Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can you have to many FZ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Can you have to many FZ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can you have to many FZ? - 4/23/2012 7:05:58 PM   
CarnageINC

I don't have a problem...yet . I know that Baelfinn had some problems earlier with having to many FZ's and was having a break down in the supply system. I'm not sure of the details and I'm not sure if what Baelfiin experienced was a bug so I thought I would ask the question.

How many FZ's can you build before you have a issue, bug related.

In my current game versus Aurelian I have a substantive amount of FZ's and as far as I can tell everyone is still getting supplies okay. I'm just concerned if there is/was a bug that effected supplies or some other issue. My strategy in this game calls for 400 plus lvl 3 FZ's by the time I'm done...if my supply situation can take the strain.

Thanks for any help in the matter.

Post #: 1
RE: Can you have to many FZ? - 4/23/2012 7:31:20 PM   
elmo3

This probably belongs on the War Room since AFAIK there is no bug related to FZ's. If you build more than your supply system can handle then you will have problems. Not sure what that number is but I'd guess you'll see supply issues before you hit 400.

< Message edited by elmo3 -- 4/23/2012 8:14:33 PM >

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 2
RE: Can you have to many FZ? - 4/23/2012 7:39:49 PM   
CarnageINC

So for posting in the wrong forum, but thanks for confirming there is no bug and it was just a supply issue with that number.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 3
RE: Can you have to many FZ? - 4/23/2012 8:26:38 PM   
elmo3

My first reply was a bit confusing. Baelfinn's supply issue was added to the bug list so we can watch for it, but it does not repeat from a save file so it's a very low priority and if there is a bug it may never be found. If you start running out of supply due to too many FZ's please let us know and try to get a save file that repeats the issue. So we can leave this thread here. Sorry for any confusion.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 4
RE: Can you have to many FZ? - 4/23/2012 9:10:52 PM   
gingerbread

It is not the FZ's themselves that causes the supply shortage, it is the lvl 3 fort construction that they allow that is expensive in terms of supply.

Per V1.05.18 item 20 g) it costs 1000 supply to build from lvl 2 to lvl 3 (20 supply per construction point) and 1000 more to build to lvl 3 + 10% (5 x 200).

If you plan on building fort carpets like Baelfiin, plan on evacuating some HI during '41. In addition to the known military expenditures, pop does consume supply as well so be sure to have some margin and monitor your supply stock in the production screen. If you really plan on 400+ hexes with lvl 3 (+10%) forts, you will have to plan your construction with regards to supply. That is 800+k supply and I doubt there is that much in stock. Every factory (ARM, AC AFV) that uses supply for input wants 2 turns worth of stock.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 5
RE: Can you have to many FZ? - 4/23/2012 10:01:10 PM   
CarnageINC

I'm using this strategy on the German side, trying to build 'fire breaks' sort to speak.  Building boxes, or diamonds of fortifications like the Brit's used in the Desert War against DAK.  I disband the FZ's when the Red's get to close so I'm not wasting men on attacks and space in the hex.

I didn't know about the supply costs being that high!  I might have to reevaluate my tactics.  Thanks for the info guys

(in reply to gingerbread)
Post #: 6
RE: Can you have to many FZ? - 5/1/2012 10:16:17 PM   
rbm1954

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerbread

It is not the FZ's themselves that causes the supply shortage, it is the lvl 3 fort construction that they allow that is expensive in terms of supply.

Per V1.05.18 item 20 g) it costs 1000 supply to build from lvl 2 to lvl 3 (20 supply per construction point) and 1000 more to build to lvl 3 + 10% (5 x 200).

It appears that FZs are not necessary to get to Level 3 + 10%. Per V1.05.18 item 20 c) Requirement to build up to Fort Level 3 - Must be adjacent to an enemy hex, be an urban or city hex, or be in or adjacent to a fort unit. Once the level 3 is reached, the condition does not have to continue to be met to keep the level 3 fort.
and
d) Fort levels that have reached their maximum fort level for the hex may continue to build up to 10% towards the next fort level.

Is there any way to stop the fort building process at level 3 and not spend the 1000 supplies to get to level 3 + 10%?

(in reply to gingerbread)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Can you have to many FZ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI