Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Computer WITE rookie/wargame veteran

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Computer WITE rookie/wargame veteran Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Computer WITE rookie/wargame veteran - 11/26/2012 4:41:26 PM   
Ten10ths

I'm an experienced board/computer wargamer, but new to computer WITE. Have played the SPI boardgame several times a million years ago.

I'm looking for another computer WITE rookie to play the Soviets so that I can get a handle on the refined rules, the tactics in the computer version and to have another player to learn from. I'm thinking that playing enough turns in a casual game so that we both get enough experience in the PBEM mode to restart a "serious" game would be a great learning tool.

It'd also allow us to get fast enough to send turns in a timely enough manner to play anyone. I'll be fairly slow at first, until I get a handle on the routine.

Any takers? If so, email me back with your preferences. I have the Don to the Danube expansion installed and would prefer the Germans in the "Operation Barbarossa" scenario.

< Message edited by Ten10ths -- 11/27/2012 12:07:16 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Computer WITE rookie/wargame veteran - 12/21/2012 5:29:22 PM   
JMAC039122

Are you still looking for a rookie Soviet opponent? (Never mind I have another game booked)

< Message edited by jm039122 -- 1/3/2013 4:52:44 AM >

(in reply to Ten10ths)
Post #: 2
RE: Computer WITE rookie/wargame veteran - 1/2/2013 5:36:27 PM   
tkershner

Hi, I am also a longtime wargamer (board, miniatures and computer) who is also fairly new to WITE (I've never played in PBEM. Will play either side in any scenario with the proviso that we play one of the shorter scenarios before tackling one of the long ones. Plse let me know.

(in reply to Ten10ths)
Post #: 3
RE: Computer WITE rookie/wargame veteran - 1/29/2013 6:46:49 PM   
grantpettit

Hi,I'm new to this,just played for a couple of weeks so happy to do Soviet,from the Uk by the way,

Grant

(in reply to tkershner)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Computer WITE rookie/wargame veteran Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI