Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Need help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Need help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need help - 5/13/2012 6:06:45 PM   
mauser

I originally purchaesed this game when it came out and just couldn't get into it as I found the manual poorly written with too many omissions. I recently decided that with Case Blue on the horizon I really should learn the system. However I continue to be frustrated and am hoping that if someone could answer a few questions I have that I could actually get into the game.
1) I have started the Case Yellow scenario setting the German side to AI with the rest of the belligerants to human. Starting play I notice that I can only control the French troops. I have no control over the Dutch or Belgians and can olnly strategically move the Brits.
2) How do you know the range of the Headquarter units and their associated commanders?
3) What do the little green, yellow, and red squares at the bottom right of the expanded unit counters represent?
4) Why is there a discrepancy in unit strength between the small unit counters and the larger ones? Which is more accurate?

Thank you for your help.
Post #: 1
RE: Need help - 5/13/2012 8:13:19 PM   
Rosseau

My first scenario was Yellow, playing the French and British against the German AI. The AI also handled the Belgians, etc. After the French turn, it became the British turn and I was able to move the British units, so not sure what is going on there.

Highlight a unit and check the unit details tab at the bottom right. It will show a listing of stats including HQ percentage, with 100% being full command control I would guess. Range for Corps to regiments seems to be at least 7-8 hexes along roads. I think the little squares mean the general condition of units - green is good, etc.

I too am waiting for Case Blue and a "super" patch for dc1 that Vic has mentioned.

(in reply to mauser)
Post #: 2
RE: Need help - 5/13/2012 9:32:12 PM   
mauser

Thanks Rosseau, that is helpful.

(in reply to mauser)
Post #: 3
RE: Need help - 5/14/2012 12:30:30 PM   
Keunert

1) you play one nation at a time. you have to finish the french turn to get the other nation. a little strange at the start but does work once you get used to.

there is some useful info at Barthhearts how to attack guide:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2561038

(in reply to mauser)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Need help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI