Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  358 359 [360] 361 362   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/3/2012 3:29:33 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

Good morning everyone tithe... Heavy rain here for the last two days, and things are getting a bit soggy. But it is spring and the daffodils are out, plus the trees are starting to blossom, so that sort of makes up for the weather.

I'm glad to see your spirits are up. And I'll be praying that tumor stays asleep (or shrivels up and goes away!). Take care !

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 10771
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/3/2012 3:30:02 AM   
AW1Steve

UNP? H'mmmm my 1st in months.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 10772
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/3/2012 5:43:50 AM   
rms1pa

all hail the thread!

rms/pa

there is a technical term for those who confuse the opinions of an author's characters for the opinions of the author.
the term is IDIOT.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 10773
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/3/2012 8:39:45 AM   
Empire101

Morning!!

Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to rms1pa)
Post #: 10774
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/3/2012 8:44:57 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 10775
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/3/2012 8:46:34 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

No the tumor is unfortunately still there and inoperable, as it is embedded in the main blood supply from my stomach to the rest of organs. The good news is that in is still dormant, but it can rupture blood vessels if I get too physical.

But life is still good, as I can see the new daffodils in the park below. I also now have my laptop and more importantly my WitP-AE Pbem with Dan Nichols, who is a great opponent and has had a lot of patience with our starty-stoppy game.

Fingers crossed Des!

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 10776
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/3/2012 9:41:04 AM   
DivePac88

Evening tithe... Thanks for the good wishes.

It is actually quite good in here, as the Nurses are great, and the food is real good.

The only downside is the air-conditioning, which plays havoc with my complexion.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 10777
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/3/2012 10:03:03 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Evening tithe... been a bit scarce lately as I've been in hospital again.

The tumor caused an internal bleed, but all OK now after op, and I got some new blood.

So I feeling great, and hope everyone is having a good-one.

Hi Des,

Hope you're on the mend, mate. Did they get all of the offending mass out of you, then?

I Andre, hope you're having a good one.

No the tumor is unfortunately still there and inoperable, as it is embedded in the main blood supply from my stomach to the rest of organs. The good news is that in is still dormant, but it can rupture blood vessels if I get too physical.

But life is still good, as I can see the new daffodils in the park below. I also now have my laptop and more importantly my WitP-AE Pbem with Dan Nichols, who is a great opponent and has had a lot of patience with our starty-stoppy game.

Hiya Des,

Thanks for the updates. Sorry to hear about your stay in the hospital, mate. Hope you feel better soon.

+1

morning tithe.

Pax

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10778
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/3/2012 10:20:20 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Evening tithe... Thanks for the good wishes.

It is actually quite good in here, as the Nurses are great, and the food is real good.

The only downside is the air-conditioning, which plays havoc with my complexion.

It is still warm here (25 to 30 degrees Centigrade)... it is not like on the Adriatic (and I was still swimming on Saturday)...

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 10779
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/3/2012 3:12:10 PM   
Dixie

Back from my first air show with the BBMF I think I might actually like public relations work

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 10780
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/3/2012 3:17:40 PM   
Chickenboy

Happy Labor Day to my American THREAD brothers. Enjoy summer's last (unofficial) day.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 10781
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/4/2012 1:59:52 AM   
USSAmerica

Good Labor Day Evening - Tithe.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10782
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/4/2012 2:01:52 AM   
USSAmerica

I sure labored over this long weekend. Bought a car for my wife to put her 160 miles/day into that gets around 38 mpg. Then, spent most of 2 days doing "spring cleaning" on the house. Better late than never, right?

I also managed to get in a 6 mile run on Saturday morning, but still no turn for poor, patient Historiker.

Mike

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 10783
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/4/2012 2:43:18 AM   
Treetop64

Evening, dudes.

Spent the last week roasting in 100 degree heat in Clovis, then returned to Redwood City today to a wonderfully chilly 85 degrees!

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 10784
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/4/2012 7:19:36 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Treetop64)
Post #: 10785
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/4/2012 7:24:19 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

I sure labored over this long weekend. Bought a car for my wife to put her 160 miles/day into that gets around 38 mpg.

That much commute every day?

BTW, are you guys starting to consider all electric (or hybrid electric / petrol) cars like Volt yet?

quote:

Then, spent most of 2 days doing "spring cleaning" on the house. Better late than never, right?

Spring?

Autumn!

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 10786
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/4/2012 7:25:54 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

Back from my first air show with the BBMF I think I might actually like public relations work

Nice Martin!

BTW, you wrote earlier that you went out of your base with one colleague to repair Spitfire in one other base. I thought that all other Spitfires are not in flying condition and that only Spitfires that you take care of actually fly...

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 10787
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/4/2012 8:51:53 AM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Nice Martin!

BTW, you wrote earlier that you went out of your base with one colleague to repair Spitfire in one other base. I thought that all other Spitfires are not in flying condition and that only Spitfires that you take care of actually fly...

Leo "Apollo11"

You mean about two weeks ago? That would have been Blackpool. As I'm sure you're aware the Spitfire in particular has a very short range, so it's often the case that the flight will base some of our aircraft elsewhere for a few days. The pilots can do some limited servicing on them, but for a longer term stay the fighters need the TLC that only the techies can provide

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 10788
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/4/2012 10:04:27 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nice Martin!

You mean about two weeks ago? That would have been Blackpool. As I'm sure you're aware the Spitfire in particular has a very short range, so it's often the case that the flight will base some of our aircraft elsewhere for a few days. The pilots can do some limited servicing on them, but for a longer term stay the fighters need the TLC that only the techies can provide

I was away for 2 weeks...

OK... I understand it now... your Spitfire flew away and you guys had to service it...

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 10789
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/4/2012 10:28:33 AM   
Dixie

quote:

Hi all,

OK... I understand it now... your Spitfire flew away and you guys had to service it...

Leo "Apollo11"

We would have. But the Spitfire didn't go to Blackpool so we had a free night out instead!

This weekend at Bournemouth was something a bit different. A few of us were sent down to look after the BBMF trailer on the seafront. It involved a lot of talking to the public and selling the RAF and particularly the BBMF.

Spoke to a lot of kids, some older people who were thinking of joining the RAF, too many oddballs and one 91 year old ex-rear gunner. The RAF had an area on the seafront with various stands etc and a Chinook mock up for people to look around. A bit of positive PR goes a long way and sending us to mingle means we're in the public eye. The job is even easier when the aircrew come down to talk to the public, all I have to do is sell merchandise and point the annoying ones at the pilots

The highlight was possibly the conspiracy theorist who claimed that unmarked tankers are releasing heavy metals into the atmosphere. His proof was that it doesn't rain as much any more, after the wettest summer in years!

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 10790
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/4/2012 1:01:51 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

We would have. But the Spitfire didn't go to Blackpool so we had a free night out instead!

This weekend at Bournemouth was something a bit different. A few of us were sent down to look after the BBMF trailer on the seafront. It involved a lot of talking to the public and selling the RAF and particularly the BBMF.

Spoke to a lot of kids, some older people who were thinking of joining the RAF, too many oddballs and one 91 year old ex-rear gunner. The RAF had an area on the seafront with various stands etc and a Chinook mock up for people to look around. A bit of positive PR goes a long way and sending us to mingle means we're in the public eye. The job is even easier when the aircrew come down to talk to the public, all I have to do is sell merchandise and point the annoying ones at the pilots

The highlight was possibly the conspiracy theorist who claimed that unmarked tankers are releasing heavy metals into the atmosphere. His proof was that it doesn't rain as much any more, after the wettest summer in years!

Interesting, Dixie. Good luck with the PR effort. It's probably an 'easy sell' for most Brits-a popular battle of self-defense that you won. Could be worse. You could work for the HFMF (Hurtgen Forest Memorial Force). Then nobody would give a whit.

As for the conspiracist: clearly the fact that you're bringing it up means that he's right. Oh sure, the facts don't line up neatly. But that's because the government mixes things up occasionally to throw off the suspicious.

ETA: On second thought, you should have explained that the 'heavy metal' program was belayed by order of Queensryche. Working in conjunction with Eddie Van Halen and a hastily-assembled Motley Crue, this effort has ceased.

Plus, the heavy metals in the atmosphere were interfering with the orbital mind control lasers.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 9/4/2012 2:26:06 PM >

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 10791
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/4/2012 2:20:56 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

Nice!

BTW, what stuff do you guys sell at those events?

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 10792
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/4/2012 3:08:27 PM   
Historiker

When I was in a stuend fraternity, there was a British guest, very old. We thought it makes sense to organize the seating in a way that he sits next to an equally old member of the fraternity.
When they talked, the British told he is from London. The German said: "Nice city, though I only saw it from above."

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 10793
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/4/2012 3:38:17 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

I sure labored over this long weekend. Bought a car for my wife to put her 160 miles/day into that gets around 38 mpg.

That much commute every day?

BTW, are you guys starting to consider all electric (or hybrid electric / petrol) cars like Volt yet?

Leo "Apollo11"

Hi Leo, no all electric cars for us, at least not for my wife's commute. She's out on the open highway for most of her miles, so all electric is not convenient, or likely even possible. But also, the cost of these cars is still waaaaaay to high. With the number of miles she drives, we will burn up the value of the car in 3 years or less. Bought a 2010 Focus for 1/4 the cost of a Volt.

Mike

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 10794
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/4/2012 3:40:32 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

When I was in a stuend fraternity, there was a British guest, very old. We thought it makes sense to organize the seating in a way that he sits next to an equally old member of the fraternity.
When they talked, the British told he is from London. The German said: "Nice city, though I only saw it from above."

You hear plenty of those sort of jokes from the British side, it's the first time I've heard of a German being the joker. It must happen but I get the impression that a lot of them avoid mentioning the war and any part they had in it.

Have you seen the various adverts for Spitfire beer? They're great

http://www.spitfireale.co.uk/spitfire-adverts/

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10795
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/4/2012 3:41:20 PM   
USSAmerica

Good (feels like Monday) Morning - Tithe.

Mike

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 10796
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/4/2012 3:45:24 PM   
Dixie

quote:

Hi all,

Nice!

BTW, what stuff do you guys sell at those events?

Leo "Apollo11"

All sorts of great stuff. If you're reading this boss, promote me! I bought a t-shirt for Josh at the weekend.

T-shirts and jackets, calendars, kid sized black flying suits, art prints including several limited editions, signed prints, hip flasks and all the other trinkets you usually get at museum shops. For the kiddies (or men in their 40s who should have tried harder at school) we also give out posters, this year it was the Spitfire on one side and the Lanc on the other. If the aircrew are able to then they'll come down and sign the posters for the kids.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 10797
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/4/2012 3:46:42 PM   
jeffk3510

Good morning all.

Hope those the had yesterday off enjoyed it.

We hand a wonderful time at the zoo, despite it being 107 degrees. Our boys really enjoyed the animals that were active. The grizzy bear, watter buffalo, petting zoo, tiger, hippo, giraffe, and all of the monkey/apes were especially our oldest's favorites. Since the last time we went a couple of months ago, a gorrilla ran up really fast and smashed the glass right in front of him. He was really scared of course, but that is all he has been talking about since then. "Rilla fast. Bang glass daddy" This time he watched the hippo eat right in front of him. "Hipp chomp romp chomp daddy, blow". He especially enjoyed all of the reptiles/fish exhibits, as he could stand in front of them the whole time and look through the glass.

Wonderful time.

BTW, the frogs we saw were "wrestling" as I told my son.

< Message edited by jeffk3510 -- 9/4/2012 3:48:09 PM >

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Currently chasing three kids around the Midwest.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 10798
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/4/2012 4:11:06 PM   
Schanilec

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Good morning all.

Hope those the had yesterday off enjoyed it.

We hand a wonderful time at the zoo, despite it being 107 degrees. Our boys really enjoyed the animals that were active. The grizzy bear, watter buffalo, petting zoo, tiger, hippo, giraffe, and all of the monkey/apes were especially our oldest's favorites. Since the last time we went a couple of months ago, a gorrilla ran up really fast and smashed the glass right in front of him. He was really scared of course, but that is all he has been talking about since then. "Rilla fast. Bang glass daddy" This time he watched the hippo eat right in front of him. "Hipp chomp romp chomp daddy, blow". He especially enjoyed all of the reptiles/fish exhibits, as he could stand in front of them the whole time and look through the glass.

Wonderful time.

BTW, the frogs we saw were "wrestling" as I told my son.

Or they were the leap-frog practice team.

This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 10799
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/4/2012 4:39:30 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

You hear plenty of those sort of jokes from the British side, it's the first time I've heard of a German being the joker. It must happen but I get the impression that a lot of them avoid mentioning the war and any part they had in it.

Have you seen the various adverts for Spitfire beer? They're great

http://www.spitfireale.co.uk/spitfire-adverts/

hillarious!

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 10800
Page:   <<   < prev  358 359 [360] 361 362   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  358 359 [360] 361 362   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI