Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Parent unit TOE to Subunit

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Parent unit TOE to Subunit Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Parent unit TOE to Subunit - 8/12/2012 2:39:47 PM   
Jaypea

Hi,

Doing some modding of the ironman scenario and I am trying to recreate the Australian Armoured units (1st, 2nd 3rd). In the process and I am unable to do two things successfully and would appreciate your help!

1) If I have a parent unit linked to three sub-units, how do I get the sub-units to use 1/3 of the parent TOE automatically without having to fill the sub-units correctly (ie - I want to creat the subunits understrength and not just by disabling devices)? I see other units doing this automatically (like the brigades in the CMF divisions) but I can not figure out what settings to use.

2) Can you delay the formation of a parent unit, even if all the sub-units are avaialble? Here, the only way I could do this was to create a pseudo "HQ" unit that is a sub-unit to the parent and is delayed until I want the entire unit formed. Is there a better way to do this?

thank you for your support!

JP

Post #: 1
RE: Parent unit TOE to Subunit - 8/12/2012 3:41:54 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jaypea

Hi,

Doing some modding of the ironman scenario and I am trying to recreate the Australian Armoured units (1st, 2nd 3rd). In the process and I am unable to do two things successfully and would appreciate your help!

1) If I have a parent unit linked to three sub-units, how do I get the sub-units to use 1/3 of the parent TOE automatically without having to fill the sub-units correctly (ie - I want to creat the subunits understrength and not just by disabling devices)? I see other units doing this automatically (like the brigades in the CMF divisions) but I can not figure out what settings to use.

2) Can you delay the formation of a parent unit, even if all the sub-units are avaialble? Here, the only way I could do this was to create a pseudo "HQ" unit that is a sub-unit to the parent and is delayed until I want the entire unit formed. Is there a better way to do this?

thank you for your support!

JP

1) pretty sure there is no shortcut, at least I haven't found one. You have to be able to divide by 3.

2) Yes. Put one subunit into a restricted HQ that has a delay upgrade to unrestricted.

Pax

(in reply to Jaypea)
Post #: 2
RE: Parent unit TOE to Subunit - 8/12/2012 6:47:00 PM   
US87891

There is an editor manual that comes with the game. Section 3.6.3.1 has a description about how to use the ‘split’ function. It has a good explanation of how to make the ‘splits’ come in under strength. There’s Gold in that thar editor manual.

Set the parent unit with an entry delay for when you want the sub-units to recombine. It used to be that sub-units wouldn’t recombine if the parent unit was inactive, but there have been so many changes since this was defined. I hope this part hasn’t been ‘improved’ into uselessness.

If it has, just make a bogus sub-unit with 1 support squad that arrives at the same time and place as the parent. That will prevent recombination till the date the parent and the bogart arrives.

Regards, Matt.

(in reply to Jaypea)
Post #: 3
RE: Parent unit TOE to Subunit - 8/12/2012 9:28:42 PM   
Jaypea

Thank you! I will check out the manual, I was looking for that but wasn't in th eplace I was looking!!

(in reply to US87891)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Parent unit TOE to Subunit Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI