Replacement pool pilot exp (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Miller -> Replacement pool pilot exp (4/7/2012 8:54:22 PM)

I'm a bit puzzled by this. Just hit 44 in my game playing as the Japs.

I had noticed a steady drop in pilot exp for new pilots completing the 12 months training program, down to roughly 36ish for Army and 32ish for Navy (might be the other way round, cant remember).

I understand this reflects the steady decline in overall pilot training in real life. However both figures have suddenly risen to 38........is there a reason for this? I do have quite a few veterans in TRACOM, but only for the purpose of keeping them in reserve for the more advanced airframes later in the game. Has this made some sort of difference? Can't say I have noticed this in the past...........

KenchiSulla -> RE: Replacement pool pilot exp (4/8/2012 12:02:13 AM)

Scenario 2?

AFAIK numbers only go up if you draw fewer pilots into operational units then you are graduating from flight school but I am a bit puzzled by the numbers I am seeing so I could be wrong...

You had a period where you overdrew into training units but now you are taking it more slowly? If you are getting low on pilots in the Pilot reserve pool you will start to graduate pilots early at the cost of experience.

Puhis -> RE: Replacement pool pilot exp (4/8/2012 6:19:48 AM)

I've noticed that replacement pilot quality steadily drops during the year. Then it jumps up in January. [&:]

Miller -> RE: Replacement pool pilot exp (4/8/2012 1:31:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Puhis

I've noticed that replacement pilot quality steadily drops during the year. Then it jumps up in January. [&:]

That is what appears to have happened in my game.

vinnie1912 -> RE: Replacement pool pilot exp (4/8/2012 1:35:32 PM)

Also noticed this and my guess based on a complete lack of knowledge and/or facts is that the higher exp pilots are drawn first which lowers the average exp rating over time. When training finishes the next pilots temporarily boost the average exp and the cycle repeats.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI