Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor troy (A)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor troy (A) Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/6/2012 3:23:02 PM   
crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: DRF99

quote:

ordered my bombers from Melbourne to attack the enemy tank Army landing at Port Augusta and in good weather we do some nice damage... this attack nearly had the PBEM being abandoned as result as I was told that this turn had to be redone because I have used my B-17 at 6000ft. Now there was never a hr for 4E A2G attacks, only for nav attack below 10000ft and I replied that I would never redo that turn... I was forced into a new hr of no 4E on ground attack below 10000ft as result, otherwise my opponent would have dropped the game as he said the 4E (not even three dozen of them mind you) would kill his Army in Australia alone... funny, someone throws all realism over board doing those crazy invasions that are nothing but pure game fantasy and then insists my 4E are too powerful - this is Babeslite, bomb effect was HALVED!

at least in the end he had to admit that there was no hr I have broken but the game only continued with a new hr on 4E... that the 40 Marauders did far more damage here is for sure...

I'm a long time lurker on the forums and greatly enjoy your AARs but really have to comment on this: I find it really dissapointing that an opponent who constantly pushes the game rules to the breaking point would insist on a new HR at this point. I think it really reflects badly on Bluebook.

IMO, a bunch of tin can IJA tanks and tankettes running around Australia would have been mauled by bombers in real life so it's a bit rich to complain about it happening in the game.

Cheers,
DRF

Couldn't agree more. Your opponent appears to be the typical JFB who overexploits every over the top advantage the game designers gave to the Japanese while demanding that one of the only real threats the Allies have be nerfed by a house rule. I would recommend you look for a real man for an opponent in place of this spoiled child.

Yep, agree with all of the above. I can't respect a player who would use the threat of termination over a disagreement and don't think I would want to continue. He will do it again and if things go bad for him it in the future use a slight disagreement to end the game. Quite frankly, this is a serious issue and does not bode well.

You need to go back to him and make it clear that you are committed to the end with the HR you have established and if he intends to use this ploy in the future then you should terminate right away. And then post it on the forum for everybody to see. Quite frankly, based on this one incident, I would never agree to play this guy under any circumstances.

You can copy this to the guy for all I care.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 361
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/6/2012 4:39:08 PM   
Historiker

Its not really nice to jump into jugdements about the character of someone else without hearing both sides.
And for what I know, CT wasn't someone who wouldn't draft HRs in Japan's favour in his games as Nippon, either. He surely was able to justify each of them, but the justification always lies in the individual eye, too.

I really don't intend trying to offend CT in any way by writing that. It should just show that there are different viewpoints on each matter. I judged CTs HRs being too Japanese friendly, while my opponentens propably would say the same thing about the HRs I proposed.

< Message edited by Historiker -- 4/6/2012 4:46:38 PM >

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 362
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/6/2012 6:14:23 PM   
Andav

As a Japanese player, you pretty much know any unit out in the open within range of Allied bombers will probably get bombed into oblivion within a few days. It is why landing two armored units waaaaaay behind Allied lines is a really bad idea. Even dropping the 4Es from the strike package, those units will not last very long under the weight of 2Es. I hope they were not a key element to his plan.

Wa

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 363
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/6/2012 6:45:58 PM   
mdiehl

quote:

Historically it was totally impossible to destroy entire combat formation of a division just by dropping bombs at 10000 feet...

Um, actually, during WW2 it was historically done on several occasions, most famously in the opening stage of Op. Cobra. Using B17s at 6000-10000 feet to attack ground formations is both historically legitimate and historically effective.

Show me a fellow who rejects statistical analysis a priori and I'll show you a fellow who has no knowledge of statistics.

Didn't we have this conversation already?

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 364
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/6/2012 6:58:36 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

ORIGINAL: mdiehl

quote:

Historically it was totally impossible to destroy entire combat formation of a division just by dropping bombs at 10000 feet...

Um, actually, during WW2 it was historically done on several occasions, most famously in the opening stage of Op. Cobra. Using B17s at 6000-10000 feet to attack ground formations is both historically legitimate and historically effective.

Especially against armor and support .. it parlyzed German armor .. along with disrupting formations ..

I can say although that operation Cobra used thousands of bombers while this game one can produce results with a few hundred ...but .. it is a sutible distraction to moving armor in the open without air superiority.. that is a very fair part of this game IMHO ...

(in reply to mdiehl)
Post #: 365
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/6/2012 7:13:17 PM   
Puhis

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

quote:

quote:

Especially against armor and support .. it parlyzed German armor .. along with disrupting formations ..

I can say although that operation Cobra used thousands of bombers while this game one can produce results with a few hundred ...but .. it is a sutible distraction to moving armor in the open without air superiority.. that is a very fair part of this game IMHO ...

Please no Operation Cobra again. That operation took lot of time and effort for allies, and thousands of planes. And it didn't even destroy Panzer Lehr, they regrouped and fought back, but were heavily outnumbered.

In stock game allied player can destroy a tank regiment in one day without any recon, and infantry division in three days, just using about 500 bombers. Bombers can kill every single men, vehicle and gun in 40 nm hex. Historically impossible. Together with ahistorically high air operation tempo, that is an issue. And I really hope Babes have now fixed that.

But that got nothing to do with Castor's tread. Move along...

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 366
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/6/2012 7:24:09 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

ORIGINAL: Puhis

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

quote:

quote:

Please no Operation Cobra again. That operation took lot of time and effort for allies, and thousands of planes. And it didn't even destroy Panzer Lehr, they regrouped and fought back, but were heavily outnumbered.

In stock game allied player can destroy a tank regiment in one day without any recon, and infantry division in three days, just using about 500 bombers. Bombers can kill every single men, vehicle and gun in 40 nm hex. Historically impossible. Together with ahistorically high air operation tempo, that is an issue. And I really hope Babes have now fixed that.

But that got nothing to do with Castor's tread. Move along...

And what right do you have to be so rude? I thought my post presented the crux of the situation which is the discouragement of armor moving in the open. I am not sure that enititles you to be an A-hole .. BTW) A look at my game and I am not destroying but 10 - 20 tanks a shot given a hundred bombers in the open ...so I am not sure from which you find your facts ...

But .. that said .. I can simply ignore you ...

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 367
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/6/2012 7:31:56 PM   
Puhis

My intension was not to be rude, I apologize. But I still think this thread is not right place to discuss of Operation Cobra or historical abilities of level bombers.

And resently I lost japanese tank regiment in one day. Allies did not even recon that hex, they just bombed it.

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 368
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/6/2012 7:45:54 PM   
mdiehl

quote:

In stock game allied player can destroy a tank regiment in one day without any recon, and infantry division in three days, just using about 500 bombers. Bombers can kill every single men, vehicle and gun in 40 nm hex. Historically impossible.

It depends on what you think an "electronic kill" represents. Pretty much always "rendered mission inoperable" has been my view of the results in this and every other consim. Could 500 unopposed bombers in the course of three days completely eliminate an infantry division as a combat capable force? Yes. Easily. Especially when you consider the context reported in this AAR. Armor and infantry drawing supply from a beach head assaulting an enemy position without sufficient air support to even contest the bombers. Could heavy bombers do it historically? Yes they could and they did.

Seems to me that the complaint is that the allies are using one of the few tools available to achieve results that they historically achieved in the face of an operation that the Japanese could not physically ever have undertaken owing to lack of logistic and air support.

The Brits threw alot more a.c. into supporting their landings in Op. Jubilee and got CRUSHED. The idea that a Japanese force landing in southern Australia would be utterly emasculated by airpower within days and likely mopped up by ground forces within a couple weeks is wholly reasonable, even if the airpower used is ALL strategic bombers.

Show me a fellow who rejects statistical analysis a priori and I'll show you a fellow who has no knowledge of statistics.

Didn't we have this conversation already?

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 369
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/6/2012 9:25:01 PM   
crsutton

quote:

quote:

Yes, an with their pitiful AA assets and very little motor transport, any Japanese unit moving in open terrain in Oz would have probably been eaten alive. Tank units as well as they had no AA to speak of.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to mdiehl)
Post #: 370
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/6/2012 9:35:40 PM   
crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

Its not really nice to jump into jugdements about the character of someone else without hearing both sides.
And for what I know, CT wasn't someone who wouldn't draft HRs in Japan's favour in his games as Nippon, either. He surely was able to justify each of them, but the justification always lies in the individual eye, too.

I really don't intend trying to offend CT in any way by writing that. It should just show that there are different viewpoints on each matter. I judged CTs HRs being too Japanese friendly, while my opponentens propably would say the same thing about the HRs I proposed.

Well, different viewpoints, even disagreement with no resolution are fine. But threatening to terminate a game if you do not get your way is a serious issue. His opponent may have his side to tell, but he won't ever need to tell it to me...

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 371
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/6/2012 10:01:20 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

Well, different viewpoints, even disagreement with no resolution are fine. But threatening to terminate a game if you do not get your way is a serious issue. His opponent may have his side to tell, but he won't ever need to tell it to me...

you are right. That's not nice.

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 372
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/8/2012 4:02:13 PM   
castor troy

Hey guys, lots of replies here.

Trying to summarize, well, of course there is only my word here in my AAR, take it or not, I was told I either go with no 4E on ground attack below 10000ft or the game would be abandoned. Not much choice, I said I would by no means redo that turn as I have not broken any hr and so we went on with a hr on the 4E after the turn the enemy used the amphib bonus to land at Port Augusta. Taking away what happened right the next turn, he landed halve a dozen divisions there in one turn. Hey ho, all heil to the idiotic amphib bonus.

This PBEM is Babeslite, bomb effect was halved. So every B-17 in the mod is worth two Hudson I when it comes down to bombload. So who is afraid of Hudson I dropping four 250lb bombs each in stock? I am with the guys here saying my bombers should be able to whipe the floor with a Japanese Army that came WITHOUT any flak and no airsupport. Let me ask the question why there is no flak? If I can force my opponent to use my bombers in a way they don't do as much damage as they could, I wouldn't need to bring flak I guess. You know, I wouldn't even use my 4E at 6000ft if there would be just a little flak as they are just too valuable, but why shouldn't I use them at 100ft when all the Japanese can do is throwing a stone at my bombers?

The game is roughly two weeks ahead of the AAR and there will be a lot of really hot turns to be posted and like I have said before, the title of this thread is ending an IJ wet dream and I've also said it surely won't go according to bluebook's plan and I can guarantee you this already.

As to the strategic situation, I can only repeat myselve. He took a lot of ground, he is impressively organized in taking EMPTY ground and this is what he did so far and this is what I let him do without real opposition as there was just no reason to oppose him where he advanced. After the loss of Fiji and New Caledonia he was stalled at Canton Island and didn't go further towards Hawaii. He went for all the empty flags and dots in SOPAC. Doesn't matter after the loss of Fiji and New Caledonia. I had to focus elsewhere, I was 90% sure he would go for Australia. Where he lands now is realistically speaking totally crazy but the game lets him do so, be it. I am sure he will pay a heavy price for doing so and we are just about to strike back.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 373
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/8/2012 4:49:31 PM   
castor troy

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Mar 16, 42
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amphibious Assault at 75,160

TF 234 troops unloading over beach at 75,160

Japanese ground losses:
12 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

13 troops of a IJA Para Squad accidentally lost during unload of 1st Raiding Rgt
13 troops of a IJA Para Squad lost from landing craft during unload of 1st Raiding Rgt

bluebook lands this para unit at a NON BASE hex right one hex South of Port Augusta to block my reinforcements coming in on the railline and to block the retreat path of my units at Port Augusta... I pretty much freaked out about him landing at a non base hex and he said this was due to my 4E attacking Port Augusta... the discussion about the 4E, then landing at a non base hex and there will be two more issues within the next two weeks we totally disagree on which have led me to thinking about dropping the game for more than one time... it is obvious that he wants to play it in an "all goes" style when there is no hr on it, so funny...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Air attack on Adelaide , at 75,163

Weather in hex: Heavy rain

Raid spotted at 15 NM, estimated altitude 2,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 8 minutes

Japanese aircraft
F1M2 Pete x 9

No Japanese losses

Runway hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
9 x F1M2 Pete bombing from 1000 feet
Airfield Attack: 2 x 30 kg GP Bomb

I am not a night bombing fan but if the IJ thinks that is a good idea, I will surely go ahead and mass my 4E at some point to plaster a stacked enemy airfield at night... my P-40E were ordered to fly back to Melbourne as I expected the IJN to do a massive nav bombardment against my airfield...

and this is what he does...

Night Naval bombardment of Port Augusta at 75,159

Japanese Ships
BB Hyuga
BB Ise
DD Nagatsuki
DD Fumizuki
DD Minazuki

Allied ground losses:
264 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 12 destroyed, 29 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled

Airbase hits 10
Airbase supply hits 5
Runway hits 10
Port hits 16
Port supply hits 2

E8N2 Dave acting as spotter for BB Hyuga
BB Hyuga firing at Port Augusta
BB Ise firing at Port Augusta
DD Nagatsuki firing at 6th Aus Cav Brigade
DD Fumizuki firing at Port Augusta
DD Minazuki firing at Port Augusta

Japanese Ships
CA Mikuma
CA Mogami
DD Ayanami
DD Hagikaze

Allied ground losses:
78 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 19 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 4
Port hits 5
Port supply hits 4

CA Mikuma firing at Port Augusta
CA Mogami firing at RAAF OTU Augusta
DD Ayanami firing at 6th Aus Cav Brigade
DD Hagikaze firing at Port Augusta

the IJN appears in force off Southern Australia and the first bombardments go in at Port Augusta...

Japanese Ships
CA Suzuya
CL Tatsuta
CL Tenryu
CL Tama

Allied ground losses:
41 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled

Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 2
Port hits 2

CA Suzuya firing at Port Augusta
CL Tatsuta firing at RAAF OTU Augusta
CL Tenryu firing at 6th Aus Cav Brigade
CL Tama firing at 6th Aus Cav Brigade

Night Naval bombardment of Adelaide at 75,163 - Coastal Guns Fire Back!

20 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Japanese Ships
CA Aoba
CA Chokai
CA Chikuma
CL Kinu
CL Yura
CL Isuzu
CL Sendai

while this crusier force hits Adelaide hard... good idea to abandon the airfield... but all these cruisers and battleships used up most of their main gun ammo now and have to replenish somwhere...

Allied ground losses:
185 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 5 disabled
Non Combat: 2 destroyed, 18 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 8 disabled

Manpower hits 3
Fires 316
Airbase hits 6
Airbase supply hits 3
Runway hits 44
Port hits 10
Port fuel hits 1
Port supply hits 1

F1M2 Pete acting as spotter for CA Aoba
CA Aoba firing at Adelaide
CA Chokai firing at Largs Fortress
Largs Fortress firing at CA Chokai
E13A1 Jake acting as spotter for CA Chikuma
CA Chikuma firing at Largs Fortress
CL Kinu firing at Adelaide
CL Yura firing at Largs Fortress
Largs Fortress firing at CL Yura
CL Isuzu firing at Adelaide
CL Sendai firing at Largs Fortress
Largs Fortress firing at CL Sendai

Pre-Invasion action off Port Augusta (75,159)
Defensive Guns engage approaching landing force

35 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Japanese Ships
CA Nachi
CL Kiso
DD Arare
DD Nowaki
LSD Shinshu Maru

Japanese ground losses:
7 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
222 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 11 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 27 disabled

CA Nachi firing at 6th Aus Cav Brigade
CL Kiso firing at RAAF OTU Augusta
DD Arare firing at 6th Aus Cav Brigade
DD Nowaki firing at RAAF OTU Augusta
Defensive Guns fire at approaching troops in landing craft at 4,000 yards
Defensive Guns fire at approaching troops in landing craft at 2,000 yards

Amphibious Assault at Port Augusta (75,159)

TF 250 troops unloading over beach at Port Augusta, 75,159

Japanese ground losses:
752 casualties reported
Squads: 67 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 18 destroyed, 0 disabled
Vehicles lost 5 (5 destroyed, 0 disabled)

here we go, the silly amphib bonus still valid the enemy lands four IJA divisions plus a hell a lot of support troops at Port Augusta... it will take him a laughable ONE day to do this, Operation Overlord is a joke compared what the Japanese can do using a funny game design decision and five or six dozen transports... amazingly, there were more than 3 squads destroyed during the landing but all in all, we are probably talking about only 3-5% of the enemy's combat strenght...

Motorized Support lost from landing craft during unload of 3rd Air Div
17 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad accidentally lost during unload of 21st Div /3
19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost from landing craft during unload of 33rd Div /2
12 Engineers lost in surf during unload of 23rd Ind. Engr Rgt
12 Engineers lost from landing craft during unload of 4th Ind. Engr Rgt
12 Naval Support troops lost overboard during unload of 3rd Fleet
12 Naval Support troops lost in surf during unload of 3rd Fleet
12 Naval Support troops lost overboard during unload of 3rd Fleet
12 Naval Support troops lost from landing craft during unload of 3rd Fleet
12 Support troops accidentally lost during unload of 25th Army /1
Motorized Support dropped into water during unload of 25th Army /1
Motorized Support lost from landing craft during unload of 25th Army /1
12 Support troops lost from landing craft during unload of 25th Army /1
16 troops of a IJA Engineer Squad lost from landing craft during unload of 21st Div /5
17 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost from landing craft during unload of 21st Div /5
17 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost overboard during unload of 21st Div /5
17 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost from landing craft during unload of 21st Div /5
19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost in surf during unload of 33rd Div /3
16 troops of a IJA Engineer Squad lost overboard during unload of Imperial Guards Div
17 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost in surf during unload of Imperial Guards Div
17 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost in surf during unload of Imperial Guards Div /2
17 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad accidentally lost during unload of Imperial Guards Div /2
17 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost from landing craft during unload of Imperial Guards Div /2
17 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost in surf during unload of Imperial Guards Div /3
17 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost overboard during unload of Imperial Guards Div /3
17 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad accidentally lost during unload of Imperial Guards Div /3
17 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost in surf during unload of Imperial Guards Div /3
37mm Type 01 AT Gun accidentally lost during unload of 18th Div
70mm T92 Howitzer lost in surf during unload of 18th Div
75mm Infantry Gun dropped into water during unload of 18th Div
75mm T94 Mtn Gun damaged beyond repair during unload of 18th Div
17 troops of a IJA Motorized Squad accidentally lost during unload of 18th Div
17 troops of a IJA Motorized Squad lost overboard during unload of 18th Div
19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad accidentally lost during unload of 18th Div
10 troops of a IJA HMG Section lost in surf during unload of 18th Div /2
19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost overboard during unload of 18th Div /2
19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad accidentally lost during unload of 18th Div /2
19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost in surf during unload of 18th Div /2
19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad accidentally lost during unload of 18th Div /3
19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad accidentally lost during unload of 18th Div /3
19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost overboard during unload of 18th Div /3
19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost in surf during unload of 18th Div /4
19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost overboard during unload of 18th Div /4
19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad accidentally lost during unload of 18th Div /4
19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad accidentally lost during unload of 18th Div /4
17 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad accidentally lost during unload of Imperial Guards Div /4
17 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost from landing craft during unload of Imperial Guards Div /4
12 Support troops lost in surf during unload of Imperial Guards Div /4
17 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost from landing craft during unload of Imperial Guards Div /4
19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost overboard during unload of 33rd Div /4
19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost from landing craft during unload of 33rd Div /4
19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad accidentally lost during unload of 33rd Div /4
19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad accidentally lost during unload of 33rd Div /4
19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost from landing craft during unload of 33rd Div /4
19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost overboard during unload of 33rd Div
19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost from landing craft during unload of 33rd Div
19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost in surf during unload of 33rd Div
12 Engineers lost from landing craft during unload of 7th JAAF Base Force
17 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost overboard during unload of 17th JAAF AF Bn
12 Support troops lost in surf during unload of 21st JAAF AF Bn
12 Engineers lost from landing craft during unload of 4th Ind. Engr Rgt
12 Naval Support troops lost from landing craft during unload of 11th Shipping Engr Rgt
16 troops of a IJA Engineer Squad lost in surf during unload of 2nd Engr Rgt
16 troops of a IJA Engineer Squad lost from landing craft during unload of 2nd Engr Rgt
Motorized Support lost overboard during unload of 7th JAAF Base Force /2
12 Aviation Support troops lost overboard during unload of 3rd Air Div
Motorized Support damaged beyond repair during unload of 25th Army
12 Support troops lost from landing craft during unload of 25th Army

Invasion Support action off Port Augusta (75,159)

17 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Japanese Ships
CA Nachi
CL Kiso
DD Nowaki
LSD Shinshu Maru
DD Arare

CL Kiso firing at 6th Aus Cav Brigade
Defensive Guns fire at approaching troops in landing craft at 1,000 yards

TF 240 encounters mine field at Adelaide (75,163)

Japanese Ships
DD Kuroshio

2 mines cleared

Morning Air attack on 6th Aus Cav Brigade, at 75,159 (Port Augusta)

Weather in hex: Severe storms

Raid spotted at 20 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 7 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 31
B5N2 Kate x 64
D3A1 Val x 51

Japanese aircraft losses
B5N2 Kate: 1 damaged
D3A1 Val: 5 damaged

Allied ground losses:
58 casualties reported
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 10 disabled

even the carriers fly A2G attacks which wouldn't have been necessary... my reinforcements freeze on the railline towards Port Augusta due to the landing in a non base hex and the naval bombardments have done enough damage... in the end with four IJA divisions coming ashore bluebook didn't do him a favour with his non base hex invasion as my reinforcements wouldn't have been able to stop the IJA divs (I thought I had to only fight his tank Army) so he would have wrecked a nice number of my units... to be honest, serves him well... you know, it's a pity to encounter such tactics just because there is no hr on it, but I can asure you, every of those special tactics won't be forgotten and I can pay back everything with a 10:1 ratio...

Aircraft Attacking:
7 x D3A1 Val releasing from 1000'
Ground Attack: 1 x 250 kg GP Bomb
17 x B5N2 Kate bombing from 8000 feet
Ground Attack: 2 x 250 kg GP Bomb
11 x D3A1 Val releasing from 2000'
22 x B5N2 Kate bombing from 8000 feet
10 x D3A1 Val releasing from 2000'
25 x B5N2 Kate bombing from 8000 feet
4 x D3A1 Val releasing from 2000'
5 x D3A1 Val releasing from 3000'
6 x D3A1 Val releasing from 1000'
4 x D3A1 Val releasing from 3000'
4 x D3A1 Val releasing from 3000'

Morning Air attack on Manila USAAF Base Force, at 80,76 (Cabanatuan)

Weather in hex: Overcast

Raid spotted at 10 NM, estimated altitude 11,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 3 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21-Ic Sally x 25
Ki-21-IIa Sally x 29
Ki-30 Ann x 33
Ki-36 Ida x 12
Ki-48-Ib Lily x 27
Ki-51 Sonia x 15

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21-Ic Sally: 5 damaged
Ki-21-IIa Sally: 8 damaged
Ki-36 Ida: 1 damaged
Ki-51 Sonia: 2 damaged

Allied ground losses:
245 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 4 disabled
Non Combat: 3 destroyed, 28 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 3 disabled
Guns lost 16 (2 destroyed, 14 disabled)
Vehicles lost 26 (2 destroyed, 24 disabled)

Aircraft Attacking:
24 x Ki-48-Ib Lily bombing from 6000 feet
Ground Attack: 4 x 100 kg GP Bomb
29 x Ki-21-IIa Sally bombing from 6000 feet
Ground Attack: 4 x 250 kg GP Bomb
28 x Ki-30 Ann bombing from 6000 feet
25 x Ki-21-Ic Sally bombing from 6000 feet
Ground Attack: 4 x 250 kg GP Bomb
15 x Ki-51 Sonia bombing from 6000 feet
Ground Attack: 4 x 50 kg GP Bomb
12 x Ki-36 Ida bombing from 6000 feet
Ground Attack: 4 x 30 kg GP Bomb
5 x Ki-30 Ann bombing from 6000 feet
3 x Ki-48-Ib Lily bombing from 6000 feet

Also attacking Clark Field USAAF Base Force ...
Also attacking 200th & 515th Coast AA Regiment ...
Also attacking Manila USAAF Base Force ...

Morning Air attack on Malang , at 55,105

Raid spotted at 34 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 9 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-30 Ann x 16

No Japanese losses

Runway hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
16 x Ki-30 Ann bombing from 11000 feet
Airfield Attack: 1 x 250 kg GP Bomb

Morning Air attack on Manila USAAF Base Force, at 80,76 (Cabanatuan)

Raid spotted at 30 NM, estimated altitude 10,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
Ki-30 Ann x 20
Ki-48-Ib Lily x 9

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-48-Ib Lily: 1 damaged

Allied ground losses:
32 casualties reported
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 6 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
9 x Ki-48-Ib Lily bombing from 6000 feet
20 x Ki-30 Ann bombing from 6000 feet

Morning Air attack on 5th Division, at 49,141 (Geraldton)

Raid spotted at 17 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 5 minutes

Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 11

Allied aircraft losses
Hudson I: 1 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x Hudson I bombing from 6000 feet
Ground Attack: 4 x 250 lb GP Bomb

And now Gentlemen, it's payback time! I told you before but I didn't want to take away what I have already experienced in the game... here we go...

Morning Air attack on TF, near Busselton at 43,148

Weather in hex: Thunderstorms

Raid spotted at 17 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 6 minutes

Allied aircraft
Albacore I x 16
F2A-3 Buffalo x 8
F4F-3A Wildcat x 9
F4F-3 Wildcat x 21
SBD-2 Dauntless x 14
SBD-3 Dauntless x 44

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
xAP Koan Maru, Bomb hits 4, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Zenyo Maru
xAP Dairen Maru, Torpedo hits 3, and is sunk
xAP Manzyu Maru, Torpedo hits 3, and is sunk
xAP Ukishima Maru, Bomb hits 1, Torpedo hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAP Taizan Maru, Bomb hits 4, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Nako Maru, Bomb hits 3, on fire
xAP Tsingtao Maru, Bomb hits 3, heavy fires, heavy damage
CA Myoko, Torpedo hits 1

Japanese ground losses:
4209 casualties reported
Squads: 159 destroyed, 89 disabled
Non Combat: 147 destroyed, 118 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 12 disabled
Guns lost 54 (51 destroyed, 3 disabled)

while Hiryu, Zuikaku, Shokaku and some other smaller carriers operate off Port Augusta to support the landings there and Akagi, Kagi and surely some other carriers operate somewhere East of Australia I moved my US carriers together with a British CV to attack the invasion fleet off Perth... I feel totally safe doing so because the carrier group off Port Augusta is at least three days out (probably takes them five days as I don't expect them to move full speed) and even if some other carrier(s) would show up, my carriers should be able to deal with a carrier group smaller than KB... I have been planning to strike back for quite a some time already and I was just waiting for the right moment as I am still following my guideline to only strike where it makes sense and where I can dish out maximum damage for minimal damage in return and striking at an uncovered invasion force perfectly suits my intentions...

most of the convoys were still staying together, but our cruisers stirred them up which is the reason why there are some smaller convoys scattered in the area...

my carrier group moving into the area was the main reason why I declined bluebook's demand to redo that turn when my 4E attacked his tanks but I wouldn't have redone that turn anyway... THIS is just the beginning of what I mentioned as "not going according to the IJ plan"... the enemy isn't amused about my carriers showing up and he wondered how they could slip through his CS search patterns... unfortunately weather is sh*t in the whole area but this is just the beginning...

Aircraft Attacking:
7 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 3000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 1000 lb SAP Bomb
6 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 3000'
11 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 3000'
2 x SBD-2 Dauntless releasing from 4000'
16 x Albacore I launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Naval Attack: 1 x 18in Mk XII Torpedo
4 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 2000'
8 x SBD-2 Dauntless releasing from 2000'
8 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 2000'
4 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 2000'
4 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 4000'
4 x SBD-2 Dauntless releasing from 3000'

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAP Koan Maru
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAK Nako Maru
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAP Tsingtao Maru
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAP Taizan Maru

Morning Air attack on TF, near Busselton at 41,148

Raid spotted at 17 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.

Allied aircraft
Fulmar II x 3
Sea Hurricane Ib x 2
F2A-3 Buffalo x 7
SBD-3 Dauntless x 27
TBD-1 Devastator x 27

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
CL Abukuma, Bomb hits 6, on fire, heavy damage
CA Tone, Bomb hits 6, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Asagao

PBY and Hudson I from Perth together with my floatplanes and search SBD from my carrier group have spotted at least one and a halve dozen convoys, mostly xAP and xAK covered only by a meager force of CA/CL and some DD and low value escorts... considering that we are attacking an enemy invasion force of something about 70 or 80 ships there isn't much the IJN has sent to cover those convoys full of IJA troops so our bombers will fully focus on the troop transports as soon as the couple of bigger escorts are done in... SAP bombs only do halve the damage than stock but as soon as you get a good number of hits the targets are doomed...

Aircraft Attacking:
10 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 4000'
13 x TBD-1 Devastator bombing from 6000 feet
Naval Attack: 2 x 500 lb SAP Bomb
14 x TBD-1 Devastator bombing from 6000 feet
2 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 3000'
4 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 3000'
11 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 2000'

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring CA Tone

Morning Air attack on TF, near Busselton at 42,148

Raid spotted at 15 NM, estimated altitude 10,000 feet.

Allied aircraft
F4F-3 Wildcat x 9
SBD-3 Dauntless x 14

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
xAK Kinugawa Maru, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAP Hoten Maru, Bomb hits 3, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAP Shanghai Maru, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage

Japanese ground losses:
352 casualties reported
Squads: 10 destroyed, 19 disabled
Non Combat: 8 destroyed, 17 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 2 disabled
Vehicles lost 1 (1 destroyed, 0 disabled)

all those convoys are full of IJA units... Sayonara...

Aircraft Attacking:
10 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 4000'

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAP Hoten Maru
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAP Shanghai Maru
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAK Kinugawa Maru

Afternoon Air attack on Malang , at 55,105

Weather in hex: Heavy cloud

Raid spotted at 37 NM, estimated altitude 11,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 10 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21-IIa Sally x 55

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21-IIa Sally: 3 damaged

Allied ground losses:
8 casualties reported
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

Airbase hits 5
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 22

Aircraft Attacking:
18 x Ki-21-IIa Sally bombing from 11000 feet
Airfield Attack: 4 x 250 kg GP Bomb
17 x Ki-21-IIa Sally bombing from 11000 feet
20 x Ki-21-IIa Sally bombing from 11000 feet

Afternoon Air attack on 21st Division, at 75,159 (Port Augusta)

Raid spotted at 36 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 11 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 5

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 12

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
B-17E Fortress: 2 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
123 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 7 disabled

I didn't expect the enemy to land four divisions plus support at Port Augusta this turn so I kept my 4E on ground attack to attack his tank units but with all those IJA divs on the beach now the air attacks won't make a difference...

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x B-17E Fortress bombing from 10000 feet
Ground Attack: 8 x 500 lb GP Bomb

CAP engaged:
Hiryu-1 with A6M2 Zero (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(1 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
1 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 11000
Raid is overhead
Zuiho-1 with A6M2 Zero (4 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(4 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
4 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 11000
Raid is overhead

Also attacking 18th Div /1 ...

Sub attack near Rabaul at 106,124

Japanese Ships
xAK Chile Maru, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
PB Teibo Maru #2

Allied Ships
SS S-28

there wasn't much traffic around Rabaul and after weeks we finally sink a freighter in the area...

SS S-28 launches 2 torpedoes at xAK Chile Maru
PB Teibo Maru #2 fails to find sub, continues to search...
PB Teibo Maru #2 attacking submerged sub ....
Escort abandons search for sub

Submarine attack near Maryborough at 96,157

Japanese Ships
xAK Kotoku Maru, Torpedo hits 1, heavy fires

Allied Ships
SS O23

we've got halve a dozen subs operating against IJN convoys off Maryborough but the troops have long been unloaded... this big freighter carried fuel and surely is done now burning heavily... if we will be succesful then one of the most important conditions will be IJN fuel situation around Australia, if he stays able to keep his fleet 24/7 off my Coast then it will be a hard task...

xAK Kotoku Maru is sighted by SS O23
SS O23 launches 2 torpedoes at xAK Kotoku Maru

Invasion Support action off Port Augusta (75,159)

31 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Japanese Ships
LSD Shinshu Maru
CA Nachi
DD Arare

Japanese ground losses:
16 casualties reported

as you can see, with the fantasy amphib bonus he was able to unload nearly all of four divs plus support until the afternoon... something it would have taken the real life IJN at least a week in a big, built up harbour, with the amphib bonus, they do this on a beach in Southern Australia in HALVE A DAY...

Ground combat at Port Augusta (75,159)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 4431 troops, 12 guns, 421 vehicles, Assault Value = 1792

Defending force 4112 troops, 29 guns, 53 vehicles, Assault Value = 97

Japanese adjusted assault: 101

Allied adjusted defense: 4

Japanese assault odds: 25 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Port Augusta !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: op mode(-), disruption(-), preparation(-), experience(-)
supply(-)
Attacker: shock(+)

Japanese ground losses:
253 casualties reported
Squads: 5 destroyed, 10 disabled

Allied ground losses:
1024 casualties reported
Squads: 97 destroyed, 6 disabled
Non Combat: 58 destroyed, 27 disabled
Engineers: 12 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 22 (21 destroyed, 1 disabled)
Vehicles lost 64 (64 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units retreated 2
Units destroyed 1

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Assaulting units:
Imperial Guards Div /1
33rd Div /5
26th Recon Regiment
1st Recon Regiment
2nd Engineer Regiment
21st Division
5th Tank Regiment
23rd Ind. Engineer Regiment
9th Tank Regiment
4th Ind. Engineer Regiment
2nd Recon Regiment
3rd Tank Regiment
18th Div /1
18th JAAF Base Force /1
3rd Fleet
21st JAAF AF Bn
7th JAAF Base Force
17th JAAF AF Bn
11th Shipping Engineer Regiment
25th Army
3rd Air Div /1

Defending units:
6th Aus Cav Brigade
2/4th Armoured Regiment
RAAF OTU Augusta

four enemy divisions plust tanks and support here, two more enemy divs plus support came ashore NE of Brisbane... all together we are already facing some 2500 av and I am sure there is more to come...

you might have noticed, we are of course not lucky enough to see our carriers flying a single strike in the afternoon, all strikes were cancelled for unknown reason...

Ground combat at Malang (55,105)

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 2544 troops, 238 guns, 60 vehicles, Assault Value = 474

Defending force 36038 troops, 305 guns, 124 vehicles, Assault Value = 652

Japanese ground losses:
6 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
34 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 0 disabled

Assaulting units:
41st Infantry Regiment
143rd Infantry Regiment
16th Infantry Regiment
Yokosuka 2nd SNLF
II/81st Naval Guard Unit
14th Ind.Art.Mortar Battalion
5th Mortar Battalion
56th Field Artillery Regiment
3rd Ind. Mountain Gun Regiment
18th Medium Field Artillery Regiment
3rd Medium Field Artillery Regiment
3rd Mortar Battalion
2nd Field Artillery Regiment

Defending units:
Barisan KNIL Regiment
3rd KNIL Landstorm Battalion
2nd KNIL Landstorm Battalion
2nd KNIL Regiment
Lijfwacht Cav Sqn
Mobiele Eenheid Battalion
1st Regt Cavalerie
1st KNIL Landstorm Battalion
Marinier Battalion
4th KNIL Regiment
Tjilatjap KNIL Battalion
1st KNIL Regiment
6th KNIL Regiment
KNIL Army Command
2 ML-KNIL Aviation
South Java Base Force
ML-KNIL
ABDA
Batavia Base Force
1 ML-KNIL Aviation
North Java Base Force
Soerabaja Base Force
Commandement Marine
MLD
Bandoeng Base Force

Ground combat at Brisbane (96,160)

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 13508 troops, 113 guns, 47 vehicles, Assault Value = 458

Defending force 4134 troops, 23 guns, 1 vehicles, Assault Value = 38

Japanese adjusted assault: 218

Allied adjusted defense: 56

Japanese assault odds: 3 to 1 (fort level 3)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 2

Combat modifiers
Defender: forts(+), experience(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
526 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 35 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 14 disabled

Allied ground losses:
204 casualties reported
Squads: 2 destroyed, 24 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 33 disabled

Assaulting units:
38th/A Division
4th/C Division
38th/C Division

Defending units:
Brisbane Fortress
Brisbane Base Force

no doubt the three regiments will take Brisbane, the rest of the divisions should operate somewhere in the area too or probably is on the way to be brought in...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by castor troy -- 4/8/2012 4:55:57 PM >

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 374
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/8/2012 4:58:20 PM   
Historiker

nicely done!

Post #: 375
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/8/2012 6:26:00 PM   
crsutton

Yep, nice blow. But I am predicting that as soon as things go wrong for him he will quit.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 376
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/8/2012 8:18:00 PM   
Miller

Not sure why on earth he wants all of Australia anyway, taking Darwin and all the other northern coastal bases is more than enough to stall the Allies if they are looking to comeback in the DEI area later in the game..........

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 377
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/9/2012 1:25:26 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miller

Not sure why on earth he wants all of Australia anyway, taking Darwin and all the other northern coastal bases is more than enough to stall the Allies if they are looking to comeback in the DEI area later in the game..........

don't know. What makes his strategy so amazing to me is that he seems to think Southern Australia is more important than Darwin or PM which it isn't for my strategy. If he fails to take these two bases because he engages around Melbourne, Sydney and Perth then he totally failed in keeping me off the SRA because my two most important bases that provide me direct entrance to the SRA will still be mine. Now if he could take Southern Australia and Perth without losses, then turn onto PM and Darwin it would be different, but with the appearance of my carriers off Perth the no losses situation is gone already.

IMO he would have been far better off attacking first Port Moresby, then Darwin and if those operations would have gone smoothly he could have gone for Perth. Everything else is the same as the thread title, an IJN wet dream. And we have just started to strike back, a couple of months early for my taste but I am nevertheless able to hit him hard if he offers me opportunity to do so.

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 378
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/9/2012 5:32:53 PM   
crsutton

Yep, only reason is if you want to take OZ out of the war and gain an auto victory. Very hard to do against a competent player. Otherwise you are just sticking your head in a noose. He seems to have thought out the tactical problems a lot more than he has strategic.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

Post #: 379
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/10/2012 12:45:20 PM   
castor troy

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Mar 17, 42
Submarine attack near Perth at 46,145

Japanese Ships
xAK Celebes Maru

Allied Ships
SS S-41

xAK Celebes Maru is sighted by SS S-41
SS S-41 launches 2 torpedoes at xAK Celebes Maru

got halve a dozen subs in the area and they are ordered to engage the scattered enemy convoys... S-41 starts with a miss...

Submarine attack near Perth at 47,144

Japanese Ships
xAK Celebes Maru, Torpedo hits 1, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS O24

Japanese ground losses:
26 casualties reported
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 2 disabled

one hex away O24 does better and hits the before targetted freighter... nothing better than hitting loaded troop transports...

xAK Celebes Maru is sighted by SS O24
SS O24 launches 2 torpedoes at xAK Celebes Maru

Night Time Surface Combat, near Perth at 40,146, Range 5,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
DD Yanagi, Shell hits 1, on fire

Allied Ships
CA Northampton
CA Chester
CA Chicago
DD Porter
DD Balch
DD Clark

I was absolutely sure the enemy will scatter his convoys and will send them to the beaches North and South of Perth so I have dispatched some heavy cruisers and escorts from my carrier TF to hunt him down... we engage a lonely destroyer first which only leads to a lot of wasted shells... we've got to be happy the lonely second class DD didn't wipe the floor with our cruisers...

Reduced sighting due to 0% moonlight
Maximum visibility in Partly Cloudy Conditions and 0% moonlight: 6,000 yards
Range closes to 7,000 yards...
Range closes to 5,000 yards...
CONTACT: Japanese lookouts spot Allied task force at 5,000 yards
CONTACT: Allied lookouts spot Japanese task force at 5,000 yards
CA Chicago engages DD Yanagi at 5,000 yards
DD Yanagi engages DD Balch at 5,000 yards
Range closes to 4,000 yards
CA Chicago engages DD Yanagi at 4,000 yards
DD Balch engages DD Yanagi at 4,000 yards
DD Yanagi engages DD Porter at 4,000 yards
Range increases to 6,000 yards
CA Chicago engages DD Yanagi at 6,000 yards
Range increases to 8,000 yards
DD Porter engages DD Yanagi at 8,000 yards
Range increases to 12,000 yards
DD Yanagi engages DD Porter at 12,000 yards
CA Chester engages DD Yanagi at 12,000 yards
DD Yanagi engages DD Porter at 12,000 yards
Task forces break off...

Night Time Surface Combat, near Perth at 46,146, Range 1,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
DD Fubuki, Shell hits 3, on fire

Allied Ships
CL Boise, Shell hits 3
DD Voyager
DD Vampire
DD Vendetta
DD Evertsen
DD Stronghold

also ordered Boise and the destroyers at Perth to engage the scattered convoys, also this task force runs into an enemy destroyer first and despite being heavily outgunned Fubuki puts three damaging shells into Boise...

Maximum visibility in Partly Cloudy Conditions and 0% moonlight: 2,000 yards
Range closes to 9,000 yards...
Range closes to 3,000 yards...
Range closes to 1,000 yards...
Somerville, James F crosses the 'T'
CL Boise engages DD Fubuki at 1,000 yards
Range increases to 2,000 yards
CL Boise engages DD Fubuki at 2,000 yards
CL Boise engages DD Fubuki at 6,000 yards
Yamashita, Shizuo orders Japanese TF to disengage
Task forces break off...

Night Time Surface Combat, near Perth at 40,146, Range 2,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
DD Yanagi, on fire

Allied Ships
CA Northampton
CA Chester
CA Chicago
DD Porter
DD Balch
DD Clark

both the Boise TF and this one have been given patrol orders with a 3 hex react which leads to the situation that this cruiser squadron keeps following the fleeing Yanagi (lots of transport TFs nearby )... we waste only a couple of shells and Yanagi gets away another time...

Range closes to 10,000 yards...
Range closes to 8,000 yards...
Range closes to 6,000 yards...
Range closes to 4,000 yards...
Range closes to 2,000 yards...
CONTACT: Japanese lookouts spot Allied task force at 2,000 yards
CONTACT: Allied lookouts spot Japanese task force at 2,000 yards
DD Yanagi engages DD Clark at 2,000 yards
CA Chicago engages DD Yanagi at 6,000 yards
Task forces break off...

Night Time Surface Combat, near Perth at 41,146, Range 1,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
DD Yanagi, Shell hits 7, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CA Northampton
CA Chester
CA Chicago
DD Porter
DD Balch
DD Clark

our cruisers stubbornly follow Yanagi and on the third attempt she is finally sunk by 8 inch shells from CA Chicago...

Morita L. crosses the 'T' LMAO
CA Chicago engages DD Yanagi at 1,000 yards
DD Yanagi engages DD Clark at 1,000 yards
Massive explosion on DD Yanagi
DD Yanagi sunk by DD Balch at 1,000 yards
Combat ends with last Japanese ship sunk...

Night Time Surface Combat, near Perth at 42,146, Range 1,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
SC Ch 1
SC Ch 3, Shell hits 2

Allied Ships
CA Northampton
CA Chester
CA Chicago
DD Porter
DD Balch
DD Clark

the cruisers keep reacting and run into a low value SC TF... looks like the enemy created a couple of crap TFs to soak up some shells/bombs... our cruisers do what every Allied task force does at night, it sux...

Maximum visibility in Partly Cloudy Conditions and 0% moonlight: 1,000 yards
Bannai, Y. crosses the 'T'
CA Chicago engages SC Ch 3 at 1,000 yards
DD Balch engages SC Ch 3 at 2,000 yards
Task forces break off...

Night Time Surface Combat, near Perth at 42,145, Range 1,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
SC Ch 1, Shell hits 1
SC Ch 3, Shell hits 14, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CA Northampton
CA Chester
CA Chicago
DD Porter
DD Balch
DD Clark

now our cruiser squadron keeps following the two low value SC... I would really prefer the heavy cruisers would go after the dozens of troop transports being in the area... seems like Chicago is improving her performance, Chester and Northampton are just spectators once more...

Bode, H. crosses the 'T'
SC Ch 3 sunk by CA Chicago at 1,000 yards
CA Chicago engages SC Ch 1 at 1,000 yards
DD Clark engages SC Ch 1 at 1,000 yards
CA Chicago engages SC Ch 1 at 2,000 yards
CA Chicago engages SC Ch 1 at 6,000 yards
Task forces break off...

Night Time Surface Combat, near Perth at 42,147, Range 1,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
E Shimushu, Shell hits 8, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CA Northampton
CA Chester
CA Chicago, Shell hits 1
DD Porter
DD Balch
DD Clark

the other SC is left alone, now the cruisers go after a lonely E and amazingly sink the vessel on the first attempt... could we attack some transports please? again it was Chicago's turn...

Kanzaki S. crosses the 'T'
CA Chicago engages E Shimushu at 1,000 yards
CA Northampton engages E Shimushu at 1,000 yards
Range increases to 5,000 yards
CA Chicago engages E Shimushu at 4,000 yards
Kanzaki S. orders Japanese TF to disengage
CA Chicago engages E Shimushu at 5,000 yards
E Shimushu sunk by CA Chicago at 5,000 yards

Night Time Surface Combat, near Busselton at 48,149, Range 2,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
xAP Kongo Maru, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk

Allied Ships
PT-24
PT-25
PT-26
PT-29
PT-30
PT-42

Japanese ground losses:
3493 casualties reported
Squads: 64 destroyed, 46 disabled
Non Combat: 107 destroyed, 54 disabled
Engineers: 26 destroyed, 3 disabled
Guns lost 62 (61 destroyed, 1 disabled)
Vehicles lost 6 (6 destroyed, 0 disabled)

I fully expected all enemy transports to storm full speed towards the beaches around Perth and am glad I had two PT boat squadrons in the area, both were sent to Busselton and they arrive when a fully loaded enemy xAP shows up unescorted and attempts to unload... the PT put two torps into the ship and sink her with all hands down... look at the enormous losses in ground troops and guns, a really nice catch for the PT... this is the downside for the Japanese and their fantasy bonus, while it enables them to load/unload at insane speed, it leads to using only the minimum needed ships to carry troops and if those ships are hit they suffer a lot of ground losses... as the Allied I have to use three times the needed ships to carry a division in an amphib operation until the APA/AKA show up but that also means if a ship is sunk, the losses are far smaller too...

Range closes to 11,000 yards...
Japanese ships attempt to get underway
xAP Kongo Maru sunk by PT-42 at 2,000 yards

Night Time Surface Combat, near Busselton at 48,149, Range 2,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CA Takao
DD Oshio

Allied Ships
PT-20
PT-21
PT-22
PT-23
PT-27
PT-28

then the second PT boat squadron runs into Takao and Oshio which surprises me a little as I expected every enemy cruiser running North to escape being sunk by my carriers... seems like bluebook thinks it is worth it to lose the couple of remaining cruisers in the area in their attempt to save a couple of transports... I would have sent them North as the cruisers can't do anything against my carriers in the end and they are pretty much the most dangerous assets the IJN got besides their carriers... 0% moonlight means best conditions for my PT but it's only PT-28 firing her torps at Takao and the engagement was over in just a moment...

PT-28 engages CA Takao at 2,000 yards
CA Takao engages PT-23 at 2,000 yards
PT-28 engages CA Takao at 2,000 yards
DD Oshio engages PT-28 at 2,000 yards
CA Takao engages PT-28 at 5,000 yards
Task forces break off...

Sub attack near Perth at 46,145

Japanese Ships
xAK Rizan Maru, Shell hits 1, Torpedo hits 4, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS O24

Japanese ground losses:
19 casualties reported
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 1 disabled
Guns lost 1 (1 destroyed, 0 disabled)

O24 kills another freighter today... lots of troops and lots of supply will be gone when we will have finished our work around Perth and we still got time... enemy CV were spotted leaving the area around Port Augusta moving at cruise speed towards Perth...

xAK Rizan Maru is sighted by SS O24
SS O24 attacking xAK Rizan Maru on the surface

Day Time Surface Combat, near Busselton at 48,149, Range 16,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CA Myoko
xAK Zenyo Maru

Allied Ships
PT-24
PT-25, Shell hits 1
PT-26
PT-29
PT-30
PT-42, Shell hits 2

not only Takao but also Myoko shows up at Busselton, she escorts a single xAK... is that transport loaded with gold or why is Zenyo maru escorted by a heavy cruiser? the two PT are only hit by 25mm AA guns, all torps fired in return missed their target... after Myoko's succesful engagement with our British cruiser squadron a couple of days ago she must be low on main gun ammo I guess...

Maximum visibility in Partly Cloudy Conditions: 27,000 yards
CONTACT: Japanese lookouts spot Allied task force at 16,000 yards
CONTACT: Allied lookouts spot Japanese task force at 16,000 yards
Range closes to 14,000 yards
CA Myoko engages PT-26 at 14,000 yards
Range closes to 10,000 yards
Range closes to 8,000 yards
PT-30 engages xAK Zenyo Maru at 8,000 yards
CA Myoko engages PT-26 at 8,000 yards
Range closes to 7,000 yards
CA Myoko engages PT-30 at 7,000 yards
CA Myoko engages PT-29 at 7,000 yards
Range closes to 6,000 yards
PT-42 engages xAK Zenyo Maru at 6,000 yards
CA Myoko engages PT-30 at 6,000 yards
PT-24 engages xAK Zenyo Maru at 6,000 yards
CA Myoko engages PT-26 at 6,000 yards
PT-25 engages CA Myoko at 6,000 yards
PT-29 engages xAK Zenyo Maru at 4,000 yards
Range closes to 3,000 yards
PT-30 engages CA Myoko at 3,000 yards
CA Myoko engages PT-26 at 3,000 yards
CA Myoko engages PT-42 at 3,000 yards
Range closes to 2,000 yards
CA Myoko engages PT-42 at 2,000 yards
CA Myoko engages PT-30 at 2,000 yards
CA Myoko engages PT-42 at 2,000 yards
CA Myoko engages PT-25 at 2,000 yards
Range increases to 10,000 yards
CA Myoko engages PT-42 at 10,000 yards
Task forces break off...

Day Time Surface Combat, near Perth at 43,144, Range 16,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
SC Ch 1, Shell hits 6, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CA Northampton
CA Chester
CA Chicago
DD Porter
DD Balch
DD Clark

the USN cruisers then meet that SC again and sink her... not a really succesful hunt for the this TF so far, target selection was really bad, Chicago must be really low on main gun ammo already while Chester and Northampton still do nothing at all...

Maximum visibility in Partly Cloudy Conditions: 28,000 yards
Range closes to 16,000 yards...
CONTACT: Japanese lookouts spot Allied task force at 16,000 yards
CONTACT: Allied lookouts spot Japanese task force at 16,000 yards
Bode, H. crosses the 'T'
Range closes to 11,000 yards
CA Chicago engages SC Ch 1 at 11,000 yards
DD Clark engages SC Ch 1 at 11,000 yards
Kishina, W. orders Japanese TF to disengage
Range closes to 9,000 yards
CA Chicago engages SC Ch 1 at 9,000 yards
DD Clark engages SC Ch 1 at 9,000 yards
SC Ch 1 sunk by DD Porter at 9,000 yards

Day Time Surface Combat, near Perth at 44,147, Range 21,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
xAK Malta Maru, Shell hits 39, and is sunk
xAK Argun Maru, Shell hits 41, and is sunk
xAK Sugiyama Maru, Shell hits 19, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CL Boise
DD Voyager
DD Vampire
DD Vendetta
DD Evertsen, Shell hits 1
DD Stronghold

Japanese ground losses:
3051 casualties reported
Squads: 32 destroyed, 120 disabled
Non Combat: 80 destroyed, 135 disabled
Engineers: 12 destroyed, 15 disabled
Guns lost 34 (22 destroyed, 12 disabled)
Vehicles lost 5 (3 destroyed, 2 disabled)

yeah baby, it's the Boise TF that hunts down three transports full of IJA troops and dozen of Boise's 6 inch shells slam into the enemy xAK... troops worth another halve an IJA division drown off Perth...

CONTACT: Allied lookouts spot Japanese task force at 21,000 yards
Allies open fire on surprised Japanese ships at 21,000 yards
CL Boise fires at xAK Sugiyama Maru at 21,000 yards
DD Evertsen fires at xAK Sugiyama Maru at 21,000 yards
Range closes to 19,000 yards
DD Evertsen engages xAK Sugiyama Maru at 19,000 yards
Range closes to 17,000 yards
DD Evertsen engages xAK Sugiyama Maru at 17,000 yards
CL Boise engages xAK Sugiyama Maru at 14,000 yards
DD Evertsen engages xAK Sugiyama Maru at 14,000 yards
DD Vampire engages xAK Sugiyama Maru at 14,000 yards
DD Voyager engages xAK Sugiyama Maru at 14,000 yards
Range closes to 12,000 yards
CL Boise engages xAK Sugiyama Maru at 12,000 yards
DD Stronghold engages xAK Malta Maru at 12,000 yards
DD Evertsen engages xAK Malta Maru at 12,000 yards
DD Voyager engages xAK Malta Maru at 12,000 yards
DD Evertsen engages xAK Sugiyama Maru at 10,000 yards
DD Stronghold engages xAK Argun Maru at 10,000 yards
DD Evertsen engages xAK Argun Maru at 10,000 yards
DD Vendetta engages xAK Malta Maru at 10,000 yards
DD Vampire engages xAK Malta Maru at 10,000 yards
DD Voyager engages xAK Malta Maru at 10,000 yards
DD Vendetta engages xAK Sugiyama Maru at 6,000 yards
DD Vampire engages xAK Argun Maru at 6,000 yards
DD Evertsen engages xAK Malta Maru at 6,000 yards
DD Vendetta engages xAK Argun Maru at 6,000 yards
DD Vampire engages xAK Malta Maru at 6,000 yards
DD Voyager engages xAK Malta Maru at 6,000 yards
Range closes to 5,000 yards
CL Boise engages xAK Sugiyama Maru at 5,000 yards
DD Stronghold engages xAK Argun Maru at 5,000 yards
DD Vendetta engages xAK Malta Maru at 5,000 yards
DD Vampire engages xAK Argun Maru at 5,000 yards
DD Voyager engages xAK Argun Maru at 5,000 yards
CL Boise engages xAK Sugiyama Maru at 5,000 yards
DD Voyager engages xAK Argun Maru at 5,000 yards
DD Vampire engages xAK Sugiyama Maru at 5,000 yards
DD Voyager engages xAK Malta Maru at 5,000 yards
xAK Sugiyama Maru sunk by DD Voyager at 5,000 yards
DD Stronghold engages xAK Argun Maru at 5,000 yards
DD Evertsen engages xAK Malta Maru at 5,000 yards
DD Vampire engages xAK Malta Maru at 5,000 yards
DD Voyager engages xAK Malta Maru at 5,000 yards
CL Boise engages xAK Argun Maru at 4,000 yards
DD Stronghold engages xAK Argun Maru at 4,000 yards
DD Vampire engages xAK Malta Maru at 4,000 yards
DD Voyager engages xAK Argun Maru at 4,000 yards
Range closes to 3,000 yards
DD Vampire engages xAK Argun Maru at 3,000 yards
DD Voyager engages xAK Argun Maru at 3,000 yards
Range closes to 2,000 yards
CL Boise engages xAK Argun Maru at 2,000 yards
DD Vampire engages xAK Malta Maru at 2,000 yards
DD Evertsen engages xAK Malta Maru at 2,000 yards
xAK Malta Maru sunk by DD Vendetta at 2,000 yards
DD Vampire engages xAK Argun Maru at 2,000 yards
DD Vendetta engages xAK Argun Maru at 2,000 yards
DD Stronghold engages xAK Argun Maru at 2,000 yards
xAK Argun Maru sunk by DD Evertsen at 2,000 yards

Day Time Surface Combat, near Perth at 42,145, Range 25,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CL Abukuma, Shell hits 17, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CA Northampton
CA Chester
CA Chicago
DD Porter
DD Balch
DD Clark

Chicago and Co then engage the already burning CL Abukuma which was hit by carrier based ac earlier and this time even Northampton and Chester take part and hit the enemy cruiser hard with their 8 inch batteries... Abukuma was in a very poor state after she was hit by several 1000lb boms so sinking her wasn't really an achievement...

CONTACT: Japanese lookouts spot Allied task force at 25,000 yards
CONTACT: Allied lookouts spot Japanese task force at 25,000 yards
Range closes to 22,000 yards
CL Abukuma engages CA Chester at 19,000 yards
CA Northampton engages CL Abukuma at 19,000 yards
Range closes to 18,000 yards
CA Chicago engages CL Abukuma at 18,000 yards
Range closes to 15,000 yards
CA Chicago engages CL Abukuma at 15,000 yards
CL Abukuma engages DD Balch at 15,000 yards
CL Abukuma engages CA Chicago at 12,000 yards
CA Chester engages CL Abukuma at 12,000 yards
CL Abukuma engages DD Porter at 12,000 yards
CL Abukuma engages CA Chicago at 10,000 yards
CL Abukuma engages CA Northampton at 10,000 yards
CL Abukuma engages CA Chicago at 9,000 yards
CL Abukuma sunk by CA Chester at 9,000 yards

Day Time Surface Combat, near Perth at 42,145, Range 23,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
xAK Nanrei Maru, Shell hits 21, and is sunk
xAK Seiwa Maru, Shell hits 8, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CA Northampton
CA Chester
CA Chicago
DD Porter
DD Balch
DD Clark

Japanese ground losses:
1598 casualties reported
Non Combat: 50 destroyed, 90 disabled
Engineers: 17 destroyed, 18 disabled
Guns lost 17 (17 destroyed, 0 disabled)

finally even the USN cruiser squadron goes after a some transports and it's us this time to take fully advantage of the react order and mid ocean intercepts... the two freighters were easy prey... lots of enemy ships sunk by our hunting cruisers and it's still time for our air attacks this turn...

CONTACT: Japanese lookouts spot Allied task force at 22,000 yards
Japanese TF attempts to evade combat
Range increases to 23,000 yards...
CONTACT: Allied lookouts spot Japanese task force at 23,000 yards
Range increases to 25,000 yards
CA Chicago engages xAK Seiwa Maru at 25,000 yards
Range closes to 23,000 yards
CA Chicago engages xAK Seiwa Maru at 23,000 yards
CA Chester engages xAK Seiwa Maru at 19,000 yards
CA Northampton engages xAK Seiwa Maru at 19,000 yards
Range closes to 15,000 yards
CA Chicago engages xAK Seiwa Maru at 15,000 yards
xAK Seiwa Maru sunk by CA Chester at 15,000 yards
CA Chester engages xAK Nanrei Maru at 11,000 yards
Range closes to 7,000 yards
CA Chicago engages xAK Nanrei Maru at 7,000 yards
CA Northampton engages xAK Nanrei Maru at 7,000 yards
DD Clark engages xAK Nanrei Maru at 7,000 yards
DD Porter engages xAK Nanrei Maru at 7,000 yards
CA Chester engages xAK Nanrei Maru at 7,000 yards
DD Porter engages xAK Nanrei Maru at 7,000 yards
CA Chester engages xAK Nanrei Maru at 6,000 yards
Range closes to 5,000 yards
DD Clark engages xAK Nanrei Maru at 5,000 yards
xAK Nanrei Maru sunk by CA Chicago at 5,000 yards

Japanese Ships
DD Kuroshio

2 mines cleared

Submarine attack near Geraldton at 49,141

Japanese Ships
xAK Kimnon Maru

Allied Ships
SS S-36

xAK Kimnon Maru is sighted by SS S-36
SS S-36 launches 2 torpedoes at xAK Kimnon Maru

S-36 missed... too many missed, too many Mk-10 duds...

Day Time Surface Combat, near Perth at 41,146, Range 17,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
DD Wakatake, Shell hits 8, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CA Northampton
CA Chester
CA Chicago
DD Porter
DD Balch
DD Clark

we aren't done yet engaging enemy ships and now it's Wakatake that bites the dust...

Range closes to 17,000 yards...
CONTACT: Japanese lookouts spot Allied task force at 17,000 yards
CONTACT: Allied lookouts spot Japanese task force at 17,000 yards
Bode, H. crosses the 'T'
DD Clark engages DD Wakatake at 17,000 yards
DD Balch engages DD Wakatake at 17,000 yards
DD Balch engages DD Wakatake at 12,000 yards
CA Chester engages DD Wakatake at 12,000 yards
DD Clark engages DD Wakatake at 12,000 yards
DD Porter engages DD Wakatake at 12,000 yards
CA Chicago engages DD Wakatake at 11,000 yards
CA Chicago engages DD Wakatake at 9,000 yards
Range increases to 17,000 yards
DD Wakatake engages DD Balch at 17,000 yards
CA Chester engages DD Wakatake at 17,000 yards
DD Clark engages DD Wakatake at 17,000 yards
Yoshida, K. orders Japanese TF to disengage
Range increases to 24,000 yards
Range increases to 25,000 yards
CA Northampton engages DD Wakatake at 25,000 yards
Range closes to 23,000 yards
CA Chester engages DD Wakatake at 23,000 yards
Range closes to 21,000 yards
CA Chester engages DD Wakatake at 21,000 yards
CA Northampton engages DD Wakatake at 21,000 yards
Range closes to 18,000 yards
CA Chester engages DD Wakatake at 18,000 yards
DD Wakatake sunk by DD Clark at 18,000 yards

Day Time Surface Combat, near Perth at 43,144, Range 23,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
xAK Nako Maru, Shell hits 8, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CA Northampton
CA Chester
CA Chicago
DD Porter
DD Balch
DD Clark

Japanese ground losses:
2172 casualties reported
Squads: 15 destroyed, 104 disabled
Non Combat: 61 destroyed, 86 disabled
Guns lost 10 (4 destroyed, 6 disabled)

and another xAK that carried nearly 120 enemy combat squads... NICE! Three enemy xAK seem to be enough to carry the full infantry contingent of an IJA division...

CONTACT: Japanese lookouts spot Allied task force at 22,000 yards
Japanese TF attempts to evade combat
Range increases to 23,000 yards...
CONTACT: Allied lookouts spot Japanese task force at 23,000 yards
Range increases to 24,000 yards
Range closes to 21,000 yards
Range closes to 20,000 yards
Range closes to 17,000 yards
CA Northampton engages xAK Nako Maru at 17,000 yards
DD Porter engages xAK Nako Maru at 17,000 yards
Range closes to 16,000 yards
DD Porter engages xAK Nako Maru at 14,000 yards
xAK Nako Maru sunk by CA Chester at 14,000 yards

Japanese Ships
DD Oyashio

2 mines cleared

Japanese Ships
DD Oyashio

1 mine cleared

Japanese Ships
xAK Atlantic Maru, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS S-36

Japanese ground losses:
6 casualties reported

S-36 scores...

xAK Atlantic Maru is sighted by SS S-36
SS S-36 launches 2 torpedoes at xAK Atlantic Maru

Japanese Ships
xAP Kasado Maru

Allied Ships
SS S-36

and then misses again... three attacks, only one succesful... we finished lots of shipping already today and air attacks yet to start...

xAP Kasado Maru is sighted by SS S-36
SS S-36 launches 2 torpedoes at xAP Kasado Maru

Raid spotted at 38 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21-IIa Sally x 67
Ki-30 Ann x 5

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21-IIa Sally: 4 damaged

Allied ground losses:
38 casualties reported

Airbase hits 16
Runway hits 33

Aircraft Attacking:
21 x Ki-21-IIa Sally bombing from 11000 feet
20 x Ki-21-IIa Sally bombing from 11000 feet
26 x Ki-21-IIa Sally bombing from 11000 feet
5 x Ki-30 Ann bombing from 11000 feet

Raid spotted at 32 NM, estimated altitude 15,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
Ki-30 Ann x 11

No Japanese losses

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x Ki-30 Ann bombing from 11000 feet

Morning Air attack on TF, near Sale at 86,173

Weather in hex: Partial cloud

Raid spotted at 19 NM, estimated altitude 2,000 feet.

Allied aircraft
B-26 Marauder x 16

Allied aircraft losses
B-26 Marauder: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
CL Yura, Bomb hits 2
CA Chokai
CA Aoba, Bomb hits 1

I am really impressed that bluebook doesn't care about my LBA at all it seems, after bombarding Port Augusta and Adelaide he happily sails his bombardment TFs past Melbourne further East... as you can see, 500lb SAP bombs literally got no effect, not even when two penetrate through the deck armor of an IJN CL let alone a CA... I've brought this up and JWE looked at it providing us a different database with increased SAP and AP bomb effect (still less than stock, also less accuracy) and also torps were looked at and reworked... but all attacks you'll see in the next 10 days or so will be flown with the original data base of Babeslite...

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x B-26 Marauder bombing from 1000 feet
Naval Attack: 3 x 500 lb SAP Bomb
8 x B-26 Marauder bombing from 1000 feet

Morning Air attack on TF, near King Island at 81,173

Weather in hex: Moderate rain

Raid spotted at 17 NM, estimated altitude 6,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 4 minutes

Allied aircraft
Kittyhawk IA x 4
B-26 Marauder x 4

Allied aircraft losses

Japanese Ships
DD Isonami

Aircraft Attacking:

Morning Air attack on TF, near King Island at 80,172

Raid spotted at 16 NM, estimated altitude 3,000 feet.

Allied aircraft
Kittyhawk IA x 3
B-26 Marauder x 5

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
BB Hyuga, Bomb hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
5 x B-26 Marauder bombing from 1000 feet

Morning Air attack on TF, near Sale at 86,173

Weather in hex: Partial cloud

Raid spotted at 13 NM, estimated altitude 3,000 feet.

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 4
B-26 Marauder x 6

Allied aircraft losses
B-26 Marauder: 1 destroyed by flak

Japanese Ships
CA Chokai, Bomb hits 1
CL Yura

the 50 available Marauders fly lots of totally dispersed strikes, coming from a level 8 airfield... one is shot down by flak while we score another hit on a CA... again no notable damage on the CA, my LBA carrying bombs is literally useless against enemy ships... mind you, this is like scoring hits with stock 250lb bombs...

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x B-26 Marauder bombing from 1000 feet

Morning Air attack on TF, near Perth at 48,144

Raid spotted at 20 NM, estimated altitude 15,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 7 minutes

Allied aircraft
F4F-3A Wildcat x 9
F4F-3 Wildcat x 15
SBD-3 Dauntless x 16

Allied aircraft losses
SBD-3 Dauntless: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
CA Takao, Bomb hits 1
DD Oshio

the air attacks around Melbourne may be nice and they do limited damage but it's around Perth where the real party is going on... our carriers launch their first bombers early morning... it's again bad weather (how could it be any different?) but one SBD scores with a 1000lb bomb but Takao takes it and sails on... the penetrating bombs don't even seem to cause fires and this is a little frustrating to be honest as I seem to need 3 or 4 1000lb bombs to see a freighter sink the same day... a freighter may even sink after one 1000lb bomb hit, but only two weeks later...

Aircraft Attacking:
7 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 2000'
5 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 3000'

Morning Air attack on TF, near Busselton at 44,148

Raid spotted at 20 NM, estimated altitude 9,000 feet.

Allied aircraft
Fulmar II x 3
F2A-3 Buffalo x 12
F4F-3 Wildcat x 9
TBD-1 Devastator x 14

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
xAKL Kosho Maru, Bomb hits 10, and is sunk

Japanese ground losses:
451 casualties reported
Squads: 4 destroyed, 21 disabled
Non Combat: 17 destroyed, 18 disabled
Guns lost 12 (4 destroyed, 8 disabled)
Vehicles lost 3 (1 destroyed, 2 disabled)

how would a xAKL look like after being hit by 10 500lb bombs? And that's all my carriers did during the morning, I totally freaked out as my carriers only launched 10% of their bombers with ample enemy ships aroung... these routines just make me shaking my head, every real life commander would have launched every available bomber to strike the fleeing ships, there is no threat of an enemy carrier being anywhere near our position... Hiryu, Shokaku, Zuikaku and Co are spotted moving towards Perth at mission speed...

Aircraft Attacking:

Afternoon Air attack on Clark Field , at 79,76

Weather in hex: Clear sky

Raid spotted at 17 NM, estimated altitude 6,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21-Ic Sally x 5
Ki-21-IIa Sally x 23
Ki-30 Ann x 48
Ki-36 Ida x 12
Ki-48-Ib Lily x 33
Ki-51 Sonia x 15

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21-Ic Sally: 1 damaged
Ki-21-IIa Sally: 6 damaged
Ki-36 Ida: 1 damaged
Ki-48-Ib Lily: 1 damaged
Ki-51 Sonia: 2 damaged

Airbase hits 35
Airbase supply hits 8
Runway hits 140

Aircraft Attacking:
24 x Ki-48-Ib Lily bombing from 6000 feet
Airfield Attack: 4 x 100 kg GP Bomb
23 x Ki-21-IIa Sally bombing from 6000 feet
28 x Ki-30 Ann bombing from 6000 feet
15 x Ki-51 Sonia bombing from 6000 feet
Airfield Attack: 4 x 50 kg GP Bomb
12 x Ki-36 Ida bombing from 6000 feet
Airfield Attack: 4 x 30 kg GP Bomb
5 x Ki-21-Ic Sally bombing from 6000 feet
9 x Ki-48-Ib Lily bombing from 6000 feet
Airfield Attack: 4 x 100 kg GP Bomb
20 x Ki-30 Ann bombing from 6000 feet

Raid spotted at 5 NM, estimated altitude 6,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 1 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21-Ic Sally x 20

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21-Ic Sally: 4 damaged

Airbase hits 5
Runway hits 10

Aircraft Attacking:
20 x Ki-21-Ic Sally bombing from 6000 feet

Raid spotted at 17 NM, estimated altitude 9,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21-IIa Sally x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21-IIa Sally: 1 damaged

Airbase hits 5

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x Ki-21-IIa Sally bombing from 6000 feet

Afternoon Air attack on 5th Division, at 49,141 (Geraldton)

Raid spotted at 11 NM, estimated altitude 10,000 feet.

Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 9

Allied aircraft losses
Hudson I: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
17 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
9 x Hudson I bombing from 6000 feet
Ground Attack: 4 x 250 lb GP Bomb

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near King Island at 80,172

Raid spotted at 18 NM, estimated altitude 2,000 feet.

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 8
B-26 Marauder x 20

Allied aircraft losses
B-26 Marauder: 6 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Ise, Bomb hits 3
BB Hyuga, Bomb hits 5

the Marauders launch again and unfortunately nearly 50% of the available bombers attack the BB and it's pretty much the same as in WITP, bombs can't damage a BB in Babes... we score 8x500 lb bomb hits and none of the two BB take any damage, not even on fire as the bomb effect is just too small to do anything... will be interesting how I am going to sink the enemy BB in this campaign... I know, using torps but if the bombs don't effect them at all it's going to be a tough task to score with torps with more than limited torp bombers and totally defective torps...

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x B-26 Marauder bombing from 1000 feet

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near King Island at 80,172

Raid spotted at 18 NM, estimated altitude 3,000 feet.

Allied aircraft
Kittyhawk IA x 3
B-26 Marauder x 6

Allied aircraft losses
B-26 Marauder: 1 destroyed by flak

Japanese Ships
BB Hyuga, Bomb hits 1

Hyuga takes another 500lb bomb but still no effect... I really would like to see the two BB, probably not more than 5 sys damage...

Aircraft Attacking:

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Perth at 49,148

Raid spotted at 18 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.

Allied aircraft
Fulmar II x 3
F2A-3 Buffalo x 15
F4F-3A Wildcat x 9
F4F-3 Wildcat x 6
SBD-3 Dauntless x 13
TBD-1 Devastator x 13

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
xAK Zenyo Maru, Bomb hits 3, heavy fires
SC Ch 13, Bomb hits 6, and is sunk
SC Ch 14, Bomb hits 3, and is sunk

Japanese ground losses:
93 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 6 disabled

then the carriers decide to launch a couple of bombers again, sinking two SC and hitting a xAK with two 1000lb and one 500lb bomb, result, heavy fires but not even heavily damaged...

Aircraft Attacking:
9 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 2000'
13 x TBD-1 Devastator bombing from 6000 feet *
Naval Attack: 2 x 500 lb GP Bomb

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAK Zenyo Maru
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring SC Ch 14
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring SC Ch 13

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Busselton at 46,150

Raid spotted at 3 NM, estimated altitude 15,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 1 minutes

Allied aircraft
Sea Hurricane Ib x 2
F4F-3 Wildcat x 14
SBD-3 Dauntless x 14

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
xAK Teiryu Maru, Bomb hits 6, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Hakusika Maru, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Japanese ground losses:
215 casualties reported
Squads: 3 destroyed, 14 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 6 disabled
Guns lost 2 (2 destroyed, 0 disabled)

one xAK gone, the other one survives...

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 3000'
12 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 4000'

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAK Teiryu Maru

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Busselton at 48,149

Weather in hex: Light cloud

Raid spotted at 16 NM, estimated altitude 9,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 8 minutes

Allied aircraft
SBD-3 Dauntless x 29
TBD-1 Devastator x 28

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
xAK Hokumai Maru, Bomb hits 6, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Keihuku Maru, Bomb hits 8, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Tamagawa Maru, Bomb hits 13, and is sunk
xAK Sinkyo Maru, Bomb hits 9, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Tatutaki Maru, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires
xAK Teiyo Maru, Bomb hits 3, heavy fires, heavy damage

Japanese ground losses:
1452 casualties reported
Squads: 19 destroyed, 65 disabled
Non Combat: 27 destroyed, 60 disabled
Engineers: 2 destroyed, 7 disabled
Guns lost 13 (9 destroyed, 4 disabled)

there was still a somewhat bigger convoy in the area and a good sized strike arrives over the ships in nice weather which lead to quite devastating damage to the convoy... ship count goes up and up and up...

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 2000'
3 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 2000'
8 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 3000'
8 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 4000'

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAK Hokumai Maru
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAK Tamagawa Maru
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAK Sinkyo Maru
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAK Tatutaki Maru
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAK Keihuku Maru
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAK Teiyo Maru

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Perth at 46,145

Raid spotted at 9 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.

Allied aircraft
F4F-3 Wildcat x 9
TBD-1 Devastator x 14

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
xAK Bengal Maru, Bomb hits 5, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Denmark Maru, Bomb hits 2

Japanese ground losses:
143 casualties reported
Non Combat: 12 destroyed, 6 disabled
Guns lost 8 (5 destroyed, 3 disabled)

two 500lb bomb hits on Denmark Maru, no fires, no real damage... wonder if there was ever a freighter to survive two 500lb bombs exploding inside it's hull...

I think increasing bomb effect somewhat is still not enough, my feeling says bomb effects on ships should be even higher than stock values, but hit rates have to be drastically reduced... as it is now, a BB takes 10x500lb bombs and nothing happens, wonder how a BB would look like after 10 bombs would detonate somewhere in the superstructure or on deck not penetrating through deck armor... now those detonating on deck may not do much, but those detonating in the superstructure would definitely do damage I guess...

even with the new db, I guess with less effect and less accuracy than stock it's going to be at least twice as hard to sink ships by air attacks...

Aircraft Attacking:
14 x TBD-1 Devastator bombing from 6000 feet *

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAK Bengal Maru

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Perth at 49,148

Raid spotted at 48 NM, estimated altitude 10,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 19 minutes

Allied aircraft
SBD-3 Dauntless x 14

No Allied losses

attacking a ghost convoy...

Aircraft Attacking:
14 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 10000'

Sub attack near Perth at 47,144

Japanese Ships
xAK Celebes Maru, Torpedo hits 1, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS S-41

Japanese ground losses:
13 casualties reported
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 0 disabled

also the subs contribute to the carnage around Perth...

xAK Celebes Maru is sighted by SS S-41
SS S-41 launches 2 torpedoes

Submarine attack near Maryborough at 96,157

Japanese Ships
xAK Kotoku Maru, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS O19

while our subs are also active on Australia's East Coast operating against the enemy convoys bringing in stuff...

xAK Kotoku Maru is sighted by SS O19
SS O19 launches 2 torpedoes at xAK Kotoku Maru

Sub attack near Carnarvon at 47,136

Japanese Ships
DD Fubuki

Allied Ships
SS S-18

SS S-18 launches 2 torpedoes

Pre-Invasion action off Geraldton (49,141) - Coastal Guns Fire Back!

16 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Japanese Ships
xAK Yamaura Maru, Shell hits 4, on fire, heavy damage
xAK Tokiwa Maru
xAK Kimnon Maru

Japanese ground losses:
13 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
10 casualties reported

unfortunately our carriers launch only roughly 1/3 of the available bombers to attack enemy shipping which means the enemy is able to unload quite some ships at Geraldton... damn it...

Geraldton Fortress firing at xAK Yamaura Maru
4" CD Gun Battery engaging xAK Yamaura Maru at 12,000 yards
xAK Yamaura Maru fired at enemy troops
xAK Tokiwa Maru fired at enemy guns
xAK Kimnon Maru fired at enemy guns

Amphibious Assault at Geraldton (49,141)

TF 264 troops unloading over beach at Geraldton, 49,141

Japanese ground losses:
42 casualties reported
Squads: 2 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 3 destroyed, 0 disabled

parts of 48th Div come ashore after surviving the carnage...

19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost from landing craft during unload of 48th Div /3
19 troops of a IJA Infantry Squad lost from landing craft during unload of 48th Div /17
12 Support troops lost overboard during unload of 48th Div /17
12 Support troops lost in surf during unload of 48th Div
12 Support troops lost in surf during unload of 48th Div

Pre-Invasion action off Geraldton (49,141)

13 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Japanese Ships
xAP Kasado Maru
xAP Kowa Maru
xAP Palau Maru

Allied ground losses:
13 casualties reported

xAP Kasado Maru fired at enemy troops
xAP Kowa Maru fired at enemy troops
xAP Palau Maru fired at enemy guns
xAP Kasado Maru fired at enemy troops
Defensive Guns fire at approaching troops in landing craft at 2,000 yards

Amphibious Assault at Geraldton (49,141)

TF 299 troops unloading over beach at Geraldton, 49,141

12 Support troops lost in surf during unload of 26th Engr Rgt

Amphibious Assault at Vanua Lava (121,148)

TF 337 troops unloading over beach at Vanua Lava, 121,148

Japanese ground losses:
18 casualties reported

17 troops of a SNLF Squad lost in surf during unload of 5th Indpt SNLF Coy

Ground combat at Wuchow (76,57)

Attacking force 3600 troops, 38 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 127

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 0

Japanese adjusted assault: 128

Allied adjusted defense: 1

Japanese assault odds: 128 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Wuchow !!!

Combat modifiers
Attacker: leaders(+)

Assaulting units:
102nd Infantry Regiment

enemy units slowly advance on all my undefended bases in China...

Ground combat at Cabanatuan (80,76)

Attacking force 6934 troops, 49 guns, 2 vehicles, Assault Value = 255

Defending force 4592 troops, 126 guns, 196 vehicles, Assault Value = 15

Japanese adjusted assault: 136

Allied adjusted defense: 6

Japanese assault odds: 22 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Cabanatuan !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: leaders(+), disruption(-), preparation(-), fatigue(-)
experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
136 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 9 disabled

Allied ground losses:
2874 casualties reported
Squads: 29 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 399 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 12 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 157 (157 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Vehicles lost 272 (272 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units destroyed 3

and our AA units are done... too late, the were using up literally all of our supply...

Assaulting units:
I./33rd Inf Regt
III./4th Infantry Battalion
10th Garrison Unit
Kure 3rd SNLF

Defending units:
Clark Field USAAF Base Force
Manila USAAF Base Force
200th & 515th Coast AA Regiment

Ground combat at Malang (55,105)

Attacking force 2292 troops, 212 guns, 60 vehicles, Assault Value = 473

Defending force 36110 troops, 305 guns, 124 vehicles, Assault Value = 654

Japanese ground losses:
13 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
12 casualties reported

this siege will last several months longer...

Assaulting units:
41st Infantry Regiment
143rd Infantry Regiment
16th Infantry Regiment
Yokosuka 2nd SNLF
II/81st Naval Guard Unit
3rd Ind. Mountain Gun Regiment
5th Mortar Battalion
3rd Medium Field Artillery Regiment
18th Medium Field Artillery Regiment
3rd Mortar Battalion
14th Ind.Art.Mortar Battalion
2nd Field Artillery Regiment

Defending units:
Mobiele Eenheid Battalion
Tjilatjap KNIL Battalion
2nd KNIL Regiment
1st Regt Cavalerie
1st KNIL Regiment
3rd KNIL Landstorm Battalion
Barisan KNIL Regiment
Marinier Battalion
2nd KNIL Landstorm Battalion
4th KNIL Regiment
1st KNIL Landstorm Battalion
Lijfwacht Cav Sqn
6th KNIL Regiment
1 ML-KNIL Aviation
North Java Base Force
ML-KNIL
2 ML-KNIL Aviation
South Java Base Force
Soerabaja Base Force
KNIL Army Command
Commandement Marine
ABDA
Batavia Base Force
MLD
Bandoeng Base Force

Ground combat at Geraldton (49,141)

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 513 troops, 2 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 17

Defending force 5003 troops, 46 guns, 16 vehicles, Assault Value = 169

Assaulting units:
Geraldton Fortress
6th RAAF Base Force

Defending units:
48th Div /7
5th Div /6
26th Engineer Regiment
5th Ind. Engr Rgt /2

so we have parts of two divs plus two eng rgt surviving the attacks around Perth but if you look at the number of troops it's just a pityful force... will be of course enough to take the lightly defended base...

Ground combat at Brisbane (96,160)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 13180 troops, 113 guns, 47 vehicles, Assault Value = 423

Defending force 3837 troops, 23 guns, 1 vehicles, Assault Value = 16

Japanese adjusted assault: 684

Allied adjusted defense: 26

Japanese assault odds: 26 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Brisbane !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: experience(-)
Attacker: shock(+)

Japanese ground losses:
194 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 12 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled

Allied ground losses:
2819 casualties reported
Squads: 31 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 94 destroyed, 14 disabled
Engineers: 31 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 22 (22 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Vehicles lost 1 (1 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units retreated 1
Units destroyed 1

the enemy takes Brisbane, nice propaganda victory for the Japanese but not much more, we have abandoned the base as you just can't hold it in open terrain anyway... the base wasn't built up so it's not offering a port or airfield as big as the Japanese would like to have... amazingly, the base force retreated, even though it had a static garisson... not bad, the unit offers some flak guns, aviation support and 100 nav support if filled up with replacements... the unit will try to reach Melbourne... will be interesting if bluebook will focus on both Sydney and Melbourne at the same time or if he'll send everything to Melbourne as the main part of his Army landed at Port Augusta...

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Assaulting units:
4th/C Division
38th/A Division
38th/C Division

Defending units:
Brisbane Fortress
Brisbane Base Force

Ground combat at Geraldton (49,141)

Attacking force 934 troops, 17 guns, 3 vehicles, Assault Value = 169

Defending force 1197 troops, 6 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 17

Assaulting units:
48th Div /7
5th Div /6
26th Engineer Regiment
5th Ind. Engr Rgt /2

Defending units:
Geraldton Fortress
6th RAAF Base Force

here are CA Chicago's stats after engaging in several night and day battles this turn, day exp went up 3 points and night exp went up 7 points... with 62 night experience she is barely ready to fight the IJN one on one but she's now probably the USN CA with the highest night rating... the heavy cruiser has fired all her main battery ammo...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 380
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/10/2012 12:57:54 PM   
castor troy

Here's the victory point ratio. IJ's points are going up due to the same reason as in the last months, he takes empty ground from me, scoring points doing so. Ours goes up too though due to sinking major parts of his invasion fleet off Perth. And for every 1000 points we score, he has to score 4000 if he aims at an autovictory. In fact, he has to score more as he isn't near the needed 4:1.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by castor troy -- 4/10/2012 1:00:30 PM >

Post #: 381
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/10/2012 6:31:13 PM   
Captain Cruft

How did bluebook react to all those sinkings around Perth?

Post #: 382
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/10/2012 6:55:45 PM   
LoBaron

Nice!

Perth is a war turner. bluebooks ops tempo will need to get slower to avoid losing high value strategic assets too early, and
I think you delivered this message.

< Message edited by LoBaron -- 4/10/2012 6:56:54 PM >

Post #: 383
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/10/2012 8:35:23 PM   
crsutton

Considering the date it has to be a very satisfying day for the Allies. I know you expected better but you bit a nice chunk out of the tiger.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 384
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/11/2012 7:52:57 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Cruft

How did bluebook react to all those sinkings around Perth?

guess he wasn't happy about it... and the best thing about it, we aren't done yet

(in reply to Captain Cruft)
Post #: 385
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/11/2012 7:57:35 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

Nice!

Perth is a war turner. bluebooks ops tempo will need to get slower to avoid losing high value strategic assets too early, and
I think you delivered this message.

I think the whole Australian adventure will be a war turner. The disaster for the IJN off Perth wouldn't be enough to stop him seriously going against Darwin or PM but landing another 5 or 6 divisions West and East of Melbourne/Sydney makes it pretty much impossible to take Darwin or PM within the next months (if he doesn't evacuate his Armies from Southern Australia, which also takes time). The coming weeks will be very interesting but if he fails to take Melbourne and/or Sydney quickly, he will fail IMO. He may even take a base, but justifying the costs doing so will be very hard. I think he shouldn't have gone there.

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 386
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/11/2012 8:19:06 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

Considering the date it has to be a very satisfying day for the Allies. I know you expected better but you bit a nice chunk out of the tiger.

I'm a bit disappointed by the number of carrier strike aircraft that attacked the enemy convoys, been glad I dispatched the cruisers from my carrier TF as they contributed to the carnage. All in all, the enemy Army that was tasked to take the Perth area is only a ghost of what is has been when it embarked the troop transports.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 387
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/11/2012 8:34:00 AM   
Puhis

Those troop losses are going to hurt, this is not scenario 2 where Japan have extra divisions. Also, after amphibious bonus is over, it's hell of a job to evacuate even one division, because loading takes days and days... I think if he fails to capture Australia, IJA divisions are pretty much stuck there.

Of course he can buy destroyed units back, but they come back almost empty and experience is lost.

Post #: 388
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/11/2012 8:41:13 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Puhis

Those troop losses are going to hurt, this is not scenario 2 where Japan have extra divisions. Also, after amphibious bonus is over, it's hell of a job to evacuate even one division, because loading takes days and days... I think if he fails to capture Australia, IJA divisions are pretty much stuck there.

Of course he can buy destroyed units back, but they come back almost empty and experience is lost.

I think if he would decide to evacuate his Armies he would be able to do that, it's only early 42 after all and I am not that strong to wipe the floor with the Japanese. He took Brisbane and with some nav support there it shouldn't be that much of a problem to move out his units if he decides to. He may take losses (probably mostly to my subs) but he should be able to get the majority of his troops out if he decides to do so.

And that would mean victory for us. But we are far from that point, he doesn't think about retreating, he said he is comitted now so let's see if he will be able to take Melbourne or Sydney. And there is Perth too of course, so at the moment he tries to go up against Sydney, Melbourne and Perth. With the loss of most of his ground troops tasked for Perth it will take a couple of weeks to bring in fresh divisions, no idea about his pp situation, when I look at my strongholds in the SRA there is not much he can take away from those areas so he has to buy out divisions from Japan, Manchuko or China.

The most important fact about our operation against the enemy convoys off Perth was gaining time and we gained a lot of time. Of course sinking all that stuff was nice too.

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 389
RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor tro... - 4/11/2012 8:47:26 AM   
Historiker

When he goes for Sydney... Have you already recieved the reinforcements?

Post #: 390
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Ending an IJ wet dream - bluebook (J) vs castor troy (A) Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI