Why Won't They Disembark? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support

edsan -> Why Won't They Disembark? (3/10/2012 1:49:35 PM)

Basically, I'm moving a unit with 6 cargoships (6 units embarked) towards the west. At the first enemy island there were no problems with selecting units and disembarking them (same as all my other random games).

However, when I load them back up after capturing the island (they have good AP and supply) and move further west to capture the next enemy island, the units will not disembark from the cargo ships. I can select the unit and the highlighted disembark button, but no disembark hexes become highlighted. The disembark hexes I'd like to unload onto are a "fields" and a "plains" with no apparent enemy units present (checked it out with destroyers going up to the shoreline....shouldn't I be able to unload directly into combat against an enemy unit if there was one there? i.e. a city). No one wants to attack this larger island.

Testing this, I tried going from the first captured enemy island and instead went north to land on the enemy mainland which is the same distance away from the first island as the second island (but, closer to where I originally came from). There is no problem (with or without a headquarters unit on the cargo ship unit) disembarking onto the enemy main continent. But, that's not where I want to be.

I've tried changing headquarters for the cargoships to shorten the range from HQ to cargoship (don't see that as an issue though if the ships have enough APs and supply), also to not have them connected to the 4th headquarters in a chain (just trying possibilities), and held the cargoships just offshore for a turn to have more AP when they pulled up to the shoreline.

What am I not not doing right/considering (I'm not the strongest naval rules person)?

Thanks.

edsan -> RE: Why Won't They Disembark? (3/10/2012 1:59:54 PM)

DISREGARD......now I feel dumb.

I finally noticed (after banging my head against this for days) that the second island belongs to someone that I'm not at war with. :-(

In my defense, the pink shading of my long time enemy and this other "peace" AI is extremely close in color. I looked at it and looked at it again and they're about the same. The only way I picked up on it was as when my cursor over the land flicked to a different name.

.....I thought I'd worked on it long enough before bringing it to you guys to help out.

Josh -> RE: Why Won't They Disembark? (3/10/2012 2:33:47 PM)

In your defense; happened to me too.
Maybe it should give you a warning (like the Civ. series did): "are you sure you want to invade this country and declare war? Yes/No"

82ndtrooper -> RE: Why Won't They Disembark? (3/10/2012 2:44:58 PM)

also i dont think you can load and unload in same turn unless you unload while in a port

edsan -> RE: Why Won't They Disembark? (3/11/2012 4:43:27 PM)

82ndtrooper......good to know. Thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI