Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Battle Academy is a virus threat?!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Battle Academy Series >> Battle Academy >> Tech Support >> Battle Academy is a virus threat?! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battle Academy is a virus threat?! - 6/12/2012 12:14:17 AM   
Cannon Cocker

I bought game as it claims to be I-Pad compatible. I was unable to download it to my I-Pad so, I decided to try and down load it to my HP desktop and try to figure out how to move it from my desktop to the Apple. Anyway, Norton 360 goes into an “Anaylizing BattleAcademy-Full” mode. Then it says “Treat found: BattlesAcademy-Full.” I cannot down load the basic Battle Academy file. What do I do? The Battle Academy - Blitzkrieg France down loaded just fine but when I bought that it said I needed the basic Battle Academy game too.

Cannon Cocker
Post #: 1
RE: Battle Academy is a virus threat?! - 6/12/2012 8:25:56 AM   
Lord Zimoa

That is a what we call a false-positive and Norton sees BA as a threat, make sure to report it to Norton so they adapt their white list of applications that are allowed.

There must be a way to bypass Norton by hand so you can play BA, have a look in the Norton manual/help files or maybe best; contact the Norton helpdesk.

Some AV programs are just annoying in blocking innocent software, just because they don`t have it on their white/approved lists...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/product.jsp?ct=us&inid=hho_support_buynorton_en_us&lg=en&product=home&pvid=f-home&version=current

or

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/bd-p/Norton_360?inid=enus_hho_sp_addlresources_n360_forums

Cheers,

Tim aka LZ

< Message edited by Lord Zimoa -- 6/12/2012 8:31:14 AM >

(in reply to Cannon Cocker)
Post #: 2
RE: Battle Academy is a virus threat?! - 6/12/2012 10:49:01 AM   
IainMcNeil

Yes this is a false positive.

No games are iPad/PC compatible - the only way to buy games for an iPad is via the iTunes store. The game is available now in iTunes and you just need to use the purchase link to take you there.

Here is the iPad version link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/battle-academy/id499901136

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 3
RE: Battle Academy is a virus threat?! - 6/12/2012 10:11:35 PM   
Cannon Cocker

Ian,
Thank you for the helpful information. I have now bought Battle Academy via I-Tunes (not intuitive at all) but now want to buy the Blitzkrieg France scenario. I can see it of $9.99 but can’t touch anything om the screen to allow me to buy it before the end of the 12 June sale. Hunting for it via I-tunes is no better. Do you have a hint for that? I just received the I-Pad as a gift so I am totally clueless.
Kevin

< Message edited by Cannon Cocker -- 6/12/2012 10:13:14 PM >

Cannon Cocker

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 4
RE: Battle Academy is a virus threat?! - 6/13/2012 9:38:19 AM   
IainMcNeil

If you want to buy it for iPad, all expansions are dealt with as in App purchases (IAP). This is just the way Apple and iTunes works. You have to buy them in the game. We don't have any control over this or any other way to do it. There is no other options for buying anything for an Apple device. Once you understand that you'll be fine!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Cannon Cocker)
Post #: 5
RE: Battle Academy is a virus threat?! - 6/15/2012 12:44:26 PM   
Cannon Cocker

Iain, Thank you for the help. I finally sorted it out with some more details from the Matrix help desk.
Kevin

Cannon Cocker

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Battle Academy Series >> Battle Academy >> Tech Support >> Battle Academy is a virus threat?! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI