Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Maizuru 2nd SNLF

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Maizuru 2nd SNLF Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Maizuru 2nd SNLF - 8/20/2012 10:21:20 PM   
Icedawg

This unit has a fragment (4 SNLF squads and 4 support squads). Right now, I have it at Wake with the rest of the unit and I'd like to rebuild it, but I'm a bit leery to do so.

Is there some sort of base force that this fragment will turn into later, or is it just a bug that this fragment exists?
Post #: 1
RE: Maizuru 2nd SNLF - 8/21/2012 4:28:42 PM   
bk19@mweb.co.za

No technical reason not to rebuild it at all..

Go ahead.

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 2
RE: Maizuru 2nd SNLF - 8/21/2012 5:45:36 PM   
treespider

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

This unit has a fragment (4 SNLF squads and 4 support squads). Right now, I have it at Wake with the rest of the unit and I'd like to rebuild it, but I'm a bit leery to do so.

Is there some sort of base force that this fragment will turn into later, or is it just a bug that this fragment exists?

IIRC the fragment was introduced into the OOB during development because the Maizuru 2nd SNLF would be wiped out assaulting Wake. The fragment allowed the unit to rebuild... However subsequent patches have introduced the ability to rebuild destroyed units thus neutering the need for the fragment.

< Message edited by treespider -- 8/21/2012 5:46:41 PM >

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 3
RE: Maizuru 2nd SNLF - 8/23/2012 4:48:44 PM   
Icedawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: treespider

quote:

IIRC the fragment was introduced into the OOB during development because the Maizuru 2nd SNLF would be wiped out assaulting Wake. The fragment allowed the unit to rebuild... However subsequent patches have introduced the ability to rebuild destroyed units thus neutering the need for the fragment.

Thanks for the clarification. I always wondered about this fragment. I'm glad to hear it has a logical reason for existing and is not some bug.

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 4
RE: Maizuru 2nd SNLF - 8/24/2012 2:25:06 PM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: treespider

quote:

Always wondered about that myself. Seems that you could now free up that slot to use for additional LCUs in a mod then.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Maizuru 2nd SNLF Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI