Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ships with a mind of their own?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Ships with a mind of their own? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ships with a mind of their own? - 12/24/2002 10:31:12 PM   
gamer1958

Can someone tell me why my ships sometimes change destination on their own?

1) I had a badly damaged cruiser two hexes from PM. I set the destination hex as PM; thought at very least it was the closest port, they could put out fires, control flooding, then set sail for homeport, major repairs, etc. The ship changed its destination to Brisbane two turns running. I finally said the hell with it, if they want to sink that badly let them. Whats up with this?

2) Formed a Transport TF in Brisbane. Wanted to sail to Rockhampton to pick up troops. TF sails to Rockhampton, then immediately sets sail back to Brisbane. How do I get this TF to stop in Rockhampton long enough for me to give the "Load Troops" order? Its destination always seems to be its homeport.
Post #: 1
Re: Ships with a mind of their own? - 12/24/2002 10:46:55 PM   
mogami

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gamer1958
[B]Can someone tell me why my ships sometimes change destination on their own?

1) I had a badly damaged cruiser two hexes from PM. I set the destination hex as PM; thought at very least it was the closest port, they could put out fires, control flooding, then set sail for homeport, major repairs, etc. The ship changed its destination to Brisbane two turns running. I finally said the hell with it, if they want to sink that badly let them. Whats up with this?

2) Formed a Transport TF in Brisbane. Wanted to sail to Rockhampton to pick up troops. TF sails to Rockhampton, then immediately sets sail back to Brisbane. How do I get this TF to stop in Rockhampton long enough for me to give the "Load Troops" order? Its destination always seems to be its homeport. [/B][/QUOTE]

1. You should change the ships homeport to PM as well as the destination

2. set do not retire, or change homeport to Rockhampton

with retire on a TF once it reaches it's destination will set out for home again.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to gamer1958)
Post #: 2
- 12/24/2002 10:48:45 PM   
rcwkent

When you want a TF to go to a port and STAY there, click the 'set homebase' to the port destination you want, change it, then click 'return to homeport.'
The destination and homeport will be the same, and your TF will
slide on down there.

"I don't know what the heck this logistics is that Marshall is always talking about, but I want some of it"
Admiral Ernest J King

(in reply to gamer1958)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Ships with a mind of their own? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI