Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Replacement pool pilot exp

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Replacement pool pilot exp Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Replacement pool pilot exp - 4/7/2012 8:54:22 PM   
Miller

I'm a bit puzzled by this. Just hit 44 in my game playing as the Japs.

I had noticed a steady drop in pilot exp for new pilots completing the 12 months training program, down to roughly 36ish for Army and 32ish for Navy (might be the other way round, cant remember).

I understand this reflects the steady decline in overall pilot training in real life. However both figures have suddenly risen to 38........is there a reason for this? I do have quite a few veterans in TRACOM, but only for the purpose of keeping them in reserve for the more advanced airframes later in the game. Has this made some sort of difference? Can't say I have noticed this in the past...........
Post #: 1
RE: Replacement pool pilot exp - 4/8/2012 12:02:13 AM   
KenchiSulla

Scenario 2?

AFAIK numbers only go up if you draw fewer pilots into operational units then you are graduating from flight school but I am a bit puzzled by the numbers I am seeing so I could be wrong...

You had a period where you overdrew into training units but now you are taking it more slowly? If you are getting low on pilots in the Pilot reserve pool you will start to graduate pilots early at the cost of experience.

< Message edited by Cannonfodder -- 4/8/2012 12:06:55 AM >

AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 2
RE: Replacement pool pilot exp - 4/8/2012 6:19:48 AM   
Puhis

I've noticed that replacement pilot quality steadily drops during the year. Then it jumps up in January.

(in reply to KenchiSulla)
Post #: 3
RE: Replacement pool pilot exp - 4/8/2012 1:31:39 PM   
Miller

quote:

ORIGINAL: Puhis

I've noticed that replacement pilot quality steadily drops during the year. Then it jumps up in January.

That is what appears to have happened in my game.

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 4
RE: Replacement pool pilot exp - 4/8/2012 1:35:32 PM   
vinnie1912

Also noticed this and my guess based on a complete lack of knowledge and/or facts is that the higher exp pilots are drawn first which lowers the average exp rating over time. When training finishes the next pilots temporarily boost the average exp and the cycle repeats.

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Replacement pool pilot exp Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI