Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: European Championships

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: European Championships Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: European Championships - 8/18/2012 4:36:11 AM   
warspite1

The English football season starts this weekend - hurrah!!

Then I remembered who I support..... Hurrooo....

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 871
RE: European Championships - 8/18/2012 10:53:33 AM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

I thought you supported the bestest football club in the world.

At least your team play with the big boys. My team play in a league so bad, at least according to Europe cup results, that it is considered one of the worst leagues in Europe.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 872
RE: European Championships - 8/18/2012 11:04:58 AM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm
At least your team play with the big boys. My team play in a league so bad, at least according to Europe cup results, that it is considered one of the worst leagues in Europe.

Bet it's a lot cheaper to get in, though. When I was (much) younger I used to watch non-league football (the then mighty Newquay AFC in the then Jewson South Western). Great laugh, far more fun than the pros and you spent more on the after-match pasty and chips than on admission. The odd long-distance trip in the FA Cup or Vase was even better. It took us a week afterwards to sober up.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 873
RE: European Championships - 8/18/2012 12:10:09 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

quote:

Bet it's a lot cheaper to get in, though. When I was (much) younger I used to watch non-league football (the then mighty Newquay AFC in the then Jewson South Western). Great laugh, far more fun than the pros and you spent more on the after-match pasty and chips than on admission. The odd long-distance trip in the FA Cup or Vase was even better. It took us a week afterwards to sober up.

Close to 30$ per ticket to the long side and that is not the most expensive place there. So I am sure it is cheaper but I am not so sure it is a lot cheaper.

Perhaps I should have said that it is the premier league in Sweden that my team play in but our success in Europe is so abysmal that the ranking is abysmal as well (for both the league and teams).

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 874
RE: European Championships - 8/18/2012 3:46:44 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston
When I was (much) younger I used to watch non-league football (the then mighty Newquay AFC in the then Jewson South Western). Great laugh, far more fun than the pros and you spent more on the after-match pasty and chips than on admission. The odd long-distance trip in the FA Cup or Vase was even better. It took us a week afterwards to sober up.

Sounds fun.

But I do not think I would survive such a wet long-distance trip. I am to old for that stuff.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 875
RE: European Championships - 8/19/2012 11:01:15 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

I thought you supported the bestest football club in the world.

Warspite1

Lovely sunny day yesterday, and spent it at the beach (well mostly in the sea) with the
girls

Two sour notes to end the day on however 1. I didnt put enough sun cream on OUCH, and 2. Got home to find Spurs had lost. I hate football

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 876
RE: European Championships - 8/25/2012 7:37:23 PM   
Orm

Football can be a brutal sport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSc67D9BjoE

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 877
RE: European Championships - 8/27/2012 10:14:49 AM   
warspite1

Orm is this what you get up to? ....and on a school night

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/909613-aik-stockholm-fans-stop-euro-rivals-from-sleeping-with-firework-display

Post #: 878
RE: European Championships - 8/27/2012 6:47:13 PM   
Orm

quote:

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/909613-aik-stockholm-fans-stop-euro-rivals-from-sleeping-with-firework-display

Me? I didn't do a thing. I was sound asleep.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 879
RE: European Championships - 8/30/2012 8:11:41 PM   
Orm

quote:

Apparently this did not help since we lost with 0-1.

But when we focused on the return game instead we managed to win with 2-0 with the last goal made in the last minute. CSKA had over 30 shoots against our goal but somehow we managed to defend the goal. With this heroic win we are in the Group Stage in the Europa League and with some luck we will get the Spurs in the same group.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 880
RE: European Championships - 8/30/2012 8:21:58 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Apparently this did not help since we lost with 0-1.

But when we focused on the return game instead we managed to win with 2-0 with the last goal made in the last minute. CSKA had over 30 shoots against our goal but somehow we managed to defend the goal. With this heroic win we are in the Group Stage in the Europa League and with some luck we will get the Spurs in the same group.
warspite1

Nice one AIK Stockholm!!

Well, we'll find out tomorrow. They do the main draw (for the Europa league) tomorrow, having warmed up the crowd today with the Champions League nonsense.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 881
RE: European Championships - 8/31/2012 6:10:19 PM   
warspite1

Good work Spurs! We've sold Modric and Van Der Vaart and now, with time running out, the deal with Moutinho has hit trouble. Excellent work boys

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 882
RE: European Championships - 8/31/2012 6:31:23 PM   
warspite1

What do you think of your Europa League draw Orm? We have a real toughy Lazio, Panathinaikos and Maribor..... Maribor will hopefully be okay, but the other two? Tough. Especially with no players (see above post).....

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 883
RE: European Championships - 8/31/2012 9:20:31 PM   
warspite1

So we've signed Hugo Lloris when we already have a decent keeper in Brad Friedel. I guess Brad is coming to the end of his premiership career so probably makes sense......BUT

...... what about Moutinho???? About 1 hour and 40 mins to go.......nail biting stuff.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 884
RE: European Championships - 8/31/2012 10:04:44 PM   
warspite1

Well well well...maybe its not Moutinho after all.... Clint Dempsey, who appeared Liverpool bound all summer, is now a Tottenham player!

So that will save us some money

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 885
RE: European Championships - 8/31/2012 10:09:20 PM   
Orm

quote:

Well well well...maybe its not Moutinho after all.... Clint Dempsey, who appeared Liverpool bound all summer, is now a Tottenham player!

So that will save us some money

I suspect that it was a good trade when you consider the money involved. But they left it close to last minute?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 886
RE: European Championships - 8/31/2012 10:12:14 PM   
Orm

quote:

What do you think of your Europa League draw Orm? We have a real toughy Lazio, Panathinaikos and Maribor..... Maribor will hopefully be okay, but the other two? Tough. Especially with no players (see above post).....

It looks like a managable group to me. I think Spurs will advance from this group.

But it might just be that I down value the Greek team. I might do that because the way they used to play...

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 887
RE: European Championships - 8/31/2012 10:13:58 PM   
Orm

quote:

I think our group is tougher. But it might have the weakest team in the tournament in AIK.

PSV Eindhoven (Ned)
SSC Napoli (Ita)
FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (Ukr)
AIK (Swe)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 888
RE: European Championships - 8/31/2012 10:17:14 PM   
warspite1

Well lets hope for an AIK vs Tottenham final.....

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 889
RE: European Championships - 8/31/2012 10:21:12 PM   
Orm

quote:

I am hoping we get more than one point in the group stage. Advancing from the group would surprise me.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 890
RE: European Championships - 8/31/2012 10:23:14 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

I am hoping we get more than one point in the group stage. Advancing from the group would surprise me.
warspite1

Think positive my friend - you never know

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 891
RE: European Championships - 8/31/2012 10:30:32 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

I am a grumpy old man. We do not think positive.

I am actually trying to be realistic. That we knocked out CSKA Moscow (rated 18th best team in Europe) was truly amazing. I do not count on yet another miracle this year.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 892
RE: European Championships - 9/1/2012 7:30:05 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

I am a grumpy old man. We do not think positive.

I am actually trying to be realistic. That we knocked out CSKA Moscow (rated 18th best team in Europe) was truly amazing. I do not count on yet another miracle this year.
warspite1

Yes I know what you mean. I have more chance of being crowned Miss World than Spurs have of even reaching the final.

Huge game today for Spurs - at home to Norwich, who took us apart earlier this year. Anything less than 3 points and AVB will find himself on all the back pages tomorrow.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 893
RE: European Championships - 9/7/2012 9:17:45 PM   
warspite1

World Cup qualifiers tonight - same old story for Northern Ireland and Wales (so far) I'm afraid, but at least England are winning

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 894
RE: European Championships - 9/16/2012 4:37:22 PM   
Orm

Important match today for Tottenham. A 1-0 lead for Tottenham at the moment but that feels to close for comfort.

The premier League looks interesting this year.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 895
RE: European Championships - 9/16/2012 5:59:19 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Important match today for Tottenham. A 1-0 lead for Tottenham at the moment but that feels to close for comfort.

Warspite1

Not happy all the while it was 1-0.... disappointing not to keep the clean sheet but great to finally get a win under our belts

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 896
RE: European Championships - 9/16/2012 7:45:06 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Not happy all the while it was 1-0.... disappointing not to keep the clean sheet but great to finally get a win under our belts

Good that you won since you now can focus energy on improving the team performance. I suspect that if you lost points in this match then the focus would have been on replacing the coach and such things.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 897
RE: European Championships - 9/16/2012 7:49:14 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Good that you won since you now can focus energy on improving the team performance. I suspect that if you lost points in this match then the focus would have been on replacing the coach and such things.
warspite1

That was always going to be the problem with replacing 'arry with AVB - the knives will be out again before too long no doubt...

Maybe the travails of Liverpool will take a bit of heat off AVB - no wins in four premiership matches is not what the Anfield faithful expect...

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 898
RE: European Championships - 9/16/2012 9:01:39 PM   
warspite1

Europa League this week - who have AIK got first up Ormster?

We have Lazio - riding high in 3rd place in Serie A with a 100% record after 2 games - gonna be tough.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 899
Page:   <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: European Championships Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI