Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  350 351 [352] 353 354   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/20/2012 10:07:32 PM   
USSAmerica

.... and a New Page for good luck on our deployment!

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 10531
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/20/2012 10:35:43 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

:D
But someone of you might help me ;-)

Aand isn't the thread more imortant than life itself?

Doesn't a cold beer in the hot sun always taste better when you can gloat about it?

Can something taste better than Bavarian Beer?

< Message edited by Historiker -- 8/20/2012 10:36:35 PM >

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 10532
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/20/2012 10:37:41 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Happy to be of help, Torsten, old chap. Please provide the email addresses, street addresses and phone numbers of your girlfriends. We'll look in on them from time to time and make sure they're well tended.

I see...
Well, I found me one here in the wilderness to kill some time - but I hope I'll be able to tend my collection myself once more very soon.

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10533
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/20/2012 10:39:22 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Walleye fishing is the sport of the Gods.

We have a european relative of the walleye, but I've never catched one myself - and never hunted one.

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 10534
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/20/2012 10:42:49 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

Only on nakes women ;-)

Another scenario where you run the risk of being eaten.

Hmm... The strange meanings of "eat".
An american woman once said to me "eat me" and looked really strange when I got fork and knife.

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 10535
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/20/2012 10:44:37 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

quote:

Happy to be of help, Torsten, old chap. Please provide the email addresses, street addresses and phone numbers of your girlfriends. We'll look in on them from time to time and make sure they're well tended.

I will make it to your area on about the 18th. Try to hang on till then. Stiff upper lip and all that.

Thanks my friends. I'd be lost without you!

And why am I still in the wilderness at 11:50 PM? It is dark and I have no more beer!

Post #: 10536
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/20/2012 10:47:06 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Walloc

quote:

quote:

Btw: I'm a bavarian in Bavaria. I will always find shade and beer in my natural habitate.
In fact, i found an open shop and bought some beer :)

How will that help you fix your tire at all?

Well if u can grow to 6' 3" on beer, why not grow a new cycle tire on beer too. Just saying...

Any how walking 50 clicks with gear should be good training. U never know when u gona hafta invade france again. At 6' 3", Torsten must be in welle eins.

Rasmus

My danish friend: That's the spirit!

I even met a french couple offering help. Maybe they didn't realize that the faster my cylce is back on track, the faster I can "visit" them...

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 10537
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/20/2012 10:48:48 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

I see...
Well, I found me one here in the wilderness to kill some time - but I hope I'll be able to tend my collection myself once more very soon.

Yes. One of my favorite characters from "Hot Shots"-Wash Out. He was related to The Navy here in the US. He had Walleye vision, IIRC:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10538
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/20/2012 10:50:29 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

I'd be lost without you!

And why am I still in the wilderness at 11:50 PM? It is dark and I have no more beer!

Dude...aren't you lost with us too. Literally? Like aren't you lost right now? Sorry about the beer thing. Maybe AW1Steve can pull some strings with some navy buddies of his to air drop you and emergency ration.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10539
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/20/2012 10:50:56 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: StK

@Onime No Kyo:
Ahh thats something someone not from Bavaria (or Austria for that matter) can't ever understand:
A place in the shadows and a cold beer helps us with everything it's just in our nature.

As Austria grew out of Bavaria, you are honorary-Bavarians as well as mountain-Germans.

And the ancient-bavarian/mountain-German is right. Ice cold beer in the shadow is like church service for one of us. We don't even have to pray for it. Give us place in the shadows on a hot day and as much cold beer as we can drink - and everything will solve itself!

(in reply to StK)
Post #: 10540
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/20/2012 10:51:31 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

We have a european relative of the walleye, but I've never catched one myself - and never hunted one.

I'm pretty sure that the vernacular is that one only 'hunts' Muskies (Muskellunge). One fishes for Northern Pike and Walleye (other relatives).

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10541
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/20/2012 10:54:47 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

I'd be lost without you!

Dude...aren't you lost with us too. Literally? Like aren't you lost right now? Sorry about the beer thing. Maybe AW1Steve can pull some strings with some navy buddies of his to air drop you and emergency ration.

I don't care about the rest, but no beer is like... well, no one outside Bavaria will ever understand that cruelty and pain.
Please call Steve and let him get a C-5 Galaxy for an emergency delivery via airdrop. I'll provide exact coordinates and can set the town nearby on fire for easier navigation.
A town without an open bar, pub or restaurant ad midnight isn't worth standing anyways!

< Message edited by Historiker -- 8/20/2012 10:58:37 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10542
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/20/2012 10:57:20 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm pretty sure that the vernacular is that one only 'hunts' Muskies (Muskellunge). One fishes for Northern Pike and Walleye (other relatives).

I see. And once again another German word used in English.
I only went for trout, as I lived in the mountains in the time I was fishing and we have nothing else in the rivers there

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10543
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/20/2012 11:06:27 PM   
Schanilec

quote:

quote:

The Zander? Stocked once here. Don't think they took. There maybe a few left.

This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10544
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/20/2012 11:26:35 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

quote:

quote:

Yes, zander.

Greatly appreciated among fishermen and the most expensive fish to buy.

(in reply to Schanilec)
Post #: 10545
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/21/2012 12:41:12 AM   
Walloc

Torsten, u cant have Steve. Im hogging him atm. Sorry no air drops for ya!
20 mins to first ever pre season football game on Danish telly. 6 months of withdrawls almost over. No sleep tonight....

Hey Torsten, u home yet?

Rasmus

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10546
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/21/2012 12:54:47 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

20 mins to first ever pre season football game on Danish telly. 6 months of withdrawls almost over.

Wow...are the Danes really carrying NFL preseason on television? Really? That's pretty hardcore, Walloc! Hats off to you, mate-you ARE a fan if you lose sleep over preseason NFL games.

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 10547
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/21/2012 1:04:11 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, zander.

Nice set of chompers on that one. A heavy monofilament or steel leader seems a must...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10548
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/21/2012 1:10:04 AM   
Walloc

quote:

quote:

20 mins to first ever pre season football game on Danish telly. 6 months of withdrawls almost over.

Wow...are the Danes really carrying NFL preseason on television? Really? That's pretty hardcore, Walloc! Hats off to you, mate-you ARE a fan if you lose sleep over preseason NFL games.

Yeah, and watching just for the love of the game. Steelers won yesterday. US commentators, guess im the only one that are up. Jon Gruden and Mike, forgetting his surname.

Have fun watching,

Rasmus

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10549
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/21/2012 3:14:00 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

Torsten, u cant have Steve. Im hogging him atm. Sorry no air drops for ya!
20 mins to first ever pre season football game on Danish telly. 6 months of withdrawls almost over. No sleep tonight....

Hey Torsten, u home yet?

Rasmus

Sorry Rasmus. I don't think your my type. Besides, I'm married.

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 10550
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/21/2012 3:17:31 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd be lost without you!

I don't care about the rest, but no beer is like... well, no one outside Bavaria will ever understand that cruelty and pain.
Please call Steve and let him get a C-5 Galaxy for an emergency delivery via airdrop. I'll provide exact coordinates and can set the town nearby on fire for easier navigation.
A town without an open bar, pub or restaurant ad midnight isn't worth standing anyways!

Sorry Dude. C-5's are USAF. And unfortunately USN P-3's don't do "bald eagle" flights any more. For some reason , all kinds of flights used to be need to Germany during Octoberfest. Another one of those great deals of the past that are no longer permitted.

Besides....they don't BRING beer.....they migrate TO beer!

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10551
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/21/2012 12:16:37 PM   
StK

@Historiker:
quote:

I resent this statement . Your good Austrian neighbors know this pain very well (^^,)

I hope you aren't stuck anymore?

< Message edited by StK -- 8/21/2012 12:17:43 PM >

Changing ones point of view isn't easy, but it provides one with a different view on the subject.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 10552
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/21/2012 12:25:03 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: StK

@Historiker:
quote:

I resent this statement . Your good Austrian neighbors know this pain very well (^^,)

I hope you aren't stuck anymore?

As Austria is a child of Bavaria, the next generation is expected to follow the same rules and have the same genes. So Austraians, as honorary bavarians, are included.

Stuck? I've found a cottage full of beer. It hasn't gregrown the tire, yet. But I try hard

(my mom picked me up after 3 hours. I'll get the tire fixed in the next hour and will be off for a 120km ride later. I love ****ing cycling!)

(in reply to StK)
Post #: 10553
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/21/2012 12:26:33 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd be lost without you!

Sorry Dude. C-5's are USAF. And unfortunately USN P-3's don't do "bald eagle" flights any more. For some reason , all kinds of flights used to be need to Germany during Octoberfest. Another one of those great deals of the past that are no longer permitted.

Besides....they don't BRING beer.....they migrate TO beer!

You should'Ve stayed in the navy. But maybe you'll visit me somewhen and we can drink as much Bavarian beer as we can gulp on the Oktoberfest

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 10554
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/21/2012 12:28:23 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, zander.

Nice set of chompers on that one. A heavy monofilament or steel leader seems a must...

I guess we gotta go fishing somewhen...

I have a friend in Ghana who has inveted me for years to come visit him. I hope I'll be finally able to do so in 2013. If so, I plan to go some Big Game fishing at sea!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10555
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/21/2012 2:26:00 PM   
Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Sorry Rasmus. I don't think your my type. Besides, I'm married.

Thinks???? i know it. Any how looking through out history, neither type issues nor marriage seems to have stopped ppl. So that is just small bumps on the road. Any luck on, u know what?

Rasmus

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 10556
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/21/2012 2:43:45 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Morning tithe.

The house is getting progressively more empty.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 10557
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/21/2012 2:48:19 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Gonna go see if my iPhone has been unlocked prior to resuming the packing.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

Post #: 10558
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/21/2012 2:50:21 PM   
Onime No Kyo

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/18/us-finland-mobile-idUSBRE87H08D20120818

Did I warn you about these guys, or what?

< Message edited by Onime No Kyo -- 8/21/2012 2:51:09 PM >

Post #: 10559
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/21/2012 3:41:00 PM   
Historiker

quote:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/18/us-finland-mobile-idUSBRE87H08D20120818

Did I warn you about these guys, or what?

He had practised by drinking!

Post #: 10560
Page:   <<   < prev  350 351 [352] 353 354   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  350 351 [352] 353 354   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI