Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/5/2012 8:29:23 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

Force Majeure is in operation (whatever that means).

That is just a fancy way to say that the wife forbade it.
Warspite1

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 301
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/5/2012 9:21:23 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

wall to wall Olympics - no time for anything else - not even wargaming!!

That's the last straw. You are BANNED.

And don't spout Ambrose, I consulted his manual on forum rules and I have the right to ban you for not playing wargames.

FINALLY.
Warspite1

Spout Ambrose? Moi? I wouldn't dream of doing any such thing.
Warspite1

Perhaps you will allow me to quote from a prolific Scottish writer and historian who shall, at this juncture, remain nameless.

It is considered somewhat bad form to try and get someone banned from a wargaming forum in circumstances where said person is not currently wargaming due to:

A) the football World Cup is on, or
B) the Olympic Games are on, or
C) they are on honeymoon (and the new bride is selfish and won't allow hubby to take his laptop), or
C) Force Majeure is in operation (whatever that means).

quote:

Warspite1 Perhaps you will allow me to quote from a prolific Scottish writer and historian who shall, at this juncture, remain nameless. It is considered somewhat bad form to try and get someone banned from a wargaming forum in circumstances where said person is not currently wargaming due to: A) the football World Cup is on, or B) the Olympic Games are on, or C) they are on honeymoon (and the new bride is selfish and won't allow hubby to take his laptop), or C) Force Majeure is in operation (whatever that means).

HA, that took you 45 minutes.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 302
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/5/2012 9:35:08 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

wall to wall Olympics - no time for anything else - not even wargaming!!

That's the last straw. You are BANNED.

And don't spout Ambrose, I consulted his manual on forum rules and I have the right to ban you for not playing wargames.

FINALLY.
Warspite1

Spout Ambrose? Moi? I wouldn't dream of doing any such thing.
Warspite1

Perhaps you will allow me to quote from a prolific Scottish writer and historian who shall, at this juncture, remain nameless.

It is considered somewhat bad form to try and get someone banned from a wargaming forum in circumstances where said person is not currently wargaming due to:

A) the football World Cup is on, or
B) the Olympic Games are on, or
C) they are on honeymoon (and the new bride is selfish and won't allow hubby to take his laptop), or
C) Force Majeure is in operation (whatever that means).

quote:

Warspite1 Perhaps you will allow me to quote from a prolific Scottish writer and
historian who shall, at this juncture, remain nameless. It is considered somewhat bad form to try and get someone banned from a wargaming forum in circumstances where said person is not currently wargaming due to: A) the football World Cup is on, or B) the Olympic Games are on, or C) they are on honeymoon (and the new bride is selfish and won't allow hubby to take his laptop), or C) Force Majeure is in operation (whatever that means).

HA, that took you 45 minutes.

Warspite1

Er no - i am glued to the Olympics, not responding immediately to your challenges

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 303
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/6/2012 12:11:20 AM   
parusski

quote:

Warspite1 Er no - i am glued to the Olympics, not responding immediately to your challenges

Yeah, right. You are loosing your touch.

Plus, if you are "glued to the Olympics" you have "too much time on your hands". No wonder you aren't doing any gaming.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 304
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/6/2012 6:18:47 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Warspite1 Er no - i am glued to the Olympics, not responding immediately to your challenges

Yeah, right. You are loosing your touch.

warspite1

Ugh?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 305
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/13/2012 8:53:35 PM   
Orm

quote:

Lilyhammer, a Netflix production.

Description: Frank Tagliano ('Steven Van Zandt'-Sopranos' Silvio), is a former New York mobster, who after testifying in a trial in the United States, Tagliano joins the witness protection program. Intrigued by the place after watching the Winter Olympics in 1994, he is relocated to Lillehammer in Norway. The transition from being a feared and respected gangster in New York, to becoming an unemployed immigrant in Norway, is not simple. Frank soon discovers that in order to succeed in this rural Norwegian society, he must resort to his old ways.

Available streaming through Netflix. Lilyhammer is fantastic. A funny, original drama.

Lilyhammer Trailer

This show has just begun on Swedish TV and you are right. Lilyhammer is indeed fantastic. A funny and original drama.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 306
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/13/2012 11:07:57 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

Lilyhammer, a Netflix production.

Description: Frank Tagliano ('Steven Van Zandt'-Sopranos' Silvio), is a former New York mobster, who after testifying in a trial in the United States, Tagliano joins the witness protection program. Intrigued by the place after watching the Winter Olympics in 1994, he is relocated to Lillehammer in Norway. The transition from being a feared and respected gangster in New York, to becoming an unemployed immigrant in Norway, is not simple. Frank soon discovers that in order to succeed in this rural Norwegian society, he must resort to his old ways.

Available streaming through Netflix. Lilyhammer is fantastic. A funny, original drama.

Lilyhammer Trailer

This show has just begun on Swedish TV and you are right. Lilyhammer is indeed fantastic. A funny and original drama.

It is great. But there is more humour to be found if you ever saw Steven Van Zandt on the Soprano's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-P4Qca3wzI&feature=related

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 307
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/16/2012 12:13:08 AM   
parusski

Currently I am enjoying a program I ignored(FOOLISHLY) for years: That Mitchell and Webb Look.

Must say I really love Ted and Peter's brilliant Snooker commentaries.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 308
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/16/2012 2:45:19 AM   
Titanwarrior89

World war 2 HD on you tube.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 309
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/16/2012 9:42:39 AM   
PeterPan

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :P

(in reply to Vincenzo_Beretta)
Post #: 310
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/16/2012 7:28:15 PM   
redcoat

I've been watching the Channel 4 series The Churchills - which looks at how Sir Winston Churchill was inspired by his most illustrious ancestor, John Churchill, Duke of Marlborough.

It's on 4 On Demand on the telly (UK) and the 4oD website. Link.

“‘Who controls the past,’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.’”

George Orwell, 1984

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 311
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/16/2012 7:29:29 PM   
Lieste

Parusski, don't suppose you ever watched Peep Show, also with Mitchell and Webb?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 312
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/16/2012 8:53:36 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lieste

Parusski, don't suppose you ever watched Peep Show, also with Mitchell and Webb?

It is in my list of things to watch on Netflix. How does it compare/rate to Mitchell and Webb Look????

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 313
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/16/2012 9:04:46 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: redcoat

I've been watching the Channel 4 series The Churchills - which looks at how Sir Winston Churchill was inspired by his most illustrious ancestor, John Churchill, Duke of Marlborough.

It's on 4 On Demand on the telly (UK) and the 4oD website. Link.

Warspite1

Looks interesting - I'll give that a go for sure

(in reply to redcoat)
Post #: 314
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/16/2012 9:38:00 PM   
Lieste

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lieste

It is in my list of things to watch on Netflix. How does it compare/rate to Mitchell and Webb Look????

It's a sit-com/POV drama thing. It's mostly excruciatingly embarrassing, especially if you were ever a gauche teenager, or know anyone who was... the main characters are involved in lives best described as a continuous train-wreck... to which you have access to their inner dialogues I found it hilarious.. my ex wife hated it, which I take as a sign of greatness

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 315
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/16/2012 9:48:03 PM   
parusski

quote:

my ex wife hated it, which I take as a sign of greatness

Well, even though I am still crappily married knowing an ex wife hated it is all I need know.

I will start an episode as soon as I finish Numberwang.

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 316
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/18/2012 4:09:53 PM   
Orm

I've been watching these two documentaries and it is indeed bananas.

Bananas!*

Big Boys Gone Bananas!*

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 317
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/18/2012 6:15:20 PM   
parusski

quote:

I've been watching these two documentaries and it is indeed bananas.

Bananas!*

Big Boys Gone Bananas!*

I can only hope you find these "documentaries"(hit pieces) humorous.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 318
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/19/2012 7:04:11 PM   
warspite1

Just watched Shrek for the first time in ages... What an incredibly good film

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 319
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/19/2012 8:26:35 PM   
parusski

quote:

Just watched Shrek for the first time in ages... What an incredibly good film

Yes it is. I have it in my Netflix list of things to view.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 320
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/25/2012 5:16:53 PM   
Orm

The Sinking of the Laconia

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 321
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/25/2012 6:53:44 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Warspite1

I thought this was a pretty good programme

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 322
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/25/2012 7:18:38 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

I thought this was a pretty good programme

I liked it as well. It might have been because it was historically more accurate than the normal Hollywood movie.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 323
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/26/2012 8:19:52 PM   
warspite1

Kramer vs Kramer - has stood the test of time.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 324
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/27/2012 12:55:56 PM   
warspite1

A Touch of Cloth - a spoof detective show on Sky1 - v.v. funny If you get a chance to watch I would recommend. Some of the gags are a bit obvious, but others really hit the spot

Post #: 325
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/27/2012 7:05:03 PM   
Orm

quote:

Kramer vs Kramer - has stood the test of time.

Time for me to watch it then.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 326
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/1/2012 10:22:47 AM   
warspite1

Battlefield Series - The Battle For North Africa

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 327
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/7/2012 9:43:49 PM   
warspite1

Team America - World Police.

Altogether now:

America Ł&@? Yeah!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 328
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/12/2012 7:57:18 PM   
redcoat

I’ve just watched a couple of programmes with a Scandinavian theme.

The first episode of a new Beeb / Neil Oliver series Vikings. Which is on catch-up TV / BBC iPlayer (Link).

and then Lilyhammer – which is currently on BBC 4 in the UK. BBC iPlayer link here.

“‘Who controls the past,’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.’”

George Orwell, 1984

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 329
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI