Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Africa Corps bugs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Tech Support >> Africa Corps bugs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Africa Corps bugs - 8/9/2012 10:53:07 PM   
Dumnorix

Ok guys I bought this addon called Africa Corps. I played some scenarios and I have some problems.

1st the main bug is not eliminated - the british troops runs agian with trucks against my front line - what the hell is this Super Mario Brothers or an strategy game? I killed 10 mounted units on his trucks running stupid in my lines at Battle Axe !!!

2nd I have some sound problems - sometimes I can hear no movement sound for some units. In the beginning of the scenarios everythings its OK - but later I can hear no Stuka movement sound and some others. Its not funny guys.

3rd The german version can setted on Menu - but in Africa Corps many units have wrong names than - I dont know.

4th In purchase menu the backround jumps to a black background after 1-2 played scenarios !

The terrain tiles looks good enough yet - I like it - but one full palm tile and only one airport isnt enough.

I payed 20,-€ and it looks like the addon runs not round yet.

H.Balck

< Message edited by Dumnorix -- 8/10/2012 2:15:25 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Africa Corps bugs - 8/10/2012 4:43:37 PM   
Lord Zimoa

quote:

3rd The german version can setted on Menu - but in Africa Corps many units have wrong names than - I dont know.

The original Panzer Corps: Wehrmacht game is availabe now in English, German, French and Russian.

Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps is, at this point and clearly stated on the game pages, only released in English. The German, French and Russian translations follow in a few weeks time. Those language localization updates will of course be presented as free patches.

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 2
RE: Africa Corps bugs - 8/10/2012 7:16:19 PM   
Dumnorix

Yes - thats right - but do I have the problems, if I switch on start menu on german flag. BTW sometimes the game start with Africa Corps, some times with original PC screen.
Please can you say somethings about the 1st question with your main bug. Can we see a real worked version with an upcoming patch ?

H.Balck

< Message edited by Dumnorix -- 8/10/2012 7:17:56 PM >

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 3
RE: Africa Corps bugs - 8/10/2012 8:13:16 PM   
Lord Zimoa

quote:

BTW sometimes the game start with Africa Corps, some times with original PC screen.

This is intentional, the main menu will switch between both art pieces at random when you have both Panzer Corps: Wehrmacht as Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps installed.

< Message edited by Lord Zimoa -- 8/10/2012 8:16:45 PM >

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 4
RE: Africa Corps bugs - 8/10/2012 8:19:45 PM   
Lord Zimoa

quote:

Please can you say somethings about the 1st question with your main bug. Can we see a real worked version with an upcoming patch ?

It is something that has been improved already within the AK updated AI, so far in Beta and after release we have seen no complaints, but of course we always are updating our games with every patch. We are monitoring feedback all the time.

< Message edited by Lord Zimoa -- 8/10/2012 8:21:13 PM >

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 5
RE: Africa Corps bugs - 8/10/2012 8:43:01 PM   
Dumnorix

quote:

It is something that has been improved already within the AK updated AI, so far in Beta and after release we have seen no complaints, but of course we always are updating our games with every patch. We are monitoring feedback all the time.

OK - but for your released version of Africa Corps I can't see improvements with this big problem. The AI drive again with trucks for my frontline. Thats Clay pigeon shooting, but not WW2 in Africa. I hope you can eliminate this things with nextr patch - for now AK isn't playable but I keep a big hope for your future version.

BTW - Thank you for the quick answers.
Is it possible to give some answers to my 13 questions here ?
1. Do the different air transports also run different in game - can I use also different air transport units, when I start in game from airfield ? BTW - Most frature would be most imortant for my Modern War Corps.

2. Can we set own tiles (like hammada, cactus fields, plantages in tunesia etc) for Africa Corps with new parameters ??? Can we mod new movement parameters and tile parameters ??? I will set my own terrain tiles and also my own 3D units ! Looks better. I like your units, but they have a to low detail (I know, you used low poly models and have't enough resources for more) and not exactly camo, also some units have different textures and the most have to much different scale.

3. You wrote that we have now Italy and german Heros, Can we set also more than exist hero pictures and use them in the editor or do we have an limitation. Thats most imortant to set US, GB and all other nation heros. Or do we must wait for your Allied Corps to use all hero classified in nations ? Its possible to set new heros for the allied nations like italy_hero1 - than british_hero1 - is it already integrated in the engine code yet ?

4. Can we hope, to see different camo files also for winter and late war camo in the future addons ? I like to use my units with different camo style.

5. Whats going on with a most imortant feature to destroy bridges with engineers ???

6. I like to use more of my animations for all units. Now we have only attack/fire possible. Can I set alo my own running/drive, destroy,fidget etc. animations in future versions ?

7. Can we use our own briefing video clips for post and pre briefings in future ?

8. Can we add more unit classes, like helicopters, amphibian, bicycle and motorcycle yet ??? Or is this again hard coded ?

9. Do the AI support more than your mini map size or can I have fun also on my big HPS maps yet ?

10. Most imortant - I like to see a new unit trait for HQ units - to use my own division, corps amd army HQ units with some effects like gives every round prestige for own units and/or some other Benefits in range ?

11. Also nice would be to see the divisional sign in the same way like the new hero sign on battlefield to see the different formations.

12. Is it possible to switch also transport units yet ? I need this feature to switch some weapons for my Modern War Corps.

13. Can we mod different street movement for your 2 street typs for all unit movement classes ? I like to use an faster move on the fast road Via Balbia and all others on more unpaved roads.

14. Is it also possible to set Core troops as reinforments yet - I have seen it at the 6th scenario but I dont know it exactly ?

H.Balck

< Message edited by Dumnorix -- 8/10/2012 10:23:26 PM >

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 6
RE: Africa Corps bugs - 8/10/2012 10:19:02 PM   
Dumnorix

I played "Africa Corps" 6th scenario yet and the game freeze now 3rd times with AI turn. What can I do - I can play again with the auto saved game, but it nerves me.

H.Balck

< Message edited by Dumnorix -- 8/10/2012 10:22:11 PM >

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 7
RE: Africa Corps bugs - 8/10/2012 10:53:50 PM   
Lord Zimoa

quote:

BTW - Thank you for the quick answers.
Is it possible to give some answers to my 13 questions here ?
1. Do the different air transports also run different in game - can I use also different air transport units, when I start in game from airfield ? BTW - Most frature would be most imortant for my Modern War Corps.

2. Can we set own tiles (like hammada, cactus fields, plantages in tunesia etc) for Africa Corps with new parameters ??? Can we mod new movement parameters and tile parameters ??? I will set my own terrain tiles and also my own 3D units ! Looks better. I like your units, but they have a to low detail (I know, you used low poly models and have't enough resources for more) and not exactly camo, also some units have different textures and the most have to much different scale.

3. You wrote that we have now Italy and german Heros, Can we set also more than exist hero pictures and use them in the editor or do we have an limitation. Thats most imortant to set US, GB and all other nation heros. Or do we must wait for your Allied Corps to use all hero classified in nations ? Its possible to set new heros for the allied nations like italy_hero1 - than british_hero1 - is it already integrated in the engine code yet ?

4. Can we hope, to see different camo files also for winter and late war camo in the future addons ? I like to use my units with different camo style.

5. Whats going on with a most imortant feature to destroy bridges with engineers ???

6. I like to use more of my animations for all units. Now we have only attack/fire possible. Can I set alo my own running/drive, destroy,fidget etc. animations in future versions ?

7. Can we use our own briefing video clips for post and pre briefings in future ?

8. Can we add more unit classes, like helicopters, amphibian, bicycle and motorcycle yet ??? Or is this again hard coded ?

9. Do the AI support more than your mini map size or can I have fun also on my big HPS maps yet ?

10. Most imortant - I like to see a new unit trait for HQ units - to use my own division, corps amd army HQ units with some effects like gives every round prestige for own units and/or some other Benefits in range ?

11. Also nice would be to see the divisional sign in the same way like the new hero sign on battlefield to see the different formations.

12. Is it possible to switch also transport units yet ? I need this feature to switch some weapons for my Modern War Corps.

13. Can we mod different street movement for your 2 street typs for all unit movement classes ? I like to use an faster move on the fast road Via Balbia and all others on more unpaved roads.

14. Is it also possible to set Core troops as reinforments yet - I have seen it at the 6th scenario but I dont know it exactly ?

Sure I can give an answer: produce, code and make your own engine, so it will fit your own personnel dream of the perfect game that you want to create.

That is the whole point; those are not bugs in our game or engine, but requests to transform our game (or add features) into something we, as the core developers of Panzer Corps, don`t like, don`t want to see our game going, don`t think will work, don`t think will play good, don`t think will sell...

It is just a matter of taste and you will disagree, but I`me sorry, you really will have to design and code your own game and engine.

So good luck with your own game, that is the only thing that will solve your problems, your units, your ideas and your game. But these are not bugs in our games, just things you don`t like or would do different. No patch will solve that, you will have to do it yourself.

< Message edited by Lord Zimoa -- 8/10/2012 10:56:19 PM >

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 8
RE: Africa Corps bugs - 8/10/2012 11:10:50 PM   
Dumnorix

Thats right - my dreams are some different. But the most problem for me is, that PC and also AK isn't really moddable. Many things are hard coded and can't change by the community. Can we set new tiles, new unit classes, new movement parameters for new terrain tiles ??? - No is the answer ! Clear - we can produce our own maps, own unit graphics, but no more. We must go on your intended for way for this game and can't work with our own creativity.
Why should I produce a new game - PC its good enough to mod. I can't programm a new game - you know that - I am a graphical 3D artist - no more and have to work 48,4 hours every week on my main job as Head of an educational institution ! And for now , no publishers have interest on an game like Panzer General II mixed with JTCS and HPS. But if you like it , we can talk about some new improved things, I have all 3D units + animations ready (some more !) , 3D terrain and possible all bigger scaled maps. I like to see it - many other from JTCS, HPS and PG3D (=Panzer General II) community also.

Panzer Corps and Africa Corps are the best WW2 games for now - thats right - but we can go nevertheless on new ways - more animations, more historical terrain, maps and units, more historical briefings.

Take a look at the HPS series - I like the accuracy of them, but I don't like their implementation.
There is much more space for a new game or an improved PC in future.

I hope that thou dost forgive my persistence, I am also a pioneer of the 1st hours. Perhaps it is even possible to my modern Corps war continue to work.

H.Balck

< Message edited by Dumnorix -- 8/11/2012 12:56:45 AM >

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 9
RE: Africa Corps bugs - 8/11/2012 3:19:53 AM   
GSlapshot

H.Balck;
I design S/W for real time military weapon systems. This franchise is a tech jump and worthy of singular kudos. Get a life & accept the fact that you have been teasing us about AK for the last year but this team has delivered. The DMP guys did better than you and respected the engine and framework that Matrix & it's team have developed. As I tell my designers, be polite to people who question your work, because they can't do what you do and if they could why aren't they not proposing fixes or improvements. You are jealous of what this team has done.

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 10
RE: Africa Corps bugs - 8/11/2012 3:55:56 AM   
Dumnorix

quote:

I design S/W for real time military weapon systems. This franchise is a tech jump and worthy of singular kudos. Get a life & accept the fact that you have been teasing us about AK for the last year but this team has delivered. The DMP guys did better than you and respected the engine and framework that Matrix & it's team have developed. As I tell my designers, be polite to people who question your work, because they can't do what you do and if they could why aren't they not proposing fixes or improvements. You are jealous of what this team has done.

Sorry - but the DMP team is really no competition for us - lol.

H.Balck

(in reply to GSlapshot)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Tech Support >> Africa Corps bugs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI