Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 2/6/2001 10:54:00 AM   
1stSgt USMC

Chief, Troopie, Welcome Aboard I'm for one am glad to see more of our brethern from across the pond standing to be counted. ------------------ 1stSgt Semper Fi "Steel on Target" Company B 1st Tank Bn

1stSgt Semper Fi "Steel on Target" Company B 1st Tank Bn

(in reply to 1stSgt USMC)
Post #: 61
- 2/12/2001 11:34:00 AM   
SSgtUSMC

Dec88-Dec92 8th Engineer Support Battalion, 2d Force Service Support Group (Pvt-Cpl) Active Reserve 92-99 (Cpl-SSgt) Inactive Reserve at Present (just in case the Bubble Goes up!!) Semper Fi!!

Post #: 62
- 2/12/2001 11:50:00 AM   
mogami

Yo! USMC 73-77 0844 Sgt 10th, 11th ,& 12th Marines USN 81-92 Gunnersmate Guns 1st Class (sorry it was that or go back to Okinawa) and besides I liked the hot chow, dry bed and travel but I still have nightmare eh dreams about the Corps (no I really did like it and miss it) ------------------ I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a differant direction!

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

Post #: 63
- 2/12/2001 12:19:00 PM   
Vas

I don't post much but... USN, gunner's mate 2nd class 81 to 85, USS Moosbrugger DD-980

When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

Post #: 64
- 2/14/2001 9:23:00 AM   
Greg McCarty

quote:

Originally posted by 1stSgt USMC: In case anyone was wondering here is what the Morning Report looks like. USMC NAVY ARMY USAF ALLIES MAJ (2) PO2 (4) MAJ (1) SSGT (3) LT BUNDES CAPT (1) SFC (2) CPL CANADA 1STLT (1) SSGT (3) CPO RN SGTMAJ (1) SGT (3) CPL SAARMY 1STSGT (1) SP5 (1) SGT (5) CPL (4) LCPL (1) COUNT ON DECK IS 37 TOTAL YEARS OF SERVICE 298 OOHRAH!!! AS OF 010205 1953HRS
Ghod, I just realized I posted PO5 instead of PO2. I meant e-5 PO2. Clearly senility is setting in. Oh well... ------------------ Greg. 37 mill AA... can suddenly ruin your day.

Greg.

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.

--Zapata

Post #: 65
- 2/14/2001 10:46:00 AM   
jwarrenw13

Two questions for the folks on this particular thread. First, I heard something on the news today about a new USMC battle dress-type uniform being designed and issued, supposedly high-tech, state-of-the-art, ergonomically correct, etc. What's up with that? Second, what do you Army folks think of the beret thing, that is, the decision that all soldiers will wear a beret? Personally speaking, I think it is a terrible decision. I have great respect for the people currently authorized to wear a beret, and since I'm not one of them, I would have no desire to wear one. If I were still on active duty, I wouldn't like it, and as a retired officer I think it is a bad idea. I think it is a cheap gimmick, just like the crappy "An Army of One" commercials. Comments?

Post #: 66
- 2/14/2001 12:43:00 PM   
USMCGrunt

quote:

Originally posted by JW: Two questions for the folks on this particular thread. First, I heard something on the news today about a new USMC battle dress-type uniform being designed and issued, supposedly high-tech, state-of-the-art, ergonomically correct, etc. What's up with that? Second, what do you Army folks think of the beret thing, that is, the decision that all soldiers will wear a beret? Personally speaking, I think it is a terrible decision. I have great respect for the people currently authorized to wear a beret, and since I'm not one of them, I would have no desire to wear one. If I were still on active duty, I wouldn't like it, and as a retired officer I think it is a bad idea. I think it is a cheap gimmick, just like the crappy "An Army of One" commercials. Comments?
Being a former Marine, I have to say that I'm probably not the best to comment on the beret topic, but I just have to put my 2 cents in. When it comes to the army (he's about to stick his foot in it now) I think there's just a little too much individualism going on. The army already has so many signifiers for individual unit types (badges, berets, unit patches, etc) that you begin to wonder just what is up. My opinion is, a uniform should be just that.... UNIFORM. I think the USMC has it right. With the exception of the officer's dress blue uniform, all ranks and units in the Marines are identical. There is no derivation between units because we are all Marines. The only derivation we have is personal or unit awards, marksmanship badges, and any special qualification badges such as jump wings, air crew, EOD, Presidential detail, or SCUBA cert. It dosen't matter what unit you're with, you're a Marine. I think the army spends way too much time trying to figure out who is better than who. One phrase sticks in my mind on the matter, "It sure is pretty, but is it war?" ------------------ USMCGrunt -When it absolutely, positively, has to be destroyed overnight.

USMCGrunt Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?" But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll! -Rudyard Kipling-

Post #: 67
- 2/14/2001 12:44:00 PM   
CaptainBrian

quote:

Originally posted by JW: Two questions for the folks on this particular thread. First, I heard something on the news today about a new USMC battle dress-type uniform being designed and issued, supposedly high-tech, state-of-the-art, ergonomically correct, etc. What's up with that? Comments?
You heard correct JW, the Commandant of the Marine Corps wants to get a new utility uniform. Nothing, at least publicy has been decided. I do have a presentation that has Marines modeling several of the prototypes.en I can e-mail to those who would like to have it, but not until next week (I'm in the middle of moving and won't have my desktop PC until then). A few of the features include a "digital" type camo pattern, detachable sleeves, reinforced seat, elbows and knees, sleeve pockets to name a few of of the top of my head. A few months back, the Corps had an interactive web survey to get input from the fleet on preferrences etc., but that site is no longer up.

CaptainBrian

Post #: 68
- 2/14/2001 4:07:00 PM   
USMCGrunt

quote:

Originally posted by CaptainBrian: You heard correct JW, the Commandant of the Marine Corps wants to get a new utility uniform. Nothing, at least publicy has been decided. I do have a presentation that has Marines modeling several of the prototypes.en I can e-mail to those who would like to have it, but not until next week (I'm in the middle of moving and won't have my desktop PC until then). A few of the features include a "digital" type camo pattern, detachable sleeves, reinforced seat, elbows and knees, sleeve pockets to name a few of of the top of my head.
New cammies.... Who woulda thunk it. What has happened to my Marine Corps in my absence. Now we're fashion plates. On a more serious note, this has been a long time coming. I remember back in 90-91 we'd go to cash sales and special order the older, heavier cammies. The newer ones just did not hold up for very long under field conditions. Glad to see the Corps is taking the initiative on this. Now if they could just develop a REALLY decent pair of boots, I might start to get ideas about talking to that recruiter about the Reserves when I see him. ------------------ USMCGrunt -When it absolutely, positively, has to be destroyed overnight.

USMCGrunt Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?" But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll! -Rudyard Kipling-

Post #: 69
- 2/14/2001 8:58:00 PM   
krull

I agree on the uniforms and boots hehehe. That Army of one was stupid as was the commercial. Even as a sniper i still had to serve on the line alot. Basic rifleman is every Marines first MOS hahah. I still rember john Wayne types trying to wup Platoon sized charlie units alone. Most of em officers . Made me wanna smack em on back of head. BUT being adaptable I improvised and asked the college kid for some advice on deploying my Platoon or sqaud. HAHAH don't get me wrong some of them do know what there doing but they take to many risks trying to do it. Althru I ahve heard from some friends and family Most of the BUtterbars in Saudi and Somlia stayed on the radio and let the NCO's handle what they needed done. Sounds nice that way dont it

Krull

Post #: 70
- 2/15/2001 12:01:00 AM   
TheOriginalOverlord

Here is a link with some pics of the uniform on them. http://www.jouster.com/ubb/Forum37/HTML/000001.html [img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1137855&a=11427830&p=40236663&Sequence=0&res=high[/img] ------------------ Semper Fi! Overlord

Semper Fi!

Jeremy

Post #: 71
- 2/15/2001 1:38:00 AM   
Goose

Here Ya' go 1st Sgt... Pearson R., LCpl 90-94 I 3/10, L 3/10 MOS 2531 / 0861 Desert Storm Vet... Semper Fi, Goose

Post #: 72
- 2/15/2001 5:30:00 AM   
FrankyVas

DC2 USS Russel (1994-1996) DC nothing Naval support force Antarctica 1992 - 1994. Frank V.

Post #: 73
- 2/15/2001 9:53:00 AM   
CaptainBrian

quote:

Originally posted by USMCGrunt: I remember back in 90-91 we'd go to cash sales and special order the older, heavier cammies. The newer ones just did not hold up for very long under field conditions.
I still have 2 pairs of heavy cammies from boot camp (1986) that I still wear. I did have the "Elvis" collars trimmed down though...Never was a fan of the lighweight cammies.

CaptainBrian

Post #: 74
- 2/15/2001 10:05:00 AM   
USMCGrunt

quote:

Originally posted by CaptainBrian: I still have 2 pairs of heavy cammies from boot camp (1986) that I still wear. I did have the "Elvis" collars trimmed down though...Never was a fan of the lighweight cammies.
I think I've still got a pair of those Elvis collar cammies sitting in the back of the closet. The King ain't dead. He just joined the Corps. ------------------ USMCGrunt -When it absolutely, positively, has to be destroyed overnight.

Post #: 75
- 2/17/2001 10:56:00 AM   
1stSgt USMC

quote:

Originally posted by 1stSgt USMC: In case anyone was wondering here is what the Morning Report looks like. USMC NAVY ARMY USAF ALLIES MAJ (2) PO2 (6) MAJ (1) SSGT (3) LT BUNDES CAPT (1) SFC (2) CPL CANADA 1STLT (1) SSGT (3) CPO RN SGTMAJ (1) SGT (3) CPL SAARMY 1STSGT (1) SP5 (1) SSGT (1) SGT (6) CPL (4) LCPL (2) COUNT ON DECK IS 42 TOTAL YEARS OF SERVICE 330 AS OF 010217 0800
HERE'S THE LATEST COUNT GENTS. ------------------ 1stSgt Semper Fi "Steel on Target" Company B 1st Tank Bn [This message has been edited by 1stSgt USMC (edited February 17, 2001).]

1stSgt Semper Fi "Steel on Target" Company B 1st Tank Bn

Post #: 76
- 2/21/2001 12:55:00 PM   

quote:

Originally posted by krull: [B] SgtMjr Price 1981 thru 2000 Active duty Sniper Instructor.B]
Where were you instructing? We must know each other.

Post #: 77
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI