Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  285 286 [287] 288 289   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 6:21:01 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Thanks for reminding me.

Sorry thread brother Onime...

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 8581
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 6:59:28 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

We were thinking of dropping by Chicago to visit some friends and Google took us right through Omaha when we looked it up. Maybe we can get Andre el Pollo Loco down there as well..

Hmmm...when were you coming through, vato?

Post #: 8582
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 7:12:08 PM   
USSAmerica

Happy happy, joy joy!!!

I just bought a plane ticket to join my family in the Turks for the last 4 days of their trip.

Sadly, 4 days is all I could manage to get off of work, but it's better than zero days of salt water and rum!

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8583
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 7:29:12 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

I watched the A-6's and F-14's doing touch and goes all day long when I was stationed at NAS Oceana, and, of course, all the rest of the crew when I was on The Boat. I almost always worked nights, 7-7, and would spend many hours rubber necking on Vulture's Row in the mornings after work. It never gets old.

Having spent countless hours sitting back ward in the ass end of the airplane engaged in that exercise (usually referred to as "bouncing" or "crash and dash"), I can assure you that the pleasure was all yours.The pilot loved it , the guy in the back seat , or other , tried desperately for several hours (for P-3's 4 hours was considered the maximum a observer could stand, so we usually did 5-6) NOT to puke. NOT FUN!

Steve, you can never get accustomed to that (i.e. not get sick) in the back of the airplane?

Leo "Apollo11"

You are supposed to not get sick. Cronic airsickness is cause for a permanent grounding. Sometimes people will look the otherway. I once went through a period of almost a year when I got sick almost everytime I flew. Yet through most of my career I rarely got sick. "Bouncing" is one of those things that make many people sick. I once knew a PILOT that would make himself airsick by bouncing. (That's EXTREMELY rare).

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 8584
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 7:30:55 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

Hey Red Mouse! You want my beer?! Come and get it! Maybe on the drive from NYC to CA ? OK, there are more effiencient ways to get to LA that don't involve Nebraska, I'll admit.

Its funny you should mention that.

We were thinking of dropping by Chicago to visit some friends and Google took us right through Omaha when we looked it up. Maybe we can get Andre el Pollo Loco down there as well..

WOW! That would be incredible. Let me know the particulars and maybe we can do a "summit".

Post #: 8585
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 7:32:30 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Though I still got a lot of spamming to do to catch up!

Achtung! Schnell! Mach Schnell, herr Spambotten! Zutritt verbotten*!

*The last bit I saw on a sign in some WWII movie, so I figure it's germane German for this conversation.

You crack me up!

BTW: This is how a PM is being sent with style:

Hats off to comrade red mouse!

Yes. Torsten and I had a nice little Skype chat last night. I think he went to be right after sunrise.

Yeah you called just as I was getting ready to sign off. We had already been chatting for nearly 3 hours!

Post #: 8586
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 7:38:34 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

Hmmm...when were you coming through, vato?

Probably late September/early October....most likely 2-4th of October but its pretty tentative.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8587
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 7:39:41 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Happy happy, joy joy!!!

I just bought a plane ticket to join my family in the Turks for the last 4 days of their trip.

Sadly, 4 days is all I could manage to get off of work, but it's better than zero days of salt water and rum!

Sounds like a blast!

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 8588
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 7:44:09 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hey Red Mouse! You want my beer?! Come and get it! Maybe on the drive from NYC to CA ? OK, there are more effiencient ways to get to LA that don't involve Nebraska, I'll admit.

WOW! That would be incredible. Let me know the particulars and maybe we can do a "summit".

If you dont mind having me, the WU and one of our friends who may do the roadtrip with us around, I understand that we'll be driving through Omaha. Dont want to impose on you guys, but I'd love to why a few beers.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 8589
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 7:45:20 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

*The last bit I saw on a sign in some WWII movie, so I figure it's germane German for this conversation.

You crack me up!

Yes. Torsten and I had a nice little Skype chat last night. I think he went to be right after sunrise.

Yeah you called just as I was getting ready to sign off. We had already been chatting for nearly 3 hours!

He did mention that but I thought you guys went on voice chat. You dont have Skype installed, right?

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 8590
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 7:47:01 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If you dont mind having me, the WU and one of our friends who may do the roadtrip with us around, I understand that we'll be driving through Omaha. Dont want to impose on you guys, but I'd love to why a few beers.

Why a few beers? I don't know. If you want you could do a lot of beers.....or vodka or something else I guess....

Post #: 8591
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 7:48:31 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You crack me up!

He did mention that but I thought you guys went on voice chat. You dont have Skype installed, right?

I disconnected my camera and microphone , but could easily hook them back up. Yes , I have skype.

< Message edited by AW1Steve -- 7/19/2012 7:49:48 PM >

Post #: 8592
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 7:49:25 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why a few beers? I don't know. If you want you could do a lot of beers.....or vodka or something else I guess....

Its an approximate quantity. As in more than one and less than infinity.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 8593
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 7:51:16 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Its an approximate quantity. As in more than one and less than infinity.

That I comprehend. For a minute I thought you were channeling the Marxs Brothers....as in "Why-a-duck?"

Post #: 8594
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 7:51:55 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

I disconnected my camera and microphone , but could easily hook them back up. Yes , I have skype.

So you were just typing at each other?

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 8595
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 7:53:27 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

So you were just typing at each other?

Yep. I use it with Mike and Torsen instead of Yahoo messenger (like we used to). For turns. We can easily leave messages to look in the Dropbox for turns. BTW , my user name is .....wait for it......AW1Steve. Surprised?

< Message edited by AW1Steve -- 7/19/2012 7:56:39 PM >

Post #: 8596
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 8:04:13 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Nope. Cant say I am.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 8597
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 8:10:14 PM   
Grollub

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

Todays puppy pic.

I think they object to your choice of footwear.

You could enter their box wearing shirt and trousers made out of ground meat and they would still go for your shoes

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

Post #: 8598
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 8:24:32 PM   
Grollub

Double post.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Grollub -- 7/19/2012 10:31:22 PM >

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 8599
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 8:26:59 PM   
Grollub

Todays puppy pic. Going away over the weekend, so no more puppies until (maybe) late sunday.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Grollub -- 7/19/2012 8:28:08 PM >

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 8600
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 8:31:18 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

quote:

quote:

I watched the A-6's and F-14's doing touch and goes all day long when I was stationed at NAS Oceana, and, of course, all the rest of the crew when I was on The Boat. I almost always worked nights, 7-7, and would spend many hours rubber necking on Vulture's Row in the mornings after work. It never gets old.

Having spent countless hours sitting back ward in the ass end of the airplane engaged in that exercise (usually referred to as "bouncing" or "crash and dash"), I can assure you that the pleasure was all yours.The pilot loved it , the guy in the back seat , or other , tried desperately for several hours (for P-3's 4 hours was considered the maximum a observer could stand, so we usually did 5-6) NOT to puke. NOT FUN!

Steve, you can never get accustomed to that (i.e. not get sick) in the back of the airplane?

You are supposed to not get sick. Cronic airsickness is cause for a permanent grounding. Sometimes people will look the otherway. I once went through a period of almost a year when I got sick almost everytime I flew. Yet through most of my career I rarely got sick. "Bouncing" is one of those things that make many people sick. I once knew a PILOT that would make himself airsick by bouncing. (That's EXTREMELY rare).

Thanks for info Steve!

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 8601
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 8:34:57 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Happy happy, joy joy!!!

Nice Mike!

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 8602
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 8:41:11 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Zssssssss time...

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 8603
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 8:43:34 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Todays puppy pic.

I think they object to your choice of footwear.

You could enter their box wearing shirt and trousers made out of ground meat and they would still go for your shoes

Have you tried?

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 8604
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 8:44:01 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Todays puppy pic. Going away over the weekend, so no more puppies until (maybe) late sunday.

Yep. definitely fashion critics.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 8605
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 9:00:24 PM   
DivePac88

Good morning fellow denizens... hope you're well Leo, and you are not standing on you're tail again Mousy.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

Post #: 8606
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 9:17:45 PM   
Schanilec

quote:

Happy happy, joy joy!!!

Leave the key under the mat so we can get in.

This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 8607
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 9:18:49 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You crack me up!

Yeah, got up 4,5 hours later to be in time for the funeral of GFU's grandpa.

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

Post #: 8608
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 9:37:33 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

Good morning fellow denizens... hope you're well Leo, and you are not standing on you're tail again Mousy.

It wasnt my tail.....

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 8609
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/19/2012 9:37:57 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

quote:

Happy happy, joy joy!!!

Leave the key under the mat so we can get in.

Why? he's taking all the booze.

(in reply to Schanilec)
Post #: 8610
Page:   <<   < prev  285 286 [287] 288 289   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  285 286 [287] 288 289   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI