Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  362 363 [364] 365 366   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/8/2012 7:00:22 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

The "Eclipse" in front of Dubrovnik...

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.
That "yacht" is biggest in the world and 160+ meters long!

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 10891
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/8/2012 9:17:33 PM   
Chickenboy

Gophers win big against New Hampshire 44-7! Great game to bring a kid to for the first time. The boy spent some of the time looking at the cheerleaders on the sidelines too...atta boy...

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10892
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/8/2012 10:44:41 PM   
zuluhour

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Gophers win big against New Hampshire 44-7! Great game to bring a kid to for the first time. The boy spent some of the time looking at the cheerleaders on the sidelines too...atta boy...

Sometimes I wish I had boys.........high five'in instead face slapp'in.......where cheerleaders and the like are concerned.

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 9/8/2012 10:47:04 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10893
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 10:31:22 AM   
sprior

quote:

Lord Admiral Sprior-how was the driving in France during your recent trip? Something like this?

No, they all drive down the outside lane and clog the whole thing up for proper drivers.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10894
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 1:24:54 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Good day!

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 10895
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 2:11:37 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

Looks like a slow 10 hours on the THREAD.

Off with the boy to see the Gophers fight that football powerhouse of New Hampshire. Ski-u-ma, baby!

Well, then, here is a puppy picture.

The tan puppy is saying farewell to his black-furred brother who is on his way to his new home at the neighbors'.

Puppies!

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 10896
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 3:15:54 PM   
Dixie

Mrs Dixie is now suffering from severe phone envy Poor wee dear

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10897
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 6:39:58 PM   
AW1Steve

Sunday tithe. Hey by-the-way , any of you guys Audio junkies? I'm looking for some one who likes an electronic challenge to advise me. Trying valiantly to hook up an old style TEAC receiver to a Bose home theatre system. Speaker wires to RCA? Or component? HDMI? I feel like I'm trying to fit a Brand new GE jet engine to a Curtis Jenny!

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 10898
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 7:04:50 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

What happened Martin?

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 10899
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 7:06:18 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Sunday tithe. Hey by-the-way , any of you guys Audio junkies? I'm looking for some one who likes an electronic challenge to advise me. Trying valiantly to hook up an old style TEAC receiver to a Bose home theatre system. Speaker wires to RCA? Or component? HDMI? I feel like I'm trying to fit a Brand new GE jet engine to a Curtis Jenny!

I'm no audiophile, but went through attaching various receiver inputs recently. Upshot: it's all about the HDMI, dude. 'Component' blows chunks. If your old style TEAC receiver supports HDMI, you're in. Otherwise, consider its use as a paperweight.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 10900
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 7:07:15 PM   
Chickenboy

Done figuring out IJAAF Kwangtung training pre-first move tithe. Off to watch some football.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10901
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 7:07:39 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Steve, I am old school Audio fan... 2 channels for me only for music!

What exactly you want to do?

The "Teac receiver" should have tuner plus amplifier in it - but your new Bose Home theater already have the amps inside.

Do you only want to connect tuner from TEAC to play over Bose Home theater?

Leo "Apollo11

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 10902
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 7:45:29 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

I'm no audiophile, but went through attaching various receiver inputs recently. Upshot: it's all about the HDMI, dude. 'Component' blows chunks. If your old style TEAC receiver supports HDMI, you're in. Otherwise, consider its use as a paperweight.

While I agree with you that HDMI is a wonderfully easy to use and effective connection, I don't belive in junking something because it's "not cutting edge". (Otherwise , I'd probably be the 1st one left on the iceberg). Strangley enough , I often find older tech does a better job. My young nephews (and Yuri) think I'm crazy , but I really think classical music sounds different on CD (and better) than MP3. Despite growing up using 1st eclectric , then 2,3,4 and eventually 5 blade razors , 3 years ago I took up using a 1903 model single edged razor , and soap and brush. Far superior and a lot more fun! (I'm even ...VERY cautiously!) experimenting with an old fashioned straight razor.

I defy you to compare an "Ernest Hemingway" daquri with a "frozen concotion" from the 1970's (which in itself should die on old age soon!...please!). I really do feel that 1970-80 speakers were the ultimate achievment, Bose withstanding. (Yes , its a Bose system I'm trying to hook into). So , since everyone needs a hobby , I'll continue trying turn my home theatre into a 1980s/20 something Cyborg. Besides, it annoys the youngsters!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 10903
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 7:59:09 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

The "Teac receiver" should have tuner plus amplifier in it - but your new Bose Home theater already have the amps inside.

Leo "Apollo11

Basically I like to use the TEAC as a controller for my other audio devices. I have a CD/MP3 player already tied in via my Bose system. The primary use for my TEAC is both for it's AM/FM receiver and a tie in for a Record player converter systm (I've been converting some of my parents old Records to CD). My problem is the only connector coming off the TEAC is speaker wire. Obviously I can always connect it to external old speakers (seperate from the Bose system) but that seems ineffiecient and absolutely no fun!

Weird as it may seem , I'm actually having a ball connecting as many systems through the Bose as I can. So far ,a DVR/cable box, A blue ray player , a DVD/VHS recorder, a "no region" DVD player (for all those great foreign films NOT playable on US players (and allowing me to take advantage of Amazon-UK and all those BBC video's NOT on sale in a US format) , My laptop (for playing WITP on a 55" screen) and of course a CD/MP3 player.

Andre wouldn't get it , but if been a blast (he's a young pup!). There's a crazy side of me that wants find a old 8track player and tie it in so I can convert a box of old 8 tracks I recently came across!

So my question basically is, Leo are you are of an easy converter/modulator/splicer/gadget that can lead in with speaker cable and output to a more modern set of leads that can tie into my home theatre? Which has inputs from , HDMI,Conponets,S-video,and even optical.

If not, no big deal, I'm just having fun.........

By the way , I don't NEED to play over the Bose system , "piggy backing" through it's speakers would also be cool.

< Message edited by AW1Steve -- 9/9/2012 8:00:19 PM >

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 10904
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 8:14:08 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

quote:

Basically I like to use the TEAC as a controller for my other audio devices. I have a CD/MP3 player already tied in via my Bose system. The primary use for my TEAC is both for it's AM/FM receiver and a tie in for a Record player converter systm (I've been converting some of my parents old Records to CD). My problem is the only connector coming off the TEAC is speaker wire. Obviously I can always connect it to external old speakers (seperate from the Bose system) but that seems ineffiecient and absolutely no fun!

Weird as it may seem , I'm actually having a ball connecting as many systems through the Bose as I can. So far ,a DVR/cable box, A blue ray player , a DVD/VHS recorder, a "no region" DVD player (for all those great foreign films NOT playable on US players (and allowing me to take advantage of Amazon-UK and all those BBC video's NOT on sale in a US format) , My laptop (for playing WITP on a 55" screen) and of course a CD/MP3 player.

Andre wouldn't get it , but if been a blast (he's a young pup!). There's a crazy side of me that wants find a old 8track player and tie it in so I can convert a box of old 8 tracks I recently came across!

So my question basically is, Leo are you are of an easy converter/modulator/splicer/gadget that can lead in with speaker cable and output to a more modern set of leads that can tie into my home theatre? Which has inputs from , HDMI,Conponets,S-video,and even optical.

By the way , I don't NEED to play over the Bose system , "piggy backing" through it's speakers would also be cool.

OK - I understand what you want / need now Steve!

Although I am a bit puzzled that TEAC receiver only has speaker connectors for "OUT" - it should have at least "AUX OUT" of that TEAC receiver... hmmm...

The thing is that you want to have signal out of your device that has only passed through the pre-amplifier (i.e. RCA connectors) and not after amplifier (i.e. speaker connectors) - the amplified signal can't be used for input (too high voltage - you would burn the input circuits)...

As for "piggy backing" speaks on two different devices... I don't know... the audiophiles don't like it... I also don't like it and I never ever did it with my system(s)... I think that you have Bose speakers with Bose Home theater and I don't know how god (and if) they are with older TEAC receiver (especially regarding speaker impedance)...

Leo "Apollo11

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 10905
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 8:18:24 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

quote:

OK - I understand what you want / need now Steve!

Although I am a bit puzzled that TEAC receiver only has speaker connectors for "OUT" - it should have at least "AUX OUT" of that TEAC receiver... hmmm...

The thing is that you want to have signal out of your device that has only passed through the pre-amplifier (i.e. RCA connectors) and not after amplifier (i.e. speaker connectors) - the amplified signal can't be used for input (too high voltage - you would burn the input circuits)...

As for "piggy backing" speaks on two different devices... I don't know... the audiophiles don't like it... I also don't like it and I never ever did it with my system(s)... I think that you have Bose speakers with Bose Home theater and I don't know how god (and if) they are with older TEAC receiver (especially regarding speaker impedance)...

Leo "Apollo11

Thanks Leo! That's pretty much as I figured. I guess I'll be installing it upstairs in my library then. Many thanks for confirming what I suspected.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 10906
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 9:11:27 PM   
Dixie

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

What happened Martin?

Leo "Apollo11"

I got a new phone and she didn't

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 10907
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 9:47:24 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

What happened Martin?

Leo "Apollo11"

You sleeping on the couch yet?

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 10908
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 10:05:41 PM   
Historiker

I miss the US. Everytime I watch a documentation about the states, I miss being there.

Hopefully only a few weeks until I'm back!

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 10909
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 10:19:04 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

I miss the US. Everytime I watch a documentation about the states, I miss being there.

Keep us informed! Maybe we can find a nice bar and do a SC summit!

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10910
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 10:25:10 PM   
Dixie

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

What happened Martin?

Leo "Apollo11"

Nope. Because I got to bed first. Of course I did have to turn in at 6 tonight

< Message edited by Dixie -- 9/9/2012 10:26:01 PM >

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 10911
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 10:44:25 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

What happened Martin?

Leo "Apollo11"

Nope. Because I got to bed first. Of course I did have to turn in at 6 tonight

I'd recommend either learning to be nice, or invest in an aerobed.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 10912
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 10:56:13 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 10913
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 11:00:02 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

Apparently you need to bring back your empties! http://bottomline.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/07/13729723-germanys-real-crisis-oktoberfest-beer-shortage-looms?lite

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10914
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 11:11:39 PM   
Historiker

Whenever I see statistics about alcohol consumption and Germany/Bavaria isn't on place one, I think the famous phrase from "Starship Troopers":

I'm doing my part!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMTz9nIUkGc

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 10915
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/9/2012 11:12:15 PM   
Historiker

quote:

That "yacht" is biggest in the world and 160+ meters long!

and who has built it?

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 10916
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/10/2012 2:57:30 AM   
AW1Steve

Guys, I've just received a PM from someone calling himself "SamuraiSkates " asking about Helmut. No posts, no record, it appears to be a new log-in. Anyone else suspious about this? He joined 12 August 2012.

< Message edited by AW1Steve -- 9/10/2012 2:58:37 AM >

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10917
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/10/2012 3:19:36 AM   
USSAmerica

quote:

Just give me enough time to change the sheets on the guest room bed!

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 10918
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/10/2012 3:20:17 AM   
USSAmerica

quote:

Guys, I've just received a PM from someone calling himself "SamuraiSkates " asking about Helmut. No posts, no record, it appears to be a new log-in. Anyone else suspious about this? He joined 12 August 2012.

Looks like loser city to me, Steve. Candidate for the Ignore button, which I think will also block PM's.

Mike

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 10919
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/10/2012 3:20:35 AM   
USSAmerica

Late weekend - Tithe.

Mike

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 10920
Page:   <<   < prev  362 363 [364] 365 366   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  362 363 [364] 365 366   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI