Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Laptop questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Laptop questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Laptop questions - 1/23/2001 1:00:00 AM   
waynef

Im entering a new phase in my work life. This may take me on the road more than I like. I will need a laptop. I know there are folks out there playing SPW@W on laptops. I may need some company on the road, and since Im happily married, I think my wife would rather I spent time gaming than some of the alternatives . If I can bring SPW@W on the road SHE would be happier. What should I look for? What should I look out for? It may not be a brand new system, just one that does the basics (excel, word, powerpoint). I just want it to work with SPW@W (talk about devotion). Should I get a mouse to use? Any help would be appreciated. ------------------ "At My Signal...Unleash Hell" Thanks, Wayne

"At My Signal...Unleash Hell" Thanks, Wayne
Post #: 1
- 1/23/2001 2:01:00 AM   
BlitzSS

I've used a Toshiba Satellite Pro, a IBM StinkPad, and now a HP OmniBook 4150. They all did the job but the newer ones have better screens nowadays. You'll still want to hook to an external monitor when you can. SPWAW runs great on NT. I don't haul a mouse around, but an extra battery will get through the airports. Maybe a headset if you like your explosions and gunfire loud on the airplane. The HP has both the touch pad and the joystick nubben which do the job, but an intense game will make the hand ache so a mouse might be nice to have. I still like to get out of the hotel room once in a while for a drink.

"Nuts"

(in reply to waynef)
Post #: 2
- 1/23/2001 3:04:00 AM   
Iron Cross

I understand your wife's desire for you to have the right kind of "entertainment" on the road. I have a fully loaded Winbook (Pentium 2 300) which although small, works great with SPWAW. The laptop itself takes all sorts of add-on's, so I use a mouse, a full size keyboard and external speakers. It works great!!!! Also, the Winbook customer service can't be beat!! Iron Cross Wenn Alles Bruders Es Schweigen

Col David A. Davenport (USMCR)
MSSI - 0202/0210
JFCOM - JTC (Intel/Counter-Intel)

(in reply to waynef)
Post #: 3
- 1/23/2001 4:59:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Yes, a mouse is a distinct requirement at least for me. SPWAW has done well on my old laptop, and it should for you also, Wayne. Take the war with you I say, and you avoid one at home Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to waynef)
Post #: 4
- 1/23/2001 5:43:00 AM   
waynef

Thanks guys... I understand SP can be a bit touchy as far as soundcards. Anybody have a problem? SB compatible only?

"At My Signal...Unleash Hell" Thanks, Wayne

(in reply to waynef)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Laptop questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI