Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

When do you withdraw LCU for R&R? Todd is welcome

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> When do you withdraw LCU for R&R? Todd is welcome Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
When do you withdraw LCU for R&R? Todd is welcome - 4/8/2012 10:28:31 AM   
SierraJuliet

I think this is my first question to the forum. My apologies if this is yet another topic already discussed and hidden somewhere amongst all these informative threads.

I’m still working my way towards the end of WITP with Todd. After a very deplorable use of my Japanese Burma Army (almost completely lost to a unit) I have managed to stage a recovery of sorts at Tavoy and on the gates of Bangkok. Rather regrettably, I have played most of the game without proper regard for the process of looking after my hard pressed troops. Recently I have taken the opportunity to withdraw one of my mauled brigades from the defence of Krung Thep and have been watching the slow return of AV points as well as the drop in disruption and fatigue. The only thing which appears to take a long time to return is morale. It is an interesting process and one which I wish I had taken an interest in quite some time before.

My question is this. What are the strategies employed (particularly when on the attack) to maintain a LCU in tip top fighting form. Are there specific aspects of the LCU unit make up, such as morale, disruption, fatigue and AV that you look out for or is it a combination. Or do you set a bench mark, say AV is down to below 60%, and decide it is time to pull them out and given them a break.

Kido Butai, although powerful, was a raiding force, and this is exactly how the Japanese understood its usage. 'Shattered Sword'
Post #: 1
RE: When do you withdraw LCU for R&R? Todd is welcome - 4/8/2012 12:01:41 PM   
dorjun driver

quote:

ORIGINAL: SierraJuliet

I think this is my first question to the forum. My apologies if this is yet another topic already discussed and hidden somewhere amongst...

My question is this. What are the strategies employed (particularly when on the attack) to maintain a LCU in tip top fighting form. Are there specific aspects of the LCU unit make up, such as morale, ...

慰安婦

x - ARPAnaut
x - ACM
x - AES
Current - Bum

The paths of glory may lead you to the grave, but the paths of duty may not get you anywhere.
JT

(in reply to SierraJuliet)
Post #: 2
RE: When do you withdraw LCU for R&R? Todd is welcome - 4/8/2012 7:04:52 PM   
crsutton

Strictly depends on the situation. I rest em when I can but if you have a chance to punish the enemy more than you will lose then I don't hold back. On defense, it is another matter and depends on what the enemy will allow. Ideally, a full strength unit is optional but that rarely happens. I suppose in a perfect world I would rest them when they get to 80% effectiveness. Morale is an issue as well.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to dorjun driver)
Post #: 3
RE: When do you withdraw LCU for R&R? Todd is welcome - 4/19/2012 12:37:53 AM   
SierraJuliet

Thanks crsutton. I’ve been looking at the morale issue and sadly haven’t properly comprehended how to revoer morale until now. Again this relates to WITP and therefore I’m not sure how it would relate to AE. In the rule book it states that units remove disruption every turn, and will generally remove even high levels of disruption with a few days (recovering fatigue, however, takes far longer). I have been watching the progress of units removed from combat and they are fairly well knocked around with high disruption and low (9) levels of morale. What I noted was that the morale did not begin to recover until disruption fell to 0 and every time disruption moved above 0 morale recovery would be put on hold. It also seems to be that the higher the starting level of morale (say anything over 50) the harder it becomes to improve upon that level. Does anyone know if this plays out the same in AE?

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 4
RE: When do you withdraw LCU for R&R? Todd is welcome - 4/19/2012 12:45:20 AM   
SierraJuliet

Ah dorjun driver. It took me a while but I have finally spent the google time to work out your response. Very clever. I now realize why my troops are recovering their morale in Bangkok.

quote:

ORIGINAL: dorjun driver

quote:

ORIGINAL: SierraJuliet

I think this is my first question to the forum. My apologies if this is yet another topic already discussed and hidden somewhere amongst...

My question is this. What are the strategies employed (particularly when on the attack) to maintain a LCU in tip top fighting form. Are there specific aspects of the LCU unit make up, such as morale, ...

ˆÔˆÀ•w

(in reply to dorjun driver)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> When do you withdraw LCU for R&R? Todd is welcome Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI