Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Defending Mother Russia

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Defending Mother Russia Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/29/2012 6:30:30 AM   
Harrybanana

T10 North

I forgot to take screenshots after my moves; but as you can see from this screen shot from before my moves Saper hurt me bad in the North on T10. If you make a mistake with Saper he makes you pay. I made a mistake on T3 which led to a major encirclement in the South on T4 and I made another on T9 which led to this on T10. So much for the North being the one bright spot for me. Note the two motorized units circled in yellow which later reconnaissance revealed had yellow fuel supply. On my turn I made a major retreat in the North. It was my only choice

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Harrybanana)
Post #: 61
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/29/2012 6:32:35 AM   
Harrybanana

T10 Moscow

I made a small retreat here.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 62
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/29/2012 6:33:44 AM   
Harrybanana

T10 From Tula to Kursk

Attachment (1)

Post #: 63
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/29/2012 6:34:52 AM   
Harrybanana

T10 The South.

As you can see Saper was able to breakthrough to Stalino, no big surprise. I was able to retreat the offending SS motorized on my turn so I could evacuate some factories from Stalino. But I then had to retreat East or risk encirclement

Attachment (1)

Post #: 64
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/29/2012 6:37:50 AM   
Harrybanana

T11 North before my moves.

I have now brought you all up to date as I have not yet taken my T11 Moves.

So any suggestions on what I should do here in the North? As you can see Saper is close to cutting my rail lines into Leningrad. The motorized circled in yellow has good 56% to 70% fuel. While I can’t see the supply level of the motorized circled in red I do know that 80 transport aircraft flew supply to it this turn. So I can safely assume it has at least yellow fuel supply and probably more. If I stay where I am I’m sure he will be able to work his way around me somewhere to cut the rail line. If I move forward to contact his units and take away some of his mobility I will probably be encircled. I’m pretty sure he has more infantry in the area that I can’t see. Leningrad still has almost all of it’s industry except the KV1 factories. Meanwhile these units defending Leningrad are desperately needed elsewhere (ie Moscow).

Attachment (1)

Post #: 65
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/29/2012 6:40:04 AM   
Harrybanana

T11 Moscow

The situation around Moscow is getting desperate. I really need to move units here ASAP, but from where.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 66
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/29/2012 6:41:21 AM   
Harrybanana

T11 Centre

He will be at Voronezh next turn.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 67
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/29/2012 6:42:34 AM   
Harrybanana

T11 South

Lots of air supply was flown in to saper's units here last turn. What to do? What to do?

Attachment (1)

Post #: 68
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/29/2012 6:44:27 AM   
Harrybanana

For Hooper here is a screenshot of the Crimea. As you can see it is not a vital theatre for either of us.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 69
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/29/2012 6:45:42 AM   
Harrybanana

Losses, OOB and production.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 70
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/29/2012 7:18:31 AM   
Harrybanana

In terms of factory evacuations I have evacuated the following so far:

1. 3 T34s from Kharkov
2. 2 KV1s from Leningrad
3. 1 Yak6 from Leningrad
4. 5 T50's from Leningrad
5. 2 IL2's and 1 IL10 from Voronezh
6. 25 Vehicle factories (Kharkov and Stalino)
7. 104 Arms factories
8 0 HI

Meanwhile I have lost so far (I think) 26 arms factories and 56 HI. But these numbers will rise dramatically in the next few turns as I have several factories in cities that will likely fall in the next few turns including:

Leningrad: 7 Arm, 8 HI and 6 Veh
Town NE of Leningrad: 8 Arm
Kalinn: 3 Arm and 3 HI
Tula: 17 Arm and 2 HI
Lipetsk: 3 Arm and 3 HI
Kaluga: 2 HI
Voronezh: 3 Arm and 3 HI
Taganrog 2 Arm and 2 HI
Rostov: 15 Arm and 4 HI
Kolomna: 2 Arm and 2 HI
Voroshilovgrad: 3 Arm and 4 HI

Not to mention all the factories in and around Moscow.

Should I be worried about these losses? My priorities have been Vehicle factories, then Arm then HI. Should I change this and start moving some HI?

< Message edited by Harrybanana -- 11/29/2012 7:33:29 AM >

Post #: 71
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/29/2012 10:55:33 AM   
hooooper_slith

Well, looking on the bright side, your manpower level is pretty good. However, you have to give up Leningrad, Moscow or Rostov. The pragmatic choice for you is to give up Leningrad and the north right now, while you still have a rail connection, and move the units to Moscow. You'll have to keep withdrawing in the south and hope the logistical chokechain slows down the Germans. Regarding airdropped fuel, I seem to remember somebody (Tullius?) suggesting shadowing them with Stavka airbases which are allegedly more likely to intercept the transporting aircraft. I take it you have intercept set to 300 on the air doctrine screen? Finally, I would start moving your Moscow factories to a place of safety, aircraft (but not the MIGs) first, then vehicle, then armaments.

Post #: 72
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/29/2012 2:19:31 PM   
Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harrybanana
Should I be worried about these losses? My priorities have been Vehicle factories, then Arm then HI. Should I change this and start moving some HI?

No, not as such. Problem is ofc how much more u will lose. Apart from that ppl tend to put arms before veh, u havent had the wrong prioverties. U if i should guess wont have any supply/HI problems with the army i would forsee u will be able to field. So keep "forgetting" about HIs. Get the arms out.

Thats said and i said earlier, i think overall there are things that could be improved in ur evac plan/RR cap usage as a whole. I earlier mentioned i think on page 1 mentioned some stuff and gave a link to my evac guide. When looking and comparing to my games u certainly behind on the curve in what u/IMO should be able to do evac wise at this point. Some thing to possibly look at before a new game. So i do think there is room for improvement evac/RR cap handling overall, but the result as of now its in no way fatal. How much more u will loss can ofc have an affect this view. Im not super optimistic, about what will happend but time will tell.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 11/29/2012 2:24:55 PM >

Post #: 73
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/29/2012 2:27:54 PM   
gingerbread

Save the large ARM (8+7 L, 17 T, 15 R & 9 Moscow), 1 pt of every AC factory (- MIG but do remember the two factories just to the west of N Moscow ) and possibly the Moscow, Rostov & Voroshilovgrad HI. 1 pt of the T-40(?) in Moscow as well. Start with the 8+7 ARM in L.

Write off the small ARM & HI and also the remaining vehicle - the multiplier goes down to 55 for vehicles in '42.

The Soviet offensive power in '43 and later comes to the better part from Infantry and Artillery and for these you will need ARM (& men).

The Soviets start with 370 ARM, so you have lost 22. Another 20 (as in the small ones in your list) is no problem , but really try to keep below 50 total lost. Running out of supply due to few HI is a myth, I've seen it once and the case that time was a fortification program gone overboard.

(in reply to hooooper_slith)
Post #: 74
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/29/2012 4:19:03 PM   
morvael

Good to know that I have (barely) not crossed that treshold in my game. Made some mistakes at the start (didn't know enemy units next to city block evacuation) and some big ARM factories were captured. But later did my best to evacuate what was left. Too much effort on Leningrad & Moscow. If I knew they would not fall... :)

(in reply to gingerbread)
Post #: 75
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/29/2012 4:29:42 PM   
Harrybanana

quote:

ORIGINAL: Walloc

Thats said and i said earlier, i think overall there are things that could be improved in ur evac plan/RR cap usage as a whole. I earlier mentioned i think on page 1 mentioned some stuff and gave a link to my evac guide. When looking and comparing to my games u certainly behind on the curve in what u/IMO should be able to do evac wise at this point. Some thing to possibly look at before a new game. So i do think there is room for improvement evac/RR cap handling overall, but the result as of now its in no way fatal. How much more u will loss can ofc have an affect this view. Im not super optimistic, about what will happend but time will tell.

Rasmus, I just read your guide. Should have read it earlier as it would have saved me a little bit of rail cap, but overall not much. But unless I missed something you haven't yet written section 2 on evacing the Arm, Hi and Veh. In this game I didn't evac anything on T1 (which of course is impossible) or T2 (as the limited rail on T2 was needed to move units). On T3 I prioritized factory evac over railing units, which in part is what led to the encirclement of my units in the South. From T3 to T10 I evaced 129 Arm and Veh combined which works out to an average over the 8 turns of 96,000 rail capacity per turn (not including the equipment factories). Of course, I was spending a lot more on the earlier turns than the last few turns.

The problem is that Saper is so damn good and quick that if I had used more rail cap on evac rather than railing units to the trouble spots he would be even further East than he is and more of my units would have been encircled and destroyed. This turn I have a very tough choice about how much, if any, of my rail capacity to use to move my units out of the Leningrad area and how much to move my threatened factories. I agree it is good to have an evac plan but even the best plans don't survive contact with the enemy (who said that?). If you read Saper's comments on M60As AAR you will see that he believes that M60A used too much of his rail capacity on moving factories and not enough on moving units. It is important to have the right balance. Not saying I have the right balance mind you.

< Message edited by Harrybanana -- 11/29/2012 4:32:16 PM >

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 76
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/29/2012 5:33:29 PM   
Walloc

quote:

Rasmus, I just read your guide. Should have read it earlier as it would have saved me a little bit of rail cap, but overall not much. But unless I missed something you haven't yet written section 2 on evacing the Arm, Hi and Veh. In this game I didn't evac anything on T1 (which of course is impossible) or T2 (as the limited rail on T2 was needed to move units). On T3 I prioritized factory evac over railing units, which in part is what led to the encirclement of my units in the South. From T3 to T10 I evaced 129 Arm and Veh combined which works out to an average over the 8 turns of 96,000 rail capacity per turn (not including the equipment factories). Of course, I was spending a lot more on the earlier turns than the last few turns.

The problem is that Saper is so damn good and quick that if I had used more rail cap on evac rather than railing units to the trouble spots he would be even further East than he is and more of my units would have been encircled and destroyed. This turn I have a very tough choice about how much, if any, of my rail capacity to use to move my units out of the Leningrad area and how much to move my threatened factories. I agree it is good to have an evac plan but even the best plans don't survive contact with the enemy (who said that?). If you read Saper's comments on M60As AAR you will see that he believes that M60A used too much of his rail capacity on moving factories and not enough on moving units. It is important to have the right balance. Not saying I have the right balance mind you.

Its nice and easy to sit here say what have and shouldnt have been done. No i havent walked in ur shoes. First off no i never got around to wirtting chapter 2. it would be far less extensive than chapter 1 tho and most ppl seems to get the gist of whats importand about those so i deemed it less necesarry. Mostly to do with cut offs, why in some cases railing 4 is 60% better than railing out 3 and stuff like that.
Still say on average 96k isnt alot. The turns around turn 3-6 u should have even with sapers rapid advance have 140kish. It starts to drop off at some point. Prolly earlier in ur case than most. 40-50k is IMO alot of railing units around with in consecutive turns. Ofc if its needed its needed and not saying never should.
Turn 1-2 is IMO the turn used on whole sale unit shipping, turn 1 is a no brainer as u cant evac facts and well u limited in turn 2 too in ur RR cap, any how. That not to say u cant or shouldnt move stuff at later dates, just to point there is a "golden" oppertunity on those turns too think ahead and rail what needs to be railed.

I run a tight ship when it comes to using RR cap. For example, u recieve a number of 1-1,5 CV tank/mot divs in the Ural each costing up too 3k each to rail and u need 2 turns to get em forward. I would never rail such forward. Losing 6K RR cap or an arm for each 1 CV div simply isnt worth it IMO. Other tips includes. SHC receive alot of shells, If u spend its first turn railing it forward and making sure its off the before rails next turn it only costs around 100 RR cap to move it. Then it just has to haul ass the rest of the way which usually isnt terribly long. Where as if u put it on refit and leave it in RR mode the next turn it then costs around 800ish depending on how much replacements has reached the unit. Now i dunno how u run the during turn, its one of those things u rarely get a glimsh of in AARs so i dont know if u alrdy stuff like that.

As it is atm i can only agree with Gingerbread. Even Moscow doesnt look particular safe. I would 1 evac all those importand factories(as per guide) alrdy now. Better to get 1 out that will eventually regenerate that losing them all together.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 11/29/2012 5:38:11 PM >

Post #: 77
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/30/2012 1:11:31 AM   
Harrybanana

quote:

ORIGINAL: Walloc

Its nice and easy to sit here say what have and shouldnt have been done. No i havent walked in ur shoes. First off no i never got around to wirtting chapter 2. it would be far less extensive than chapter 1 tho and most ppl seems to get the gist of whats importand about those so i deemed it less necesarry. Mostly to do with cut offs, why in some cases railing 4 is 60% better than railing out 3 and stuff like that.
Still say on average 96k isnt alot. The turns around turn 3-6 u should have even with sapers rapid advance have 140kish. It starts to drop off at some point. Prolly earlier in ur case than most. 40-50k is IMO alot of railing units around with in consecutive turns. Ofc if its needed its needed and not saying never should.
Turn 1-2 is IMO the turn used on whole sale unit shipping, turn 1 is a no brainer as u cant evac facts and well u limited in turn 2 too in ur RR cap, any how. That not to say u cant or shouldnt move stuff at later dates, just to point there is a "golden" oppertunity on those turns too think ahead and rail what needs to be railed.

I run a tight ship when it comes to using RR cap. For example, u recieve a number of 1-1,5 CV tank/mot divs in the Ural each costing up too 3k each to rail and u need 2 turns to get em forward. I would never rail such forward. Losing 6K RR cap or an arm for each 1 CV div simply isnt worth it IMO. Other tips includes. SHC receive alot of shells, If u spend its first turn railing it forward and making sure its off the before rails next turn it only costs around 100 RR cap to move it. Then it just has to haul ass the rest of the way which usually isnt terribly long. Where as if u put it on refit and leave it in RR mode the next turn it then costs around 800ish depending on how much replacements has reached the unit. Now i dunno how u run the during turn, its one of those things u rarely get a glimsh of in AARs so i dont know if u alrdy stuff like that.

As it is atm i can only agree with Gingerbread. Even Moscow doesnt look particular safe. I would 1 evac all those importand factories(as per guide) alrdy now. Better to get 1 out that will eventually regenerate that losing them all together.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

I for one would very much welcome your writing the 2nd section, especially if it would include more of the tips you have given above and explain why moving 4 factories is 60% more efficient than moving 3.

With perhaps a couple exceptions (and another forthcoming) I don't think I ever used 40K to 50K of rail capacity moving units. On T3, for example, I moved 20 Arm and Veh factories leaving me with less than 30K for moving troops. I moved another 17 or 18 (along with some equipment factories) on each of turns 4 and 5. I agree with you that turns 1 and 2 are the turns to get your units where you want them and I generally did this. But at times Saper's advance was so rapid that I did use more rail than I wanted to get units into position. Examples were the turns (T7 and T8) he moved SE and than East with the AGC panzers and NE and than East with some of the AGS panzers. At the time I had little or nothing between Bryansk/Orel and Kharkov, so I had to rail in a number of units. In hindsight perhaps I should have just let him rampage his way East as there is little worthwhile in that area. But keep in mind that he would have been advancing east at the rate of 15+ hexes per turn and could have turned North or South (or both) at any time to encircle units. Of course, my rail capcity has steadily declined as Saper has captured rail yards. It currently sits at about 120K or less I think. Still I definitely should have been more frugal with my rail usage for my units.

I appreciate your tips on how to save rail capacity. With resepect to the Tank/Motorized division reinforcements, are you saying you just let them sit out the war on the eastern board edge until they are converted to Bdes/Rifle divisions? With respect to the shells are you saying that on the first turn you only rail them 85 hexes and then detrain? If so that will still often leave them with a mighty long hike to Moscow. Myself I do not detrain them until the 2nd turn usually in the vicinity of Moscow. I will then attach them to the Moscow MD and let them dig around Moscow while they build up manpower, experience and morale. In previous games I have been able to hold back committing them until they reach a CV of 3. But in this game against Saper I have had to commit them much sooner. I will have to reconsider what I have been doing based on your advice. But in the meantime I would be interested to know what others do with the shells.

As for Moscow, yeah it is definitely not secure. Which raises the question, should I use my limited rail capacity to rail units to it's defence or to move out it's industry?

< Message edited by Harrybanana -- 11/30/2012 1:14:42 AM >

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 78
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/30/2012 5:31:52 AM   
Walloc

quote:

I appreciate your tips on how to save rail capacity. With resepect to the Tank/Motorized division reinforcements, are you saying you just let them sit out the war on the eastern board edge until they are converted to Bdes/Rifle divisions?

No i just move them by "foot" yeah it takes 5-6-7-8 turn and costs in truck which im usually adverse too, but in this case IMO best pratice. At 50% ToE, but with refit o for the moral bonus while not sucking up any arms/tank/men/veh i need else where. Since some of the are some 30 moral ones the turns spend moving forward with refit bonus willl make them nice in moral by time they arrrive and much more usefull any how.

quote:

With respect to the shells are you saying that on the first turn you only rail them 85 hexes and then detrain? If so that will still often leave them with a mighty long hike to Moscow.

It isnt terribly many of the shells that arive at the map edge tho some do. At leased make sure u dont turn on refit on those which i usually would have do to get the moral bonus if u move those 2 turns. 70-80% of the shells arrive with in approx 1 turn rail of for example Moscow or on the southern front. I would always make max 1 rail move with those even if it means it has to use 1-2 turn to move by foot the remaining distance.
Another examples is cav divs(perhapse some of the inf dvis too) in the nothern caucasus. As they have usually 15-17 MP mving them by foot they will arrive by Dneipr or Don Bass area before any germans will. Again i thing less its a shell i woudnt waste RR cap on.

A few more tips would include i could be wrong but look at the AAR u gave up Kiev and Odessa with out a fight. With urban and forts in both 99% of players will use a turn to surround it and it even looks like in the case of Kiev he might have had to use 2 turn. I would have left at leased a division and prolly more in Odesse as they can route to the Crimea, when beaten. Those 2 cities alone represent 5 or 6k RR cap IIRC. Saving them for 2+ turns with the loss of perphase a bad inf div in Kiev might be worth the RR cap.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 11/30/2012 5:49:29 AM >

Post #: 79
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/30/2012 5:56:29 AM   
Baelfiin

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerbread

The Soviets start with 370 ARM, so you have lost 22. Another 20 (as in the small ones in your list) is no problem , but really try to keep below 50 total lost. Running out of supply due to few HI is a myth, I've seen it once and the case that time was a fortification program gone overboard.

That was a lot of forts to be sure 8)

"We are going to attack all night, and attack tomorrow morning..... If we are not victorious, let no one come back alive!" -- Patton
WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha
The Logistics Phase is like Black Magic and Voodoo all rolled into one.

Post #: 80
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/30/2012 7:36:47 AM   
Harrybanana

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerbread

Save the large ARM (8+7 L, 17 T, 15 R & 9 Moscow), 1 pt of every AC factory (- MIG but do remember the two factories just to the west of N Moscow ) and possibly the Moscow, Rostov & Voroshilovgrad HI. 1 pt of the T-40(?) in Moscow as well. Start with the 8+7 ARM in L.

Write off the small ARM & HI and also the remaining vehicle - the multiplier goes down to 55 for vehicles in '42.

The Soviet offensive power in '43 and later comes to the better part from Infantry and Artillery and for these you will need ARM (& men).

Actually I've lost 26 so far, not 22. Tula is already locked so it can't be saved. With respect to Leningrad I have the choice this turn of either saving the armies around Leningrad from being cutoff and destroyed (by railing them out) or else moving the factories. I have chosen the former. With the loss of the 17 Arms in Tula + Leningrad + the others nearby I will not be able to keep my Arms losses below 50 fatcories I'm afraid. I thought I read elsewhere that Vehicle factories were more important than Arms. If they are not I could have moved an extra 20 Arms factories instead of the 20 vehicle factories in Kharkov. With this and Walloc's tips I'll be better prepared next game.

< Message edited by Harrybanana -- 11/30/2012 7:38:27 AM >

Post #: 81
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/30/2012 8:40:42 AM   
randallw

I believe if you relocate one vehicle factory from a city the group will slowly regenerate at the new location. Arms factories do not regenerate to the previous size; whatever amount relocated will produce that much when repaired, and no more. ( maybe? )

Post #: 82
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 11/30/2012 8:43:37 AM   
morvael

Vehicles are the same as ARM and HI. Not destroyed on partial evac, but they don't rebuild.

(in reply to randallw)
Post #: 83
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 12/1/2012 9:21:40 PM   
gingerbread

Vehicles are important - it's just that the factories does not produce that many of them.
Better to use vehicle saving routines instead.

If you make a back-of-the-envelope kind of evac plan, you will soon notice that there is room for 1 large or 2 medium size factories per turn. There are 5 large (15+) and 6 medium ARM (the second chunk of the Stalino being a medium size 9). These have to be fitted somehow into the available rail cap and it's very tempting to be optimistic about forecasting where the front line will be in a future turn. Writing off (most of) the factories west of Dnepr is a good way to get those east if it out.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 84
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 12/1/2012 9:50:57 PM   
Peltonx

Sappers game from turns 1-7 is basicly "normal" or average.

But after that hes doing far better then anyone post 1.06.11

The advances after that are basicly in line with smoking poeple before the supply nerfs all my 10-0 1941 wins.

The key is he has SHC completely off balance.

AGN: has easly done the right hook.
AGC: Moscow is toast, GHC is close far to soon and in great supply because of whatever loop hole hes found.
AGS: Rostov, AGA will easly be released and Stalingrad will more then likly fall.

Sure SHC OOB is ok, because they have been with drawing.

There is no plase to run now and I expect Sapper to get large pockets.

Leningrad/Moscow/Rostov/AGA and Stalingrad. If you guys are playing the 260 VP game I expect Sapper will win out or come close.

As before 1.06.11 suppies seem not to be an issue for GHC in this game.

Armaments are not the bottle neck and have not been for 8 months atleast.

Sapper will easly put a huge hurting on manpower, which there is a tipping point.

Once he gets over that SHC has no chance to get close to Berlin before 1946.

< Message edited by Pelton -- 12/1/2012 9:53:33 PM >

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

Post #: 85
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 12/2/2012 12:17:08 AM   
carlkay58

As far as I have seen, the major thing that Saper is doing is to use air supply as much as possible on the Motorized XXs. Then use them to plow a deep penetration that flips a lot of hexes for the rest of the army (panzers and infantry) to follow along. I have tried this method against the AI and it is amazing how fast and far the Axis can go. You fly the supply in before movement at the start of the turn (up to the max of 124%) and then fly more after the movement. Make sure it is the first mission type flown when all of the level bombers will use their first mission to fly the fuel.

What does this do? It allows the Axis to max out the Motorized XXs' movement WITHOUT having to rest up for HQBUs. There is just no slowing them down and it can be very effective.

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 86
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 12/2/2012 12:26:23 AM   
Michael T

I think Harry has run too far too fast in this one.

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 87
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 12/2/2012 12:57:04 AM   
Peltonx

He had no other options.

As GHC had unlimited fuel.

You more then anyone should know this. If you don't run you simply get pocketed.

You should be happy its the good old days all over again.

No skill required just exploit the crap out of the current rule set.

Grats to Sapper for out smarting 2by3 febble attempts to balance game.

2by3 has nerfed GHC to the point the poor guys playing as the game should be, are getting crushed early.

As we know MT once this last exploit is nerfed the SHC should be easly winning in late 1944.

Is it a skill exploiting rule sets or is the exploiter simply skillfull at finding exploits?

Its hard to tell whos the best when you can't know for sure if the other guys just exploiting the ruleset?

I personally stopped using fuel exploits in October of 2011 when I started my last big round of games, my game vs M60 was one of them.

I was hoping the talk of the up coming patch that was to nerf fuel exploits would work, but did not.

Hopefully the next one will nerf the last exploit.

I hope this will not be part of witw or with the allied air forse Patton will be in Berlin 3 months after allies land in France heheheheehhe.

Patton would have loved unlimited fuel, heheheh

< Message edited by Pelton -- 12/2/2012 1:09:38 AM >

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 88
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 12/2/2012 1:05:37 AM   
Michael T

Go do your move Pelton

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 89
RE: Defending Mother Russia - 12/2/2012 1:10:52 AM   
Peltonx

You can be sure our game will last until the last fuel exploit is gone hehehehehe
and Berlin falls.

be interesting to see what Sapper or yourself is like with out a fuel exploit?

Working on Bobos turn he finally stopped playing the other 2 games he just bought and was nice enough to do a turn for the first time in 2 weeks.

< Message edited by Pelton -- 12/2/2012 1:20:06 AM >

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Defending Mother Russia Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI