Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/3/2012 10:43:16 AM   
kirk23

Now available for the first time in War Plan Orange the Soviet Navy.

Attachment (1)

Make it so!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 31
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/3/2012 11:25:09 AM   
kirk23

SAMPLE JAPANESE NAVY.

Attachment (1)

Make it so!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 32
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/3/2012 7:29:09 PM   
bwheatley

WPO was a very good game and money well spent. I really liked the limited airpower. It gave a really different feel to the game. You really needed midway and other islands as well to function as coal stops. If it could be ported to the WITP:AE engine that would be sexy. I'd pay for it again. <3

-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's WAW mod
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's GPW mod
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 33
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/3/2012 9:28:53 PM   
kirk23

Pandoras Box scenario includes the following.

CVs,CVLs,CVEs all sides = 26

BBs,Old BBs,BCs all sides = 348

CAs all sides = 132

LCs all sides = 335

DDs all sides = 1396

SS all sides = 927

Plus a great deal more changes from stock scenario's,to many to mention here !

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 9/3/2012 9:37:53 PM >

Make it so!

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 34
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/4/2012 12:47:17 AM   
Falken

I actually like WPO, but my time has been limited with life and a WITP AE game w/Kitakami. However, big fan of the game, and just started downloading your scenarios.

I have a question w/Kirk on AI playability, and hopefully, it's doable. My game w/my WITP AE opponent is going slowly, which is exactly what we both needed due to time limitations. We actually found each other by chance on the forum, and both realized that we both loved AE, but both had the same time playability problems.

Long story to say that if the new scenarios are playable w/AI, so that I could learn the OOB and concepts of Battleship warfare, I could possibly do a PBEM in the future.

This game is worth saving. It's really too bad that we can't simply port it to AE, build a battleship centric scenario, and change the playability dates from 41 to mid 20's.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 35
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/4/2012 4:06:01 AM   
Fallschirmjager

quote:

ORIGINAL: kirk23

Yip that is the games achilles heal the poor AI,the 4 modules in the games scenario editor can be modded,but the instruction on how to do it correctly,are quite confusing,alter something too much and your screwed,plus with all the new stuff I have been adding,the biggest problem is the games AI does not know what to do with them,As an example I have added a very large naval fleet for the Soviets at Vlad,but the AI really just ignores them!

Contact forum user Andy Mac. He does the AI modules for WiTP AE and might be able to shed some light on WPO AI.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 36
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/4/2012 4:08:54 AM   
kirk23

Cheers I will send Andy Mac a message and see what he has to say on the subject.

Make it so!

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 37
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/4/2012 4:12:12 AM   
kirk23

quote:

ORIGINAL: Falken

I actually like WPO, but my time has been limited with life and a WITP AE game w/Kitakami. However, big fan of the game, and just started downloading your scenarios.

I have a question w/Kirk on AI playability, and hopefully, it's doable. My game w/my WITP AE opponent is going slowly, which is exactly what we both needed due to time limitations. We actually found each other by chance on the forum, and both realized that we both loved AE, but both had the same time playability problems.

Long story to say that if the new scenarios are playable w/AI, so that I could learn the OOB and concepts of Battleship warfare, I could possibly do a PBEM in the future.

This game is worth saving. It's really too bad that we can't simply port it to AE, build a battleship centric scenario, and change the playability dates from 41 to mid 20's.

If you check out this thread I'm already in the process of trying to adapt WPO to the AE using the editor,but as you say it's hard coded to 1941 at present time,so the Dreadnoughts are all 20 years out of date?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3129210

Make it so!

(in reply to Falken)
Post #: 38
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/4/2012 4:20:44 AM   
kirk23

I would like either the game made more compatible with WITP AE,or a WPO AE upgrade attempted if possible,I'm trying to make this happen in the background contacting people don't you know.

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 9/4/2012 4:21:03 AM >

Make it so!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 39
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/6/2012 1:37:06 AM   
gradenko2k

I still play War Plan Orange, including and especially the Castles of Steel scenario, and I just wanted to shout-out that I think you're doing a massively great service to keeping this game alive. Kudos!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 40
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/6/2012 10:45:51 AM   
melspence_MatrixForum

Kirk

Downloaded the latest versions of the scenarios, great work, all i need are implemented maps for the Atlantic and the Med, preferably before 2014!!!!

(in reply to gradenko2k)
Post #: 41
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/6/2012 11:35:55 AM   
kirk23

So glad to here that you play Castles of Steel,so my hard works not in vain after all,some folks do play my scenarios.

Well if you like that,have you downloaded and tried PANDORAS BOX,it is even bigger than CASTLES OF STEEL ?

Thanks for the feedback,all feedback welcome cheers!

Make it so!

(in reply to gradenko2k)
Post #: 42
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/6/2012 11:39:34 AM   
kirk23

Hi melspence,so you are trying to create a battle of Atlantic,Meditereanan mod with new map art,that would put the High Seas Fleet etc,back in thier natural habitat,cheers for feedback the more the better keep it coming folks.

Make it so!

(in reply to melspence_MatrixForum)
Post #: 43
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/6/2012 11:45:02 AM   
melspence_MatrixForum

there is an atlantic map kicking about, and I think a med one. So I guess that "just" means getting my head around the hex database, as I could just nick your ships and aircraft ;-).

Seriously though, for all the limitations of the AI, it's still a great game, and playing Jellicoe, Beattie, Berkley-Milne, Sheer et al would be fun

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 44
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/6/2012 11:52:59 AM   
kirk23

I think news regarding WPO & Matrix is about to break,at present time I don't know the details,but work behind the scenes is on going,I hope to reveal some good news for WPO soon fingers crossed.By the way you are free to use my ship,aircraft art how you see fit enjoy,if there is something missing that you would like art for,let me know and I should be able to do it for you.

Make it so!

Post #: 45
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/6/2012 11:54:23 AM   
melspence_MatrixForum

is their a tutorial for editing the hex databse for wpo?

Post #: 46
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/6/2012 12:05:10 PM   
kirk23

I don't think so,there is a editor manual within the game directory,take a look at it,there might be some instruction available there.

Make it so!

Post #: 47
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/6/2012 12:16:18 PM   
melspence_MatrixForum

Found it, it's the same editor for WITP, so the hex database is probably identical, actually from some of the comments on WITP AE, the hex database may not have changed very much at all

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 48
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/6/2012 12:20:07 PM   
kirk23

The biggest difference between WITP AE & WPO is the hex game scale I think,otherwise it's still the same.

Make it so!

Post #: 49
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/6/2012 12:29:04 PM   
melspence_MatrixForum

I haven't played pandora's box enough to besure, but I don;t think there is much if anything missing from the major fleets. The coastal navies would be wonderful, Norway, sweden, etc.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 50
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/6/2012 12:44:27 PM   
kirk23

Have you downloaded the latest version off PANDORAS BOX,I updated the link 2 days ago with new art work and other tweaks,I have rerouted the huge task force 1,to attack Manilla,as the AI was not supporting the invasion of Singapore,maybe with an improved AI,we might be able to get a harder challenge for the human player,watch the space hopefully something new happening soon.

Make it so!

Post #: 51
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/6/2012 12:47:38 PM   
kirk23

As for coastal navies I'm sure I could add these to the game no problems,Norway,Sweden etc as you say,all this can be done pretty easily!

Make it so!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 52
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/6/2012 12:52:33 PM   
melspence_MatrixForum

Oh B____r, I have now lol

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 53
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/6/2012 12:57:33 PM   
melspence_MatrixForum

This game represents the best chance to play a WW1 grand naval campaign, with all the what ifs. Suppose Itally held to to the Triple Alliance? The med becomes much more difficult for the Entente, and the Grand Fleet situation becomes trickier with the need to re-inforce the med. the Italians planned, (not very realistically), for large scale amphibious assaluts on the French coast- the gaming would be fasciniating.

I'm working on a naval miniatures campaign for this, but a WPO mod would be fab.

Post #: 54
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/6/2012 12:57:40 PM   
kirk23

Great PANDORAS BOX is my favourite scenario,in my opinion it's the biggest and best enjoy.

Make it so!

Post #: 55
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/6/2012 1:02:04 PM   
kirk23

quote:

ORIGINAL: melspence

This game represents the best chance to play a WW1 grand naval campaign, with all the what ifs. Suppose Itally held to to the Triple Alliance? The med becomes much more difficult for the Entente, and the Grand Fleet situation becomes trickier with the need to re-inforce the med. the Italians planned, (not very realistically), for large scale amphibious assaluts on the French coast- the gaming would be fasciniating.

I'm working on a naval miniatures campaign for this, but a WPO mod would be fab.

I'm always trying to improve WPO,and with Matrix onboard, plus other interested parties,who are showing an interest behind the scenes,things just might be about to change around here for the better watch this space folks!

Make it so!

Post #: 56
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/6/2012 1:35:34 PM   
melspence_MatrixForum

You're such a tease

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 57
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/6/2012 3:11:51 PM   
kirk23

I know I'm bad hehehehehe!

Make it so!

Post #: 58
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/6/2012 8:11:23 PM   
Connfire

Replying to some of the above threads:

quote:

there is an atlantic map kicking about, and I think a med one. So I guess that "just" means getting my head around the hex database, as I could just nick your ships and aircraft ;-).

Check out Spooky's site, which is still live, at http://mathubert.free.fr/. Also there is a WITP thread dedicated to outside websites and content, some of them may also contain the maps you are looking for and other goodies at http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=805143

quote:

Found it, it's the same editor for WITP, so the hex database is probably identical, actually from some of the comments on WITP AE, the hex database may not have changed very much at all

I believe that is 100% correct. WPO is a mod of the original WITP. I would think the maps modded for WITP over the years would be interchangable with WPO.

quote:

Although it is never stated, there is a strong implication in WPO that there are other enemies fighting the Allies in other areas of the world. Italy and possibly Turkey tying up resources in the Med would be very feasible for the 1920s. This would explain why the US and Royal Navies do not shift their entire fleets into the Pacific within the first few months of the war.

Also bear in mind, even though WPO betrays its WITP roots by producing a rock-solid alliance between the US, UK-Commonwealth, France, Holland, and China, that was not the historic case in the 1920s. While not even close to open warfare, relations between the UK and France were strained over Germany and Turkey. Holland would never join a military alliance unless attacked. China was in its warlord period. There was (even though it was expiring) an Anglo-Japanese Alliance. Even within the British Commonwealth, the trauma of Galipoli was still very present in the 1920s.

This is why I am a strong advocate of players being able to decide which nations are at war, and with whom, within WPO. As it stands now, PBEM players have to make their own "house rules" to do that. The strategic possibilities that could be gained by implementing a simple system to give the players such a choice could really add to WPO's strategic depth, and help the game to move beyond being a WITP mod and develop into its own.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 59
RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. - 9/6/2012 8:20:49 PM   
kirk23

FOR ANYONE WHO MISSED THIS UPDATED LINK

All new PANDORAS BOX scenario link as off 4th September 2012. ( This replaces all previous links and is fully updated with all the latest art work etc. )

PANDORAS BOX NEW LINK

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22207440/WAR+PLAN+ORANGE+PANDORAS+BOX+SCENARIO.zip

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 9/6/2012 8:29:49 PM >

Make it so!

(in reply to Connfire)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> RE: WAR PLAN ORANGE PLAYERS VOTE. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI