Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The Great Wishlist Thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> RE: The Great Wishlist Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Great Wishlist Thread - 5/4/2012 12:44:26 AM   
Hairog

Unfortunately I have one that stops the game cold for me playing the Axis. Automatic Vichy is a killer for me. Hitler could easily have rejected this if he wanted. It should be an option in all games especially PBEM games.

Another killer for me is the inability of Germany to declare war on anyone they want at any time. Why do they have this rule? If Hitler wanted to declare war on Switzerland or Spain he would have. Yes there should be some realistic penalties but it should be and available option.

WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be

(in reply to Meteor2)
Post #: 121
RE: The Great Wishlist Thread - 5/4/2012 2:07:12 AM   
rodney727

How about when you get Ss divisions you get panzer or panzer grenadier divisions. Instead of infantry divisions. Example the hitlerjugend was a panzer division not an infantry one.

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to bairdlander2)
Post #: 122
RE: The Great Wishlist Thread - 5/14/2012 6:46:41 AM   
Meteor2

Waiting for patch 1.02, I found a few thing, that are annoying me a litte bit (again):
- The Britisch bombed Rostock and Leipzig in 7/1940 with success (feels not right), despite fighters in the area.
- As Germany I have no information about the Finnish-Russian war in 1940. There should be some info about the counters in other regions.
(as in reality).
- After a battle the info box occurs, but why is there no "jump" to the affected location ? So its somethimes hard to guess what is happening where.

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 123
RE: The Great Wishlist Thread - 10/15/2012 8:54:09 PM   
Ariennye

Hello,

I would like to have two features:

(1) The possibility (as human player) to offer conquered (!) hexes to other (allied?) countries.
So as Germany I can distribute the countries as I wish. Youguslavia dividing up between Italy, Romaniy, Hungaria and Bulgaria would benice. The same about conquered France. I would like to offer Marsailles to Italy.

(2) If this (pt. No. 1) is not possible, I would like the possibility to modify the map of a saved game.
Until now (I think) it is only possible to alter maps of the scenarios but not these of the saved games. Why this is I don't know, but it would be a great improvement, if I could edit the maps of saved games. So I could distribute the owners of my conquered lands as I wish :D

Oh... this for TOF as well as SWIE!

Best wishes,

Isabelle

_____
Ariennye

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 124
RE: The Great Wishlist Thread - 10/22/2012 10:34:05 PM   
doomtrader

1 is not possible, but you can edit the map in save games. I don't remember can you run the map directly from the save game, but if you could prepare a copy of your campaign and paste there a map file, then you can edit it for sure.

(in reply to Ariennye)
Post #: 125
RE: The Great Wishlist Thread - 10/23/2012 7:51:45 AM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

1 is not possible, but you can edit the map in save games. I don't remember can you run the map directly from the save game, but if you could prepare a copy of your campaign and paste there a map file, then you can edit it for sure.

That's a good idea to edit running games, although I am finding the editor difficult to use as after some changes the game fails to load and it not clear what the problem is.

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 126
RE: The Great Wishlist Thread - 10/23/2012 7:37:43 PM   
Ariennye

Hello Doomtrader,
quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

unfortunally it doesn't work.

I tried with SWiE and ToF. Both Editors work normally with nue scenarios. But never with saved games :(

I tried editing a saved game. One just started new scenario and then saved. So nothing had happened in the game.
There came the errormessage:

File not found:
consts.ini
sea_edges.csv

So I added these 2 files from the sceanrio upon this savegame based.
But it didn't work. Instead there were several following system errors so I had to kill the program via task manager.

Edit !!!

I just used the Scenario (i.e. the 1939 grand campaign) and copied (all files) into an other folder. Then I copied only the map.wim from the savegame-folder into the new one. Then I am able to edit the owner and the like.
That is just a great leap into the right direction.

I will try a little with this. So distributing conquered countries between my allies :) Let's hope, it works.

Greetings,

Isabelle

_____
Ariennye

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 127
RE: The Great Wishlist Thread - 10/24/2012 7:45:50 AM   
Rasputitsa

Just so that I understand this correctly, you can paste the data from a saved game into a new scenario, so that you can access the new scenario from the list the editor is able to access. I have been working on adapting stock scenarios and I think you have to change the scenario name in each adapted scenario 'info' file, otherwise you end up with several scenarios in the list, with the same name.

You can then access your edited saved game from the 'new game' list, under it's new scenario title.

I am finding the editor difficult to use, with failures to load for no apparent reason, it can be frustrating to be making progress, then items that were working OK, suddenly fail to load when you try to start the game to test the scenario.

< Message edited by Rasputitsa -- 10/24/2012 8:48:50 AM >

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

(in reply to Ariennye)
Post #: 128
RE: The Great Wishlist Thread - 10/25/2012 7:27:01 AM   
Ariennye

Hi Rasputitsa,

Now I am not sure if I understood you correctly. Did you adressed me?

Well, all I was able to do was copying the map.wim from the saved game folder to the scenario folder.
Then I was able to edit the map. After editing (distributing a little land) I copied the map.wim back to the saved game folder. When I then loaded the saved game, it had the new distributed land.

Please note, that this only was the map.wim. So I wasn't able to edit any units or any cities. If I want to do that, I have to do it editing the csv-files manually. That works, but it is no pleasure.

If I am understanding you correctly, you managed to edit a saved game and are able to add it as a new scenario. And you did so by copying all data (and not only the map.wim) to the new scenario folder. Is this correct?

Greetings,
Isabelle

_____
Ariennye

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 129
RE: The Great Wishlist Thread - 10/25/2012 10:02:20 AM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ariennye
Hi Rasputitsa,

Now I am not sure if I understood you correctly. Did you adressed me?

Well, all I was able to do was copying the map.wim from the saved game folder to the scenario folder.
Then I was able to edit the map. After editing (distributing a little land) I copied the map.wim back to the saved game folder. When I then loaded the saved game, it had the new distributed land.

Please note, that this only was the map.wim. So I wasn't able to edit any units or any cities. If I want to do that, I have to do it editing the csv-files manually. That works, but it is no pleasure.

If I am understanding you correctly, you managed to edit a saved game and are able to add it as a new scenario. And you did so by copying all data (and not only the map.wim) to the new scenario folder. Is this correct?

Greetings,
Isabelle

My comments were open to either yourself, or Doomtrader, just looking for clarification. I haven't tried any of this yet, as the best I been able to do, is use the editor to change some of the stock scenarios, where there are obvious errors, e.g. the Channel Islands under British control in 1944 Gotterdammerung.

The comments on pasting the map were interesting and I am glad to see that you have been able to make it work, it just made me think whether it would be possible to paste all the data from a saved game into a new scenario that could then be accessed by the editor, but I haven't tried it yet.

Home priorities are taking my time, but happy to see that you are making progress.

(in reply to Ariennye)
Post #: 130
I Wish For - 10/25/2012 4:38:03 PM   
Omnius

The most desired feature I'd like to see is to have conquered countries not become home territory of the conquering nation but remain separate conquered countries who offer less production than true home country PP cities. That would set up allowing for proper liberation of conquered countries like France. It sure looks stupid when the Allies invade France and do not liberate it back to a newly reconstituted France. I also hope that when the Allies attack Vichy France by invading North Africa that after a turn those North African countries become a new France allied with the Allies instead of stupidly becoming part of Germany proper. The part of Vichy France that is France should revert to German control as a conquered but separate country that could be liberated with the rest of France. In other words like real history instead of this New Fake History that some games like this purport. I'd also like to see conquered countries become separate conquered countries instead of home country as nothing is more stupid than seeing all of Germany proper conquered yet Germany still fights on because Norway isn't conquered, or the same for the USSR when all of the USSR VP cities are conquered but the USSR fights on as it conquered Finland.

I'd also like to see a more random surrender of countries after their capital is captured. France should trigger the Vichy France event quicker after Paris is captured, not have to wait until darn near all VP cities are captured. The USSR should have a random chance of surrendering after Mscow, Leningrad and Stalingrad surrender, not much at first but growing as the number of other VP cities get captured. Not realistic to expect that countries fought to the last man, even Germany didn't as it surrendered after Hitler did the suicide routine.

On the ships sunk listing it sure would be nice if the type of ship were noted, not easy remembering what type of ship every ship is. The fleet name is superfluous but the ship type would be valuable info.

I wish I could manually route convoys so I could determine the convoy route rather than being held hostage to the AI. In the 1.03 beta version in the 1941 Barbarossa scenario I saw that the British and British Colony convoys all routed through the Mediterranean instead of the Atlantic around the Cape of Good Hope. The British AI only did convoys for two turns before stopping them altogether due to high transport losses. Even after the British Colony AI switched convoy destinations the convoy routing was still through the deadly Med instead of around the Horn through the Atlantic. I sure wish I could manually route the convoys rather than have the program decide how they route because in 1.03 it looks like the routing is different and worse, looks like it's trying to find the shortest route instead of the smartest safest route. Plus it would be fun being able to out think the sub hunters switching up convoy routes occassionally.
Omnius

< Message edited by Omnius -- 10/25/2012 4:57:58 PM >

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 131
RE: I Wish For - 1/13/2013 5:38:39 AM   
planetbrain

Make TOF compatible with WIN 8 64bit, please!

'Mostly harmless'

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 132
RE: I Wish For - 1/13/2013 10:39:21 AM   
doomtrader

Will do

(in reply to planetbrain)
Post #: 133
PBEM - 1/14/2013 4:22:07 PM   
JLPOWELL

PBEM
PBEM events choices for players. I do realize this requires some programming effort, but the combination of very strange events with random selections comes pretty close to completely breaking PBEM. This is worthwhile even if it requires a separate events turn between each turn. Obviously an option to keep the events random could be included to keep existing functionality. Moving each nations events to the player turn should work in most cases. Where dependencies exist delaying the effect until both players selections have been made (even if this is a couple of turns) should not adversely affect play. Events where player has no choices would be unaffected.

A setting which assigned human control to a country when it becomes part of an alliance (to the player controlling the alliance would REALLY help PBEM as things like the AI taking a small unit and making an idiot move, usually a position rendering an attack impossible or creating a vulnerability. From a programming standpoint this would be very easy. This would be welcome in regular play as well even though you can already do this when resuming a saved game.

"Don’t you think that if I were wrong, I’d know it?"

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 134
Convoy routing - 1/14/2013 4:29:09 PM   
JLPOWELL

The best solution is manual control of convoy routing, likely a significant effort.

Most of the really bad aspects of the existing system could be fairly easily fixed with the following logic:

Bay of Biscay -
Unless one port (source or target)is in the Bay of Biscay no routeing thru here (UK convoys get cut up here a LOT when Germany has occupied France really silly)

Med convoys. If the UK player or US player sets Port Said as one end of route, route the convoy around Africa

< Message edited by JLPOWELL -- 1/14/2013 4:32:41 PM >

"Don’t you think that if I were wrong, I’d know it?"

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 135
RE: Convoy routing - 1/14/2013 5:03:16 PM   
borsook79

While I'm mostly satisfied with the state of the game in general, I'd still like to see some AI improvements, in particular the way RN protects (or rather doesn't protect) the British Isles from invasion...

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

(in reply to JLPOWELL)
Post #: 136
RE: Convoy routing - 1/23/2013 6:55:26 PM   
rmonical

The ability to combine divisions into a corps and to break a corps into divisions. Even better, the engine keeps track of which divisions are in a corps (requires a new column in land_units.csv and a lot of logic). I understand this is a tough request with the current land/air unit stacking restriction. If that could be relaxed to allow up to three divisions or a single corps in a hex, then this feature would be much easier to implement. I do understand that the stacking limit may be an nonnegotiable feature of the engine.

Ditto on the request of the feature to clear all/check all types on the unit management window.

(in reply to borsook79)
Post #: 137
RE: Convoy routing - 1/28/2013 3:14:34 AM   
rmonical

If I zoom in or out, center the map on the selected hex or sea zone. This feature is in GG WITE and is very useful.

(in reply to rmonical)
Post #: 138
RE: Convoy routing - 1/28/2013 9:13:32 AM   
doomtrader

quote:

ORIGINAL: rmonical

If I zoom in or out, center the map on the selected hex or sea zone. This feature is in GG WITE and is very useful.

Currently you are zooming in to the point where the mouse cursor is located.

(in reply to rmonical)
Post #: 139
RE: Convoy routing - 1/28/2013 4:49:27 PM   
rmonical

I misstated. I would like the map to recenter on the highlighted hex when I zoom in with the scroll wheel or the plus on the jump map. And vice-versa for zoom out. Right now, the highlighted hex can disappear from the map when zooming in - and this is on 104!

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 140
RE: Convoy routing - 1/28/2013 11:30:55 PM   
doomtrader

Yep, I do understood, I just explained how does the zoom works.

(in reply to rmonical)
Post #: 141
RE: Convoy routing - 1/29/2013 10:48:27 AM   
Grimnirsson

quote:

PBEM events choices for players. I do realize this requires some programming effort, but the combination of very strange events with random selections comes pretty close to completely breaking PBEM. This is worthwhile even if it requires a separate events turn between each turn. Obviously an option to keep the events random could be included to keep existing functionality. Moving each nations events to the player turn should work in most cases. Where dependencies exist delaying the effect until both players selections have been made (even if this is a couple of turns) should not adversely affect play. Events where player has no choices would be unaffected.

A setting which assigned human control to a country when it becomes part of an alliance (to the player controlling the alliance would REALLY help PBEM as things like the AI taking a small unit and making an idiot move, usually a position rendering an attack impossible or creating a vulnerability. From a programming standpoint this would be very easy. This would be welcome in regular play as well even though you can already do this when resuming a saved game.

+1

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 142
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> RE: The Great Wishlist Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI