Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cancel build queue?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Cancel build queue? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cancel build queue? - 12/21/2011 9:49:28 AM   
sPOONz

Just a quick question on how do i cancel my building designations? I must have gone blind as I cant see it anywhere. My specific issue is having decided to build mining stations EVERYWHERE only to realise they have a maintenece upkeep. Now i cant cancel them.

Thanks

Also, how do I cancel fleets?

< Message edited by sPOONz -- 12/21/2011 10:02:01 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Cancel build queue? - 12/21/2011 10:29:24 AM   
feelotraveller

To cancel upcoming builds select constructor and then use the stop button, lower left window, lower left button. This will cancel everything including the current job. You can repair current job if you want to finish it. Or right click on constructor and use cancel queued missions from dropdown menu. That way current job will be finished.

If you really have too many mining bases (is it possible? ) you can always scrap them. A bit of a waste but no more maintenance. Remember that for your normal mining bases the maintenance is paid for by the civilian sector.

To cancel a ship in the build queue select it and hit cancel. You get half your money back. If the ship is already built you can choose retire (right click on ship...) which will return the resources used in building it but no money.

(in reply to sPOONz)
Post #: 2
RE: Cancel build queue? - 12/21/2011 12:34:42 PM   
sPOONz

Thats great, thankyou.

(in reply to sPOONz)
Post #: 3
RE: Cancel build queue? - 12/22/2011 5:18:00 PM   
sPOONz

Urgh, or not!

Ok so Im still having trouble getting things canceled. My issue isnt telling a spaceships to stop doing its current task. Its canceling build designations. So to explain in specifics...

I have mining stations designated through: Expansion Planner > Resource Targets by Galaxy Priority > (clicking on desired resource locations) > Queue nearest Construction Ship > (Which places a little spaceship icon on the choosen resource column)

If I then want to cancel that specific designation I see no option to do so. So how do I cancel it?

I have chased my constructors about the map instructing them to 'clear all queued missons' hoping that would work but it didnt.

Also, are the 'build mining stations' covered by the automation feature? Ive a bunch of designations in the middle of nowhere sat beside pirate strongholds which I swear wasnt my decision? If it is automated, then which check-box do I need to unclick as there is no clear option.

I hope my post is clear enough on what my problem is, in short... I CANT CANCEL BUILD DESIGNATIONS AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

EDIT: Ok, getting the construction ship to stop what its doing does cancel the job completely. Good. And when the mining station is complete, using the scrap button gets rid of it (my mistake was having the mine location selected no the actual mining station.) So now Im just trying to figure out how to cancel a job before a constructor heads off to it.

EDIT 2: It just occured to me that mining is covered under the private secter, yes? So thats why mining stations are popping up in awkard places. i guess my job as head of state is to protect those interests. Shame I cant introduce some new Laws to get some state influence over the private sector. Maybe in the next update, they could call it Distant Worlds: Red Tape.

EDIT 3: Now Ive just realised Ive anwsered my own question. Their is no option to cancel Mining designations because its the business of the private sector. Yay me!

< Message edited by sPOONz -- 12/22/2011 10:54:30 PM >

(in reply to sPOONz)
Post #: 4
RE: Cancel build queue? - 4/18/2012 4:19:16 AM   
merkaba954

Part of your issue is that your construction ships are on automate. Which causes them to go build on **** the ai thinks you need. This is sometimes helpful but also annoying cause of how far away theu will build something.
I have just recently syarted setting them all to manual and then assigning them to do what I want them to and then queueing them to refuel at my homeworld so after theu refuel they sit idle. Till I want them to do something else. That way I can concetrate in building everything I want built nearby of my colonies as opposed to the ai deciding I need a gas mine 4 sectors away. I will prepare for an upcpming war however by building refuiling stations in route to a faction that I am gonna engage in war that isn't right beside my empire.

I only just started this method but I can see ot being usefull as I will generally have a.constructor ready to start a project at all times as opposed to them eating resources building crap all over the place.

Private sector controls private ships not your constructors. Its just when they are automated the ai will constantly have them queued building crap everywhere. And a lot of it seems pointless since it will build it so far away logistically its a nightmare for the private sector to utilize it.

If the above post is hard to read in any way, don't flame me bro! I blame it all on the android amd its lack of a trackball of some kind

(in reply to sPOONz)
Post #: 5
RE: Cancel build queue? - 6/28/2012 2:55:04 PM   
PeeDub

I had a similar problem.

There were a few planets in a system that I set to colonize, but then the system got hit by a silvermist outbreak. Now I can't take those planets off the colonize list, and my AI keeps sending ships up to get slaughtered. (And I have chosen not to combat them.)

How can I remove those planets from my colonization queue?

(in reply to merkaba954)
Post #: 6
RE: Cancel build queue? - 7/12/2012 11:33:04 PM   
PeeDub

Hey, sorry for potentially breaking protocol, but I didn't necessarily want to start a new thread.

BUMP.

I really would like an answer to this question, por favor.

(in reply to PeeDub)
Post #: 7
RE: Cancel build queue? - 7/13/2012 12:03:22 AM   
Dracus

set colonize, then you can just scrap the ship before it gets built. Auto colozation can get you into trouble at times.

(in reply to PeeDub)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Cancel build queue? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI