Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/12/2012 11:56:22 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: nate25

Parusski's SO must've kicked the computer. Haven't had a word, have we?
Warspite1

He appeared for 5 mins earlier today I think and then went. Maybe he's round at the neighbours' again, worrying - er I mean fixing her electrical equipment.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to nate25)
Post #: 121
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/13/2012 12:04:56 AM   
planner 3

Rogo727, the reason you felt at home in Flooreeda is that most Floridians come from two places, Cuba (South FL), and the rest are old godgers such as myself who are either transplants or snowbirds who've have decided that SNOW, COLD, WORK, are all four letter words. Oh yeah we saved a fewplaces for the Natives, they are nice too !

"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 122
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/13/2012 12:41:25 AM   
rodney727

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

Warspite1

Is that a badger or beaver?

I'm sorry but that was funny!

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 123
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/13/2012 1:53:52 AM   
wodin

Anyone a member? Is it like another Wargamer? I signed up and said hello as I heard it was Longblades, though when I realised most of them where Wargamer members I decided to do quick exit, nothing wrong with Wargamer members per se just uncomfortable around certain ones. I was tempted to sign up using a different avatar name. I wish I had. I haven't used Wodin for new forums I join for a few years now anyway.

As Slaak nows I'm sure, you can never be banned form any forum if you so wish. You can be back on in less than a couple of mins. Tor browser for starters comes to mind. I have found in the past people who have a real grudge with me as Wodin can think I'm cool when I've used a different avatar, I have a giggle to myself when it happens, though it can be real hard to bite your tongue, yet I'm the same person saying the same things as I would as Wodin! Which to me has always proved it's them with a problem not me.

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 124
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/14/2012 9:56:18 PM   
nate25

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Anyone a member? Is it like another Wargamer? I signed up and said hello as I heard it was Longblades, though when I realised most of them where Wargamer members I decided to do quick exit, nothing wrong with Wargamer members per se just uncomfortable around certain ones. I was tempted to sign up using a different avatar name. I wish I had. I haven't used Wodin for new forums I join for a few years now anyway.

As Slaak nows I'm sure, you can never be banned form any forum if you so wish. You can be back on in less than a couple of mins. Tor browser for starters comes to mind. I have found in the past people who have a real grudge with me as Wodin can think I'm cool when I've used a different avatar, I have a giggle to myself when it happens, though it can be real hard to bite your tongue, yet I'm the same person saying the same things as I would as Wodin! Which to me has always proved it's them with a problem not me.

Wodin, I'm missing where you're going here. Can you bring this slow one into understanding?

I have a subtle and cunning plan.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 125
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/14/2012 10:03:18 PM   
wodin

nate25 going nowhere really just rambling.

Just ignore me.

(in reply to nate25)
Post #: 126
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/14/2012 10:03:28 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: nate25

quote:

Wodin, I'm missing where you're going here. Can you bring this slow one into understanding?

I get it. And wodin is so spot on about being liked/disliked based on different names/avatars.

Full disclosure...I am actually SLAAKMAN. SEE.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to nate25)
Post #: 127
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 1:08:54 AM   
wodin

The only time to worry is if your start having conversations with yourself. Just imagine matrix games forum could just be populated by 30 people all using different avatars!

Paranoia will set in now Mr P or is it Mr S or is that you Mr Rutins.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 128
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 2:07:10 AM   
parusski

quote:

The only time to worry is if your start having conversations with yourself. Just imagine matrix games forum could just be populated by 30 people all using different avatars!

Paranoia will set in now Mr P or is it Mr S or is that you Mr Rutins.

LOL. You WILL NEVER KNOW. BWWAAHAHAHA.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 129
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 2:58:38 AM   
rodney727

quote:

Wodin,
We all make mistakes, that's why pencils have erasers, just ask the Germans, just kidding! Although I have never posted anything over at the wargamer (and I never will) I get what you are saying. If I want a good laugh or amusement I will check that site out, I never take anything for serious over there, like I do here. Even if I disagree with you I do enjoy yours and everyone's posts at matrix games forums.

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 130
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 8:16:19 AM   
wodin

Grogheads seems a good place actually, though it's definitely a rival to Wargamer, many have moved over there. Even Jarhead is a mod which seems like a conflict of interests. Also I always felt a strange choice for a mod anyway. It's run by Longblade.

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 131
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 12:14:40 PM   
Staggerwing

quote:

Grogheads seems a good place actually, though it's definitely a rival to Wargamer, many have moved over there. Even Jarhead is a mod which seems like a conflict of interests. Also I always felt a strange choice for a mod anyway. It's run by Longblade.

I curious to know why do you think that Jarhead is a strange choice for a mod? What would make it a conflict of interest for him to hold unpaid mod positions across two sets of forums?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 132
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 2:25:07 PM   
BAL

Never heard of Grogheads until I read this thread. Looks like copy and paste of the same bitchin'and moanin' you see at wargamer.

Think I'll pass.

I'll try being nicer if you try being less stupid. - anon

(in reply to Staggerwing)
Post #: 133
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 3:16:56 PM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Staggerwing

quote:

I curious to know why do you think that Jarhead is a strange choice for a mod? What would make it a conflict of interest for him to hold unpaid mod positions across two sets of forums?

Erm, mainly because alot of members have left Wargamer behind and moved over to grogheads, also Jarheads input over at Wargamer has dropped of loads recently and it ties in with his moderating job over at Grogheads. Jarheads presence has been something I'd noticed had been gone for abit at Wargamer, he has made about 2 posts or so in two months. If I moved onto a new forum and became a mod and released I wasn't putting in the same time over at the old forum where I was also a mod I'd step down, so someone else could take my place and give it the time it deserved. I just wrote abit on why I think Jarhead is a poor choice for a mod. I decided it was the wrong thing to do though. I think those who Jarhead has taken a dislike to or who have a different opinion on something to him will know the reasons, his personality is less a moderator and more an agitator.

Still Grogheads looks like a good place to me. hough if you didn't like Wragamer your not going to like Grogheads.

(in reply to Staggerwing)
Post #: 134
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 3:35:42 PM   
Jarhead0331

^Interesting...very very interesting. 

de.ci.sive.ness\ n. 1. Ability to make decisions promptly and to announce them in clear, forceful manner. 2. See United States Marine.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 135
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 3:40:49 PM   
wodin

Blimey that was quick. Jarhead you've admitted yourself before now your a hothead. This isn't news to you surely:)

< Message edited by wodin -- 5/15/2012 3:42:36 PM >

(in reply to Jarhead0331)
Post #: 136
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 3:44:23 PM   
Jarhead0331

I'm going to ignore your comments which are extremely inappropriate and way, way off-base.

de.ci.sive.ness\ n. 1. Ability to make decisions promptly and to announce them in clear, forceful manner. 2. See United States Marine.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 137
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 3:48:24 PM   
wodin

Fair enough. Observation thats all. I see you can keep it in check though when your not a mod. Thats great. I haven't insulted or said anything derogatory about you here. Nothing you haven't really said about yourself anyway. I do feel your presence is missed over at Wargamer, well it's noticeable your not around. Again observations. Staggerwing asked I answered in the most diplomatic way I could. Though obviously someone has rushed to you to highlight this thread, which is amusing in itself.

< Message edited by wodin -- 5/15/2012 3:51:13 PM >

(in reply to Jarhead0331)
Post #: 138
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 4:01:56 PM   
wodin

Oh darn it, I better drop out of Grogheads now...ahem. Funny I think there is a tell tale in our midst!

Only joking, I really don't care.

I have no hard feelings to you Jarhead. I made sure I never wrote down anything here that could be construed as slagging you off or offensive.

Just seen who is viewing this thread right now. Makes sense. I will say be careful who you listen too.

< Message edited by wodin -- 5/15/2012 4:09:21 PM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 139
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 6:36:24 PM   
martok

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 140
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 6:45:24 PM   
wodin

martok, dropped or was dropped in it. Oh um. I open my mouth sometimes without thinking about the consequences and I'm being followed by someone who is waiting for me to slip up or say the wrong thing.

Fits in with the thread title though.

So it's on topic at least. I know someone is trying to get me banned here. Wont happen as I won let it. Very bitter for some odd reason. Oh not jarhead by the way. I like him, just not the right temperament in my opinion for a Mod which isn't a bad thing at all really. No it's some other member who has his own agenda and will use others to full fill it. So really they are being used. Shame.

I apologise to Jarhead never wanted to upset him, nor to be derogatroy as I said I forgot about a certain person ready to run off and tell him about this thread.

Sorry Jarhead. Love you really.

(in reply to martok)
Post #: 141
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 6:51:41 PM   
Bison36

What is the point of calling out people from another site here? Isn't this the sort of behavior that you were decrying in your initial post? Jarhead has done nothing to warrant this cross forum smear. He performs a rather thankless job of attempting to keep us wargaming rift raft in line, so that we may discuss and enjoy our shared hobby of wargaming. I don't know about the past dealing between you and Jarhead at the wargamer nor do I want too. However Jarhead is a good and caring man, if you haven't seen this side of him than you haven't tried to get to know him.

Anyway you are, as far as I'm concerned, welcome at grogheads. I'm just one of the rift raft that they let wander the halls too. I believe we had a nice discussion going about the AI of Conflict of Heroes. Isn't that a much better use of internet time than attempting to create unnecessary drama? The wargaming community is a small community and many of us frequent the same sites and forums to discuss games and life with those who share the love for the wargaming hobby.

Have a good day and happy gaming.

(in reply to martok)
Post #: 142
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 7:48:14 PM   
SLAAKMAN

quote:

What is the point of calling out people from another site here? Isn't this the sort of behavior that you were decrying in your initial post? Jarhead has done nothing to warrant this cross forum smear. He performs a rather thankless job of attempting to keep us wargaming rift raft in line, so that we may discuss and enjoy our shared hobby of wargaming. I don't know about the past dealing between you and Jarhead at the wargamer nor do I want too. However Jarhead is a good and caring man, if you haven't seen this side of him than you haven't tried to get to know him.

If that is true then why does he censor the accounts of those who oppose his dogma? No point to debate at wargamer. They dont debate, they smear, censor, delete & make threats.

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 143
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 8:07:48 PM   
wodin

Like some sort of forum superhero in enters Slaakman....

If you read my posts I really don't think what I said was a smear to be honest. I was called out to elaborate so I did by expressing my opinion that his temperament gets in the way, I've witnessed it many times when he doesn't agree with someones views. A mod should be impartial in my opinion and not get involved in arguing with members who disagree with his personal opinions on games or even politics unless it's someone attacking the forum they mod. In my opinion once you except the role of a mod your then representing the company\forum and your own opinions take a back seat. If you wish to have normal input where you don't want to be impartial and want to express your own opinions then don't take on a mod role. Again thats my opinion and why I think Jarhead isn't suited to the role. He gets to involved in flame wars and isn't impartial especially if someone has a different opinion to him, if they are being trolled for it then you have to step in and defend them even though you may not agree with their point of view, this where I feel jarheads own personnel opinions gets in the way of being a Mod, who again should be impartial to everything and make sure everyone is heard and isn't attacked trolled etc just because others don't agree with their view. I also stated he hardly posts any more at wargamer which is true.

I say again I like Jarhead, saying he isn't mod material doesn't mean he is a bad person. I think anyone with strong convictions who feel the need to voice them shouldn't take on a mod role.

I see this thread getting locked very soon.

< Message edited by wodin -- 5/15/2012 8:23:42 PM >

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 144
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 8:19:45 PM   
SLAAKMAN

(The hypocrisy & favoritism at WG makes ones blood boil).

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 145
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 8:56:09 PM   
Keunert

^the lunacy on the net itself makes an appearance!

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 146
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 9:43:58 PM   
SLAAKMAN

Greetings Lord Keunert. I grant you clemency for voicing dissent at Whoregambler for committing treason by violating their oaths to defend the Constitution. You are most truly a Catcher in the Rye. You may go in peace.

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 147
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 9:51:51 PM   
rodney727

Wodin you trouble maker . I enjoy the wargamer for game reviews and war articles.

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 148
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 9:57:06 PM   
rodney727

quote:

Like some sort of forum superhero in enters Slaakman....

If you read my posts I really don't think what I said was a smear to be honest. I was called out to elaborate so I did by expressing my opinion that his temperament gets in the way, I've witnessed it many times when he doesn't agree with someones views. A mod should be impartial in my opinion and not get involved in arguing with members who disagree with his personal opinions on games or even politics unless it's someone attacking the forum they mod. In my opinion once you except the role of a mod your then representing the company\forum and your own opinions take a back seat. If you wish to have normal input where you don't want to be impartial and want to express your own opinions then don't take on a mod role. Again thats my opinion and why I think Jarhead isn't suited to the role. He gets to involved in flame wars and isn't impartial especially if someone has a different opinion to him, if they are being trolled for it then you have to step in and defend them even though you may not agree with their point of view, this where I feel jarheads own personnel opinions gets in the way of being a Mod, who again should be impartial to everything and make sure everyone is heard and isn't attacked trolled etc just because others don't agree with their view. I also stated he hardly posts any more at wargamer which is true.

I say again I like Jarhead, saying he isn't mod material doesn't mean he is a bad person. I think anyone with strong convictions who feel the need to voice them shouldn't take on a mod role.

I see this thread getting locked very soon.

Well said wodin. I have seen jarhead at his finest over there which is why I don't post anything. They should take lessons from Erik and others over here.

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 149
RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company - 5/15/2012 10:01:02 PM   
Scott Parrino

Here I thought this thread would be entertaining in finding odd quirks in sites and companies. The Something Awful forums charge $10 bucks to register on their forums and sometimes if someone makes a poor thread, a mod will come in with a "Mod Challenge" and challenge the OP to do something or be banned. How's that for some crazy?

Scott Parrino
Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
Follow us on Twitter and on Facebook!

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI