Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Battle Academy for iPad is Released!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Battle Academy Series >> Battle Academy >> Battle Academy for iPad is Released! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/14/2012 7:58:05 PM   
Erik Rutins

Slitherine and Matrix Games are proud to announce that their flagship product and award-winning strategy game Battle Academy has made the transition to mobile with the release on the Apple iPad! Available now, eager strategists can go on the Apple iTunes Store and download the game and play it on the go!

With the release of the 1.8.0 patch yesterday, players can now start or continue their multiplayer games of Battle Academy on their iPad. The award-winning PBEM++ system, the new generation of play-by-e-mail technology for turn-based games, has taken one step further to allow cross platform compatibility, so that a game can be started and continued on any platform.

Battle Academy can be downloaded from the Apple iTunes Store. Click here to purchase.

Iain McNeil, Development Director of the Slitherine and Matrix Games group of companies said: “This is not our first game for the iPad, but it’s definitely the first title that is fully focused to our core community of players. It’s a game like no other on the platform, with a technology that proves our dedication to the wargaming niche and a testament to our continued will to invest and innovate to grow the market”.

About Battle Academy

Approachable, absorbing and visually impressive yet detailed, Battle Academy revolutionizes the strategy games market with a blend of intuitive design and compelling game play driven by cutting edge technical innovation.

Inspired by an original online game concept devised by the BBC, the game has more than 30 battles in a range of theatres of war from the North African desert through D-Day to the to the snowy Ardennes mountains where the Allies battled to repel the final German offensive.

The team at Slitherine worked with Professor John Buckley, Military Historian at the University of Wolverhampton and a keen wargamer himself, to make sure that the strategy, tactics, scenarios and available firepower of the battles fought in WW2 were turned into realistic AI behavior, powering expertly crafted battles.

Get more information on Battle Academy from its official product page on the Slitherine or Matrix Games site.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/14/2012 8:46:49 PM   
blastpop

Apple products, thank you, no.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/14/2012 9:25:59 PM   
Grotius

A real wargame on an iPad? Thank you, yes! :)

(in reply to blastpop)
Post #: 3
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/14/2012 11:19:02 PM   
ruixilyy

Is the IPAD version completely identical to the PC version? I mean, the content (missions) of the three campaigns.

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 4
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/15/2012 12:07:29 AM   
PipFromSlitherine

The iPad version contains all the content of the PC and Mac versions. It runs from an identical data set - which is what allows you to play against (or continue your MP games from) the PC and Mac versions. Also means the ingame downloadable user content works as well!

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to ruixilyy)
Post #: 5
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/15/2012 12:59:13 AM   
Grotius

Downloading it now. Pricy for an iPad app, but I never bought the PC game, so that's how I'm rationalizing it. :)

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 6
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/15/2012 1:37:58 AM   
ruixilyy

SO it is the same thing. No need to buy it AGAIN.

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 7
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/15/2012 1:44:13 AM   
JFalk68

Is anyone else having trouble downloading it from the App Store? I am stuck at waiting...

(in reply to ruixilyy)
Post #: 8
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/15/2012 2:34:16 AM   
cccbss

I already buy PC version in Augest 2010. Did I need pay 20$ for ipad version? Not any privilege?

(in reply to JFalk68)
Post #: 9
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/15/2012 5:46:56 AM   
Grotius

Ruix, I had no problem downloading and installing the iPad game. Ran a bit of the tutorial, it worked fine.

My impression is that it's the exact same thing as the PC game. I have no idea if there's any discount for PC-game-owners, but my impression is not.

(in reply to cccbss)
Post #: 10
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/15/2012 9:14:53 AM   
laska2k8

there'll be something also for Iphone ?

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 11
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/15/2012 4:16:14 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

@ruix : It is the same game - the iPad allows you to play against PC or Mac players, or to continue ongoing MP games of yours from either PC, Mac, or iPad depending on where you are.

@laska : the UI wouldn't work on the phone-sized screen unfortunately.

In terms of giving some advantage to people who already have the game, it is unfortunately not allowed by the Apple store policies.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to laska2k8)
Post #: 12
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/15/2012 4:22:35 PM   
jjdenver

So is it the same as the first Battle Academy release and doesn't include any of the expansions (sealion, france, etc)? Too bad if so since I've played through all of the first game scenarios I think already. Any plans to add more scenarios? That would be the only carrot to buy it for people who already have the PC version of the first Battle Academy.

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 13
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/16/2012 2:29:33 AM   
cccbss

Infact ipad version and PC version no substantial difference. So I don't want to pay 20$ for another platform.

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 14
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/16/2012 4:02:58 AM   
cccbss

you can offer PROMO CODE (exchange code) for older buyer who purchased pc version with full payment!

(in reply to cccbss)
Post #: 15
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/16/2012 4:18:01 AM   
Splusmer

I believe an iOS developer/publisher can only give out 100 promo codes, and I don't think Apple's rules/terms allow a publisher to sell those codes.

That said, I do wish the iOS version at least included some expansions for $20.

(in reply to cccbss)
Post #: 16
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/16/2012 10:58:30 AM   
IainMcNeil

You are only allowed 50 promo codes these days. These are all needed for the press to review the game.

In addition Apple policy forbids us from giving out codes to people who bought something else as its seen as a way of bypassing their revenue collection and manipulating store charts so it would get us banned from the store. So as things stand I think its very unlikely Apple will allow anything like this in the short to mid term so unfortunately there is nothign we are able to do to offer any kind of discount to owners on other platforms. Its exactly the same as if you were looking at a PS3 or X360 version. You'd have a hard to convincing Microsoft or Sony to let you have a free copy because you had the PC version :) iOS is a different platform and needs to be thought about in that way.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Splusmer)
Post #: 17
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/17/2012 6:41:37 AM   
Canuck_jp

Hope you guys are successful and put out an Android version and then I'll buy it!

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 18
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/17/2012 6:00:33 PM   
z1812

I was actually expecting to see more forum traffic regarding this title. Hopefully there will be enough interest and sales that future and past games will be considered for the iPad. My best to Matrix and Slitherine with this release.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 19
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/18/2012 1:03:03 PM   
JDM

I thought you might be interested in the points from our press release, it's all looking very good so far, Battle Academy has made it into the top 10 strategy charts across Europe, including France, Italy, Germany, Spain, and the UK, and the top 20 in the U.S. And that’s just after its first few days and if you forget the free to play games it’s actually charting in the top three!!!

Their has been a huge amount of chatter about the premium price, but this hasn’t stopped it climbing the charts and the player feedback reports on iTune is awsome. Wargames are not mass market sellers in the Angry Birds sense and if we are to make more games for the new tablets we need to make a return on our investment. Fortunately, So far the momentum behind Battle Academy has been exceptional and shows no sign of slowing down. We think that the cross-platform support in multiplayer, that we have created will prove highly popular and so far that is proving to be the caseSo its not just the game itself we have invested in but the whole cross platform gaming experience.
Regards
JDM

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 20
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/18/2012 4:25:00 PM   
jjdenver

How do iPad apps work exactly? If I buy one on my current iPad2 then I upgrade to the new iPad3 - do I get to take the app with me using my apple account? Or do I have to buy it again? Anyone know?

(in reply to JDM)
Post #: 21
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/18/2012 5:38:47 PM   
z1812

When you sync your iPad to iTunes all your apps are saved to iTunes. You can also sync to the cloud. So what ever apps you buy will always be available to you.

The above actually stores the contents of your iPad.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=sync+ipad+to+itunes&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 22
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/19/2012 10:42:59 AM   
IainMcNeil

Usually everyone has one iTunes account which allows up to ~5 devices (iPad, iPhone, iMac etc) to be linked to it. You can always remove old ones and add new ones. Any software bought to the account is accessible to all devices on teh account. So if you buy a game on iPad2 and upgrade to iPad3 you'll be able to download the game for free, assuming it isl inked to your iTunes account. The same applies to all inApp purchases.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 23
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/19/2012 4:36:03 PM   
balenami1291

I' own an android samsung tablet!!

Are the any chance to see this game on my tablet ??

< Message edited by mi1291 -- 3/19/2012 4:37:37 PM >

Angelo Balena Ricci

Intek i5 m520 2,5mhz
6 mega ram
Nvidia 525 1 giga ram

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 24
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 3/20/2012 12:31:14 AM   
hewwo

Great! a serious wargame for on my ipad! very very cool

(in reply to balenami1291)
Post #: 25
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 4/3/2012 11:46:51 PM   
Moltke71

I initially had problems with the original iPad release; couldn't unselect the first selected unit. Today's update fixed that. Unchained from my desktop. Free at last, free at last, thank God, I'm free at last!

Jim Cobb

(in reply to hewwo)
Post #: 26
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 4/5/2012 5:49:58 AM   
Kubel

iPad Games, more beer
SWEET!!!

Don
"Our profession should always be crowned by heroic death in battle" Generalfeldmarschall Fedor von Bock

(in reply to Moltke71)
Post #: 27
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 8/31/2012 12:09:38 AM   
SWHodges22

YES Android!!! I like many PC users am going Android.

(in reply to Kubel)
Post #: 28
RE: Battle Academy for iPad is Released! - 8/7/2015 5:36:45 PM   
Anabella888

Please tell us do it worth to buy ipad for such kind of games ?

(in reply to SWHodges22)
Post #: 29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Battle Academy Series >> Battle Academy >> Battle Academy for iPad is Released! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI