Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Immense Pleasure of Huge Wargames

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The Immense Pleasure of Huge Wargames Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Immense Pleasure of Huge Wargames - 4/10/2012 9:25:45 PM   
Mike Peck

Thought you folks would get a kick out of this. http://kotaku.com/5895917/the-immense-pleasure-of-huge-war-games

Michael
Post #: 1
RE: The Immense Pleasure of Huge Wargames - 4/13/2012 1:43:52 AM   
johnnyvagas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Peck

Thought you folks would get a kick out of this. http://kotaku.com/5895917/the-immense-pleasure-of-huge-war-games

Michael

I thought the comments following the article were kind of humorous, if not down right daft. Some of the posters indicated war games with square grids are preferable to the "confusing" hexagonal grid used on the War in the East map. Square grids? Are they cave dwellers who are still playing Tactics-II or AH’s original Gettysburg? I guess these same dudes slept through basic geometry and probably think Pythagorean's theorem is some sort of medical condition.

(in reply to Mike Peck)
Post #: 2
RE: The Immense Pleasure of Huge Wargames - 4/13/2012 1:54:40 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: johnnyvagas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Peck

Michael

I thought the comments following the article were kind of humorous, if not down right daft. Some of the posters indicated war games with square grids are preferable to the "confusing" hexagonal grid used on the War in the East map. Square grids? Are they cave dwellers who are still playing Tactics-II or AH’s original Gettysburg? I guess these same dudes slept through basic geometry and probably think Pythagorean's theorem is some sort of medical condition.

Actually I find square grids really confusing. I feel like I am locked in a room and there are no doors out when squares are used. DUH.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to johnnyvagas)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The Immense Pleasure of Huge Wargames Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI