Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  293 294 [295] 296 297   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 7:23:35 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

I'm convinced that most people (Americans included) don't begrudge taxes, so much as "unfair" taxes or even more important, wasted tax money. Of course "unfair" and "wasted" are pretty much in the eye of the beholder.

Speaking of grumpy old men, I sent you a "friend request" on Skype the other day.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 8821
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 7:24:00 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Grumpy old men UNP!

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 8822
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 7:29:46 PM   
Historiker

oops!

Attachment (1)

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

Post #: 8823
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 8:19:48 PM   
Grollub

The puppies below all say "yip, yip, yup, yip", which in Swedish whelpish translates to something like "good bye, and thanks for all the showlaces"

Ok guys, the puppies are approaching the old age of eight weeks this weekend, meaning that their new owners will start to drop by and collect them. All of the "puppy pile", that is Sune, Sven, Sia, Stella, Siv and Siri wishes to say goodbye to all of you guys and to thank you for giving them that "Awww" feedback that they thrive on

I hope that the opportunity will arise to show you new puppy pics in two years.

Attachment (1)

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 8824
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 8:25:46 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

I'm convinced that most people (Americans included) don't begrudge taxes, so much as "unfair" taxes or even more important, wasted tax money. Of course "unfair" and "wasted" are pretty much in the eye of the beholder.

Speaking of grumpy old men, I sent you a "friend request" on Skype the other day.

And I accepted it.

Post #: 8825
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 8:26:27 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

The puppies below all say "yip, yip, yup, yip", which in Swedish whelpish translates to something like "good bye, and thanks for all the showlaces"

Ok guys, the puppies are approaching the old age of eight weeks this weekend, meaning that their new owners will start to drop by and collect them. All of the "puppy pile", that is Sune, Sven, Sia, Stella, Siv and Siri wishes to say goodbye to all of you guys and to thank you for giving them that "Awww" feedback that they thrive on

Well for heaven's sake remember to punch air holes in the box before you ship mine to me!

Gonna miss the pics.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 8826
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 8:31:31 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Thats a handsome bunch.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 8827
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 8:31:42 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

And I accepted it.

Ok then.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 8828
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 8:33:09 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Awww!!! Da puppies!

Seriously, Viking dude-they're gorgeous. Each one cuter than the last. They'll make some lucky Viking family a great dog, I'm sure.

Thanks for sharing all the picture with us. I know we all enjoyed them.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 8829
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 8:34:56 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And I accepted it.

Ok then.

SO THERE!

Post #: 8830
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 8:39:46 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 8831
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 9:00:29 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

A quick shout out to Dixie: congratulations on your opportunity to participate in the olympic games!

Did you guys get 'nicked' to pull guard duty to make up for the schlub security contractor that screwed the pooch?

Nuthin' to do wiv me guv. I guess we're far too busy playing with Spitfires to spare anyone Anyway, the Army need to get their lads some useful experience for when they leave the forces.

Seat 247G, just down there sir! Mind the step.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8832
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 10:49:01 PM   
jeffk3510

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

I hear ya on politics with families..

Yeah, here too.

It's a shame though. We're reduced to not being able to discuss money, politics, religion or sex with family out of 'politeness'. Discussing nothing of meaning. Not challenging the other's thoughts or formation of ideas, not exploring how we came to be different.

So-for the people that are closest to us in the world-we talk about banal pleasantries and non-confrontational topics and while away our fleeting time on this planet together. There's gotta be a better way...

I love it too. My family of seven, excluding sibling in laws and wife..have seven very different political, financial, and family structure ideas.

The only thing my two brothers and I like to do is get together with my dad and play a 2x2 scramble of golf every chance we get and a war board game. We enjoy watching and discussing the Royals and Chiefs I guess... and that is all 100% negative.. there just isn't anything positive about KC sports for the last 25 years..dead serious. Outside of that, my dad and I talk business non stop.. older brother doesn't care for it, and younger brother has an arogence that is difficult to talk about anything with really. It's his opinion or no one elses. He's an odd one to put a label on...he's my best friend outside of my wife and two boys.. difficult to explain I guess.

My sisters get together with my wife and sister in law and thats about it for family get togethers. Great times, fun times, loving times, however, we just dont talk about certain things. The girls do their thing, us guys do ours.

I love my wifes side of the family, but get togethers with them get old. I work in the private busines sector, all of them public school system. Automatically I am a weasel...out for myself only in their eyes. Can you say Halo Effect?

I am guessing all families have similarities in this respect.. We all love and get along with every memeber of our extended families, both sides. Not a lot of families are that fortunate. I love each and every one of them, we just know things you can and cant say, a little of some go a long ways, and what keeps everyone happy I guess...

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Currently chasing three kids around the Midwest.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8833
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 10:51:08 PM   
jeffk3510

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

quote:

quote:

Yeah, here too.

It's a shame though. We're reduced to not being able to discuss money, politics, religion or sex with family out of 'politeness'. Discussing nothing of meaning. Not challenging the other's thoughts or formation of ideas, not exploring how we came to be different.

So-for the people that are closest to us in the world-we talk about banal pleasantries and non-confrontational topics and while away our fleeting time on this planet together. There's gotta be a better way...

I enjoy the discussions with my dad about politics. We talk to each other about politics quite often for some hours on telephone. I love being confronted with different opinions as it is the only way to find out whether your own point of view actually is correct.

Yes, me too. I talk about a number of things with my dad-like you've indicated. He and I have a very good relationship. However, I can't talk with my sister about many of these things, nor-in some cases-can I engage in the same discussions with my wife, aunts, uncles, cousins and other family that I do my father.

Agreed. My wife and I are as far opposite on the political spectrum as it gets....certain words/topics lead to an all out war. It's just not worth it to talk about...I have a sister like that CB. Shes the complete opposite of what I think a "woman" should be in today's society. We but heads a lot, but I wouldn't change things a bit, she's a wonderful lady.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8834
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 10:52:30 PM   
jeffk3510

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, here too.

I enjoy the discussions with my dad about politics. We talk to each other about politics quite often for some hours on telephone. I love being confronted with different opinions as it is the only way to find out whether your own point of view actually is correct.

Yes, me too. I talk about a number of things with my dad-like you've indicated. He and I have a very good relationship. However, I can't talk with my sister about many of these things, nor-in some cases-can I engage in the same discussions with my wife, aunts, uncles, cousins and other family that I do my father.

It depends on the person. I try to have "exploratory discussions" first, i.e. not express my opinion but ask for theirs. If I see that the person does not know the definition of "discussion", as in free exchange of ideas whose point is not to convert the other person to your mode of thinking and not to take others' differences as a personal insult, I will not pursue it further.

I love having discussions with my dad, he has taught me the fundamentals of idea exchange, but the older he gets the more intractable he is, so its more of a do as I say, not as I do.

...my father has entered that holy pantheon of political activism known as RETIREMENT...he simply out researches me with all his "free" time...plus, i'm firmly convinced that the older most American's get, the more averse to taxes they become...taxing of almost any form is evil in his view...

He must be related to 99.9% of the farming population in Pratt and Stafford County, KS.

(in reply to Kwik E Mart)
Post #: 8835
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 11:13:26 PM   
Kwik E Mart

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, here too.

It depends on the person. I try to have "exploratory discussions" first, i.e. not express my opinion but ask for theirs. If I see that the person does not know the definition of "discussion", as in free exchange of ideas whose point is not to convert the other person to your mode of thinking and not to take others' differences as a personal insult, I will not pursue it further.

I love having discussions with my dad, he has taught me the fundamentals of idea exchange, but the older he gets the more intractable he is, so its more of a do as I say, not as I do.

...my father has entered that holy pantheon of political activism known as RETIREMENT...he simply out researches me with all his "free" time...plus, i'm firmly convinced that the older most American's get, the more averse to taxes they become...taxing of almost any form is evil in his view...

He must be related to 99.9% of the farming population in Pratt and Stafford County, KS.

...well, not sure about that, but he does come from a very agrarian region of west tennessee...corn, soy beans, alfalfa, etc...plus he owned his own business for many years...tax time was always an exciting and stressful time of year...

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 8836
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2012 3:00:21 AM   
Chickenboy

On that note...good night, THREAD dudes...

(in reply to Kwik E Mart)
Post #: 8837
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2012 3:15:17 AM   
Chickenboy

Alright, heading to bed now, after checking MLB scores. My green machine is taking apart the Blue Jays. 16-0 in the bottom of the 9th.

Go A's!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8838
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2012 3:33:50 AM   
jeffk3510

Have I mentioned the Royals suck lately?

We're five starting pitchers away from being good.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8839
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2012 7:32:52 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 8840
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2012 8:49:21 AM   
Historiker

quote:

Too sad they are already taken away from each other and their mother. Eight weeks is when it is always done - but it is too early.

We couldn't sell one of our puppies for half a year and experienced how important the bond between mother and children is for them, too. How much they learn from their mother. And how they played with each other...

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 8841
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2012 10:37:24 AM   
Grollub

Mid day tithe.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 8842
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2012 10:39:03 AM   
Grollub

quote:

quote:

Too sad they are already taken away from each other and their mother. Eight weeks is when it is always done - but it is too early.

We couldn't sell one of our puppies for half a year and experienced how important the bond between mother and children is for them, too. How much they learn from their mother. And how they played with each other...

It's a little sad, yes.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 8843
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2012 11:09:55 AM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's a little sad, yes.

On the other hand it is too expensive for the breeder to keep them longer - unless you fully train them one or two years (we bred hunting dogs) and then sell them fully trained. But we had 9 puppies - so 10 dogs of which nine are hyper-active and try to chew everything? The house propably wouldn't stand any longer...

Sad, but hopefully each of those lovely creatures now has at least a nice human to bond.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 8844
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2012 11:39:53 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Have I mentioned the Royals suck lately?

We're five starting pitchers away from being good.

And 9 quality hitters in the line up too.

Doesn't the Midwest have enough perennial sad sack baseball stories to go around? KC, Cleveland, MN Twins, and Cubs-there's quite enough emotional baggage there, isn't there?

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 8845
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2012 11:44:18 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

I hear ya, but there's a sweet spot for dog development-typically between 8-12 weeks-for ideal socialization development. Too long without direct, daily and intense human contact and they lose some of their ability to socialize with humans and are a lesser pet. Too early (e.g., orphan pups) away from other dogs and they lose their connection with their canid past and their 'manners' around others of their ilk.

You know, the same could be said for humans and the ages of 2-4. They are so elastic in their development until then.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 8846
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2012 12:18:08 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

I hear ya, but there's a sweet spot for dog development-typically between 8-12 weeks-for ideal socialization development. Too long without direct, daily and intense human contact and they lose some of their ability to socialize with humans and are a lesser pet. Too early (e.g., orphan pups) away from other dogs and they lose their connection with their canid past and their 'manners' around others of their ilk.

You know, the same could be said for humans and the ages of 2-4. They are so elastic in their development until then.

what do you know!
Like you were an expert on animals!

We took care of here as well and I wouldn't ask to leave the dogs alone. Our two lived within the house as well. But of course - it seems practical, it has proven to be effective. And as said above. The money it costs to keep a whole bunch of them longer than necessary has to be justified somehow as well...

< Message edited by Historiker -- 7/26/2012 12:25:49 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8847
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2012 12:53:23 PM   
USSAmerica

Good morning - Tithe.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 8848
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2012 12:53:44 PM   
USSAmerica

22 hours until Wheels Up!

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 8849
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2012 2:16:20 PM   
jeffk3510

Good morning.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 8850
Page:   <<   < prev  293 294 [295] 296 297   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  293 294 [295] 296 297   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI