Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  302 303 [304] 305 306   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 2:04:41 PM   
Grollub

Might as well post another picture. Not all of the puppies have been picked up yet.

Attachment (1)

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 9091
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 2:56:52 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker
How does renting beer work?

You 'rent' beer because intake and output will eventually come to a steady state. If, after a few hours, you consume 9 liters of beer you will-in comparatively short order-have to dispose of 9 liters of processed beer by one means or another.

Besides, Mike is a girly man with regards to beer consumption. Please don't use the USS Mike metric and assume that all Americans as as effete as he is.

I am so gonna plunk down two bottles of rum the next time we're together!

Yes, we agreed to a "best of three" with one day beer and one day rum. A third day won't be needed, as I'll win the first two encounters anyways

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 9092
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 2:57:56 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

500mph with a blunt object of more than 50 tonnes counts as anesthesia and humane killing at once.

Ze German says: Government should issue hunging licences by plane to pilots. Ze German says: Government needs to make gutt regulations! Achtung!

Bah! German government would fine the pilot for hunting without a license.

likely outcome, you are right!

And he would be improsned for it, as goose are an endangered species here and hunting them is forbidden!

< Message edited by Historiker -- 8/2/2012 2:58:22 PM >

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 9093
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 3:30:01 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You 'rent' beer because intake and output will eventually come to a steady state. If, after a few hours, you consume 9 liters of beer you will-in comparatively short order-have to dispose of 9 liters of processed beer by one means or another.

Besides, Mike is a girly man with regards to beer consumption. Please don't use the USS Mike metric and assume that all Americans as as effete as he is.

Yes, we agreed to a "best of three" with one day beer and one day rum. A third day won't be needed, as I'll win the first two encounters anyways

I was referring to Andre, but you'll get yours, too!

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 9094
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 3:37:15 PM   
Grollub

Puppy UNP

Attachment (1)

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 9095
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 3:54:41 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ah...well, what are YOU going to drink?

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 9096
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 3:56:23 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

Might as well post another picture. Not all of the puppies have been picked up yet.

Awww....da puppies! Mom's an attractive bitch too.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 9097
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 3:57:53 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

And BTW, Sia says hi to all of you guys.

AWWW!!! Da puppy!

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 9098
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 4:08:26 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

How can you say that blunt trauma euthanasia methods are humane? Even if the object of the blunt trauma (airplane) is travelling at 500mph, it's still not a recognized means of humane euthanasia. You guys are full of contradictions-the airline should be sued for animal cruelty!!!

Is it more or less humane mincing them up before passing them through a furnace and firing the remains into the atmosphere at several hundred miles per hour?

About the same, only much more 'entertaining' for the spectators. Hey Steve-o: any close encounters of the worst kind with our fine feathered friends at 1,000 feet?

You mean the Air Force?

Actually, I dont think I've herd the story with the car either.

You've never had a bird fly into your windshield? They like to "car surf" off the air disruption the car causes. Sometimes they miss! I once say a seagull really screw up and smashed into the radiator of the car in front of me! MASSIVE amounts of feathers and gore !

I've never hit anything so large as a seagull personally, but we see regular evidence of Canada goose/vehicular immiscibility around here-particularly during breeding and nesting seasons.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 9099
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 4:13:19 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lifer

I have a question for the dog experts.  Our recent adoptee is almost completely blind.  Some shapes and shadows according to our vet.  Problem we have is that he goes completely comatose during the day and then he is up wandering the house all night.  A cat digging in the box or when one jumps from their perch sends him into home defense mode.  He has a really good woofer on him.  My question is how do we get his day/night cycle swapped back to normal?

Greg

Hi Lifer,

Checked with a 'real vet' on this one: my wife. She's got more experience on behavioral issues like this than I. She mentioned keeping the dog active during the day: walkies, interactive activities, and so forth. This will take effort on your part. Kennel your dog at night in a quiet area (away from the cat box) for sleeping time.

Good luck!

(in reply to Lifer)
Post #: 9100
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 4:40:15 PM   
Chickenboy

How NOT to go fishing...

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Today/96422/2262719593/Gone-Fishin%E2%80%99%E2%80%A6with-a-Grenade-/videos?cmpid=FCST_hero_tv

[Mutters]...Russians...

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 9101
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 4:45:03 PM   
Nikademus

quote:

quote:

AWWW!!! Da puppy!

whole lotta Doggage

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 9102
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 5:18:52 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Some more...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2181891/Is-Denver-worlds-cutest-puppy-Loving-owner-captures-puppy-having-fun-forest-adventure.html

quote:

Is Denver the world's cutest puppy? Loving owner captures puppy having fun in the forest on his first adventure

By Daily Mail UK

Bounding along on his first time out for walkies, this furry little gundog puppy is one of the most angelic you'll ever see.

These pictures of Denver, a Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever, were taken by its proud owner Morgan Taylor and posted up on the internet.

And they got quite a reaction.

Denver the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever makes his first investigations into the world:

Morgan's photo album has been deluged with posters commenting on how lovable little Denver is ever since the toller was born in August last year.

One said: 'This is sooooooo cute! what a little cuddle bug.'

Another admirer, called Lisa, said to Denver: 'You've got it all going on - the paws, the face, and that freaking fur. You'll be able to run the world in no time.'

Morgan, from Vancouver, British Columbia, had posted the pictures of Denver out in the forest, in the park and at home on the photo sharing site Flickr.

Denver meets a friend for the first time when out and about with his owner:

Walkies: Denver poses for the camera while out getting some exercise in the forest:

Little climber: Denver don the decking at Morgan's home in Vancouver:

Angelic little pup: Morgan Taylor takes Denver into the forest:

The Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever close up looking lovable:

Good morning: Denver says hello to the world:

Time for a cuddle: Morgan fastens a lead onto Denver as the step out into the forest:

Bounding along: Denver jumps over some tree routes with a stick in his mouth:

Standing tall: Denver jumps while he's out having fun:

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 9103
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 5:30:48 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

You've never had a bird fly into your windshield? They like to "car surf" off the air disruption the car causes. Sometimes they miss! I once say a seagull really screw up and smashed into the radiator of the car in front of me! MASSIVE amounts of feathers and gore !

Nope. Never had the "pleasure". The worst I've gotten is a giant wasp that decided to visit while I was stopped at a light. Did I ever mention that I'm TERRIFIED of bees?

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 9104
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 5:31:12 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Awww da puppy!

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 9105
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 5:35:44 PM   
Dixie

quote:

quote:

Nope. Never had the "pleasure". The worst I've gotten is a giant wasp that decided to visit while I was stopped at a light. Did I ever mention that I'm TERRIFIED of bees?

Good job you hit a wasp then.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 9106
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 5:39:24 PM   
Dixie

quote:

quote:

quote:

How can you say that blunt trauma euthanasia methods are humane? Even if the object of the blunt trauma (airplane) is travelling at 500mph, it's still not a recognized means of humane euthanasia. You guys are full of contradictions-the airline should be sued for animal cruelty!!!

Is it more or less humane mincing them up before passing them through a furnace and firing the remains into the atmosphere at several hundred miles per hour?

About the same, only much more 'entertaining' for the spectators. Hey Steve-o: any close encounters of the worst kind with our fine feathered friends at 1,000 feet?

Not so much fun when you're scrubbing bird remains from an engine and trying to retrieve enough parts for an expert to ascertain what breed the plane hit. It also involves a lot of inspection if there's any chance that bird bits have gone through the core (hot part of the) engine.

Two bloody days I spent scrubbing once. And picking feathers and bits of bone out of holes in the engine casing.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 9107
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 5:41:18 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

Howdy folks.

I guess we wont be seeing Mike this weekend.

Fortune teller!

Thats me!

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 9108
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 5:42:24 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

Um hmmm...makes perfect sense:

The Rules of Cricket

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

Each man that’s in the side that’s in goes out, and when he’s out he comes in and the next man goes in until he’s out.

When they are all out, the side that’s out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.

There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

The sad part is that I understood that completely.

Well then maybe you can shed some light on my PoB quandary.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 9109
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 5:43:04 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

500mph with a blunt object of more than 50 tonnes counts as anesthesia and humane killing at once.

Ze German says: Government should issue hunging licences by plane to pilots. Ze German says: Government needs to make gutt regulations! Achtung!

Remind me to tell you about that one time I hit a dear on the highway and my friends decided to be funny....

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 9110
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 5:43:20 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

post cycling tithe

Youre a little late for the Tour.

No, actually, he started at the same time they did.....

OK so he's just late....

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 9111
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 5:44:04 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Mama-dog is looking a lot less harassed.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 9112
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 5:44:51 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

If only drinking was an Olympic sport...

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 9113
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 5:45:53 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ah...well, what are YOU going to drink?

Damn if that dont sound like a challenge.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 9114
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 5:46:15 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not so much fun when you're scrubbing bird remains from an engine and trying to retrieve enough parts for an expert to ascertain what breed the plane hit. It also involves a lot of inspection if there's any chance that bird bits have gone through the core (hot part of the) engine.

Two bloody days I spent scrubbing once. And picking feathers and bits of bone out of holes in the engine casing.

Can't imagine that would be an endearing aspect of work. My 'entertaining' in quotes was meant in jest to suggest that it must be a bit concerning having birds fly into engines. Witness the role geese played in bringing down that flight into the Hudson river a few years ago.

Since bird gore is my domain, I'm curious. What means of collecting bits of bird from the inside of an engine to you use? You can't just wash it with water, can you? Do you literally have to pick each little micron of flesh and sinew off of the fan blades and whatnot?

Also, I assume that there is less concern for turboprop aircraft with bird strikes? Seems less likely that you'll have a bird 'ingestion' / engine flame-out than a jet engine, but what do I know?

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 8/2/2012 5:47:37 PM >

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 9115
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 5:48:13 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Good job you hit a wasp then.

Let me clarify...it flew into the car....thankfully while I was stopped. But to a terrified mind theres not an awful lot of difference between bees, wasps and the rest of their ilk.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 9116
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 5:48:50 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Remind me to tell you about that one time I hit a dear on the highway and my friends decided to be funny....

Why did you strike someone that was dear to you?

Post #: 9117
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 5:50:32 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why did you strike someone that was dear to you?

Yes, and it took away my ability to type correctly. Very traumatic....

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 9118
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 5:58:15 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

post cycling tithe

Youre a little late for the Tour.

No, actually, he started at the same time they did.....

OK so he's just slow....

Fixed that for you.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

Post #: 9119
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 6:01:10 PM   
Grollub

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

quote:

quote:

AWWW!!! Da puppy!

whole lotta Doggage

True. Looks like their body consists of 90% paws also

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 9120
Page:   <<   < prev  302 303 [304] 305 306   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  302 303 [304] 305 306   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI