Laptop questions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

waynef -> Laptop questions (1/23/2001 1:00:00 AM)

Im entering a new phase in my work life. This may take me on the road more than I like. I will need a laptop. I know there are folks out there playing SPW@W on laptops. I may need some company on the road, and since Im happily married, I think my wife would rather I spent time gaming than some of the alternatives [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]. If I can bring SPW@W on the road SHE would be happier. What should I look for? What should I look out for? It may not be a brand new system, just one that does the basics (excel, word, powerpoint). I just want it to work with SPW@W (talk about devotion). Should I get a mouse to use? Any help would be appreciated. ------------------ "At My Signal...Unleash Hell" Thanks, Wayne

BlitzSS -> (1/23/2001 2:01:00 AM)

I've used a Toshiba Satellite Pro, a IBM StinkPad, and now a HP OmniBook 4150. They all did the job but the newer ones have better screens nowadays. You'll still want to hook to an external monitor when you can. SPWAW runs great on NT. I don't haul a mouse around, but an extra battery will get through the airports. Maybe a headset if you like your explosions and gunfire loud on the airplane. The HP has both the touch pad and the joystick nubben which do the job, but an intense game will make the hand ache so a mouse might be nice to have. I still like to get out of the hotel room once in a while for a drink.

Iron Cross -> (1/23/2001 3:04:00 AM)

I understand your wife's desire for you to have the right kind of "entertainment" on the road. I have a fully loaded Winbook (Pentium 2 300) which although small, works great with SPWAW. The laptop itself takes all sorts of add-on's, so I use a mouse, a full size keyboard and external speakers. It works great!!!! Also, the Winbook customer service can't be beat!! Iron Cross Wenn Alles Bruders Es Schweigen

Wild Bill -> (1/23/2001 4:59:00 AM)

Yes, a mouse is a distinct requirement at least for me. SPWAW has done well on my old laptop, and it should for you also, Wayne. Take the war with you I say, and you avoid one at home [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

waynef -> (1/23/2001 5:43:00 AM)

Thanks guys... I understand SP can be a bit touchy as far as soundcards. Anybody have a problem? SB compatible only?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI