a turn to have more AP when they pulled up to the shoreline.

What am I not not doing right/considering (I'm not the strongest naval rules person)?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Why Won't They Disembark? - 3/10/2012 1:59:54 PM   
edsan

DISREGARD......now I feel dumb.

I finally noticed (after banging my head against this for days) that the second island belongs to someone that I'm not at war with. :-(

In my defense, the pink shading of my long time enemy and this other "peace" AI is extremely close in color. I looked at it and looked at it again and they're about the same. The only way I picked up on it was as when my cursor over the land flicked to a different name.

.....I thought I'd worked on it long enough before bringing it to you guys to help out.

(in reply to edsan)
Post #: 2
RE: Why Won't They Disembark? - 3/10/2012 2:33:47 PM   
Josh

In your defense; happened to me too.
Maybe it should give you a warning (like the Civ. series did): "are you sure you want to invade this country and declare war? Yes/No"

(in reply to edsan)
Post #: 3
RE: Why Won't They Disembark? - 3/10/2012 2:44:58 PM   
82ndtrooper

also i dont think you can load and unload in same turn unless you unload while in a port

HHC 302nd Engineer Battalion
82nd Airborne Division
Honorably Discharged Jul/80

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 4
RE: Why Won't They Disembark? - 3/11/2012 4:43:27 PM   
edsan

82ndtrooper......good to know. Thanks.

(in reply to 82ndtrooper)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Why Won't They Disembark? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI