Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Immediate needed changes in the game!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Immediate needed changes in the game! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Immediate needed changes in the game! - 12/7/2012 7:03:06 PM   
topper6

Hey guys, Matrix and Black Hand, and thank you for the new Close Combat game. I'm fond of it and is giving this a 7/10 compared to other CC games.

However, there are a few things you have missed for the experienced CC gamer. I have played this game since CC1 and been a true follower and competitor, even back to the old "Case's ladder"!

My cents go into making the news list clickable, as i mean that when you click on a team's message the game should of course, as previuosly, center the map and highlight the team that has caused the news to appear in the list.

Second thing is that enemy fire is way to hard to detect. I'm playing in 1920*1080 and can hardly see muzzle flames or the lines indicating the fire/rounds. If you meant that it should be harder to detect where from a team is attacked, i understand, but that also reduces the realism since i guess a team have some clues about where from the fire comes. So, I wan't bigger, thicker and longer lasting fire/rounds lines from enemy guns showing on the screen.

Third, it at least feels, like pathing has taken a step backwards. We saw an awesome movement patch some time ago. Is this game using the same programming?

Last, I would *wish for* heavy advertisement from your company for this game. It is a great game, and even better multiplayer game. It's fast, thrilling, and easy to learn, yet complex. I would have loved to see the multiplayer room filled with hundreds of eager players. I believe we have one or two generations who haven't really got to know this game and some external advertisment wouldn't hurt to get them into the game.

This is my feedback for now, and again thank you for a very good new Close Combat game!

Sincerely, Henrik Hedberg, Sweden.
Post #: 1
RE: Immediate needed changes in the game! - 12/7/2012 8:16:27 PM   
VadeS

Forget about pathfinding , I asked about it 2 weeks ago and got no replay from MATRIX

(in reply to topper6)
Post #: 2
RE: Immediate needed changes in the game! - 12/7/2012 8:45:51 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

You may not have gotten a specific reply on pathing, but then you really only mentioned it in passing. We are working on pathing improvements as we speak, some of the maps interact badly with the pathing technique in ways that weren't spotted in beta. So there are improvements on the way.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to VadeS)
Post #: 3
RE: Immediate needed changes in the game! - 12/7/2012 9:30:11 PM   
VadeS

I can't wait to see improvements

Cheers

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 4
RE: Immediate needed changes in the game! - 12/8/2012 9:49:53 AM   
Sapa

What was tested in the Beta??? Did you play one map!?

(in reply to VadeS)
Post #: 5
RE: Immediate needed changes in the game! - 12/8/2012 1:25:31 PM   
JFFulcrum

quote:

i guess a team have some clues about where from the fire comes

It is realism - look into topic 'Question' below . You can also check your own eyes in youtube video 'Canadians get caught in ambush' and other videos of that kind. Only veterans have intuition and experience enough to get clues about enemy`s position.

< Message edited by JFFulcrum -- 12/8/2012 1:29:20 PM >

(in reply to Sapa)
Post #: 6
RE: Immediate needed changes in the game! - 12/8/2012 8:22:06 PM   
topper6

quote:

ORIGINAL: JFFulcrum

quote:

i guess a team have some clues about where from the fire comes

It is realism - look into topic 'Question' below . You can also check your own eyes in youtube video 'Canadians get caught in ambush' and other videos of that kind. Only veterans have intuition and experience enough to get clues about enemy`s position.

I don't think it was intended though to be a realism thing. I just thinkt the coding went wrong.

(in reply to JFFulcrum)
Post #: 7
RE: Immediate needed changes in the game! - 12/9/2012 12:13:23 AM   
Bison36

The fire lines are extremely hard to see and I don't think the experience level of troops has anything to do with it. They really need to be looked at and made visable. As it is right now, they are not a part of the game. Even your own fire doesn't show up.

(in reply to topper6)
Post #: 8
RE: Immediate needed changes in the game! - 12/12/2012 7:10:54 PM   
mbar

[deleted]

< Message edited by mbar -- 12/13/2012 3:08:24 AM >

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Immediate needed changes in the game! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI